PhotoMode Technique: Compose & Expose

• Thread starter CrackHoor
  • 67 comments
I got a question about black cars, usually when I take my pictures, my car gets a shiny gloss to it in the sun, and it's hard to see the cars lines. What should I do about that?

ekmatt9
I got a question about black cars, usually when I take my pictures, my car gets a shiny gloss to it in the sun, and it's hard to see the cars lines. What should I do about that?

Shooting black cars is almost always going to give you that problem, short of a lot of time in Photoshop, you may not be able to do a lot about it.

Black cars are very difficult to photograph well in real life, I've read a number of articles in car mag about how photographer complain if the test car is black.

Have a think about how many times you see black cars photgraphed in car magazines, its not that many. I've just had a quick look in this weeks Autocar and of the cars tested, not one has been supplied by the manufacturer in black.

You do see black cars used in advertising shots, but these are normally studio shots were the photographer can play around with the lighting to ensure that the lines are visiable.

I've just had a quick look at the Merecedes McLaren SLR site and of all the shots of the car, not one is of the car in black. Given that the car is only availiable in black or silver, thats says a lot.

The only thing that I can suggest is that you take a lot of shots at different setting and see what works.

Regards

Scaff

Cartoon Pictures
By Ryosuke_Gunma​

Let's do some cartoon pictures, a little bit like Initial D.

1. First, put a good balance of the Brightness/Contrast.
2. Go to Filter>Artistic>Posted Edges. That's all!

Original

New

Enjoy! :)

Loved the tutorial CrackHoor 👍 , I just have 1 question, how do you get the thumnail view rather the link with the URL and ect., just wondering:dunce:

Thanks, MaNYaC! Glad too see it's still getting some attention.

When you host a picture with ImageShack, they generate a handful of links for you to copy and paste. To throw a thumbnail on the forums, you want to go to the 'Thumbnail' links and hilite the one labeled 'Forums'. Copy & paste it into your post and pow - a thumbnail in your post that links to the big picture. Hope that's what you're looking for...

Latest Posts

Back