The MMA/Boxing Thread

• Thread starter Maccer_42
  • 912 comments
Need a little UFC TLC in your life? Well, you're in luck! One of the matches on tonight's card involves Hermansson vs. Vettori. ESPN2 and ESPN+ will have the action starting at 7:00 PM Eastern Time.

Gotta say last nights UFC 256 was a stunning night of fights! The main card after JDS and Gane was simply the best 4 fights back to back I have seen in a very long time :bowdown: well worth staying up until 6:30am 👍 Damn that main event fight was just Wow wow wow!!! :bowdown:

I absolutely love the UFC and will be hooked for life :cheers:

The 2021 Boxing Hall of Fame class have been announced recently. These are some of the individuals to be inducted:

* Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
* Laila Ali
* Wladimir Klitschko

That's a pretty dope lineup if you ask me. All very deserving if you ask me. If you want to see the full 2021 class, take a look here: http://www.ibhof.com/pages/inductionweekend/2021/21_announce.html .

If you have DAZN, there will be a boxing match on December 18 between GGG vs. Szeremeta. December 19 will feature a match between Canelo vs. Smith. So you boxing fans will have something to enjoy this weekend.

On this day (February 11) in 1990...

Buster Douglas handed Mike Tyson his first loss as a pro. I read that Buster was dealing with his mother recently passing away before this fight in Tokyo in 1990. Still, it was shocking that Mike Tyson would finally be bested when it seemed like he'd run over all or most of his opposition in his time.

Do you like watching grown men and grown women knock each other silly? Well, of course you would. You're in a thread about combat sports for goodness sakes! Anyhow, we got UFC 258 tonight. Among one of the matches for tonight is Usman vs. Burns. Be sure to check the ESPN networks as well as ESPN+ to watch tonight's action. I'm sorry I haven't been hyping up MMA and boxing events much lately, but I'm still here and still trying to keep this Sports forum buzzing.

Enjoy tonight's action!

[UPDATE/OMISSION] The UFC 258 preliminaries start at 8:00 PM Eastern tonight on ESPN.

Last edited:
We got MMA and boxing tonight!

On the boxing end, we got Top Rank Boxing with a bout between Berchelt vs. Valdez. The action here will be on ESPN and ESPN+.

On the MMA end, it's UFC Fight Night. One of the fights slated for tonight is between Blaydes and Lewis. Check ESPN+ to see the action from UFC Fight Night.

Enjoy whatever boxing or MMA you're getting into!

We got MMA and boxing tonight!

On the boxing end, we got Top Rank Boxing with a bout between Berchelt vs. Valdez. The action here will be on ESPN and ESPN+.

On the MMA end, it's UFC Fight Night. One of the fights slated for tonight is between Blaydes and Lewis. Check ESPN+ to see the action from UFC Fight Night.

Enjoy whatever boxing or MMA you're getting into!

Valdez was a striking machine and the black beast didn’t disappoint, great fights.

This Saturday, Premier Boxing Champions has a huge bout lined up. We got Anthony Dirrell vs. Kyrone Davis to be shown on FOX this Saturday at 8:00 PM Eastern Time. I do like watching PBC, though I don't usually watch PBC boxing. This seems like a very good match. So check it out this weekend if you get a chance.

It's on for UFC 261! What match, you ask? How about a couple of ladies ready to throw down? It's Valentina Shevchenko vs. Jessica Andrade. UFC 261 happens on April 24, 2021.

Exclusively on ESPN+ this Saturday starting at 8:00 PM Eastern time, there will be a match between Rozenstruik vs. Gane. Get ready for this UFC match this weekend!

I read Alistair Overeem and Junior dos Santos were released by the UFC. Best of luck to these two in any future endeavors or if they want to take on some other leagues.

It's Bout Time! Tonight, we have UFC 259 and a handful of big time matches coming up. Starting at 5:15 PM Eastern with the preliminary matches, the big matches to come include Blachowicz vs. Adesanya for the World Light Heavyweight Championship and Nunes vs. Anderson for the World Featherweight Championship. Enjoy tonight's action if you'll be watching!

Can't wait for tonight's card 👍 When Dominick Cruz is headlining the Prelims you know it's gonna be a stacked card :bowdown:

Here's the whole card for reference...

ufc-259-poster-square.jpg

UFC 259 PPV Main Event:
205 lbs.: UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jan Blachowicz vs. UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya

UFC 259 PPV Main Card on ESPN+ (10 p.m. ET):

145 lbs.: UFC Women’s Featherweight Champion Amanda Nunes vs. Megan Anderson
135 lbs.: UFC Bantamweight Champion Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling
155 lbs.: Drew Dober vs. Islam Makhachev
205 lbs.: Aleksandar Rakic vs. Thiago Santos

UFC 259 Prelims Card on ESPN (8 p.m. ET):
135 lbs.: Dominick Cruz vs. Casey Kenney
135 lbs.: Kyler Phillips vs. Song Yadong
125 lbs.: Askar Askarov vs. Joseph Benavidez
115 lbs.: Amanda Lemos vs. Livinha Souza

UFC 259 Early Prelims Card on ESPN+ (5:15 p.m. ET):
125 lbs.: Tim Elliott vs. Jordan Espinosa
205 lbs.: Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Carlos Ulberg
170 lbs.: Sean Brady vs. Jake Matthews
125 lbs.: Rogerio Bontorin vs. Kai Kara-France
155 lbs.: Aalon Cruz vs. Uros Medic
135 lbs.: Mario Bautista vs. Trevin Jones

Enjoy the fights guys!! :cheers:

Last edited:
UFC Fight Night tonight has matches like Brunson vs. Holland among other matches on the card. So if you want your UFC fix, that is a match for you to look forward to with UFC Fight Night.

Heyyyyy, GTPlanet! Do you know what time it is? That's right- it's BOUT TIME! The lovely folks in the UFC are ready to present UFC 260 tonight. Among some of the matches slated for tonight exclusively on ESPN+, we have Miocic vs. Ngannou 2 as part of tonight's UFC 260 card. Should you be watching UFC 260, enjoy tonight's action!

Two individuals from two different sports have recently either considered returning or have returned. First- boxing, where 42-year old Manny Pacquiao is talking about returning to the ring this June. The Pac-Man wants to go again. On the MMA side, 34-year old Miesha Tate was considering returning to the UFC. So it will be pretty cool seeing these two return to their respective sports.

At Noon Eastern time, it will be the UFC Preliminaries to be shown on ESPN. Among some of the fights for today include Vettori vs. Holland.

It is said the UFC 261 will have an event to have up to 15K fans in attendance next Saturday (April 24). With more people getting vaccinated, that probably means more people will be able to go to proper gatherings again. UFC 261 will take place in Jacksonville, Florida, USA. It was one of the fastest-selling deals in UFC history. If you want to read the full article where I got this news from, you can read this article here: https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/3/...ds-expects-sellout-in-seconds-for-fans-return .

Remember, everyone... take care, be well, stay safe, and practice all the various health and safety protocols. Other than that, enjoy some boxing or MMA this weekend!

You know it's Bout Time, right, GTPlanet? Yes! We got UFC 261 tonight. Usman vs. Masdival 2 make up one of the fights on tonight's card. Remember this will be in Jacksonville, Florida with a capacity of about 15K fans.

In boxing, Navarette vs. Diaz is part of tonight's Top Rank Boxing card.

Enjoy boxing or MMA this weekend!

Among the results of Saturday's UFC 261 (source: Yahoo! Sports)...

* Kamaru Usman defeats Jorge Masdival via knockout.

* Rose Namajunas defeats Zhang Weili, ending Zhang's winning streak. "Thug Rose" pulled a huge win over Weili with a huge knockout kick.

* Meanwhile, spare some thoughts for Chris Weidman, who suffered a horrific leg injury during UFC 261. The injury happened on the first kick thrown in the contest between Chris Weidman vs. Urlah Hall.

* The packed house was the real star of the show with UFC 261. It shown what many of us missed about live since the pandemic started. The fans in attendance were pretty vocal about a lot of the fights that happened. Masks were recommended for fans, but not required. It was uncertain as to this would be a "super spreader" event with the rage of COVID-19/Coronavirus. All things considered, this is the kind of "normal" many of us hope would return someday.

Congratulations to all who won at UFC 261! Same applies for all other boxing and MMA over the weekend!

Reyes vs. Prochazka makes up some of the card for tonight's UFC Fight Night. Enjoy whatever boxing or MMA you're interested in today/tonight!

I saw a few videos recently about Rose Namajunas. "Thug Rose" is a pretty wild fighter. Her demeanor, however, says otherwise. She is rather tall and has good reach with her punches and kicks. Rose delivers on some intense grapples as well. Rose Namajunas is a quite legit fighter in the UFC.

Later tonight, one of the matches coming up for UFC Fight Night involves two ladies going at it. Rodriguez and Waterson will cross paths tonight. ESPN and ESPN+ has your UFC action tonight for UFC Fight Night. UFC Fight Night begins at 8:00 PM Eastern Time.

Enjoy boxing and/or MMA tonight!

I saw most of the Flyweight Main Event of UFC Fight Night between Marina Rodriguez and Michelle Waterson last night. Rodriguez was very fierce in her attacks. There were times where Waterson just couldn't shake off Rodriguez. It was a great fight. Not spoiling the winner.

May 15, 2021 is UFC 262 here in my hometown of Houston, Texas. Get psyched!

Enjoy UFC 262 later tonight! UFC 262 is tonight here in Houston, Texas; but I won't be at the event or won't see the Pay Per View.

Font vs. Garbrandt is among tonight's matches for UFC Fight Night.

In boxing...

* Tonight will see Top Rank Boxing featuring an undisputed Junior Welterweight championship fight between Ramirez vs. Taylor.

* Errol Spence Jr. will fight against Manny Pacquiao this August 21, 2021 in Las Vegas. I love Pacquiao, so I'm proud for the Pac-Man to accept this fight.

You all enjoy some boxing and MMA this weekend!

I got boxing and MMA for you all in this post! So check it...

Tonight is BOUT TIME! UFC Vegas 28 kicks off today starting with preliminaries at 4:00 PM Eastern Time and the main card at 7:00 PM Eastern Time. The main card features a big heavyweight bout between Rozenstruik vs. Sakai, and it also features a match between Harris and Tybura.

In boxing, tomorrow is a fight between Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. Logan Paul.

Go enjoy some MMA and/or boxing this weekend!

Back