Vice City Record Book V3.0

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 2,075 comments
Yes - the stats include shots fired - and hit - by others.

No rounds from the Sea Sparrow or Hunter count as rounds fired, but those that hit do count as shots that hit (say that three times fast :D).

I collected 98 Hidden Packages, whipped the Sea Sparrow, parked up in the Film Studio and mullered the Patriot - shots which hit a destroyed vehicle also count.

I noticed that with 0 shots fired you have a 0% accuracy - you must fire a shot to register a percentage. Mine was:

Shots Fired: 1
Shots that hit: 10,000
Accuracy: 1,000,000%

My game status was 8% complete - as I had only collected the packages.

Also, on the topic of shooting things, I believe that KGs of explosives used is actually how many times you have fired the Rocket Launcher.

Has anyone ever said this before?

I think grenades also count in kg of explosives - as do those barrels at the mansion (on the roof) that you can blow up).

I've just finished the first 17 rampages (all of east island). There are two rocket launcher rampages in those 17, and I've apparently used 35 kgs of explosive.

I'll keep an eye on it...

Just check stuff out:

Barrels do not count towards KGs of explosives used, but Grenades and Rockets do.

I stood by some gang members as they were shooting at a cop, and my shots fired did go up.

Max insane jump height-- 493 meters :D --

I was showing my brother in law how to do a superjump and the first one I got shot me straight up in the air.

I will post a screenshot later this week-- all the superjump records are mine.

Everyone,

Since lately there has been a marked decrease in the number of records submitted I'm thinking of abolishing the ranking system since unless someone really works at it, it will take a long time for the top rankings to be reached and/or change.

I don't want people to think I was adding categories to benefit myself in the rankings but in addition to this I was going to add categories into the recordbook so it reflects all stats in the game that don't have a maximum.

I was also going to add the fewest and most categories that I polled a while back (wasted, busted, etc) as well as a section for stats obtained via glitches (Like accuracy in a <100 % completed game)--

I'm sure when GTA:SA comes out there will be even less interest in this recordbook so I will likely get a mod to sticky this recordbook because I believe these should at least be visible to see on this forum-- alot of the records should at least warrant a "Wow!!" by new visitors. I will continue to moderate the records for as long as I keep coming here so I will continue to update it if people keep submitting records.

If anyone really has a problem with any of this please let me know.

I will likely start and maintain a GTA:SA record book but likely not until the game has been out a few months as there would likely be way too many submissions and changes early on for anyone to be able to keep up

Spuds.

I have two <10% games I started the other week... Those records WILL be mine. Oh yes... :D

Should be able to finish it up in a few days,

CR - 1354571
People Wasted - 584308

Also, Spuds, are you done with the competitive aspect of Vice City for good now?

I'm still trying to beat some of my times in races and stuff (I think I can shave a little more off "the driver" and "alloy" and I would like to see what kind of times I can get in the races if I could just run one of them cleanly (I'm all over the road)-- I also want to try and improve my score in the shooter but I seem to be getting worse at that one.

but I'm pretty much done with it I think---- I'm gonna see what happens if I put a game other the vice city in my PS2-- it will probably start smoking. ;)

Updated--

Check/post your media attn Acidman...

I haven't played in about a week or more. But my interest comes in waves, so I'll probably get some more serious playing done some time soon.

Trying to beat my race times has gotten frustrating. I'd love to get a really good time on VC Endurance but goddamn it makes me angry. I get pissed off easily with games and I'm afraid I'm gonna throw my TV or PS2 out the window or something.

I'm also at about 74000 kills so I'd like to at least get back on the record book for that sometime.

But I'm not too bothered about Vice City at the moment.

KM.

I think I spoke too soon in that PM when I said that my Media Attention was about 6190. I just came off a 4000 killing spree and now it's exactly 6469. :D

I won't post my CR and People Wasted stats right now for two reasons:

1. I'm not done killing for the day. I'll kill at least 3000 more.
2. I forgot to write them down...

Anyway, I have no objection to getting rid of the VC Rankings as it's only Spuds, KM, Famine (Sometimes) and I who seem to still be playing.

I had a feeling you would get that one back--if for anything, you've used that method so much-- screen shot please (but no hurry on that--post it when you put up your 600,000 pic if its more convenient)

--updated (again)

Spuds

**EDIT**

I added the other categories to the recordbook-- several empty categories now.

Rankings removed-- in case anyone is curious, KM is still the leader.

ps KM.. I listed your accuracy in the <100% category-- lemme know if you were past 100% when you raised it and I'll move it if needed.

Spuds.

Originally posted by Spuds725
ps KM.. I listed your accuracy in the <100% category-- lemme know if you were past 100% when you raised it and I'll move it if needed.

Spuds.

Nah, that's fine. From what I remember, my accuracy was way down from 4000% or so by the time I got to 100% completion. It was at less than 1000% anyway. It's now at about 400% or so.

KM.

Considering the Sea Sparrow / Hunter glitch and how easy it is to cheat that stat, I don't think most "serious" Vice City players consider the accuracy stat all that meaningful anyway. I have felt somehow "embarrassed" by it in the sense that all I did was aim a Sea Sparrow at a Packer, tape down the fire button and go to bed and record the stat a day later. I don't think that compares with real records like how many kills, headshots, gang members, criminals etc. you've knocked up or Sunshine Auto race times, Dirtring times, Bloodring kills, checkpoint times, etc., etc.. All of which require actual effort and dedication to beat.

KM.

After you stop (or at least pause :lol: ) again-- make sure you update your other stats too (Kgs explosives, helis, etc)-- at least the ones you are 1st in.

And you should actually post your entire stat record in the stat thread above--I think I'm about ready to do that since I'm more or less done-- I never did it before since I didn't want to have to update it.

Updated--

Spuds

Here we are:

600000.jpg

im000844.jpg

A full update and posting of stats to come later tonight or tommorow.

Cone crazy: 8 seconds.

Also the doubling money for cone crazy has some weird glitch.

THe progression went as follows

$419,430,400
$838,860,800
$1,677,721,600
Then it got weird--started subtracting money

$ -939,524,096
$ - 1,879,048,192

then it went positive again

$536,870,912
$1,073,741,824
was the last one and is in my screenshot

Attachments