• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 9 comments

IfAndOr

Still here.
Premium
Seychelles
Shropshire
IfAndOr
Welcome (again) to the Renault Sport Race Series (RSRS)
Mondays at 8pm (UK)
Starting 27th May?

PROJECT__5.jpg

Featuring the Renault Sport R.S. 01 and Renault Sport Mégane SMS-R TCC
(Please note. The R.S. 01 is not the GT3 version)

Due to falling driver numbers (PC2 is quite an old game after all) this might be the last series I'm going to run. So I thought as a send off I'd rerun the 1st series I organised - with a few tweaks.

Each meeting will consist of 3 races - 2 sprint races in the Mégane and 1 longer "endurance" race in the R.S. 01. Each car will run on 2 variations of the same circuit. The Mégane on a shorter layout and the R.S.01 on a longer version.

The schedule.
1st race. Mégane, 10 min qualification, an approx 15 minute race.
2nd race. Mégane, reverse grid, an approx 15 minute race.
Points from the 2 Mégane races are combined to give an overall result.

3rd race. R.S.01, 10 minutes qualification, a 20 - 25 minute race, rolling start with formation lap, compulsory pit stop

Track list.
Barcelona - National / GP (10)
Red Bull Ring - National / GP (15)
Dubai - National / International (9)
Hockenheim - Short / GP (12)
Watkins Glen - International Short / GP (11)
Mugello - Short / GP (13)
Nurbergring - Sprint Short / GP (10)
Brands Hatch - Indy / GP (14)
Sakitto - Sprint / GP (10)

* Oulton Park - Fosters / GP (12)
* Silverstone - National / GP (13)

The first mentioned layout is for the Mégane races. The figure in brackets is the number of laps for those races.
The second mentioned layout is for the R.S.01 race. That will be timed.
* Tracks to be added if everyone wants to continue for a couple more races.

Details

The Mégane races will use a standing start. The 2nd race will have a reverse grid set from the finishing positions of race 1. The circuits are generally fairly short so we'll probably start racing after completing 1 formation lap.
There will be no pit stop required during either of the shorter sprint races.

The R.S.01 race will begin with a manual formation lap leading to a rolling start. The pace is controlled by the driver in pole position but please try to keep it to no more than 60mph/100kh. Please stay in grid position forming up in single file as you approach the start line. Keep those tyres warm but try not to crash on the out lap ;)
Pit Stops - The longer race will feature one compulsory pit stop. Failure to complete the pit stop will incur a time penalty from the game.
The pit stop window will be between 5 minutes after the race starts and 5 minutes before the end.
*To keep the stops fairly equal for all, I'd preferably like everyone to use the default pit stop setup.
Pit stops will be set to automatic. Don't speed into the pits though!

Authentic driver aids will be forced on to help those who might benefit from them. You can turn them off if you have them mapped. This only affects the RS, the Mégane is aid free.

Damage - Visual only.
Mechanical damage - On
Weather - There might be!
Tyre wear - Normal.
Fuel usage - On.
Penalties - On.
Track limits - Off. Try not to abuse.

Please bear with me between races. There's a lot of setting changes that need to be made (and checked). It's bound to go wrong at some point. :)

Last edited:
Sounds really fun and I'd love to join. However I decided to finally take the plunge and switch to racing on the PC. Wish you guys the best and thanks for the fun races :)

However I decided to finally take the plunge and switch to racing on the PC.
We'll miss you Mr D, you made a good impression with your fleeting involvement. Couple of questions...

What game(s) will you be playing?

Will you me, or us, know how things go. I'm intrigued about PC racing, particularly in respect of the prevalence or otherwise of hacked content. My only experience of online PC gaming is through a WW11 fighter plane game many years ago. It was unplayable due to some people having machines that performed more like Tornadoes. My lad also does CoD online, and frequently runs into people who have hacked advantages that render the game pointless.

Oh, yeah, by the way, I'm right up for this :)

Hmm, depending on how many there are this evening, I might run another test session. It'll give me a chance to check and change all of the settings between races. I must go and write down a checklist. 🙂

We'll miss you Mr D, you made a good impression with your fleeting involvement. Couple of questions...

What game(s) will you be playing?

Will you me, or us, know how things go. I'm intrigued about PC racing, particularly in respect of the prevalence or otherwise of hacked content. My only experience of online PC gaming is through a WW11 fighter plane game many years ago. It was unplayable due to some people having machines that performed more like Tornadoes. My lad also does CoD online, and frequently runs into people who have hacked advantages that render the game pointless.

Oh, yeah, by the way, I'm right up for this :)
Thanks, Zolon. Right now I'm mainly focused on Automobilista 2. Basically a successor to PC2 as it uses the same engine, even the menu's are basically the same but with a slight retouch. FFB, AI, graphics and fps is a lot better than PC2 on console though. Then theres the option for triples, vr and headtracking, custom shaders and mods, and of course much more options in hardware so pretty happy with it all. Had a rough couple of months and felt sorry for myself lol.

Sorry for the offtopic, have fun in this series, gentlemen!

Ah, I see the post I replied to has now been exterminated. 🙃

Last edited:
I've sort of pencilled in the 27th May as a start date for this series. However this turns out to be a bank holiday (UK), so depending on availability of participants, this might need amending.

Back