The Vision GT Thread - Car No.18-20 SRT Tomahawk S GTS-R X Vision GT - STILL 26/06/15

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 1,905 comments

Do we need this thread to be sticky?

• Yes! It`s the reference thread for the ongoing VGT releases.

Votes: 272 66.0%
  • No! Just no!

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • I don`t care!

Votes: 98 23.8%

• Total voters
I'm not crazy about VGT's, but I kind of wish that the next ones are a bit more of use to me. I know that some people probably love that big Mercedes and use it often, but for me the car is useless. Especially because it lacks a cockpit.

Hope to see some VGT's in the 450-500PP range in the future. And also that they have modeled interiors.
I am quite excited for these. GT always makes some badass looking cars (Citrioen GT, Merc VGT, Nike 2022...)

@Vic Reign93
It's quite difficult to contact Nike, they don't seem to not know much about the car and replied to me telling me about sports gear.

They told me to contact Gran Turismo for all the information.

We won't be getting anything from Polyphony or Sony, that's for sure.
Can you contact Jordan?

@Vic Reign93
It's quite difficult to contact Nike, they don't seem to not know much about the car and replied to me telling me about sports gear.

They told me to contact Gran Turismo for all the information.

We won't be getting anything from Polyphony or Sony, that's for sure.
Ah it was worth a try. ;)
Good investigating work. 👍

Surprised that mid engined Aston hasn't been shown yet but the ultra Light Concept has (clearly not the pic though)

I think Bertone is the next one
Untitled.png

i1SApfajpchM8uH.jpg

Why do you expect this one to be the next? So far the most reliable info is that the next VGT is the BMW albeit being delayed apparently. What ever happened to the news about the financial problems of Bertone in December? If that is still the case I rather expect it to be delayed or cancelled entirely.
looks finished to me :D

they are starting to run out of time...
Are they? Who knows, GT6 maybe the only GT title you get for the next couple years.

Seeing how DriveClub just clawwed itself back to the 2014 Holidays, I highly HIGHLY doubt Sony is going to push two Racing titles out in the same window, and sacrifice a brand-new exclusive IP.

@Shirrako did you actually get any more replies from the manufactures you were contacting regarding the VGTs?
Nope, Ford and VW ignored my message or missed it, i don't know, doesn't seem like they have any information to share regarding the VGT cars.

Only BMW gave a direct answer, the others were just trying to avoid the question.

Nope, Ford and VW ignored my message or missed it, i don't know, doesn't seem like they have any information to share regarding the VGT cars.

Only BMW gave a direct answer, the others were just trying to avoid the question.
Did you contact Jordan brand regarding their VGT?

Try to contact Lamborghini :sly:. See what they say.

I contacted BMW and this is what they told me about the Vision GT car.

" unfortunately we cannot give you any details. We're in the middle of the design process and will let you know once there's a date we can announce. Quite exciting, we can't wait to see your feedback on the final ingame model! Best regards, Your BMW Facebook Team"

Middle of the design? doesn't sound like the car will come out this week or this month.

Well then a mass production model perhaps ? I can't remember exactly but in Jordan's hint there was only BMW without saying it'll be a VGT car.

I have a little more faith (1% more) as someone on NGU unlocked the bmw vgt but kepts crashing. Maybe be true, may not but still to be noted.

Just went on NGU, read and past on, not saying i believe or not but those guy are the ones going around in hybrid cars atm.

Im simply gonna say this. Bmw VGT is that old M1 concept put in the new i8 design with a racing paraphernalia, done now just need a date.

Last edited:
The wait begins...?

WorldCarFans
BMW has announced plans to unveil two new concepts at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este.

The company declined to elaborate but said the concepts were "created by its automotive and motorcycle design experts." This likely means we can expect a car and a motorcycle.

That's not much to go on but BMW has previously used the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este to introduce the M1 Homage, Gran Lusso Coupe and Zagato coupe concepts.

Regardless of what BMW has planned, the 2014 Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este will celebrate the "glitz and glamour of the Roaring Twenties." The event will also celebrate the 110th anniversary of Rolls-Royce and 100 Years of Maserati.

Im beginning to think this VGT is not just up to PD anymore. They may have had a green light from all those manufacturers and some random rough scetches, but it might be a whole another story to get the manufacturers actually design a full blown concept fot GT - Its not cheep you know and these days the manufacturers are making some tough economy choises..

Just saying VGT might not be that high on their list of interests at the moment. Especially as the gt6 has not actually been raising applauses. VGT might not seem such a good idea to a manufacturer after all the hype surrounding GT6 has vaporised.. :indiff:

Back