Time Trial - Results and Community Leader Boards

Crown is for world #1
GTP IS MY WORLD THOUGH

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

You guys find me a suitable symbol in the Segui UI Emoji font range and I'll add it in for #1. It has to be in that font, else there are formatting issues. Can't be a picture or a different font.
challenge accepted, I think there is a rocket emoji there, let me see if I can find ASCII code for it and if that is what I think it is

what about a #1 medal (like the one you use with a star, but with an 1 instead, and gold for the color (and you can use #2 and #3 in silver and bronze too)

challenge accepted, I think there is a rocket emoji there, let me see if I can find ASCII code for it and if that is what I think it is

You guys find me a suitable symbol in the Segui UI Emoji font range and I'll add it in for #1. It has to be in that font, else there are formatting issues. Can't be a picture or a different font.
OK check this if it can work
a rockeship &#ddd; 🚀 glyph01802

( Then we have a checkered flag and fire I can find you simbols for those if rocketship do not work?)

Errrr did I just come top of the GTP leaderboard!?!? 🤯

Nicky Rojo Sliding GIF
It's actually offensive that you did this time after drinking alcohol too. :lol: If I remember correctly? Is this the new meta and we're all on the path to alcoholism now?

Happy to see myself ahead of some alien ranks though. This will likely be my highest ranking for awhile since I'm yet to even attempt Suzuka, clearly the Fuji grind took more out of me that I realised.:yuck:

Thanks again for all the interesting stats :)

OK check this if it can work
a rockeship &#ddd; 🚀 glyph01802

( Then we have a checkered flag and fire I can find you simbols for those if rocketship do not work?)

Done for both TT72 and interim TT73.

All together now: 🎶🎶 @Dan_Tes is a Rocket Maaaaan!!! Rocket Maaaaaaan!!!! 🎶🎶
Hahah epic I love that fellas, great work 😂😂 it’s great that we are able to fettle and add to the leaderboards in a way that keeps us happy (aaaand motivated… aaaaand right now, smug 😄)

As always @half_sourly love all the work that you do!!

Dang it, for some reason I thought I had requested to be added to the leaderboard list!

Please do, kind peoples. Loving the breakdowns and stats!
Don't remember you asking, but may have missed it. Per opening post:

2Should you wish to be included in the community leader boards, please leave a note here, in the main TT thread, or directly to me, with a link to your personal profile site ("My Page") on the Gran Turismo site. Here is mine by way of example. Please also tell me if you use a controller or a wheel."

Mega job @half_sourly :D

Could you include me in the community leader boards? I'm using controller and here is my link to my GT7 profile.

Also, I'd appreciate if you could tell me my final position in TT11 - I'm keeping a screenshot for each TT when going to Sport Mode after its end but I may have had deleted it accidentally. :dunce:
No worries, will get your full results over to you and include you from next week.

Could you include me in the community leader boards? I'm using controller and here is my link to my GT7 profile.

Also, I'd appreciate if you could tell me my final position in TT11 - I'm keeping a screenshot for each TT when going to Sport Mode after its end but I may have had deleted it accidentally. :dunce:
Welp, looks like just about everyone will be a dropping down a spot on the leaderboard from now on. Damn! :lol:

Last edited:

Here are your personal results to date. I've added an Alien version of the gold-silver-bronze-driver graph, following @crome's example.

TT11 you were placed 1,507th, your second worst to date after TT10, the first one in which you took part and were placed 4,434th. Decent effort since then!!

Welcome to the boards; good to have a proper Alien controller user to add some balance and motivation for other controller users.

Attachments

• Driver - jontikis.xlsx
    59.9 KB · Views: 6
Here are your personal results to date. I've added an Alien version of the gold-silver-bronze-driver graph, following @crome's example.

TT11 you were placed 1,507th, your second worst to date after TT10, the first one in which you took part and were placed 4,434th. Decent effort since then!!

Welcome to the boards; good to have a proper Alien controller user to add some balance and motivation for other controller users.
That's by far a very complete summary! :eek:

Thank you very much mate. :gtpflag:

Can you tell us your input type on the controller (steering, gas/brake, gears)?
Welcome, btw!
Sure! 😊

Left stick for steering, right stick for gas/brake.
R2/L2 for upshift/downshift.

I think that's it. Sensitivity is up to 10 for GT7 unless there's a combo that requires ultra precise inputs – like the recent Chaparral 2X Time Trial or Daily Race A at Route X.

Here are some statistics for TT73 at Suzuka Circuit in the McLaren Ultimate VGT.

1713423605208.png
1713425277394.png

I will update the index of TTs and the 2024 and all-time scoreboards shortly.

1713425294303.png
LB.png
1713425307472.png
1713425652516.png
1713425252140.png
1713425256731.png

Drivers with gold in all TTs
The number of drivers with gold in all standard TTs dropped from 97 to 96.

Gold.png
1713425923412.png
1713425928150.png
1713425934720.png
1713425945198.png

Interim Results for the other current TT are over on the other thread.

Attachments

• TT73-static.xlsx
    46.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I would have thought that more golden boys would have fallen, but only one failed
Reaction Yes GIF by Paper Triangles
As someone else has said, I think at this point that number goes down only with people who are not around for the TT because of holiday or illness or a broken PS5 or whatever. If you managed to gold all 70-odd so far, you probably have the skills to gold anything, unless they do an Olympic trick on you and raise the bar from 3% to 1.5%. Which reminds me, I mean to check the all gold stats for the 73 TTs and the 4 global special TTs...

EDIT: And the answer is 66.

Last edited:
Wow, the distribution of 0.1% is quite brutal.

I can also see it by refercing my figures compared to previous TTs
There are another 4 TTs where my time was around 103.9%
In those my position in the overall ranking was 11.14%, 15.96%, 20.96%, while here at Suzuka it is 4.12%

1713432027256.png

I cannot really fully understand this. The best explanation I have is that aliens didn't hold back, therefore the top times are "comparable" with every other TTs top times, while lot of non aliens held back maybe after few trials.

zjn
Wow, the distribution of 0.1% is quite brutal.

I can also see it by refercing my figures compared to previous TTs
There are another 4 TTs where my time was around 103.9%
In those my position in the overall ranking was 11.14%, 15.96%, 20.96%, while here at Suzuka it is 4.12%

View attachment 1347693

I cannot really fully understand this. The best explanation I have is that aliens didn't hold back, therefore the top times are "comparable" with every other TTs top times, while lot of non aliens held back maybe after few trials.
The more difficult a track/car combination, the more the field tends to spread at the top. You can see this in two ways using the Main Table I use on post 1.

Here it is sorted by gap from 1 to 100. Firstly, showing the biggest gaps, you can see most of the most difficult TTs are at the top.

1713434100039.png

Then by smallest gaps, you have all the easiest TTs.

1713434139638.png

Similar for proportion of drivers within 1% of number 1.
1713434178703.png
1713434197712.png

I think this is because with something like a Gr.4 car at most tracks you are flat out a lot of the time and they all handle pretty well, so the best drivers cannot show their extra skill beyond being a small margin ahead of the field.

But give them a tuneable NSX Type R at the 'ring, or a GReddy Fugu at Willow, or a slippery Maserati at Mount Panorama, or a VGT monster at Suzuka, and their extra skill allows them to stretch out ahead of the field much more.

That leaves your 103.9% in a better position in terms of where you are on the list (there is a smaller area under the initial part of the blue line in the graph on the right below, meaning fewer people are in that area) and therefore also by percentile (the 4.12%).

Here is TT15 (an easy one) on the left versus TT73 on the right. Most people in TT15 got gold or silver, so top 4% there would require a much better time relative to #1 than would be required for TT73 on the right. There top 4% gets you closer to #1, because fewer people are in that region - as shown by your finishing position.

1713434522745.png
1713434556932.png

Hope that makes sense.

As someone else has said, I think at this point that number goes down only with people who are not around for the TT because of holiday or illness or a broken PS5 or whatever. If you managed to gold all 70-odd so far, you probably have the skills to gold anything, unless they do an Olympic trick on you and raise the bar from 3% to 1.5%. Which reminds me, I mean to check the all gold stats for the 73 TTs and the 4 global special TTs...

EDIT: And the answer is 66.
There's been a few really close calls so far. Including special lap time challenges, the Olympic TT was a bit too close for comfort, and the Lake Louise TT almost knocked me out of gold in the last few hours... I think I was 0.2 seconds away from getting bumped into silver. :scared:

Back