Vice City Record Book V3.0

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 2,075 comments
Holy Shizzle! Over 2000 levels...That's freaking amazing! :eek:

Holy guacamole! Under 4:00! My best run certainly had a few mistakes in it but I figured maybe 4-6 secs worth of mistakes. I never even considered breaking 4 mins. Anyway here is my stats thingy, I just hit 's' while scrolling stats in game and then attached that file.
Ps. Grats for that insane 2000 plus vig lvls:eek:
pps. Got up to 126 vig lvl with car ( vice cheetah) before I got so tired I had a brain freeze and forgot to get back into the car quick enough, shoulda paused it and rested up a bit ;) Truth is, the reason I've been focusing on the vigs with cars is that I suxor with the hunter :embarrassed:

Attachments

• grand theft auto vice city stats.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 18
Went back and tried my best, had one really nice run where I trimmed off 3 secs from my previous best, so I'm at 4:08 now, still light-years off from 3:56:eek:

Hey Spuds, what do you say that when we both get to 200,000 kills (which should be pretty much unatainable by other people) we revel are secret methods of killing, with screenshots and everything?

That's why I'm here--to ruin this game for everyone.

In fact I get no joy in playing anymore, just from torturing all of you :lol:

Yeah, I was planning on revealing my method and spot at 200,000 anyway. The method can be used in several areas with good results, it just seems to work best where I use it and the location is good for other reasons too. Hopefully I'll be letting the cat out of the bag in about 3 or 4 more weeks (need about 20-25 hours of play (kill) time to reach 200,000).

Then I will turn my attention into ruining the game for the street race people :D

Spuds

LOL :D I never thought that the 4 min mark could be broken either but when I saw I had like 3 min and forty something seconds when I was in Little Havana... :eek: I was really pushing it. One tip I could give you is to keep on the right of the racing pack at the start, by the time you reach the first turn you should be slightly in front of the Banshee, when you make the turn the Banshee will nudge you on the rear left side sending you into a spin, keep control of the car and you'll remain in front of the usual mess that the CPU cars make there. It may not seem so but that alone can save you plenty of time in the long run, the rest is pretty much just luck, you must be exceptional at weaving in between traffic, going not just to the sides of the road but squeezing in between both lanes... it's pretty challenging. :mischievous:
I remember jumping over two PCJs when I leaped off the bridge by the Pizza Restaurant, was that ever cool! :lol:

Then I will turn my attention into ruining the game for the street race people

Bring it on I say! :lol: I always like a challenge when it comes to racing, even more if it's street racing. :mischievous:

Yeah, but you'd have to fly really low, and the Hunter would probably eventually blow up...it's possible, but it'd take a long time, that's my guess.

Originally posted by Spuds725
Then I will turn my attention into ruining the game for the street race people :D

Spuds

Oh! so after you get to 200,000 kills you'll stop killing? :mischievous:

Nah, just kidding i'm only killing about 1000-2000 people a day lately so i'll get there when i get there, but yeah i'll stop after 200,000 also then mabye i'll try some racing too! :D

Originally posted by Acidman
Oh! so after you get to 200,000 kills you'll stop killing? :mischievous:

Nah, just kidding i'm only killing about 1000-2000 people a day lately so i'll get there when i get there, but yeah i'll stop after 200,000 also then mabye i'll try some racing too! :D

I won't stop til my CR is 1,000,000--- and there better be a Godfather ranking or I'm gonna be pissed---and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!!!:mad:

Stats updated.

Ahh a newbie (just kidding).

There is a game glitch with the helicopters (sea sparrow and Hunter). Minigun shots fired by the helicopter don't show up in the stats but the shots that hit do. So as your hits stat goes above your fired stat your accuracy goes up. I "kill" in the hunter almost exclusively so thats why my accuracy is over 200%.

You can also park the helicopter in front of a blown up car (in a no traffic spot--field behind sunshine autos is good) and tape down the fire button. Depending on your number of shots fired your accuracy will go up pretty fast--it fires about 50,000 rounds per hour so if you have 50,000 shots fired, you will raise it by 100% per hour.

Does anyone know if the glitch exists in the PC version?? or was it a PS2 mistake only.

Spuds.

Originally posted by Spuds725
Ahh a newbie (just kidding).

There is a game glitch with the helicopters (sea sparrow and Hunter). Minigun shots fired by the helicopter don't show up in the stats but the shots that hit do. So as your hits stat goes above your fired stat your accuracy goes up. I "kill" in the hunter almost exclusively so thats why my accuracy is over 200%.

You can also park the helicopter in front of a blown up car (in a no traffic spot--field behind sunshine autos is good) and tape down the fire button. Depending on your number of shots fired your accuracy will go up pretty fast--it fires about 50,000 rounds per hour so if you have 50,000 shots fired, you will raise it by 100% per hour.

Does anyone know if the glitch exists in the PC version?? or was it a PS2 mistake only.

Spuds.
I don't know if that glitch has been fixed in the PC version. Rockstar has probably released a patch fixing it though.

You can't patch PS2 games, so glitches are there to stay.

You can't patch PS2 games, so glitches are there to stay.

Yeah, unfortunately for Rockstar, most of their games seem to have some glitches (more than most games) still embedded in them...I wonder if they leave them there for people to find?

Ocean Beach Chopper Checkpoint - 1:40
Vice Point Chopper Checlpoint - 1:38

KM.

Attachments

• coptercheckpoint.jpg
    coptercheckpoint.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 105
Updated--

I haven't played much this week-only a few thousand kills-- my stats are not up to date (I didn't write them down).

I get a chance to play today for about 2 hours and of course there are a bunch of thunderstorms around--too risky.:banghead:

I haven't been at it much at all lately, but this last night I had another few goes at vc endurance, managed to get it down to 4:03:)
I also noticed that it says in game the length of the race, so I whipped out my calculator to figure average speed over the course of the race (6.1 miles for vc endurance). For my current best time it comes to about 90.37 mph and for the record holder at 3:56 it comes to 93.13 mph, not bad for a street race :mischievous:
Too bad we don't have (at least the option of) speedometers and tachometers in the display, like a setting you could turn on or off...

I updated your record--I prefer a screenshot of your stats please. I was just messing around with my PC and its real ez to make screenshots on PC.

GO to your stats screen and bring up your record. Push the print screen button on your keyboard, go to MS paint or another picture program and paste-your screen shot end up in the program as a BMP file (which is large) save it as a jpeg file if you can otherwise save it as a gif file. Attach this file to message--clear as mud.

Here is an example ( I shrank it obviously)

Attachments

• slick2.gif
    slick2.gif
    63.7 KB · Views: 89
I haven't got to play since wednesday. I'm working nights right now and had to work on one of my days off so I'm on the last night of a string working 6 of the last 7 nights on 12 hour shifts. My schedule is much easier the next week.

I had a chance to play on thurs night -- we had power but it was flickering occasionally (we live on the edge of the the blackout area) so I couldn't play. I had another chance sat afternoon before I came into work--Thunderstorm. I didn't write my stats down but I'm around 136,500 kills.

Back