Porsche electric cars losing power when using a steering wheel (Logitech pro) anyone else - Solved, it's the transducer/basskicker causing it.

United Kingdom
South Wales
Does anyone out there with this wheel and pedals hit any problems with GT7 on PSVR2 specifically with electric Porsche cars ?

(I've not come across any other electric car brand in the game but I'm fairly new to it)

Basically the car completely loses power. I'm hitting brake then accelerator and it just won't go again. The car comes to a halt. I can see the blue arc showing that it's registering my accelerator press but the car doesn't go until it suddenly sorts itself out somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute later.

For a while I wondered if it was meant to be mimicking the battery running out but it didn't make a lot of sense as sometimes it would happen on the first lap.

Then when I couldn't get the car going again I picked up the controller and hit accelerate and it started going again no problem.

It never happens on anything but the 2 electric Porsches and never happens on any other game.
So it's definitely an issue with this game talking to the pedals.

I've got a vid of it happening.
Logitech have seen it and said it's definitely game related as it wouldn't make any sense for it to only happen on specific cars if it were their wheel.

Very frustrating!

I didn't think anyone would be interested in just seeing my car come to a halt and sitting there doing nothing.

I don't think the clutch is in use for electric cars.

Furthermore I've taken my feet entirely off the pedals and then just push the accelerator even with my hand.
You can see the blue arc registering accelerator being pressed but the car doesn't go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should uhh hold the accelerator down for longer than 0.5sec what do you expect if you’re on and off the pedal that quickly… of course you aren’t going to move, then you’re crawling along at 18mph because you’re feathering the throttle,
Then you pull away like normal around the 02:30 mark because you actually hold the throttle down properly

Or the above isn’t user error and it’s your equipment that’s faulty

Last edited:
Maybe you should uhh hold the accelerator down for longer than 0.5sec what do you expect if you’re on and off the pedal that quickly… of course you aren’t going to move, then you’re crawling along at 18mph because you’re feathering the throttle,
Then you pull away like normal around the 02:30 mark because you actually hold the throttle down properly

Or the above isn’t user error and it’s your equipment that’s faulty
It loses power whilst I'm driving along with my foot on the floor.
Then I try everything. Pressing quickly, pressing and holding etc.

Sure it could be the equipment but it never does it on any other game or on any other car in GT7. And it does it pretty much every time on the Taycan. So if it is the equipment then the equipment is clever enough to know what car I'm driving, which I would say is pretty unlikely.

I don't think the clutch is in use for electric cars.
I cant tell how the game does all its stuff, just that the Taycan has 2 gears (automatically selected) and propably this is causing the issue.

Edit: does this also happen without PSVR 2 enabled?

Last edited:
Thanks! I didn't know they did a pc only version of the wheel.
Very Grateful for the offer.
Yeah i didn't know either until after I messed up and bought it instead of the ps version. They make 3 versions: ps/pc, xbox/pc and PC only. Luckily the drivehub works great so I can use my wheel.

Tried it out on Le Mans. Did a few weight reductions to get it to 700. Car seems to work fine for me on that track.... But not usable for that race for me because I don't know how to ride the brakes correctly to charge the batteries without losing speed.... Managed to get 1.5 laps before the battery died.

Tried it out on Le Mans. Did a few weight reductions to get it to 700. Car seems to work fine for me on that track.... But not usable for that race for me because I don't know how to ride the brakes correctly to charge the batteries without losing speed.... Managed to get 1.5 laps before the battery died.
Ooh that's interesting. So the battery did die that quickly.
Are you on vr or flat screen?
My charge (gonna need to check my video when I'm not working) is at 100% I swear, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Where are you seeing your battery charge?

And thanks so much!

Last edited:
Ooh that's interesting. So the battery did die that quickly.
Are you on vr or flat screen?
My charge (gonna need to check my video when I'm not working) is at 100% I swear, but maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing.

Where are you seeing your battery charge?

And thanks so much!
I'm using VR so it's on the HUD but you should see it on flat screen also. You will know you are out of fuel because it will limit you to around 80 kmh

I'm using VR so it's on the HUD but you should see it on flat screen also. You will know you are out of fuel because it will limit you to around 80 kmh
Ah that's different then as mine just goes down to standstill.

I did think it couldnt be the battery otherwise how would it manage to spring back to full life and why does the controller bring it back to life instantly.
Grateful to you for doing that though.

The cars are not equally viable for all races, obviously.
Strange enough the Taycan doesnt run empty on the Deepf Forst 1h race, while some others have to pit to refuel
That race has lots of corners and lots of opportunities to charge the battery from using the brakes. I used le mans because it has long straights and not many opportunities to charge. Figured that track would be best to show me what kind of range the car has.

Do you by chance have a shifter attached to your wheel? It really shouldn't matter of cause any issues but if you have one, might be a good idea to either make sure it's in neutral or disconnect it from the wheel.

If you want to test other electric only cars, the ones that come to mind at the moment are the Teslas and the Hyundai VGT road car (not the Gr 1 version).

If you want to test other electric only cars, the ones that come to mind at the moment are the Teslas and the Hyundai VGT road car (not the Gr 1 version).
Will do. Thanks. I'll feed back when I have (if I can buy em)
I'll also detach the shifter just in case.

Yes I've got one but if that was causing an issue it would be happening on other cars right ?
I can't think of a logical reason why it could cause the problem because electric use a different drivetrain. But it's just a way to rule out the easy stuff to see if the problem goes away.

What pedals are you using? Are you using a racing adapter?

No, the Taycan is the only BEV car with more than 1 gear.
All other cars are either hybrid or have only 1 gear.
Hmm that makes me think that the shifter could potentially cause an issue. I'm doing the Spa grind right now. I'll hook up my TH8S shifter to see if I can duplicate... But not sure if I will be able to duplicate the issue because my setup is not officially approved by Logitech

All manual cars have more than 1 gear so it would affect all of those.
I am simply trying to figure out a possible difference.
Like "all manual cars are meant to be driven this way, thus PD has quality checked to make sure this error doesnt occure".

Also the Taycan 2nd gear is still an always automatic transmission, you cant do it manually - another reason why I think this is a rare case that probaly wasnt considered or tested as well.

I am simply trying to figure out a possible difference.
Like "all manual cars are meant to be driven this way, thus PD has quality checked to make sure this error doesnt occure".

Also the Taycan 2nd gear is still an always automatic transmission, you cant do it manually - another reason why I think this is a rare case that probaly wasnt considered or tested as well.
I'll certainly try disconnecting it and seeing what happens.

I just tried it, same wheel, psvr2, shifter connected, same car and track (Taycan Porsche Club 650 at Nordschleife). No issues at all.

Only thing different is the assists that you use in the video, might want to try turning all assists off, weird I know if that was it, but can't think of anything else.

I just tried it, same wheel, psvr2, shifter connected, same car and track (Taycan Porsche Club 650 at Nordschleife). No issues at all.

Only thing different is the assists that you use in the video, might want to try turning all assists off, weird I know if that was it, but can't think of anything else.
Thank you for trying. Must be my pedals.
I'll do that though at it's worth a go but can't imagine why any assist would cut your power.
Just seems so odd that if my pedals are faulty it only happens on these 2 cars.

Thank you for trying. Must be my pedals.
I'll do that though at it's worth a go but can't imagine why any assist would cut your power.
Just seems so odd that if my pedals are faulty it only happens on these 2 cars.
Yes doesn't make any sense... really strange bug.

Probably you have done it already, but just in case, you can update the wheel software connecting it to a PC and using G-hub.

Yes doesn't make any sense... really strange bug.

Probably you have done it already, but just in case, you can update the wheel software connecting it to a PC and using G-hub.
Alas yeh it's up to date.
Well I've not checked in the last 2 weeks actually so I'll do that.

Do you by chance have a handbrake or maybe configured a shifter paddle or clutch as a brake?...

Also what pedals are you using?

Do you by chance have a handbrake or maybe configured a shifter paddle or clutch as a brake?...

Also what pedals are you using?
I've got a shifter. Not in use.
No handbrake.
Clutch is clutch.
It's not a case of something else being pressed as I even went to the effort of getting out the seat and just pushing the accelerator pedal with my hand.

It's the Logitech DD Pro pedals.
Sounds like they must be at fault but why they only do it with these 2 cars is beyond me.

I didn't think anyone would be interested in just seeing my car come to a halt and sitting there doing nothing.
If we could see the actual pedal inputs it'd be more useful. Did you save the replay of this race so we can see it again in flat-o-vision with the full HUD?

Back