PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,080 comments
The latest big patch mucked it all up when it comes to 1st gear. So for some of his tunes you need to bump the top speed setting up really high, into the 300km+ or even 400km+ some times for it to allow you to set 1st gear to the lower ratio.
thank you that helps

Can we get some new set ups for the Chevy Corvette swaps, C1 & C2 please?
For the C1 , all this power is unusable without downforce on skinny tires. Perhaps top speed on Route X....

C2 can be ok at 700PP for Le Mans , consumption is huge and allow 2 laps at FM6. But it's fast at least. Using max power is also unusable. +1100HP , even with balast and racing soft tires... Too much power for technical tracks.

thank you that helps
Hi , good morning .I did the bump up did the adjustments. Now this is where its confusing . Do I move the top speed or not?I did adjustments and when I was finish with the adjustments. I put the top speed back according to the tune . and the gear ratios were totaly different. So yeah Im lost.Thank you for any more clarification

Thank you for any more clarification
If you want to set the 1st gear to a higher speed than you currently can select.
1. increase top speed here
1715430486627.png

2. adjust individual gears as you want
1715430506052.png

3. thats it, you are finished.
Dont change the singular topspeed slider of step 1 again, otherwise this will change all individual gear ratios again.

Hi , good morning .I did the bump up did the adjustments. Now this is where its confusing . Do I move the top speed or not?I did adjustments and when I was finish with the adjustments. I put the top speed back according to the tune . and the gear ratios were totaly different. So yeah Im lost.Thank you for any more clarification

Meythia has it covered, bit yeah essential ignore the top speed slider value it's not a true reflection if you then manually alter the gear ratios anyway... it's designed to be for simpletons like me so you can just change that and it will alter the individual ratios for you.

Until Polyphony sort it our most of those values will not be exactly as Praiano has originally indicated if they are on earlier versions of the game. Once you've got the ratios set as per the tunes then just ignore the top speed slider.

For the C1 , all this power is unusable without downforce on skinny tires. Perhaps top speed on Route X....

C2 can be ok at 700PP for Le Mans , consumption is huge and allow 2 laps at FM6. But it's fast at least. Using max power is also unusable. +1100HP , even with balast and racing soft tires... Too much power for technical tracks.

Fair enough, at the moment I have your stock tunes applied so will just attempt to tweak those if needed.

What about the new Lexus swap, any joy with that one?

Something strange. I just tried setting this tune, and no matter what I do, I can't get 1st gear to go above 111 km/h

I tried using the "tranny trick", and with that I was able to set 1st gear to the desired 2.338, but as I lower the final gear from 5,000, the game "pushes up" my 1st gear ratio so that the top speed in 1st gear stays locked at 111 km/h. After lowering final gear to 3.610, my 1st gear is at 2.626/111 and 2.626 is the minimum value for the ratio.

Did they change something in 1.44 or 1.45, or am I just doing something wrong?
Going back to this old post, I guess we now know that there WAS a bug introduced recently surrounding 1st gear.

I just wanted to let everyone know that with this tune specifically, I just left 1st gear at the max the current update would allow given the other settings and the car still performed well, and I didn't seem to notice it much. I'm not sure if it's the same for other tunes, but since there is now some discussion around this, I thought I'd throw that out there.

Fair enough, at the moment I have your stock tunes applied so will just attempt to tweak those if needed.

I'm finishing the C2 SWAP today. For the C1 , after some test, the Swap engine don't bring any good things at any level.

Chevrolet Corvette (C2) '63 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All tracks - SWAP - 1.47

Engine SWAP: LT5-Corvette-C7

Wide body
Rims Up to you / Width wide / Offset Wide
Front B
Rear A
Wing Custom.

This car is totally overpowered but you can race Le Mans 700PP or the new Autopolis using FM6 . Take care when you pass over any small depression , the rear end stay light and you can lose traction under acceleration. I use FM1 on it to be more confident.
Like all those overpowered cars with low downforce , you'll need to take care when the power come.

1715461159189.png
1715461174772.png
1715461185338.png
1715462038509.png

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Meythia has it covered, bit yeah essential ignore the top speed slider value it's not a true reflection if you then manually alter the gear ratios anyway... it's designed to be for simpletons like me so you can just change that and it will alter the individual ratios for you.

Until Polyphony sort it our most of those values will not be exactly as Praiano has originally indicated if they are on earlier versions of the game. Once you've got the ratios set as per the tunes then just ignore the top speed slider.

thank you

Porsche 356 A/1500 GS Carrera '56 - Maxed - Mixed Tires - Route X - SWAP - 1.40

440kmh + and very stable any condition. You can fight without spinning.

- Size up to you / Rims width wide / Offset wide

Engine SWAP: 959.50-959 (Porsche 959 '87)
View attachment 1303673View attachment 1303674View attachment 1303675View attachment 1303676

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hi Maestro

Just wanted to check if you think this swap tune is drivable outside of route x, since you wrote it is very stable in every condition. Can it be used for lemans or Tokyo grinding with some adjustments?

It's on the legend dealership and wouldn't want to spend the money on swap just for route x

Hi Maestro

Just wanted to check if you think this swap tune is drivable outside of route x, since you wrote it is very stable in every condition. Can it be used for lemans or Tokyo grinding with some adjustments?

It's on the legend dealership and wouldn't want to spend the money on swap just for route x
No way ,there is a PP bug when you try to reduce the power of this car. For 600PP, You need to take out most of the parts , add a lot ballast , ... but the car still stay a crap to drive. Horrible.

Hi everyone and a very big thanks to Praiano for his set up work!!!
I remeber your set up since GT6!

Praiano do you have a good tunig for the Red Bull X2019 competition?

Hi everyone and a very big thanks to Praiano for his set up work!!!
I remeber your set up since GT6!

Praiano do you have a good tunig for the Red Bull X2019 competition?
This any good?

I noticed that with the racing gear box the shifting is faster so you can gain a little more.
This may be generally true, though the default gear box on some cars is actually faster or has the benefit of not costing PP for events with a certain limit.
As this is a very high performance car, the racing transmission likely doesnt provide any benefit.

You're right Meythia, I made the mistake of buying the custom manual transmission and the shifting was really slow. The normal one and the racing one seem to be the same in terms of shift times.

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm '20 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track - 1.44

Rims '20 -Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Parts:
Front A
Wing Custom

Lap under 4 minutes on Le Mans , excelent drive everywhere. Just take care of wheel spin at lowers gears.

View attachment 1346957View attachment 1346958View attachment 1346960View attachment 1346961View attachment 1346963

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Love this car but I find the 8 speed gearbox a pain and I get distracted with too much gear changing. Would it be possible to tune out the last two and just pretend is a normal 6 speed? Or would the car be undriveable?

Love this car but I find the 8 speed gearbox a pain and I get distracted with too much gear changing. Would it be possible to tune out the last two and just pretend is a normal 6 speed? Or would the car be undriveable?
Just need to forget the 1st and 2d gear and set 3rd to use as 1st gear . Spread the intermediary gears till last gear.
1715945211628.png

Chevrolet Corvette (C2) '63 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All tracks - 1.34

Wide body
Rims Up to you / Width wide / Offset Wide
Front B
Rear A
Wing Custom.

View attachment 1264511View attachment 1264512View attachment 1264513View attachment 1264514

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hi Praiano,

I know this is an older tune but I think there's a bug in GT7 since you made it. If you change the wheels on the car so you can make them wide/wide it raises the PP over 700 (705 I think) but to get it down under 700pp again you have to reduce the ECU/Power restrictor but you lose over 50HP. Any idea of a better solution or does it need a new tune? Thank you.

Hi Praiano,

I know this is an older tune but I think there's a bug in GT7 since you made it. If you change the wheels on the car so you can make them wide/wide it raises the PP over 700 (705 I think) but to get it down under 700pp again you have to reduce the ECU/Power restrictor but you lose over 50HP. Any idea of a better solution or does it need a new tune? Thank you.
Sorry but i can't check this, i don't have the original car anymore , only the SWAP version with C7 engine.

Last edited:
Great tune!

Just a note that to get the same stats particularly on stability at low speed -0.68, the rims have to be default (standard offset and width), not wide like in the instructions
I never set a car basing myself on Stability numbers. They are totally glitchy .
People understand this setting this way :

Stability is not a metric that you can use to determine good or bad, it is about feel. The more negative the number, the more tendency the car has to understeer. The more positive, the more oversteer. Shoot for a number depending on how you like the car to feel while turning

But i've never felt anything like this. Numbers are changing without meaning with a single click (Or don't change anything at all).
If you set the car to an extreme oversteer tendency , using harder compound at the rear or setting the suspension with a very oversteery way, the stab number stay the same.
I prefer to feel the car after any change. Wheel FFB and lap time or ghost is speaking a lot better.

Last edited:
Back