Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 26,195 comments
3rd session @ LS + Scirroco... no ghost this time and I am a bit slower... I would have preferred to continue to progress rather than regress šŸ˜‘

Only improved sector 3 by 0.014s

Everything else is much worse.

30 laps in.
18f8c68bfa169-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Been a while since I've taken part in a TT. I did get a chance to give the Scirocco a go last weekend. Was sitting at a 1.29.3xx but I managed to improve my PB to a 1.29.088 today which I'm quite happy with. Was tempted to chase my optimal which was a 1.28.8xx but I don't think I'll give it another go.

I couldn't wait to try the Sylvia at BH cause I like the track and thought I would enjoy it but to my surprise, I cannot believe how much I struggled to get a silver time of 1.48.209. Not quite sure what it is but something is not clicking here for me with that combo. This might be where my gold streak ends because I'm not sure I have the time nor the patience to try to chip away at that one.

@EbrahimX7 if it is ok to ask and sorry admins for not 100% time trial related but what made you go for TGT II wheel? And not that I am considering getting one, but if you would get rig today, what would you go for now?
Hey, I had a t300 that I liked, then I bought a DD pro and didnt like the way it feels it at all. So I sold DD pro a week after I bought it šŸ˜… with a little bit of profit (thank god). and then bought a tgt2. And I love the tgt 2 so much. It feels like a t300 that went to the gym šŸ˜ so it was a nice upgrade for the t300 that I liked. Im not gonna a need another wheel until it breaks apart. + im in love with TLCM pedals aswell. Ppl have different opinions but for me direct drive technology didnt suit me at all. It feels synthetic and empty and like a smooth bowling floor. I personally like to feel friction

Last edited:
Hi,

I have no idea what you guys are doing on the Laguna Seca TT! I can't brake at the right place, I can't nail the throttle at the right place, I can't turn in at the right place! The cork screw is, IMHO, the second worst / scariest / challenging corner on earth. Eau Rouge at Spa pips it, only on exit speed... Screw the "screw" and its a repair bill: Ruin the Rouge and you are going to <probably> need an ambulance!

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Hi,

I have no idea what you guys are doing on the Laguna Seca TT! I can't brake at the right place, I can't nail the throttle at the right place, I can't turn in at the right place! The cork screw is, IMHO, the second worst / scariest / challenging corner on earth. Eau Rouge at Spa pips it, only on exit speed... Screw the "screw" and its a repair bill: Ruin the Rouge and you are going to <probably> need an ambulance!

Ian.
I don't even use visual braking points, maybe for first couople laps after watching a guide. Then I just go by feel, like when you check to see if microwave is done after 3 minutes and you turn around and it's at 1 seconds and you open it up within 1000th of a second of it going to zero, not thinking about it the whole time. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I'm not an alien though, but can usually easily get gold or 0.5 to 1 second faster within a half hour. Just takes time if you don't know the track already. Keep punching out those laps and it'll click eventually unless it's Mt Panorama. I still have nightmares about that one. šŸ˜µ

Hi,

Ian.
I've just had my first attempt using @Tidgney lap guide and managed to get a low 1:29.1XX after about a dozen laps or so. Immenseley helpful. I'd recommend studying his lap guide and using it to good effect!

Grabbed another hour at Brands Hatch this evening and managed to make some progress in terms of speed and consistency/staying on the track šŸ˜‚

As the optimum splits suggest, thereā€™s another tenth or two left to find in theory, but Iā€™m pretty happy with this for now.
1716097945532.jpeg

1716097960497.jpeg

Have you tried to put a ghost from Metalgear on 0.2 seconds and then try your best to keep that 0.2 all the time, whatever he does you try to do too?
I actually did this for the drift lap so that I had some idea of how far away I was and how ballsy I had to be to even attempt to get near bronze.

I did upload another lap before the one I posted but it was slower and I was nowhere near as sideways.

To add to the theme, I got bronze sideways in a red car so @Evilmuffin and @ScottPuss20 may be onto something... Has orange gone out of fashion šŸ¤”šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
My first session at Brands Hatch.

The only livery for this car is the Nostalgic HKS D1 GP S15.

Time is not on my side, but I would really like to spend more time on this if I do get a chance.

Happy Lapping everyone!

View attachment 1356590
Don't know what's in your cereals but that is impressive. With the Scirocco I was quite happy with my result but as I had finished my first stint with the beloved Silvia (S14>S15 imo) I looked at the board of my (former) friends and had to clean my glasses... The catman is out of reach as usual but now my best lap is slower than some people drifting... (Anyway, thank you a lot! @P-Courty ) Great driving, guys!

Don't know what's in your cereals but that is impressive. With the Scirocco I was quite happy with my result but as I had finished my first stint with the beloved Silvia (S14>S15 imo) I looked at the board of my (former) friends and had to clean my glasses... The catman is out of reach as usual but now my best lap is slower than some people drifting... (Anyway, thank you a lot! @P-Courty ) Great driving, guys!
@Gogga s cereals are (for some good reasons) not available in Germany šŸ˜„

But without it's not as funny šŸ˜¤

It first took me a while to move the car around the track in a more or less controlled manner at all and then another "while" to reach the gold barrier.

My problem was that I couldn't carry as much speed as the fast guys. Thus 4th gear often was too much and 3rd too risky šŸ™„
So had to improve my lines to carry as much speed that I could efficiently use my gears.

And then it took another while until luck met me and gave me a chance to put all together while staying focused over the lap.

So IMO this one not as easy as the YT stars promote šŸ˜³ At least for me...

Please give it another try!
Martin

P. S.
@ Muffins and aliens
Was my pleasure to tell you how hard GT-live is if you are not green or evil šŸ˜˜

Spent around half an hour this morning to improve by .004 seconds and then another 2 hours to break into the 45's. Should've stopped after the first stint. Although I reached my goal, this grinding started burning me out and the last hour the laps got progressively slower.

Somehow, I'm wildly inconsistent between the sectors, either fast in the first part to mess it up later on or the other way around. Opts like 45.287 keep me motivated though :)

Maybe, if I find the right shade of red...

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240519053156.png
Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240519030012_1.png

Last edited:
I'm out of gold. Seems like i have to go again at Brands Hatch. People write "don't use assists" and at the same time write "use a higher gear" there and there. So i guess as an AT driver it's still faster for me (and my talent level) to stay at TC1.
I will be out, too, if Jeddah will treat his Silvia two more times šŸ™„
But I am quite sure, I won't come back. Enough Silvia for a couple of weeks šŸ˜†

I assume that you are right concerning AT and TC1.
For this combo IMO you have the other drawback (compared to the Scirocco) that the car should not revved out for best performance (I shifted around half of the bar, short before in case of downhill, short after in case of uphill).

The benefit, a controller could give here, the AT will take for sure šŸ˜

Cheers
Martin

Baby steps of improvements. I can now hit sub 46 pretty consistently. Extra pad time seems to pay of in this instance.

Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240519133539.png

Climbed to the top of my Friends Ranking on a rare occasion. There's always usually this one guy who's faster :D Not very many of mine actually partake in the TT, especially during the summer months.
Gran Turismoā„¢ 7_20240519133550.png

Last edited:
Back