Show off your latest purchase!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 36,361 comments
Does yours come out Neuro Fuzzy though?
I have enough fuzzy things in my life. I don't need my rice added to the list. :lol:
It's a full pot and gives it time to soak first. There's also a quick mode that just gits-r-done if you're rushed. But, yo, perfectly floofy calrose and koshihikari? I'm here for it.
No quick mode, no soaking, just four servings or Jasmine in 20 minutes. Yes, please.

TB
I have enough fuzzy things in my life. I don't need my rice added to the list. :lol:

No quick mode, no soaking, just four servings or Jasmine in 20 minutes. Yes, please.
See, that's the thing. Jasmine and other long grains cook way faster. The whole reason to use a rice cooker is so that you have short grain rice that isn't a giant glop stuck on the bottom of your pot.

See, that's the thing. Jasmine and other long grains cook way faster. The whole reason to use a rice cooker is so that you have short grain rice that isn't a giant glop stuck on the bottom of your pot.
Ehh most regular rice cookers take around 20 minutes to cook - the fancier ones are the ones that take a while.
You can avoid the glop by using the correct ratio of water, digital rice cookers just make it a bit easier.

IMG_1401.jpeg

There’s one less fly

Ehh most regular rice cookers take around 20 minutes to cook - the fancier ones are the ones that take a while.
You can avoid the glop by using the correct ratio of water, digital rice cookers just make it a bit easier.
Bro just let me enjoy my capsule corp looking rice machine.

I bought a new racing rig. I got the Fanatec CSL Cockpit & Seat. Took me three nights to put it together. Multiple times of assembling, forgetting washers then reassembling, putting things on backwards and having to reassemble. Got everything finally assembled, used it for the first time and it is killing my back and I don't know why. I have back trouble in general and usually if chairs make me slump then it makes it worse but this seat has my back straight. Regardless I had better learn to like it for what it cost me and because this will be the last racing rig I will ever have.

20240427_154103 - Copy.jpg

Hanging out with my best friend yesterday. It was his birthday a couple days ago, so I got him a couple of blank, lined journals from Paper Blanks and the Supergirl - Woman of Tomorrow graphic novel. He’s been wanting to read it since the upcoming Supergirl movie is based on it.
IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

We also stopped by Guitar Center so I could get a new set of Super Slinkys for my Dano, and some new picks.
IMG_4233.png

IMG_4234.jpeg

The three drag slot cars , a pair of Gt40's, a Starting Xmas tree and the Finish for the drag strip, and what is planned to be a cat toy RC car (maybe :sly:)... and two bottles of George Dickel (because why pay twice for shipping, and I just can't seem to find it anywhere local :grumpy:) have arrived so far today.

20240501_131930.jpg

I've just fallen in love when I saw it first time...
I picked it up on launch sale for 539€ and instead of 699€ which is normal price.
Beautiful machine.

View attachment 1351586

View attachment 1351587
I've had a Motorola for a while now and I have no problems with it. It has a great battery and charges with the supercharge so fast. Nice non bloated version of Android too. Only thing I don't like is when it reboots in the middle of the night for updates and scares me out of my skin while I'm asleep.

.........(Nice pitch dark and quiet, Fast asleep)....... HELLO MOTO!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

I've been up to my usual antics again giving Gabe my money.
1714581513372.png

Looking forward to trying Balatro, Manor Lords, Sun Haven and I loved the First two SteamWorld Dig games so I'll be interested in seeing how SteamWorld Build and Quest are.

Edit: And more, New Team 17 humble bundle. I wanted Trepang 2 so it was worth picking it up here for a decent price but with extra games.
1714598217203.png

Last edited:
What's wrong with this one? For working purpose?

RTX 5*** will drop this year, would be worth the wait. 5060 should be somewhere between 4070 and 4080.
My PC has gone without upgrades for the past 4 years, so I thought I would get something to add a little more power for games. Though, I'm honestly not sure if I'll be happy with it as $270 for it is steep for something as old as it is. And as you say, the RTX 5 Series cards will be around, so I'm considering just building a whole new system. New mobo, everything.

Yet more impulsive Steam collecting...

1714835264289.png

Diluvian Winds, Plum Grove and Oddsparks are more new releases that cought my eye. I've wanted Kynseed and Moonlighter for a while. Factory Town Idle is just like a Melvor Idle kind of game. Good to have in the background while working, surfing the web, listening to music Etc.

Well since I had a stuck bolt that set me back despite borrowing my dad's impact wrench, I decided I may as well go ahead and get my own. Woot had the brand new maximum ugga dugga gun for like half off... (srsly wondering how though)

DCF961B_4.jpg
Well, this thing paid for itself today. Dad decided to change his E350's brakes and rotors today. I packed up all my tools and brought Big Chungus as sort of a just in case kind of thing. Well, it's almost like the wheel was submerged in oceanic storm surge at some point with how stuck those 18mm bolts were on the back of the calipers. There was so much rust and loctite on all the threads. Couldn't fit a breaker bar in the wheel well and Dad's stupid mid-torque didn't do a damn thing. All I had for impact sockets was 17 and 19, but of course Mercedes Benz has to be the only bastards that use an 18mm in the whole world. Didn't want to break the only 18mm chrome socket we had, but eventually I said the hell with it and threw ChungiBoi on it after a good half hour of trying everything else. It came free in like half a second. :lol: No socket damage, either, lol. I was like, for the price of this socket and with a Harbor Freight 2 minutes away, we wasted more time than what the cost of replacing it would have been, so let's just go for it. All the other rotors came off easy as hell. We had to of course pick the most impossible one to do first.

Moral of the story: nothing ever goes smoothly, so that's why you need MASSIVE POWERTOOLS N GITRDONE

Last edited:
Yet more impulsive Steam collecting...

View attachment 1352658

Diluvian Winds, Plum Grove and Oddsparks are more new releases that cought my eye. I've wanted Kynseed and Moonlighter for a while. Factory Town Idle is just like a Melvor Idle kind of game. Good to have in the background while working, surfing the web, listening to music Etc.
My brother in Christ, I thought my backlog was bad enough but you have more games on Steam than I do across Steam and Playstation, and that's counting duplicates that I bought for both systems!!

After getting the recording desk, I decided some keyboards may prove useful. I need practice (4 years of lessons many years ago followed by 50+ years playing guitar and bass), but I can hold down chords without too much difficulty. Another manual to peruse!
IMG_0863.jpeg

Last edited:
Back