Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,076 comments
The S bends are definitely a bit tricky because the line you need to navigate them at full speed is quite precise. If you're slightly off and need to turn the wheel too much, you enter spin city, delicate steering inputs required. As @TRCJohn mentions, you also need to turn in earlier than you think. Good luck!

I would try to cut aggressively to left as possible to open out the right hander, almost hitting the orange part of the wall, then turn in early for the right as the car will slide onto the correct line.

Also, try to avoid fully lifting or touching the brakes through there as the weight transfer really upsets the car, you can drop to ~70%-80% throttle though as a comfort lift if needed and its fine as long as you're not also doing the change of direction at the same time.
Not had much time but thanks to help above managed to shave nearly a second off. Still only get through the bends when lifting, not managed at full speed yet. Only got a bit of time in the morning but this will be a definite bronze!

Getting a Top 100,000 is great (I really pray my friend @smoothbore12 will get in this ranking for once)

643ca0c4c30dc3cff0cdac6a491fe6fd.gif

And also, on some level, I don't want my best result to be one that doesn't actually require any (driving) skill.
Totally understand that. Currently I'm #473. Usually I'm nowhere near top 1000 let alone top 500 so I will just take it if it holds, ignore the luck part for getting the line mostly right, and have a little (well needed) ego boost. 😂

I'm sure the next TTs will be getting me back to earth soon enough 🤣

Did another session in VR with the Dino, took 30 laps to get to where I was before, but running weak ABS, I might be faster with normal ABS not sure but weak ABS felt better. A "mid" result for me but I gained another 0.065 sec. 🤷‍♂️ Fun car to drive but it would take a lot more laps to get into the 1:05.1xx range and then a LOT more laps after that to break into the 1:04.9xx range. Sometimes I get burned out on these pretty quick though so this will probably be it. On to the next one!

gt7 dino sardenia tt final 1.jpg

gt7 dino sardenia tt final 2.jpg

Very good initiative to go pike fishing! I love that !
I'm really having a lot of fun with this Dino and if I find some time this evening i should manage to get another 0.1 which would give me the best ranking so far.
Yes, pikefishing is a second hobby 😁🤣
Go for it!, you already had a nice time I saw on my leaderboard, an extra tenth would be epic!, good luck!

I'm very positive that we'll soon get a new time trial featuring one of the new cars that are coming Thursday, but when it comes to the TS020, we just had a time trial at Le Mans featuring the Bugatti Veyron Gr.4. Maybe if there is a time trial with the TS020, we'll be setting laps at Fuji since that venue is owned by Toyota.

Last edited:
Had a bit of a long session today. Finished all the dirt CE's and that earned me enough to buy the Ferrari 250 GTO. Thought I'd celebrate by improving my time at Daytona.

18e81475a5e16-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e814774b729-screenshotUrl.jpg

My optimal today is my best so far and would be P56 today, had it materialized.

Hello, there @Dan_Tes and @Circleof6ths!

18e8147a0fb27-screenshotUrl.jpg

Also, Doodle is killing it at Sardegna on the final day. RIP anyone who was on the edge of Gold.

I don’t like road cars, comfort tyres or reverse tracks so you can imagine how I feel about the Sardegna trial.

Sat down for a proper session tonight. All I wanted was silver but even that eluded me for a long time. Finally on lap 33 I figured out the right amount of yeeting required to get the old Dino round without clobbering the walls.

Only a 1:06.5 but it’s the best I can do. Know my limits, gold was never on the cars here. Hopefully the GT-One is nicer to drive if we get that challenge tomorrow.

Doodle is going insane 796 😳
Gold now….709 …🤷‍♂️

@ZevZoq …time to buckle up …😅
are you fing kidding me? There's no buckling up. I don't have four hours to spend tonight driving around trying to beat a time that took me more than ten hours to get in the first place. Man...I don't know. I think I'll be settling for a nice solid silver from now on...There's not much point in committing the time to getting gold unless I can get far enough under the line for there to be no sudden punt with only hours to go - and I doubt very much I can get that far under the line.

Back