Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,379 comments
Patlabor 1 to 3

First time on UK Blu-ray in limited fashion. Pre-order of all three also gave a discount over individual so not too bad.

View attachment 1318999View attachment 1319000View attachment 1319001

Well, they arrived but the wife couldn’t think of a birthday present so she paid for them.

Super high quality as normal in All the Anime collectors editions.

IMG_0279.jpeg

I've got an eye exam coming up in a week. It's been eight years since my last set of glasses, so I'll need some new frames. I just bought these from eyeglassboy.com. Both were on sale. The first pair are called Snapperaz, and the second is called Tampico. The only question is which one will be my regular glasses, and which one will be my sunglasses?

Snap_Italian_Black_Sunglasses.jpg

Black_Thick_Vintage_Esquivel_Buddy_Holly_Eyeglasses.jpg

Last edited:
iABmilkl.jpg

Latest books from an actual reasonable Goodwill trip
I've got that top book! Actually I have every NASCAR Preview and Press Guide from the mid 90's-00's. I loved those things when I was younger. When I moved out, my dad let me have all of the ones he had collected.

Made my first big furniture purchase today:
20240309_135845.jpg

Since I'm moving into an apartment in a couple months, I've been doing some furniture shopping. Wasn't enthused with the cheapo options at Ashley (most were uncomfortably stiff and didn't look all that great style wise), but ended up finding this Lancer model at a locally run furniture store. I knew it was the one as soon as I sat in it, plus it's US-made and sturdy so it should be money well spent.

Made my first big furniture purchase today:
View attachment 1335653

Since I'm moving into an apartment in a couple months, I've been doing some furniture shopping. Wasn't enthused with the cheapo options at Ashley (most were uncomfortably stiff and didn't look all that great style wise), but ended up finding this Lancer model at a locally run furniture store. I knew it was the one as soon as I sat in it, plus it's US-made and sturdy so it should be money well spent.
I look for two things in a sofa, how it feels to sit in, but more importantly does it have enough room to stretch out on for nap time. That one looks like it will be good for naps.

Overpriced window covers. Was going to try saving money and make my own but these are made using laser measurements so they fit better and the non-shiny side can help preserve heat which is nice for car camping, which is what I'll be doing.

ouch1.JPG

1710255947177.png

What's with the rear wheels? It's a great looking model of a legendary car. I think I'd be straight on the net looking for a list of parts to make it more authentic. Fairly common for Lego enthusiasts to provide "fixes" for some odd decisions at Lego.

Last edited:
View attachment 1336363

What's with the rear wheels? It's a great looking model of a legendary car. I think I'd be straight on the net looking for a list of parts to make it more authentic. Fairly common for Lego enthusiasts to provide "fixes" for some odd decisions at Lego.
Yeah, the rear wheels are almost a dealbreaker for the set. But I've seen people testing out 3D printed replacement options already to solve it.

View attachment 1336363

I really didn't notice at first but eh it doesn't bother me personally.

There has been a bit too much spending this last month.

Pressure washer

1710706740206.png

Folding shelf for the smoker

1710706655329.png

Early birthday present for me

1710706796491.png

Good deal on an impact driver

1710706858358.png

New handles for the home gym

1710706899317.png

Birthday present for the kid

1710706956603.png

Definitely #1. 3 is too feminine and 2 got you lookin' like Hamburglar.

I went 7 months without needing one. Cobalt Blue for situations where high visibility is needed. 💩💩💩💩

View attachment 1336707
I know you already got this, but if you ever need a plunger in the future, the Bee Hive is the absolute best design on the market. One push is enough to quickly dispatch pretty much any clog. We had an issue in an office with a backpitched pipe, so as the only man in the building, I've unfortunately become familiar with several crappy rescue missions.

Definitely #1. 3 is too feminine and 2 got you lookin' like Hamburglar.
I'm not concerned with looking “feminine”, but I am leaning towards #1 as well. All three frames are from Courtland Eyewear.

#1 is called Snapperaz and was a popular style in Italy in the 1960s. Think Marcello Mastroiani.
IMG_3451.jpeg

#2 are Zafiro frames, copies of the classic Mexican Faiosa glasses Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison wore.
IMG_3449.jpeg

IMG_3450.jpeg

#3 are Socrates frames, a popular style in Europe in the ‘60s and ‘70s. They were worn by Aristotle Onassis among others. These are limited production. Courtland made them in six different colors, but only 50 of each. They didn’t even put them on their website. They only offered them through email to previous buyers.
IMG_3455.jpeg

Last edited:
That's cool and all, but your vibe is more Rick Rubin and less Aristotle Onassis. Save the limited editions for whenever you find yourself in a suit with a slick haircut and beard braid or something snazzy, lol.

By feminine, I don't mean that they make you look feminine, but their shapes and lines are more suited to soft features and don't go with your image as well as #1. Those first ones are killer, sunglasses or not.

Latest Posts

Back