Unpopular Motorsport Opinions

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,955 comments
Senna's death was a sad event yes, but in the long term it has been one of the best things that has happened to F1. The safety improvements since have meant that drivers like Kubica, Burti, Alonso, Webber, Diniz, Kovalainen etc are still alive and competing despite having horrific accidents in F1 that could have been fatal without the changes made in the wake of Ayrton's demise.
I... don't think this should be an unpopular opinion. Same thing can be said for when Jules Bianchi died, because it was the catalyst for F1 to introduce the Halo, and that has saved quite a lot of drivers up to this point, especially Romain Grosjean in 2020.

Stroll's reaction following his China incident, prove the guy is delirious and out of touch with reality.

He only has a seat at Aston Martin for the most obvious reason, and I seriously doubt any other team would consider him an option, unless he had millions in funding

Stroll's reaction following his China incident, prove the guy is delirious and out of touch with reality.

He only has a seat at Aston Martin for the most obvious reason, and I seriously doubt any other team would consider him an option, unless he had millions in funding
Is that really unpopular though? if anything, I'd argue its even more popular then its ever been.

What's funny is that if you consider finishing positions at the end of the year. 2023 was Stroll's best year in F1 so far, finishing 10th.

But... yeah, the Aston is capable of more than he gets out of it, for sure. But still, over 200 career points and 3 podiums is more than a lot of drivers get in their time driving an F1 car.

I'm sure Stroll would be a good asset in Aston Martin's WEC program though, maybe he could see some more success on the sports car side of things. Gio winning Le Mans with his co-drivers was perfect for him and I shed a tear lol. He was so loyal to Ferrari and despite not being good enough for a main team drive, he was able to help them win a very historic victory over in the WEC.

Last edited:
What's funny is that if you consider finishing positions at the end of the year. 2023 was Stroll's best year in F1 so far, finishing 10th.

But... yeah, the Aston is capable of more than he gets out of it, for sure. But still, over 200 career points and 3 podiums is more than a lot of drivers get in their time driving an F1 car.

I'm sure Stroll would be a good asset in Aston Martin's WEC program though, maybe he could see some more success on the sports car side of things. Gio winning Le Mans with his co-drivers was perfect for him and I shed a tear lol. He was so loyal to Ferrari and despite not being good enough for a main team drive, he was able to help them win a very historic victory over in the WEC.
I actually agree with this. Stroll might not be a nice option for F1, but he could maybe thrive in the WEC!

Back