Speculations, leaks and rumors about future racetracks for GT7

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 38 comments
Brazil
Brazil
Creating this topic to concentrate information about leaks and general questions about the next circuits that may appear in GT7. Considering the supposed evidence and informations, it is possible to infer and list some possibilities.

Firstly, we have dated information for the Red Rock Valley, Tokyo R246, Albert Park, Okayama and Gilles Villeneuve circuits; according to some dataminers who predicted Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta, and the return of Daytona. These three tracks were confirmed in GT7. Albert Park Circuit appeared in scapes leaks and, interestingly, its layout appeared as a wall picture in a promotional video featuring Ordones and Coque Lopez. And supposedly Okayama was named "Tanaka" (the circuit's former name) in the leaked data.

Secondly, there is the trace of Apricot Hill in the GT7 launch announcements. So far we have no other information about this track.

Thirdly, Yas Marina can be considered? In August 2022, PD held a lecture at CEDEC on how to virtually build a racing circuit. The fact that they use this circuit as an example alongside Suzuka is very suggestive, when they could have used another real circuit that is already in the game's roster.

Fourth, we have the Hungaroring. It is said that the real circuit had already partially appeared in a clip from the 2020 Gran Turismo Sport championships. Also, the circuit's facilities were used for filming the film Gran Turismo. Is it possible to say that PD-Sony, in addition to renting the circuit, also took the opportunity to digitize the circuit?

Fifth, last year, YouTuber @Tidgney heard rumors from important people at the World Tour that Zolder would be a future addition to GT7.

Sixth, user @wbhumphries predicted before the release of Road Atlanta that the track would appear on the GT7, also Sebring. He states this justifying in a source. According to him, an important person from Daytona Speedway management confirmed that Kaz had visited Road Atlanta and Sebring. Road Atlanta was confirmed a few months later. Sebring is owned by the same owner as Daytona and Road Atlanta.

Seventh, can we say Sugo? I don't know if we can consider it as indicative. Anyway, the fact is, a few days ago, Kaz expressly mentioned on Twitter that Sportsland SUGO was the location that served as the setting for the cover photography of the GT1 game. SUGO is also mentioned in the Neoclassic race in the game.

So, we have the possible circuits for the future of the franchise.
  • Red Rock Valley
  • Tokyo R246
  • Albert Park
  • Gilles Villeneuve
  • Okayama
  • Apricot Hill
  • Yas Marina
  • Hungaroring
  • Zolder
  • Sebring
  • Sugo
If anyone has other information about the circuits that may appear in the GT7, post it here.

Last edited:
Creating this topic to concentrate information about leaks and general questions about the next circuits that may appear in GT7. Considering the supposed evidence and informations, it is possible to infer and list some possibilities.

Firstly, we have dated information for the Red Rock Valley, Tokyo R246, Albert Park, Okayama and Gilles Villeneuve circuits; according to some dataminers who predicted Watkins Glen and Road Atlanta, and the return of Daytona. These three tracks were confirmed in GT7. Albert Park Circuit appeared in scapes leaks and, interestingly, its layout appeared as a wall picture in a promotional video featuring Ordones and Coque Lopez. And supposedly Okayama was named "Tanaka" (the circuit's former name) in the leaked data.

Secondly, there is the trace of Apricot Hill in the GT7 launch announcements. So far we have no other information about this track.

Thirdly, Yas Marina can be considered? In August 2022, PD held a lecture at CEDEC on how to virtually build a racing circuit. The fact that they use this circuit as an example alongside Suzuka is very suggestive, when they could have used another real circuit that is already in the game's roster.

Fourth, we have the Hungaroring. It is said that the real circuit had already partially appeared in a clip from the 2020 Gran Turismo Sport championships. Also, the circuit's facilities were used for filming the film Gran Turismo. Is it possible to say that PD-Sony, in addition to renting the circuit, also took the opportunity to digitize the circuit?

Fifth, last year, YouTuber @Tidgney heard rumors from important people at the World Tour that Zolder would be a future addition to GT7.

Sixth, user @wbhumphries predicted before the release of Road Atlanta that the track would appear on the GT7, also Sebring. He states this, justifying himself in a source. According to him, an important person from Daytona Speedway management confirmed that Kaz had visited Road Atlanta and Sebring. Road Atlanta was confirmed a few months later. Sebring is owned by the same owner as Daytona and Road Atlanta.

Seventh, can we say Sugo? I don't know if we can consider it as indicative. Anyway, the fact is, a few days ago, Kaz expressly mentioned on Twitter that Sportsland SUGO was the location that served as the setting for the cover photography of the GT1 game. SUGO is also mentioned in the Neoclassic race in the game.

• Red Rock Valley
  • Tokyo R246
  • Albert Park
  • Gilles Villeneuve
  • Okayama
  • Apricot Hill
  • Yas Marina
  • Hungaroring
  • Zolder
  • Sebring
  • Sugo
If anyone has other information about the circuits that may appear in the GT7, post it here.
I think there's a misunderstanding with that as there's never been any significant rumours for Zolder, unless I was drunk when I said it but even then I don't have any solid evidence for Zolder. Not sure Zolder would be any good either with the kerbs, you'd end up flying with Gran Turismo physics haha!

All I really want at the moment is all the classic tracks from previous Gran Turismos, I think that would be brilliant and also unique compared to other racing titles.

I think there's a misunderstanding with that as there's never been any significant rumours for Zolder, unless I was drunk when I said it but even then I don't have any solid evidence for Zolder. Not sure Zolder would be any good either with the kerbs, you'd end up flying with Gran Turismo physics haha!

All I really want at the moment is all the classic tracks from previous Gran Turismos, I think that would be brilliant and also unique compared to other racing titles.
I appreciate you debunking this rumor.

I confess I'm a little relieved. I don't like Zolder too, I think it's a basic and boring circuit with too many chicanes. It would be a waste of time and resources, when they could be dedicated to other good things that Europe has to offer.

Last edited:
This is in no way an indication the circuit is coming.

I’m just wondering if PD took the opportunity to model Sugo back during Gran Turismo debut. Also, if they aligNed any scanning with the private test in the article above. Sure, PD could model any circuit at any time. With so much publicity about Igor Fraga’s journey in Japan, maybe PD took the time to scan or rescan the circuit. Though, I’m not sure how long the team had the track for testing.

And Tahiti, in the same video

Could it be Tahiti?

111.png

This is in no way an indication the circuit is coming.

I’m just wondering if PD took the opportunity to model Sugo back during Gran Turismo debut. Also, if they aligNed any scanning with the private test in the article above. Sure, PD could model any circuit at any time. With so much publicity about Igor Fraga’s journey in Japan, maybe PD took the time to scan or rescan the circuit. Though, I’m not sure how long the team had the track for testing.

I have to say that this triangular relationship between Fraga, PD and Super Formula suggests to me the addition of the SF Lights car, not necessarily the circuits. The Gran Turismo franchise has been sponsoring Super GT for a long time, and until today it has not brought Sugo and Okayama. It is very curious that these circuits never appeared in the list of GT game circuits.

Last edited:
Has there been any news or rumors about expanding SSRX? I remember someone cracked an update from GT5 or GT6 that contained data for all kinds of tunnels and stuff in the “complex” near the water tower on the back straight, but I’ve never heard another word about it.

My speculation for new original courses:

-Colorado Springs - Lake has the same naming format as other locations that have received additional layouts, like Alsace, Sardegna, and Dragon Trail. Could there be another Colorado Springs course coming?

-It does seem interesting that Tokyo Expressway's various layouts changed the "Inner/Outer Loop" naming scheme to "Clockwise/Counterclockwise." Could that indicate that a larger "Outer Loop" layout is coming for Tokyo Expressway? What about wet conditions for the South layouts? Perhaps there could even be North and West courses, too.

-I also don't think we'll get too many (if any) city tracks until the next title, as I could see technical limitations of the PS4 playing a part. However, it does seem interesting that many GT-original city courses have been set in locations later visited by Formula E, like NYC and Hong Kong.

-Aside from Apricot Hill, I don't know of any truly "iconic" GT-original courses that I feel are truly necessary. Maybe Tokyo R246? If/when we do get Apricot Hill - as well as the NB and NC Mazda Roadster models - I could see there being a new mission endurance there featuring the other Roadster models that aren't the Touring Car model, very similar to the Roadster Endurance in GT3. There could even be a limit on HP and/or PP.

Would love to see Indy again, too, especially if we also get the road course used by IMSA - but I think that goes without saying. Similarly, Twin Ring Motegi seems like an obvious shoe-in for both the Super Formula event and the WTC 900.

Last edited:

Sixth, user @wbhumphries predicted before the release of Road Atlanta that the track would appear on the GT7, also Sebring. He states this, justifying himself in a source. According to him, an important person from Daytona Speedway management confirmed that Kaz had visited Road Atlanta and Sebring. Road Atlanta was confirmed a few months later. Sebring is owned by the same owner as Daytona and Road Atlanta.

• Red Rock Valley
  • Tokyo R246
  • Albert Park
  • Gilles Villeneuve
  • Okayama
  • Apricot Hill
  • Yas Marina
  • Hungaroring
  • Zolder
  • Sebring
  • Sugo
Living in Wisconsin and since buying a Cadillac ATS early last year, I’d like to see said manufacture and Road America. Idk if either will happen, but with the success of the DPI in endurance racing as of late and Cadillac fielding an F1 team hopefully they will buy the license. Road America being in a Forza or two and going to a couple races a year there, I can hope. But Sebring would be very sweet

Last edited:
Not too many of these tracks? In the last 2 years how many new routes did we get? 3 + 1 winter? The worst thing is that they are all from America, and this is not a place of interesting, twisting tracks...

I miss the tracks pretending to be real European and Japanese roads. Do you remember the Circuito de la Sierra? I wouldn't want that route to return, but why couldn't there be more in that style? For example, a route referring to the Col de Turini or some road where drifting was born in Japan? It's a game, why not make it something special? Racing on roads where you would never drive a race car!

Not too many of these tracks? In the last 2 years how many new routes did we get? 3 + 1 winter? The worst thing is that they are all from America, and this is not a place of interesting, twisting tracks...

I miss the tracks pretending to be real European and Japanese roads. Do you remember the Circuito de la Sierra? I wouldn't want that route to return, but why couldn't there be more in that style? For example, a route referring to the Col de Turini or some road where drifting was born in Japan? It's a game, why not make it something special? Racing on roads where you would never drive a race car!
I actually gave that suggestion in fixed topics about the subject. Why dont release tracks in line with Scapes aproach, country road, bridges, Japan highways with traffic, mountains climbs and so on.
Every country have amazing places and racing events with road/classic road and race cars, its free content cause layouts are already done and they belong to countrys states it doesnt need licenses i think, and that way they can add tracks and roads that fit into drag,dirft,tunning that are kind forgotten and in the end also diferent places to race using normal road cars or racing cars.

Last edited:

Yes. There are many tracks speculated. But this cast was formed based on some suggested elements that may or may not be true.

Remembering, Daytona, Watkins and Road Atlanta were only found in the data from the last GT Sport update. Some time later, the three appeared in the GT7.

As you said, I also think if we have two circuits until the end of GT7's life, it will be a great victory.

Last edited:
No way PD would add this.

The interesting thing is that the circuit is "still there", in all its plenitude, without any mutilation. The circuit is fantastic! Very fast with curves of all types.

I hope it has some truth to it. But, I have a feeling it's just a random advertising measure.

Last edited:
As much as I like the OG tracks, I also fear what PD may do to them while adapting the tracks to modern standarts or to e-sports competition.
Red Rock would already fit the 'modern standard' quite well. It was wide with huge curbs. Apricot hill too, actually.

I'll be honest, I don't think we're getting more than 2 or 3 more new tracks. There's something unique to PD's track creation process that's clearly quite slow compared to other sims. While I'm personally okay with that if it means what we get is super high quality and futureproofed like the car models are, denying it just seems like setting yourself up for failure at this point.

Back