Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,418 comments
Last night I had a frustrating session with the Afeela. I had several low 17's laps red flagged either because I touched the wall in the final part or failed the track limits at the double right also at the final part.

At the end I got to improve my time, not as much as I could, but still.

I'd like to think it's a safe time so I don't have to come back to it.

18f43c4665213-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438988520851508_1714798909576~2.jpg

Edit: this thread.... Is getting faster every week. Biblical stuff. 😅

Last edited:
This new tt combo is not as bad.
The car is not fast which is ok to improve my technique. On the other side it is just an understeery brick, which is safer but not helpful to better my slip angle management, which is my biggest improvement area, i guess.

I have to admin that i broke some ceil in the last couple of weeks.
Before my tt target was safe silver and my aggressive target was sniffing gold area.
This is now my new target, the aggressive one being actually getting gold. I'm happy with this!

18f43ec660595-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'm not sure it stays, but so far so good

New test today in Lago Maggiore and after many laps invalid I can improve my time at 2'16'335 with optimal time at 2'16'224.
View attachment 1352637
Awesome improvement 🔥Vacation made you even faster 💪 Need to tell my boss that I need vacation if I want to keep up. Pretty sure she will understand and grant me some 😂

Last edited:
Hi,

Not been in here for a week or two - Holidays and work and being busy...
IMG_3429.jpg

I am so pleased with the way these have worked out! Super comfortable and starting to get the "feel" for them. They are laser cut Aluminium in 6mm. Designed to sit on a 500mm wide profile rig. If anyone wants the drawings for them, please message me - I will be only too happy to send them for you. CSL V2 pedals with load cell.

Had a quick go at Lago Maggiore and I am delighted with a 2:18:0xx. To say I am now happy with my set up now, is a mahoosive understatement!!!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that they are! going to the powder coaters on Tuesday next! :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Not been in here for a week or two - Holidays and work and being busy...View attachment 1352678

I am so pleased with the way these have worked out! Super comfortable and starting to get the "feel" for them. They are laser cut Aluminium in 6mm. Designed to sit on a 500mm wide profile rig. If anyone wants the drawings for them, please message me - I will be only too happy to send them for you. CSL V2 pedals with load cell.

Had a quick go at Lago Maggiore and I am delighted with a 2:18:0xx. To say I am now happy with my set up now, is a mahoosive understatement!!!

Ian.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that they are! going to the powder coaters on Tuesday next! :)
Looks AWESOME mate. Always thinking, It would be great to be able to use old school manuel transmission with clutch action. TT’s with old school cars would be in an another dimension. I don’t know about the competitive side though.

Last edited:
Last night I had a frustrating session with the Afeela. I had several low 17's laps red flagged either because I touched the wall in the final part or failed the track limits at the double right also at the final part.

At the end I got to improve my time, not as much as I could, but still.

I'd like to think it's a safe time so I don't have to come back to it.

View attachment 1352645

Edit: this thread.... Is getting faster every week. Biblical stuff. 😅
Great work friend!
You jumped over me now, I still didn't managed to go into 17s.
Didn't have a lot time though, just a quick stint at morning.

Last edited:
Stick a fork in me coz I am done!! Final session at Watkins Glen today before I go away for the week; just getting better and better now that the wine, beer, rum, lasagne and whatever else I was abusing myself with last night is no longer having an effect..

Slight mistake in sector three touching the grass and a slightly sloppy final sector stopped me from getting my perfect perfect lap but this is still a massive achievement for me… if I wasn’t so sweaty and exhausted I’d be buzzing 🤣🤣

IMG_6678.jpeg

IMG_6677.jpeg

I’m hoping and praying that’s good enough for world top 20, I’ll be on tenterhooks while I’m away and hoping all the guys below me are distracted by other trial to bother trying again here 🤪😁

Never fear, I’ll be away until Friday so the Lake Maggiore is safe until then

If anybody is in the Cincinnati area Monday-Wednesday and wants to say hello I’ll be around

Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Have a good weekend everybody!!

Last edited:
If anybody is in the Cincinnati area Monday-Wednesday and wants to say hello I’ll be around
I'll be sure to wave from Indy! (insane time, by the way!)

Man, oh man, this Afeela TT is challenging. I was frustrated for most of the today's session as I would always make a mistake while on a fast lap. Usually I would throw it all away in the final turn. After over 100 miles of lapping, I had gained a whopping 1 tenth from my attempt Thursday and had another lap later that I was a couple tenths up on before, you guessed it - blowing the last corner - and ending up exactly .001 behind. :ouch: But I knew if I could put in one clean lap, a sub 16 would be possible. I eventually got there, even with a quite slow first sector and poor right hander at the start of sector 2.
IMG_3131.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

Looks AWESOME mate. Always thinking, It would be great to be able to use old school manuel transmission with clutch action. TT’s with old school cars would be in an another dimension. I don’t know about the competitive side though.
Imagine that? An old F1 car or a Group B rally car! I read somewhere, recently, that there are two things you cannot put into a simulator - Fear and G-Force. Steering with one hand and shifting with the other hand gets the fear part. A "full on" motion simulation rig gets the other part.

Ian.

So I found time at the evening and started my session with Afeela... Everything went well and soon I entered 2:17 with .851 as my PB. Ice Cube would say, It was a good day! :)

View attachment 1352713

@skydragon49 sry friend, I came just above you in my leaderboard:

View attachment 1352715

Again not good last corner:

Now I Feel like getting back on track again. 🤨

Sorry for the most predictable and used pun ever 😅😅😅😅

Good job my friend, I'd say gold result is safe now.

Back from my travels yesterday morning, collected Cr 1M for the Jag TT that I'm very happy with.
So we now have two battery-powered car TTs - oh well, I don't use manual gears anyway so not too bothered but I do miss the sound of an internal combustion engine.
Bronze on both so far and I have a hunch that that's as far as I'll go..... 😄

Last edited:
Morning folks

Sunday morning it's battery wining time!
I got into it rather quickly this morning setting a new PB of .622 in the second lap I did and felt good so kept wining along...

A dozen laps later I ran multiple 11.7 splits on the backstraight and ran .530

Than lost my S1 mojo again and ran only 11.8 splits, but had a blast of a 3th sector which got me quite a descent result!
What if I didn't stuff up S1 .....🙈🙈
So there is still a tenth for me inS1 but nailing all...pfffff

But when you do nail it sort of and place 36 worldwide ....you still got almighty Ed @Ed_Night and @djolliea who are just unbeatable 😂😂🙏🙏 (and @Dan_Tes prob going to crush me too ) 😂

@BeRSeRKeR_TR sorry mate 😘😂

@Barareklam awesom to see that motionsteering this way, I am jaleous that you master it that well, I tried, corners are not that bad but keeping it straight is 😂😂🙏👽

1000019858.jpg

1000019856.jpg

1000019859.jpg

I'm pleased with my silver medal I earned from the Jaguar TT (Interlagos). I worked hard doing a total of 397 laps. 1'36.231 was my overall best time which I got on Lap 257. Sigh, I'm a slow learner.
😲😲😲😲😲 What's the point of doing so many tricks !!!!! No use because you only have one good turn and the others bad !!!! Instead of improving, you get into the habit of doing bad laps with bad trajectories and bad braking !!!!
And that’s not going to help you progress !!!! Well, this is just my opinion and we have told you this several times.

Back