Official WRC Series Returns: EA Sports WRC, to Launch November 3 on PC & New-Gen Consoles

• Thread starter Famine
  • 207 comments
1693926355823.png

Unreal Engine, hm. Perhaps a hint towards future F1 games running UE?
Think it's been expected for a while, there was some surprise that '23 wasn't UE. Though I understand it's benefit more for WRC than I do for F1.

For me it dépends on the classic content. For modern WRC, I can't even be bothered 🤣
You're missing out. Apart from the small number of cars in the top category (and maybe the media coverage), everything about current WRC is awesome. Much more interesting than a couple years ago. They even run the Safari rally again - fingers crossed that one translates well to the game!

If you have any chance to see those cars IRL, do, they are wicked fast downforce monsters.
Watching Kalle Rovanpera absolutely fly past me in some Finnish forest was the most impressive motorsport experience of my life.

Although I haven’t got psvr2 I’d have jumped on it if this title supported it.

As I’ve no interest in going pc, and no psvr sim titles on the horizon I guess my sim racing days are numbered.

@ZedNinetySix @kjb Are we sure this is going to be annual? The fact that it doesn't have a number or year leads me to believe that there is a possibility that this might be a base game that is updated with DLC through the years (similar to Assetto Corsa Competizione).

If that's the case (and if it's implemented in a competent manner), it's a methodology far superior to annual releases IMO.

Last edited:
I dont understand the point of annual releases...
(Or almost yearly, I guess)

No time for refinement or longevity...
A lot of it is down to the series themselves, they view games as marketing and new releases get far more press than updates or expansions.

Rallying is rather niche though even among motorsports and DR2 has had solid player retention so hopefully they feel that just building onto the first game is the way to go.

Last edited:
@ZedNinetySix @kjb Are we sure this is going to be annual? The fact that it doesn't have a number or year leads me to believe that there is a possibility that this might be a base game that is updated with DLC through the years (similar to Assetto Corsa Competizione).

If that's the case (and if it's implemented in a competent manner), it's a methodology far superior to annual releases IMO.
The first WRC game from Evolution in 2001 was merely titled “World Rally Championship”, so I’d suspect they’ll be doing the same here.

Very happy. Day one. I’m about to preorder but i want a physical copy. There will be any or is it only digital?

Wheel compatibility List for ps5? Just to know if i have to change my t300.

Thanks in advance. Best regards and have a nice day all.

a PS5 pre order with "bonuses" for under €50.-?? what's the catch here? Take my money i guess.. i'm quite excited for this one.

I think it'll be like EA Sports PGA Tour and F1 '23, PGA Tour just introduced a pro pass for extra content, worked out to about £12 to buy for the first season. F1 '23 the VIP tier of podium pass is around £7.

So I think it'll follow a similar path to that and the die hard fans will invest the extra in the passes/seasons, and as long as the extra content is worth it then people will. In PGA Tour and F1 it's mostly cosmetic stuff like livery's or golf club appearances, XP etc.

Hopefully they'll tell us soon how the season pass system works and what's involved beyond the 5 bonus passes we get for preordering.

Very happy that this is finally announced. Dirt Rally 2.0 is one of the greatest racing games of all time on my book, at least once all the DLC was added. WRC licence is just a little bonus for me, this is DIRT Rally 3 essentially and I'm so excited about it. I fell out of love with the real world WRC years ago, maybe this will pull me back in.

I think it'll be like EA Sports PGA Tour and F1 '23, PGA Tour just introduced a pro pass for extra content, worked out to about £12 to buy for the first season. F1 '23 the VIP tier of podium pass is around £7.

So I think it'll follow a similar path to that and the die hard fans will invest the extra in the passes/seasons, and as long as the extra content is worth it then people will. In PGA Tour and F1 it's mostly cosmetic stuff like livery's or golf club appearances, XP etc.

Hopefully they'll tell us soon how the season pass system works and what's involved beyond the 5 bonus passes we get for preordering.
I guess alot of those 78 cars on the car list are becoming available as DLC right? or is it somewhere confirmed they will be avalable at launch? I did see "200 stages available at launch" but didnt see that at the cars list.

Back