Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
DLRgian, ive got stages 1&2 of your vipers tested...

STAGE 1 Comments
not bad acceleration.excellent grip, holds the corners really well. very fast out of the corners. seems like the kind of car anyone could drive and be successful with. great wet weather capabilities. flies pretty good also.
very fun, pretty fast, very easy to drive. i like it.

STAGE 2 comments
Wicked quick acceleration. a little understeer but superb handiling. this monster has the sound of a tomahawk cruise missle flying through the air at mach 1. when you turn the TCS off, it does a pretty sweet burnout. i have to post a small warning to other testers of the DLR stage 2 viper

WARNING
the DLR stage 2 viper will hurl you to 60 in the blink of an eye. if you test it have cheetah like reflexes
Thanks alot bud. It is great to hear good feedback of my Vipers. Mind you Stage 3 is still open. ;)
But I am testing it and doing setups and fine tuning. Thank you for your feedback, it was greatly appreciated.

Leonidae's Lotus Elan MTF '62 -

This car handle's good for only having S1's on it. And I know how fast this car is because
I have driven it before. The car is smooth and easy to drive:tup:. Not bad for an older car.

1'40.001

thank oyu very much! I'll put another classic up next. if you want to see which, go and check my gallery.

A good friend of mine races an EG Honda Civic SiR in Improved Production Touring Cars, you can check out the class at www.ipraqld.com

I have built a copy in GT4 as follows.

Rigidity cage
oil change
Stage 2 NA tune
Stage 1 weight reduction
chip
race exhaust, brakes & flywheel
single plate clutch
1 way LSD
S2 tyres

Full Custom Transmission:
1st gear - 3.23
2nd gear - 2.105
3rd gear - 1.458
4th gear - 1.034
5th gear - 0.787
Final - 4.785

Full Custom Racing Suspension:
(Front/Rear)
12.0/16.0 Springs
105/105 Ride Height
4/4 Bound
8/8 Rebound
3.5/1.5 Camber
0/0 Toe
4/2 Stabilizers
My best time at Tsukuba is 1:11.7

Can you post the transmission Auto-setting value??? I can't get those figures... :scared:

I've tried it with the standard transmission and managed 1'07.656 even though it understeers a lot...

Here is a car from me that is a little faster

Setup

Transmission

Gears -

Final -

Auto -

Maybe it's just me, but I can't manage to set the transmission to these values... If I set the value for 6th gear, 1st gear ends up with a range of values that don't match the one you posted... :crazy:

Thanks alot bud. It is great to hear good feedback of my Vipers. Mind you Stage 3 is still open. ;)
But I am testing it and doing setups and fine tuning. Thank you for your feedback, it was greatly appreciated.

not a problem i dont mind doing it and BTW im pretty hard to impress but stage 1 and 2 did impress me. also the elise i am working on is a motorsport elise

Ginetta G4

it is fully tuned, with nitrous, with R5 tires
it also has no wing

NITROUS-> 100

BRAKES-> 3/3

-SUSPENSION- (F/R)
Spring Rate, 15/2.1
Ride Height, 100/79
Shock Bound, 2/10
Shock Rebound, 10/2
Camber, 0/0
Toe, 0/0
Stabilizers, 1/4

-TRANSMISSION-
Auto, 6

-DRIVING AIDS-
ASM oversteer, 10
ASM understeer,10
TCS, 5

Downforce, 30/30

-LSD-
Initial, 10
Accel, 40
Decel, 20

-WEIGHT BALANCE-
Ballast Weight, X
front/rear balance, X

Ford Taurus SHO '93

it is fully tuned, no nitrous, with SN tires
it also has no wing

NITROUS-> X

BRAKES-> 3/3

-SUSPENSION- (F/R)
Spring Rate, 15/15
Ride Height, 186/186
Shock Bound, 10/10
Shock Rebound, 2/3
Camber, 2/2
Toe, 0/0
Stabilizers, 4/2

-TRANSMISSION-
Auto, 7

-DRIVING AIDS-
ASM oversteer, 5
ASM understeer, 5
TCS, 8

Downforce, X

-LSD-
Initial, 5
Accel, 20
Decel, 20

-WEIGHT BALANCE-
Ballast Weight, X
front/rear balance, X

Can you post the transmission Auto-setting value??? I can't get those figures... :scared:

I've tried it with the standard transmission and managed 1'07.656 even though it understeers a lot...

Hi Jose,

I can't remember what autoset i started with, but i manually adjusted all of the gears to get those exact ratios, because that is what my friend has in his car. I think he said the gearbox came out of a type R Integra.

1:07.6, is very fast for that car! I think i need more practice, a lot more practice. :dopey:

Hi Jose,

I can't remember what autoset i started with, but i manually adjusted all of the gears to get those exact ratios, because that is what my friend has in his car. I think he said the gearbox came out of a type R Integra.

1:07.6, is very fast for that car! I think i need more practice, a lot more practice. :dopey:

I've been trying all the cars you posted, because I love real life race cars, with real life limitations, like costs and maintenance. Only missed the Mirage, because I completely forgotten it, but I'll take for a drive too.

I'll try to find the auto-set that is capable of all those gear ratios. I'm also working on the suspension of your S13, since I really like it. You have a nice garage, with some nice choices. The Australian racing series, featuring the cars you posted seems very interesting. Wish Portugal had something similar... :indiff: An Open class with different cars, older cars or something like that... 👍

I've been trying all the cars you posted, because I love real life race cars, with real life limitations, like costs and maintenance. Only missed the Mirage, because I completely forgotten it, but I'll take for a drive too.

I'll try to find the auto-set that is capable of all those gear ratios. I'm also working on the suspension of your S13, since I really like it. You have a nice garage, with some nice choices. The Australian racing series, featuring the cars you posted seems very interesting. Wish Portugal had something similar... :indiff: An Open class with different cars, older cars or something like that... 👍

Jose, thanks for the feedback. :)

I enjoy building the cars, but i am hopeless at fine tuning the suspension set-up, so if you can come back with some better settings for the suspension, i'd really appreciate it.

That's why i haven't tried anyone else's cars yet. :guilty: Apart from a shortage of time to play & no credit in my GT4 bank account, i am a hopeless test driver. In real life my team get annoyed because i can't give decent feedback and they're left to guesstimate solutions. :nervous:

azevedojose
Maybe it's just me, but I can't manage to set the transmission to these values... If I set the value for 6th gear, 1st gear ends up with a range of values that don't match the one you posted... :crazy:

Move the final to 5.500, than move auto to 1. I do all of my cars this way.

Unless they've been tuned well. of course, one can't drive MR like he drives FR.. I'd say that closest FR match to an Elise would be MX-5/Miata'04

is anyone going to get around to my s14? i want to see what you guys like about it. I think what you are trying to say leonidae is that all MR cars have 5-% weight to the front which is entirely untrue, technically, a car with 50% weight to the front wether it be MR or FR will be able to be driven and feel no difference in ability or over/under steer
(power and settings set aside).

AngelCreator
(time from Infineon Raceway Sport Car)

Tulok's Nissan 240sx (s14) '96

I'm not sure but I could not get the horsepower to the spec's. But still it's a good car.
I feel it could be better, but it's got the potential to be fast. So it's a good start:tup:.

1'39.521

I did drive your car:).

Tulok buddy how about a race? Your S14 vs my Stage 3 Viper. :dunce:

PS: I am still doing your car.

Leonidae
guys, try to remember that Kent will announce when he wants to have competitions between these setups.

That will be fun when he does that:).

DLRgian
I'd love to :lol:. But I was joking about the challenge tulok. Maybe my Stage 2 would be closer in terms of performance foth the Cobra.

Yeah I know, and I guess it would depend on which tire's each car had on it.

If you guys are ready to start doing Tuner Challenges then just let me know the general direction you'd like to take the challenge.
I'd hate to setup a Touge 280 challenge just to find out you all wanted a high displacement high speed challenge.
In the mean time, feel free to run reviews and comparisons of cars thoughout the various garages. 👍

how about a AE86, miata, and civic challenge on that course? with a N tires restriction, and no more than 280hp :P
It would be awesome imo

Latest Posts

Back