STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,344 comments
That sounds great, though the game was extremely short so hopefully it gets a lengthened. They just gave out the game for Xbox Live users and I managed to 100% in about 2 days haha. Regardless, I loved it and what a trip down memory lane it was
Maybe they could do something similar to Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled, where after the initial release, we'd start getting content from Racer Revenge. But in that case, I don't know about the way they'd handle damage in this supposed remake; would it more so resemble that of the original Episode I Racer, Racer Revenge, or a combination? Maybe there could be a "hardcore" mode to address this. In Racer Revenge, you can smash into a wall at full speed and not crash like you would in its predecessor, and there's more emphasis on smacking into other racers to knock them out. But also unlike Episode I Racer, there are no respawns in Racer Revenge, so when someone gets knocked out, it's for the rest of the race.

But I'd be fine with a relatively faithful remake, too.

Last edited:
Very happy to see that Andor got some major recognition in the Emmy nominations. For me, the best live action SW there’s been in a long time.

Anyone any thoughts on Ahsoka yet?

I've only watched the first episode as yet and even then i kept getting interupted so was too distracted to really concentrate on it.

So far... i'm not convinced Rosario Dawson or Mary Elizabeth Winstead are good fits for live action versions of Ahsoka and Hera. They look fine as the characters, but i'm not feeling they have the same personalities as the Clone Wars/Rebels characters. But i guess it's still early days. The late Ray Stevenson is great and suitably imposing for the character he plays. Lothal looks really good in live action too 👍

Last edited:
Agreed on Dawson and Winstead. Dawson seems more rigid and subdued and Winstead looks far older than Hera did in the show. I know it's the make up too because she does not look old in real life.

But during the first episode when Ahsoka is in the temple, I couldn't help but be reminded of The Fifth Element. Also, those droids had one helluva self destruct feature.

Sabine is good though and her space punk theme is pretty cool. Although, I felt like they pulled way to much from Akira on that whole thing.

Agreed on Dawson and Winstead. Dawson seems more rigid and subdued and Winstead looks far older than Hera did in the show. I know it's the make up too because she does not look old in real life.
I know at this stage in the timeline they're older than they were when last seen in animation but Rosario Dawson looks a good 10 years older then i'd expect Ahsoka to be at this point, as its only about 9 years after she was last seen in Rebel. Like you say, she's more subdued, i know she's likely to have grown up and is probably jaded by the whole leaving the Jedi order thing during that time, but she comes across as almost a whole different character.

I'm slowly working my way through the Clone Wars episodes i missed at the time, but i've only in the past week watched the episode where she drops out from being a Jedi, so she's still clear in my mind and the two versions of her don't line up to me.

Last edited:
Rosario Dawson looks a good 10 years older then i'd expect Ahsoka to be at this point

Rosario and Ahsoka in this series are basically the same age (44 and 43 I think), and especially in make up, there's little to suggest Rosario is older than she is. It could be down to overall character design, and perhaps that Ashley Eckstein permanently sounds about 14, and her voice was so key to the character of Ahsoka in TCW.

Last edited:
I found the episodes fine, but not all that engaging. I think I'll wait for them all to be released and then binge the season.

Plus

The villains - Morgan Elsbeth, the not-Jedi Master and the not-Jedi apprentice are interesting and even intriguing (especially the Master). The acting by the late Ray Stevenson was very clever in what it didn't reveal. I'm not even sure he is evil, maybe just a rogue ex-Jedi turned mercenary. His quote regarding Ahsoka and his mention of (and evident lust for) power are just too cryptic for any kind of categorization.

Oh and their masked sidekick Marrok is also interesting. Ex-Inquisitor? Someone we met in the past? In any case his/her presence only proves Inquisitors are graded below Jedis (or ex-Jedis) and even less than their Padawans/Apprentices, he clearly serves Baylan and Shin.

Minus

The good guys (... errr ... gals)

I understand Ahsoka went through a lot, lost many people she loved, lived with and went to war with. She survived more than most can and saw some pretty heavy stuff. Also, she is older now. But even "Rebels Ahsoka" had some built-in spark, some witty remark here and there, she was no longer "Snips" but she could blink an eye to bewildered Ezra before battling alone against 2 Inquisitors. I think phisically Rosario Dawson is perfect, but I find her acting subdued to the point of wooden. Maybe it gets better.

Sabine is just not the Sabine I remember. And I'm not even bothered that somehow she now is force-sensitive (not much, but enough to become a Jedi's padawan). My problem is that, although I really don't know what happened to her family (nothing good and probably something horrible considering what we know from "The Mandalorian") I sure can't understand that no mention of Mandalore is made regarding what happened to her since and what we find is just a girl holed up in Lothal, a sulky person mourning Ezra and missing ceremonies because she's still ... a rebel. I hope the writing seriously improves regarding her story-arc.

Hera is fine. I miss her voice acting from Rebels (she was the perfect mix of mother and commander) but I guess we have to accept the change in actress and so far I find the new Hera (very few lines of dialogue, sure) acceptable and even promising.

About the plot ... well, same old, same old. misterious map to find elusive person, reminds me of TFA. Good enough to make me watch, nothing however truly new and exciting.

One thing I need to say is that, being a huge TCW fan, I had a lot of reservations about Rebels but now I find that litle (4 seasons) series nothing short of brilliant. A group that goes from humble begginings to have an importance of galactic scale.

Oh and I don't really mind that in this case we have an all-female led series (Ahsoka, Sabine, Hera). Unless the writing goes wrong, neither needs to belitle men to stand out as heroes for their own merits and so far the male protagonist, although antagonist, looks respectable and competent, not some worthless stupid male that needs a girl to put him back in his place (that Republic captain though, he must have been written as a "brainless" dude, who would be so stupid to allow on board two persons claiming to be Jedi just to ... "call their bluff" ... lolwhat?)

Again, the writing is a bit off but I still have faith the story will work and by the end I'll like it. Happened with Rebels, may happen again.

Last edited:
Anyone any thoughts on Ahsoka yet?
Been avoiding this thread until I sat down and watched it for myself, which I just finished about an hour ago. I did my semi-usual thing and jotted down my list of random, unorganized thoughts I had as I watched and this is what I took away from it:
  1. I like that they have the scrolling text at the start when the other live-action shows did not.
  2. I wondered what happened to Morgan Elsbeth after Ahsoka defeated her, now I know!
  3. I really like Baylan so far as a character and the color of his lightsaber is a neat touch because I have not seen one like it before.
  4. Is Baylan’s ship one of those Jedi shuttles from The Clone Wars?
  5. As a long-time fan of The Clone Wars, it’s nice to see Huyang again!
  6. Man, what kind of explosives were in those droids Ahsoka fought?! Proton Warheads?
  7. After hearing Ahsoka’s Jedi protocol comment, I am convinced that deep down she’s still snippy like she was in The Clone Wars.
  8. Wow, I only saw Lothal from a distance at the end of Rebels, but not up close! The place is nothing at all like it used to be and rightly so.
  9. Who composed that music when they showed Sabine on the speeder bike?! It’s so different and in a very good way. It sort of reminds me of “Born Free” by MIA.
  10. It never once occurred to me Morgan was a witch from Dathomir, but apparently she is. Suddenly what Ahsoka said about her in The Mandalorian Season 2 makes more sense.
  11. I’d like to know who that Inquisitor is and more importantly what happened to the inquisitors after they were disbanded.
  12. I wonder what happened to Ahsoka and Sabine between the end of Rebels and this show because they don’t seem to get along.
  13. Unfortunately, I was partially spoiled on Sabine getting stabbed, so that really took away from the experience for me. However, it left me wondering, how on Earth was Sabine still swinging afterward?!
I've only seen part 1 so far and don't have time to watch part 2 right now since it's late here, but I really wish I did. This series I feel is off to a good start and I am pretty anxious to see what happens from here! :)

Last edited:
I'm upto date on all 3 episodes now and i can say that it does get better with each episode. It feels a lot like a late-series Clone Wars or Rebels episode but done in live action, which is neither unsurprising or unwelcome.

Agreed, Episode 3 was very good, after ep. 1 it could have gone either way but it's definitely trending positively for me.

Just finished watching Part 2 and I got to say, I am excited for the outcome of this series!
  1. I might be beating a dead horse here, but how did Sabine survive being stabbed by a lightsaber and why does it keep happening?! They could have just had her get slashed in the arm or leg somewhere and it'd be a lot more believable.
  2. I love that they’re entertaining the idea of traveling to another galaxy because, in current canon, I don’t think it’s been done before. Heck, I don’t think Legends covered much of it either. (correct me if I am wrong)
  3. That businessman on Corelia seemed sketchy from the very start and it seems I wasn't wrong to think so. What Moff Gideon said about people getting fed up with the New Republic is starting to make more sense now.
  4. Wow, after listening to Huyang talk to Sabine, I forgot how much of a Smart Aleck he was.
  5. I wonder if that inquisitor is one we’ve seen before or a new one.
  6. Those are the biggest hyperspace rings I’ve ever seen. I wonder what ship it’s for. Whatever it is, it has to be related to traveling to that other galaxy I would assume.
  7. There’s a lot more to Morgan Elsbeth than I expected. Makes me wonder what she'll do next.

Just finished watching Part 2 and I got to say, I am excited for the outcome of this series!
  1. I might be beating a dead horse here, but how did Sabine survive being stabbed by a lightsaber and why does it keep happening?! They could have just had her get slashed in the arm or leg somewhere and it'd be a lot more believable.
  2. I love that they’re entertaining the idea of traveling to another galaxy because, in current canon, I don’t think it’s been done before. Heck, I don’t think Legends covered much of it either. (correct me if I am wrong)
  3. That businessman on Corelia seemed sketchy from the very start and it seems I wasn't wrong to think so. What Moff Gideon said about people getting fed up with the New Republic is starting to make more sense now.
  4. Wow, after listening to Huyang talk to Sabine, I forgot how much of a Smart Aleck he was.
  5. I wonder if that inquisitor is one we’ve seen before or a new one.
  6. Those are the biggest hyperspace rings I’ve ever seen. I wonder what ship it’s for. Whatever it is, it has to be related to traveling to that other galaxy I would assume.
  7. There’s a lot more to Morgan Elsbeth than I expected. Makes me wonder what she'll do next.

looks about the right size for a standard Imperial Star Destroyer to me. Got to be a few still kicking around

Oh wow, you ain’t kidding! Although I do remember them describing where it was from, I didn't realize it was that. (I apparently misheard it) This should be interesting!

Last edited:
Finally caught up on the Ahsoka show.
  1. Sabine seems to catch on quickly during her training, but obviously not as quickly as Luke Skywalker.
  2. I don’t know who that Asian guy is next to Mon Mothma, but he really needs to shut up. :lol:
  3. It’s about time we got more of Jacen Syndulla. We saw him briefly at the end of Rebels and to my knowledge, he hasn’t shown up again since, until now.
  4. I actually chuckled a little when Sabine said “You win this round” and the camera proceeded to focus on the cup. :lol:
  5. Oh wow, seeing Ahsoka fighting in space is giving me vibes from season 1 of The Clone Wars when Plo Koon did the same thing. Which is interesting since he was the one who found Ahsoka and brought her to the Jedi order, something Ahsoka herself mentioned in that very episode.
  6. As insensitive as Huyang may be at times, he can be pretty funny.
  7. I forgot how large those Purgil are.
  8. The mention of a hyperspace lane between galaxies is an interesting one. Can’t wait to find out more about it!
This just keeps getting better, the episodes honestly are not coming out fast enough for me.

Last edited:
Shin when she's losing a fight...

archer-krieger.gif

Was so anxious to watch this episode, I started watching just minutes after it premiered.
  1. I didn’t realize how much I missed Huyang’s fighting until now.
  2. I’d really like to know how they achieved the spinning lightsaber when they made this show.
  3. Speaking of which, what the heck happened to the inquisitor when he died?!
  4. After being stabbed and somehow surviving, it was nice to see Sabine knock Shin’s lightsaber out of her hand.
  5. After watching Ahsoka knock Shin out, I have to wonder, is she getting dark side tendencies?
  6. Baylan sure does remind me of Count Dooku and even Darth Maul (namely from Rebels) the way he tries to sway Sabine.
  7. I like that Baylan actually stuck to his word. I guess he’s not all bad either, kind of like Thrawn.
  8. Glad to see Carson back from The Mandalorian!
  9. Oh my word, it’s The World Between Worlds! FINALLY! Been too long since we saw it again and I’m thrilled it’s not a one and done thing, but how did she get there?
  10. Didn’t expect to see Anakin again, but it’s a nice surprise for sure! Though I wonder if it’s really him and not some force vision.
I am ready for Part 5 right now, heck I was ready the moment this episode ended.

Last edited:
Was so anxious to watch this episode, I started watching just minutes after it premiered.
  1. I didn’t realize how much I missed Huyang’s fighting until now.
  2. I’d really like to know how they achieved the spinning lightsaber when they made this show.
  3. Speaking of which, what the heck happened to the inquisitor when he died?!
  4. After being stabbed and somehow surviving, it was nice to see Sabine knock Shin’s lightsaber out of her hand.
  5. After watching Ahsoka knock Shin out, I have to wonder, is she getting dark side tendencies?
  6. Baylan sure does remind me of Count Dooku and even Darth Maul (namely from Rebels) the way he tries to sway Sabine.
  7. I like that Baylan actually stuck to his word. I guess he’s not all bad either, kind of like Thrawn.
  8. Glad to see Carson back from The Mandalorian!
  9. Oh my word, it’s The World Between Worlds! FINALLY! Been too long since we saw it again and I’m thrilled it’s not a one and done thing, but how did she get there?
  10. Didn’t expect to see Anakin again, but it’s a nice surprise for sure! Though I wonder if it’s really him and not some force vision.
I am ready for Part 5 right now, heck I was ready the moment this episode ended.

About the inquisitor

He desintegrates into dark green smoke so I guess he is a body kept alive (or made alive) by some sort of Dathomir witchcraft, probably some dead darksider turned zombie by Morgan Elsbeth

Last edited:
Yeah I actually thought of how it was something to do with Nightsister magick a few hours after posting that. The sound effects if I remember right sounded something like that.

Last edited:
Thought Anakin was disapointingly uncanny valley. Don't know why they didn't just use Hayden as he is now, he doesn't look that much older. I've seen better TikTok de-aging filters than what they used for this.

Easily the best episode so far.

Can't beat some good old lightsaber fighting to get the juices going. Really excited to see what happens with Anakin going forward.

Episode 5 clearly has something going for it, or Disney think so at least, will be getting a theatrical release at certain cinemas in the US and a special screening in London.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-ahsoka-episode-5-limited-theatrical-release (caution, mild spoilers in the link)

You know, I saw the episode the minute it premiered, but I've been forgetting to share my thoughts on it.
  1. I wonder how Huyang found Sabine's helmet and the location he was standing at.
  2. Oh wow, it’s young Ahsoka in live-action!
  3. What planet are they on in their first mission?
  4. Hey look, it’s Rex! His armor looks fantastic.
  5. Wow, they certainly got the snippy part for young Ahsoka here. I like that they touched on Jedi being keepers of the peace and not soldiers because it shows Ahsoka’s thoughts on it go farther back than TCW had shown. (or at least to my knowledge anyhow)
  6. The Siege of Mandalore! Love seeing those Mandalorians in live-action since they looked cool in TCW.
  7. Okay, after seeing the concept art of Anakin wielding a red lightsaber in the Episode III tie-in game only to never get it, I am so glad we got something like it now! The Sith eyes were a great touch and I am glad they didn’t leave that out. He honestly looks pretty scary in some shots. His CGI model could certainly be better, but I'll take it. However, maybe it's the lighting, but I swear Anakin looks real during the Siege of Mandalore scene though.
  8. Ahsoka’s ship going inside the mouth of the Pergil is a nice touch.
  9. Kind of disappointed we didn’t get anything on Sabine, but I am sure we we will in the next episode.
  10. I kind of dread to see what Hera is going to have to endure later though.
I must say, not a single episode so far has disappointed me so far.

Last edited:
It's been a hot minute since I watched that arc again, or really anything from the early TCW episodes, but Ahsoka referred to it as their first mission. I thought for sure it was supposed to be something from the TCW movie, but maybe that's just me forgetting about the earlier episodes since I ain't watched them again in years.

It's been a hot minute since I watched that arc again, or really anything from the early TCW episodes, but Ahsoka referred to it as their first mission. I thought for sure it was supposed to be something from the TCW movie, but maybe that's just me forgetting about the earlier episodes since I ain't watched them again in years.
Chronologically TCW Film is when Ahsoka and Anakin meet, she's his Padawan by the end of the film, so I suppose you could say rescuing Stinky the Hutt was the first 'mission', but it could be that Ryloth was when Ahsoka first had a command, I can't remember... been a while since I watched S1 (the animation doesn't hold up as well as I remember compared to S7!)

Chronologically TCW Film is when Ahsoka and Anakin meet, she's his Padawan by the end of the film, so I suppose you could say rescuing Stinky the Hutt was the first 'mission',
Yeah they met on Christophsis and frankly, what they did on that planet is what I thought their first mission was, but evidently I am missing something here. I can't even remember the last time I watched that movie, all I know is, it has been many years since I did.

I was fully aware Christophsis was not where they were at in the scene simply because it had sand and I don't recall seeing sand on Christophsis. :P
but it could be that Ryloth was when Ahsoka first had a command,
I think you're right, I think I remember Anakin making the comment it was her first in command.
I can't remember... been a while since I watched S1 (the animation doesn't hold up as well as I remember compared to S7!)
Yeah, same here. While I watched TCW a lot, it was seasons 2 and onward that had the most relevance to me and even now, I still have the temptation to go back to them, but I don't tend to find myself wanting to watch season 1 much and I generally didn't do it very often over the years. From what I recall, it just seemed a bit too childish for me and sometimes cringeworthy, but don't quote me on that, it's been a long time. I had heard somewhere that Filoni intended for the show to target a younger audience in the beginning and then dive into some more mature themes later and I think Rebels was done the same way, so maybe that explains it?

I will say this though, this conversation has me wanting to go back to them again and rewatch them. I am curious to see how well they hold up to me now, especially since they may have relevance to the Ahsoka show later on.

Last edited:
Back