PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 12,009 comments
Toyota GR Corolla M Edition '22 - 600 PP - Sport Soft tires - Maggiore Daily - 1.39

-Wide body
-Custom wheels : Rims width wide
-Custom parts
-Front B
-Side B
-Rear St
-Wing B

I'm 1:28.4 for the moment 32 rank , room for -0.200 for me.
The pos 1 is a bit more fast but i'm happy with this grip.

View attachment 1296763View attachment 1296764View attachment 1296765View attachment 1296766

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
What a great tune and a fune little car!! Thanks @praiano63 for all your hard work!!

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 - 700PP - Racing Medium Tires - All tracks- 1.46

Wide Car
Rims 18"
Rims With Wide - Offset Wide
Front B
Wing A

I did a 600PP first for Tokyo but a PP glitch turn the car not performant. Also the huge torque is coming together and induce a lot of wheel spin. I needed to tight the car on hard springs and maxed rear ballast to contain the anoying wheel spin.

View attachment 1350556View attachment 1350557View attachment 1350558View attachment 1350559

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
May I ask, what is the top speed on this tune?

Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 '70 - 700PP - Racing Medium Tires - All tracks- 1.46

Wide Car
Rims 18"
Front B
Wing A

I did a 600PP first for Tokyo but a PP glitch turn the car not performant. Also the huge torque is coming together and induce a lot of wheel spin. I needed to tight the car on hard springs and maxed rear ballast to contain the anoying wheel spin.

View attachment 1350556View attachment 1350557View attachment 1350558View attachment 1350559

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I was all excited to try your tune and then...

Attachments

• 18f1c9b78e154-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18f1c9b78e154-screenshotUrl.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 2
Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000 GT-R '70 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - SWAP - All tracks- 1.46

Engine SWAP: LZ20B-Skyline

Wide Car
Rims 16"
Front A
Wing A

Very peaky engine . This gears are for Le Mans but need shorter gearbox for others tracks. Excelent top speed , difficult to make 3 laps with Racing soft , use medium. Laping 3:50 cruising on Le Mans.

View attachment 1350551View attachment 1350552View attachment 1350553View attachment 1350554

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Awesome stuff!!! Thank you

Mini Cooper S '05 - 500PP - Sport Hard Tires - Nordschleife - 1.46

Wide car.

Rims '16 - offset wide

Front A - Side A - Wing A

Same pace as Integra '95 , this is the limit of power when the car don't show this horrible front wheel spin. Around 8 minutes at Nordschleife.

View attachment 1350471View attachment 1350472View attachment 1350473View attachment 1350474

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Great to see you do more FF tunes! This week's challenge race at suzuka with Civics was actually fun and I liked racing those cars.

Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000 GT-R '70 - 700PP - Racing Soft Tires - SWAP - All tracks- 1.46

Engine SWAP: LZ20B-Skyline

Wide Car
Rims 16"
Front A
Wing A

Very peaky engine . This gears are for Le Mans but need shorter gearbox for others tracks. Excelent top speed , difficult to make 3 laps with Racing soft , use medium. Laping 3:50 cruising on Le Mans.

View attachment 1350551View attachment 1350552View attachment 1350553View attachment 1350554

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
A Praiano tune without a raked body height... run people the apocalypse is here!!
All jokes aside, good work as usual, though i think the wing you have is Custom as Type A only offers me upto 150 max rear downforce? Another engine swap off the list now with a Praiano tune! 🔥👍

Last edited:
Hello and good day; would it be possible to ask for a revision of the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 ‘18 tune? It works great, can it be sharper yet? If not it’s ok, it performs great. Thanks again @praiano63 🙏🏻

Master Praiano ,you have anything for ferrari VGT or is it pretty useless car?

Which VGT is best to use depends on event, but overall it’s my favorite VGT car to drive, which I know isn’t saying much. I think it’s the best looking and unlike most of the VGT cars, at least feels like a possible future version of the brand it represents.

That said, like most VGT cars, there is almost nothing you can tune. Pretty much tires and output power in ECU. Just change those two for PP needs.

Porsche Carrera RS (901) '73 - 550 PP - Sport Hard/Medium tires - Nordschleife - 1.45

Wide Body
Rims 17" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A
Side A
Rear B

I had to use mixed componds with harder tires at the front. The car is undrivable without it. This is actually one of the top 3 550PP car on Nordschleife.

View attachment 1349589View attachment 1349590View attachment 1349591View attachment 1349592

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Looking forward to trying this tune on the weekly challenge.

But there is definitely something wrong with the PP system.

I have the exact same power settings, I've triple-checked, and the numbers in the left column line up exactly - 268hp, 228ft-lb torque, 2960cc displacement and 2399lbs, etc. all the way down.

But I come up with 545.18pp vs. your 549.92. It's no big deal because I'll just back some power, but it's annoying. And let's say I went into a race against you. I would have advantage, no? (I guess that's why they're using the BoP system now, but still...)

...unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong

(And before anyone asks, I have already checked wide-body, wide rims, front A, Side A, Rear B)

Master Praiano ,you have anything for ferrari VGT or is it pretty useless car?
BTW: If you're asking because of the 950pp weekly challenge event, I find the Mazda LM55 VGT (standard, not the GR1) almost unbeatable for all the 950pp Prototype races.

BTW: If you're asking because of the 950pp weekly challenge event, I find the Mazda LM55 VGT (standard, not the GR1) almost unbeatable for all the 950pp Prototype races.
no i just got it as a gift from weekly ,thought maybe it may have some use somewhere.I did it with lm55 also.

After watching the Škoda VGT reveal race today, I have a strong feeling that the vehicle will benefit from some of the Maestro's magic on the tuning settings. I just hope they allow some wiggle room so he can find the necessary changes to make it less likely we will lose control of the vehicle as most did at some point during today's race. As someone who drives almost exclusively in VR, it was wonderful to hear the design team speak on how instrumental the cockpit view was when designing the car. The entire story of how this vehicle is joining the game is easily one of the best stories of the VGT cars to date. I have other ideas on how a few simple features announced for the Aveela would surprise and boost VR users if implemented. But I'm losing faith in PD and their commitment to VR.

I have the exact same power settings, I've triple-checked, and the numbers in the left column line up exactly - 268hp, 228ft-lb torque, 2960cc displacement and 2399lbs, etc. all the way down.

But I come up with 545.18pp vs. your 549.92. It's no big deal because I'll just back some power, but it's annoying. And let's say I went into a race against you. I would have advantage, no? (I guess that's why they're using the BoP system now, but still...)

(And before anyone asks, I have already checked wide-body, wide rims, front A, Side A, Rear B)
I double check my car , nothing wrong with the setting sheet. 549.92PP

Hello and good day; would it be possible to ask for a revision of the Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 ‘18 tune? It works great, can it be sharper yet? If not it’s ok, it performs great. Thanks again @praiano63 🙏🏻
I've checked the car and it's ok. Not a top +++ performance 700PP but a good racer , sane and grippy. A joy to drive.

I double check my car , nothing wrong with the setting sheet. 549.92PP

Have you already unlocked the "extreme" tune? Maybe could be the "stroke up s"?

Hi Praiano, thanks for all your amazing tunes, I really enjoyed your latest FF mini cooper 05 tune, superb drive 😎, I've asked before in the past and you said no but I'm gunna try again just incase the physics of the game have changed enough for you to be able to do a tune, any chance of a tune for the swift sport gr4? Thought I'd ask again as you've done some FF bangers recently and this is one of my favourite cars? 🙏😉. Thanks for all your hard work pal 👍🏻very much appreciated

Hi Praiano, thanks for all your amazing tunes, I really enjoyed your latest FF mini cooper 05 tune, superb drive 😎, I've asked before in the past and you said no but I'm gunna try again just incase the physics of the game have changed enough for you to be able to do a tune, any chance of a tune for the swift sport gr4? Thought I'd ask again as you've done some FF bangers recently and this is one of my favourite cars? 🙏😉. Thanks for all your hard work pal 👍🏻very much appreciated
The Mini cooper as the integra '95 don't show wheel spin due to low power that the front tires are able to contain. The Suzuki GR4 also have a very good chassis configuration , it would be easy to build a good suspension setting to have a excelent balance overall.... but the big problem of this car ,as others powerfull FF cars in all Granturismo , is the wheel spin due a very sudden of lost of grip under acceleration. This is messing so much the driving line that it's almost undrivable in my opinion. At least annoying. Very annoying.
This Suzuki swift GR4 is showing wheel spin till 200kmh..!!! Common PD. Tire model is horrible when they try to simulate the lost of grip, passing from 100% grip to driving on ice. Polyphony never did anything to correct this problem across all the GT games. Same for the lost of rear end when drift.
It's a real shame.

What kind of setting you're needing ? PP ? or maxed or BOP ??

Last edited:
This is one of my biggest gripes with the game. It is not impossible to correct spins, but it sure feels way harder than it should be. Wish there was better feedback, but it is exactly as you descirbe, very ice-like.

The Mini cooper as the integra '95 don't show wheel spin due to low power that the front tires are able to contain. The Suzuki GR4 also have a very good chassis configuration , it would be easy to build a good suspension setting to have a excelent balance overall.... but the big problem of this car ,as others powerfull FF cars in all Granturismo , is the wheel spin due a very sudden of lost of grip under acceleration. This is messing so much the driving line that it's almost undrivable in my opinion. At least annoying. Very annoying.
This Suzuki swift GR4 is showing wheel spin till 200kmh..!!! Common PD. Tire model is horrible when they try to simulate the lost of grip, passing from 100% grip to driving on ice. Polyphony never did anything to correct this problem across all the GT games. Same for the lost of rear end when drift.
It's a real shame.

What kind of setting you're needing ? PP ? or maxed or BOP ??
Hi Praiano, thanks for your response, I was thinking 700pp but maybe 600pp would be better as the more power you'd lose grip as you just explained, to be honest id be happy with any tune for it as one of my favourite cars and just disappointing as you say that it's not a great drive 👍🏻

Mine was sitting at 549.92 so I played around with adjusting things to see if I could find anything that explained your 4+pp difference. I discovered that you can use stock rims and do the width offset and that would have you short by around 5pp. I've mistakenly set my rims properly for a car but then changed the livery. When doing so it loaded completely different rims instead of what I previously had selected. If that is still not your issue, then it might be the Stroke Up vs. Stroke Up S part like others suggested.

Have you already unlocked the "extreme" tune? Maybe could be the "stroke up s"?

Mine was sitting at 549.92 so I played around with adjusting things to see if I could find anything that explained your 4+pp difference. I discovered that you can use stock rims and do the width offset and that would have you short by around 5pp. I've mistakenly set my rims properly for a car but then changed the livery. When doing so it loaded completely different rims instead of what I previously had selected. If that is still not your issue, then it might be the Stroke Up vs. Stroke Up S part like others suggested.
Thanks, guys, I quadruple checked and I have Stroke up S and Wide Rims

In any case, I was able to change Power restrictor to 88 and lower ballast to 6, resulting in 550.00 pp, resulting in increased 278 HP and 233.5 ft-lbs of torque.

Has to be a glitch, and this isn't the first time I've seen this kind of behavior recently. I had some very bizarre reproducible behavior with tuning the Shelby GT 350 and the pp system

Thanks, guys, I quadruple checked and I have Stroke up S and Wide Rims

In any case, I was able to change Power restrictor to 88 and lower ballast to 6, resulting in 550.00 pp, resulting in increased 278 HP and 233.5 ft-lbs of torque.

Has to be a glitch, and this isn't the first time I've seen this kind of behavior recently. I had some very bizarre reproducible behavior with tuning the Shelby GT 350 and the pp system
You used third-party wide rims and not the Porsche ones correct?

You used third-party wide rims and not the Porsche ones correct?
The tune calls for 17" wide rims. This option is not available on the stock Porsche rims. In my experience this option is rarely (if ever) an option with the stock vehicles.

So, yes, of course I'm using 3rd party wheels which have the 17" wide option

Also, in my exprience, this (different rims) never changes the PP

Back