Pit lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I supposed to do anything to speed up the pit sequence. I select tyres and then I have to wait ages for the pit to complete.
Also don't get me started on that stupid don't refuel button if I accidentally touch the wrong button I am having to start the whole race again

Am I supposed to do anything to speed up the pit sequence. I select tyres and then I have to wait ages for the pit to complete.
Also don't get me started on that stupid don't refuel button if I accidentally touch the wrong button I am having to start the whole race again
Nope. The pit lane is, aside from tyre selection and fuelling, effectively a cutscene.

Do I need to do anything to start the fueling?
Nope. It starts after the tyres are swapped (if they are), and only stops if and when you stop it or the tank is full.

Ok thank you I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong.
Na, you're good. The bad news is some of the pit stops can seemingly take forever (LeMans is one that comes to mind) for the car to show up in the pit-box. The good news is it's the same for everyone.

The waiting time is basically the length of the pit lane divided by the speed limit.

The pit lane at La Sarthe is around 550 meters long and the speed limit is 60 km/h, approximately 17 m/s. 550/17 = 32 seconds.

Never considered it before this thread but I wish pitting was a bit more interactive, it'd add a lot more tension to the longer races.

Last edited:
The waiting time is basically the length of the pit lane divided by the speed limit.

The pit lane at La Sarthe is around 550 meters long and the speed limit is 60 km/h, approximately 17 m/s. 550/17 = 32 seconds.
But we are not pitting at the end of the full pit lane, I am usually 1/3 to ¹/² of pit lane...not 550 meters.

But we are not pitting at the end of the full pit lane, I am usually 1/3 to ¹/² of pit lane...not 550 meters.
And how long does it take for your car to exit the pit lane once the tyres/fuel are done?

I'm pretty sure the pit times at Le Mans are accurate to real times. It just seems longer for us as the whole wait time is before the car stops.

Last edited:

You exit the pit immediately after the pit stop, so effectively you are pitting at the end of the lane, even if it doesn’t look like that during the animation.

The pits are a massive joke I pitted 45 seconds ahead of an npc he took full fuel, tyres and came out first
That will only happen if you took on way more fuel and the refuel rate was slow (like in The Human Comedy at Lago Maggiore).

For the number of times I've seen people make this claim, on consoles that record everything they see all the time, I've never seen it backed up with evidence. I've also never seen it happen and can, with ease, show it not happening.

That will only happen if you took on way more fuel and the refuel rate was slow (like in The Human Comedy at Lago Maggiore).

For the number of times I've seen people make this claim, on consoles that record everything they see all the time, I've never seen it backed up with evidence. I've also never seen it happen and can, with ease, show it not happening.
He had 10% left I had 7% he filled to 100% and so did I he was in a corvette I was in an Aston Martin

24 heur 700 pp laguna is it? I have logged off now
There are, notably, no 24hr-long races in GT7. The only races with a time limit are 30 minutes to an hour in length, and none take place at Laguna Seca.

Do you mean the WTC800 race (for 800PP cars, with an AI field consisting of Gr.3 cars) at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 24h Layout? This takes place over an hour and features a 24h day-night cycle. There's also a WTC700 race (for 700PP cars, with an AI field consisting of Gr.4 cars) at the 24h Le Mans circuit, which is 30 minutes long. Laguna Seca does have a 10-lap race for WTC700, but it's just a 10-lap race.

If I know which race it is, I can go test it out.

24 heur 700 pp laguna is it?
This really leaves us guessing which event you refer to as there is no single event that matches this description.
Also it would be possible to simply show us what happened because you are playing
on consoles that record everything they see all the time

corvette I was in an Aston Martin
This doesnt really matter as all cars have the same fuel capacitiy in this game, which means refuelling happens in equal time spans.
Only do they consume fuel at a different rate.

Last edited:
Du man's 700 pp race 24 heures
So WTC700 @ Le Mans, presumably. And you probably misunderstood the situation, it sounds like the car behind you didn’t actually make a pit stop, given that they closed a gap of 45 seconds.

They definitely did pit and went from 10%fuel to 100%
With so much effort you put into describing the situation, you would only need to create a video to show it to us.

That or simply 2 screenshots of into the pits and pit exit.
If on mobile, you can use the PS App to copy screenshots into the forum.
If on PC, you can either connect your phone by the same method as above, or use PS Remote Play and screenshot from there.

There are some players who are doing that race quite repetitive (because it is one of the few offering a reasonably high payout), yet none of them seems to suffer the same problem.

With so much effort you put into describing the situation, you would only need to create a video to show it to us.

That or simply 2 screenshots of into the pits and pit exit.
If on mobile, you can use the PS App to copy screenshots into the forum.
If on PC, you can either connect your phone by the same method as above, or use PS Remote Play and screenshot from there.

There are some players who are doing that race quite repetitive (because it is one of the few offering a reasonably high payout), yet none of them seems to suffer the same problem.
I won so it didn't matter and the video will be gone. Thank you for implying that I am lying. I am not there are a lot of very strange things in this game the npcs gain time going through chicane areas while I am doing 180 on a straight bit.
I don't lie so don't suggest it again

Thank you for implying that I am lying ... I don't lie so don't suggest it again
It's not an implication that you are lying, it's a statement that you are probably mistaken.

Now I know what race you were talking about, I'm going to see if I can repeat it. I assume you were using the Gr.4 Aston Martin V8 Vantage?

I am not there are a lot of very strange things in this game the npcs gain time going through chicane areas while I am doing 180 on a straight bit.
The gaps shown are to the same point on the track. If they're gaining time on you going through a chicane, it's because they gained time on you going through a chicane, not compared to you on a straight.

Again, this isn't strange - it's standard in motorsport to compare timings at the same point on the track - and you're mistaken about what is shown.

Last edited:
It's not an implication that you are lying, it's a statement that you are probably mistaken.

Now I know what race you were talking about, I'm going to see if I can repeat it. I assume you were using the Gr.4 Aston Martin V8 Vantage?
Yes and I am not mistaken if it happens again I will post images. If I am saying it then it is a fact I am not a child or an idiot take my word for it. IT HAPPENED. Stop talking toffee and ACCEPT IT

Yes and I am not mistaken if it happens again I will post images. If I am saying it then it is a fact I am not a child or an idiot take my word for it. IT HAPPENED. Stop talking toffee and ACCEPT IT
No, that's not how anything works.

You're saying something that is objectively not tallying with anything previously observed in GT7. The most likely explanation is that you are mistaken - as with your error regarding time gaps (which may, of course, be related) - but we're open to the possibility that you are not. Hence all the requests for information and any kind of evidence from you.

If it's possible to show it with evidence, and it can be recreated, then it'll be accepted. Simply taking your word for it won't fly.

Edit: The lead Corvette pitted a lap before me, when I was around 2.5s behind it. When I pitted a lap later I came out around 4s behind it, but I took on a lap more fuel.

Also Inters, as it started raining just before I pitted, so I was back past him through the Daytona chicane.

There was nothing like a 45-second pit lane time loss between the two of us.

Last edited:
If I am saying it then it is a fact
This is quite offensive, what about the things all other people say for a fact?
At some point all these facts are in contrast to each other and only one fact remains.
Some of the elimated facts were said in good faith yet wrong either because of misinterpretation of situations or because of the lack of observation among other options, and some eliminated facts were said simply by bad intention.

None of us responding to you lose or gain anything, all of us are only doing it to help finding the plausible answer which is generally not "cheating AI" or "bugged game" but any of the remaining possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back