Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,801 comments
Went to see my old parents, dad is 90 years... Come home with bothering mind ( we don't go into that) and thought to just unload worries and play a little bit... Couldn't start lap properly, first sector was barely on .9 couldn't even reach .8 and said to myself one last lap and turn everything off and clean my mind somehow...
Last lap for today...
View attachment 1349884
You're dad's 90? My grandparents will be 84 in July. Their headed towards 90 too.

This last week has been super busy so I haven't had any time to devote to GT at all until last night and this morning, and I made an hour or so to whittle down my time at Atlanta with the X-Bow. I wish I had more time with it, because I was just starting to get a flow for the car and how to abuse the track, but I'm not mad about the time I'm at for the moment.

KTM TT.jpg

There is so much time left, and so many areas where I'm missing the apex and screwing up momentum, not chucking the car around enough, or spinning the wheels too much. Regardless, it was a fun session, and I'm looking forward to getting in the Jag sometime early next week... hopefully.

Here is one of my last sessions at Road Atlanta including my fastest lap.

To those still hunting... good luck!

Last edited:
Day 3 at Road Atlanta.
Long session, over 100 laps, my hands are aching like never before
TT-RoadAtlantaKTM-almost3.jpg

A tenth in the bag - it's ok (sorry Jerome).
There was potential for more as the optimal dipped into high 24s.
For this session I upgraded to 6 button mashing configuration if you catch my drift (hence the pain in the untrained hands, plus some parts of my brain are still glowing).
Anyways, happy with this for now, we'll see what the future brings.

Yes, baby, yes, baby, yes!! I have some great news, I ran 4-5 more laps using zaxs's ghost and dropped another second almost in the XJ13, 1'36.508. However my video won't be ready for a few hours so stay tuned. I wonder when the update is going to start, we are in North Carolina so we're on Eastern standard time.

Resetting the ghost sectors has helped me tremendously but it's too late for that in the X-bow TT. So, I will take my 1M and walk away a happy man!!

I feel proud.

@ZevZoq great job, I've made tremendous progress tonight too. At Interlagos, that is! Wait until you see my video in the morning.

This one was super easy for me to gold for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

Running in VR, no TC or CSA or anything, just ABS default.

A few warm up laps, a few more to get a 1:35.136, then a few more to gold with a 1:34.603.
Been busy, maybe I'll get back to it and see if I can get closer to 1:34.000!

GT7 Sport PSVR2 Jaguar XJ13 '66 Interlagos Brazil Time Trial results 1.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20240424170044.jpg

Chase view, VR view, TV replay.. This car is great in VR.

Whew! Didn't run my first stint in the X-Bow until last night, where I ended 0.05 out of Gold!

Determined not to suffer the same nightmare as last week, I got in and ran for another hour tonight. I was feeling the combo much better, and was able to get into Gold safely :). I still think there was another 0.3-0.5 out there for me, but no time, so I'll settle satisfied with this.

TT_Atlanta_XBow.jpeg

BWX
This one was super easy for me to gold for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

Running in VR, no TC or CSA or anything, just ABS default.

A few warm up laps, a few more to get a 1:35.136, then a few more to gold with a 1:34.603.
Been busy, maybe I'll get back to it and see if I can get closer to 1:34.000!

View attachment 1349954
View attachment 1349955

Chase view, VR view, TV replay.. This car is great in VR.

Awesome lap, I'm not too far behind, just gotta find those missing seconds, 1'36.508

EDIT: Here is my improved super-lap at Interlagos. This was after watching zaxs's replay, I cut off about a second of time by studying each part slowly, and I have been resetting each sector to get a closer look of what to do. Helps a lot, I wish I had done this sooner but I know now. I think this lap was a huge drastic change for me, now I'm motivated even more! Make sure to watch it guys, you'll be amazed.

Also, what can I do to gain more time, I was hesitant in some areas and didn't press on the throttle enough in a couple spots.

@Jeje6410
@Evilmuffin
@Gomario JSP
@Dolph Drago
@330_D
@P-Courty
@skydragon49
@crome
@zaxs
@Gogga
@luv2drive
@smoothbore12
@ScottPuss20
@Gorefast
@tmtk
@GlockPants

Come grab a coffee and take a look, if you want to be surprised.

Last edited:
Awesome lap, I'm not too far behind, just gotta find those missing seconds, 1'36.508

EDIT: Here is my improved super-lap at Interlagos. This was after watching zaxs's replay, I cut off about a second of time by studying each part slowly, and I have been resetting each sector to get a closer look of what to do. Helps a lot, I wish I had done this sooner but I know now. I think this lap was a huge drastic change for me, now I'm motivated even more! Make sure to watch it guys, you'll be amazed.

Also, what can I do to gain more time, I was hesitant in some areas and didn't press on the throttle enough in a couple spots.

@Jeje6410
@Evilmuffin
@Gomario JSP
@Dolph Drago
@330_D
@P-Courty
@skydragon49
@crome
@zaxs
@Gogga
@luv2drive
@smoothbore12
@ScottPuss20
@Gorefast
@tmtk
@GlockPants

Nice time there Chris. Keep it up. Good to see you are making progress. I cant watch the replay right now, but I will get to it.

Everyone here is extremely helpful. Just listen to all the good advice and you will be seeing gold!

Always remember that smooth is fast.

@Jeje6410
@Evilmuffin
@Gomario JSP
@Dolph Drago
@330_D
@P-Courty
@skydragon49
@crome
@zaxs
@Gogga
@luv2drive
@smoothbore12
@ScottPuss20
@Gorefast
@tmtk
@GlockPants

Hej Chris,

congrats to this lap time! I am not the right person to show you the way into golden territory but I admire your dedication and am happy with you about your great improvement!

I myself did two invalid laps at Interlagos and decided to let it be. This car is difficult to handle, at least for me. So, cudos to you!

Now, relax and get some sleep. Because after the race is before the race... 😉

@Jeje6410
@Evilmuffin
@Gomario JSP
@Dolph Drago
@330_D
@P-Courty
@skydragon49
@crome
@zaxs
@Gogga
@luv2drive
@smoothbore12
@ScottPuss20
@Gorefast
@tmtk
@GlockPants

Nice lap! You're definitely getting faster! I honestly wouldn't be much faster with a controller, I usually can't gold with a controller. I do wonder what you could do with a wheel. You'd probably gold a lot more often!

I guess it was inevitable. Three VGTs in the last six TTs now. I know they have a place in the game and understand the importance of a new manufacturer being represented. My beef is that they limit our ability to use TTs to learn how to drive better. But I suspect people like me who spend 99% of GT7 time in TTs are outliers, so I'll stop my winge.

I guess it was inevitable. Three VGTs in the last six TTs now. I know they have a place in the game and understand the importance of a new manufacturer being represented. My beef is that they limit our ability to use TTs to learn how to drive better. But I suspect people like me who spend 99% of GT7 time in TTs are outliers, so I'll stop my winge.
We are probably a very small percentage of people who spend 99% of our game time doing the time trials.

I feel your pain. No fun for me in the VGTS. Once I set a decent time that I'm happy with, I'm usually done and will not return to the time trial in a hurry.
I must admit though, the difficulty of the Mclaren VGT at Suzuka kept me coming back for more in those last few days before it expired.

Back