Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,239 comments
Lol, Shaguar Jaguar! I was forced to rent it the whole time because in the legend dealership, it's 20 million. Lol, I don't have adequate time to grind that many credits.

Lol, Shaguar Jaguar! I was forced to rent it the whole time because in the legend dealership, it's 20 million. Lol, I don't have adequate time to grind that many credits.
No, as people have pointed out to you before, you were not forced. You could always rent it. And don't reply that you wanted to put a livery on. That is your choice. You are not forced to buy any car for any TT.

New test today in Watkins Glen and improve my time at 1'35'510 with optimal time at 1'35'468
17145727846096086891256799062177.jpg

Glad my Interlagos / Jag TT lap wasn't a cheat lap, I never went into the tuning menu. I thought maybe it just applied whatever tune was on there or something like that. Crazy how these bugs make it into an update release!

I'm going to tell you something that you won't have to repeat to my wife !!!🤣🤣
How good is it to be on vacation and your wife has gone for a walk !!!! 🤣🤣
I can play a little on the console without hearing: "When will you stop playing !!!!" 🤣🤣
Improve my time at Watkins Glen in 1'35'315
17145748950594404450500454478960.jpg

I'm going to tell you something that you won't have to repeat to my wife !!!🤣🤣
How good is it to be on vacation and your wife has gone for a walk !!!! 🤣🤣
I can play a little on the console without hearing: "When will you stop playing !!!!" 🤣🤣
Improve my time at Watkins Glen in 1'35'315
View attachment 1351811
I was impressed with myself that I was ahead of you last night. That didn't last long! :cheers:

I haven't looked in the Legendary.... but did they realy uppen it to 20 mil?....I thought it was 12?, Hagerty going nuts ( altho it's worth it 😁😁😁) glad I bought all of them before they gone mad 😂

Hey I just noticed last night that the automatic replay saves stopped. I wonder if it was some sort of mistake to begin with. It’s too bad though I really liked that feature.
I don't know why or how, but I set a new PB last night and the lap was saved anyways.

What I recall I did different was completing the whole 1st sector of the next lap before exiting it.

I thought the feature was gone.

I don't know why or how, but I set a new PB last night and the lap was saved anyways.

What I recall I did different was completing the whole 1st sector of the next lap before exiting it.

I thought the feature was gone.
This was at Watkins Glen. Only 1 person on my friends list had a replay and that’s because they were in the global top ten.

I hope that you’re right though.

... on the plus side I secured a top 500 and surpassed @GlockPants , so I guess it was worth it ;)
Well done! :cheers:

I finished my time at Interlagos a few days ago and won't be back, so we'll have to see how WG goes. I still want to spend a couple more stints there but I've been busy since I got back from my trip last month and haven't put in as much time as I'd like to.

I'll be moving halfway across the US next month and I don't know if I'll be putting in good seat time until August to really be pushing for my first Top 100.

~70 minutes and 300 expletives later...

Didn’t like this one at all. The car’s alright but this combo didn’t work very well, in my experience. Interlagos is a track that on its own is fine but again, these two together here were like water and oil. Inner section was a trainwreck. And add forced rental due to BoP bug with no livery on top of that. A low ranking TT on the fun and pleasure spectrum. Definitely not returning, football will take the priority tonight!

Oh well, at least 1’33.133 is a pretty cool time. :cool: Moving on.

18f354cfc8930-screenshotUrl.png

Dear Time Trial friends, for those on controllers (especially the DS4) what controller sensitivity are you guys using? And what would be the pros of having it higher or lower?🤔
I always have mine (DS4) set on 10.* The higher the sensitivity, the less you have to move the stick to get the car to turn. It's what works best for me. You have to be careful with 'snappy' cars, though. It is smoother if set lower but can be difficult to get some cars to rotate.

*Except the Daytona one where I had it at -2.

Last edited:
Finally some progress!
Exciting race parade with the Titans at Spa with half a century cars and I got into the groove of time trialling.
TT-InterlagosJag-almost3.jpg

Still not enough for top 50 and even our dear Jerome escaped me by a few thousandths, but a solid two tenth improvement is very much pleasing.
Optimals were more promising, but well...
TT-InterlagosJag-laps3.jpg

Well, I hope 1:34.976 is enough for the Jaguar. It's not even a tenth under the gold time right now, and only at +2.91%, but I don't really want to drive it any more.
I’m totally sure that’s fine. In fact I’m sitting on a 1:34.959.

Also, please add me to your psn friends I’m dudetuna there.

Dear Time Trial friends, for those on controllers (especially the DS4) what controller sensitivity are you guys using? And what would be the pros of having it higher or lower?🤔
Maybe you can do what @P-Courty said about controller and settings , search back in this thread and you will find his experiment. That might give you more feel which direction you want to go and you can sense exactly what they do. I don't know if my settings can help you since I am on motion control but In general from the top first one sensitivity on 10, then two under for force feedback, 1 and Last on 10, but I do adjust them for specific challenge when needed, mainly going in opposite directions until I feel that's the best for that very TT combo. (I am on DS5)

Last edited:
Hey, I decided to rest today for 8-9 hours, I woke up 3 hours ago, so I'm refreshed, I wonder what the new TT will be. Let's go ahead and guess the next track and car being used.

@tmtk nice lap, doesn't it feel good to be that high in the rankings?

@ScottPuss20 I play gt7 at least 8 hours a day, that is adequate time.

@skydragon49 I asked myself that too about the controller settings, I usually have mine set at 8-9, other times at a 7. I can't tell a positive difference but any car I drive performs okay.

@Jeje6410 awesome time at WG, you're burning the leaderboards with blazes of fire!!! 🔥

Finally some progress!
Exciting race parade with the Titans at Spa with half a century cars and I got into the groove of time trialling.
View attachment 1351932

Still not enough for top 50 and even our dear Jerome escaped me by a few thousandths, but a solid two tenth improvement is very much pleasing.
Optimals were more promising, but well...
View attachment 1351933
It’s really very nice of you to come to my side !!!! 🤗🤗 🤣🤣
I feel very very close to you !!! 😍😍🤣🤣
awkward-mr-bean.gif

A little too much anyway !!! 🤣🤣
Bravo my friend for your another excellent TT 👏👏👏👏💪💪💪💪

Finally found some time to play GT, uni exams really do take your whole life away! Rolled out the Jaaaaaaaag (or Shaguar, whichever way you swing), got a comfortable gold there (I forgot to screenshot it d'oh), and had a run with the Skoda. It's mildly reminiscent of how you had to drive in older GT games. Slow in, fast out, square off as much as you can. Still a bit of time on the table for me, especially in the first corner.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240502153347.jpg

Hey @MattD42 , how are you coming along with the TT's the past 4-5 months? Wow, it's May 2nd, almost half the year is gone. That's how fast time goes when we're hot lapping and having fun racing around the tracks.

Last edited:
Back