Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,331 comments
I'm surprised that they went with Autopolis for the WTC 900 event instead of the one at Le Mans that they just added in the update last week.

Same goes for the Schwarzwald event. They just added a new one at High Speed Ring, but they are using the St Croix race instead.

🤷‍♂️
Maybe they figure most players would have been doing those events recently, as they're new, so bring back some old events that people might not have done in a while.

Europe (and pretty much the remainder of the world outside the US) uses the DD/MM/YYYY format (smallest to largest). Only in the US do we do it "backwards."
Nope. The Japanese do it backwards. You do it contrary.

From the top of my head, I think I'll drive the Ruf CTR3 at the Scharwzwald event, the Golf GTi 83 at the Europen Sunday Cup, and the Mclaren F1 GTR longtail at Autopolis Gr2.

If I have the disposition I'll try another hot hatch for the European Sunday Cup and also customize and tune a GTR for the Nissan event.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Spring Forward

Another fresh set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges is becoming available to players as their local time zones tick over into Friday morning, bringing five more events and bonus rewards for completing them over the next seven days...

I’m sure someone is getting a kick out of what they are doing with the special events, but for me they are a wasted opportunity.

The entire weeklies are tbh.

Last edited:
I sure someone is getting a kick out of what they are doing with the special events, but for me they are a wasted opportunity.

The entire weeklies are tbh.
Im going to enjoy this weeks races, but still totally agree. These weeklies are a perfect way to showcase certain cars and tracks that are rarely used, yet PD seems perfectly content to give people regular repeats, unexciting events, and use the same tracks over and over.

Just with the tracks there are so many unique layouts that have never been utilized, and when it comes to the cars... same thing. Everything seems to boil down to 5-6-700 PP road cars and GR classes.

So many wasted opportunities. It seems like they are not only putting little thought into these races, but the repeats feel especially lazy and almost against the wishes of the fanbase. It has to be very easy to make an event for the game, but they seem to be unable to put much thought into making new unique races, or utilizing existing races that contain details that haven't been used already.

I love the game, but can't ignore the nonsense.

Race 4 - Porsche VGT Spyder - put RS and went on AutĂłdromo catching other not-from-this-world "toys"... Spyder has monstrous acceleration from zero to max, but not so good brakes, so it's difficult to get used. With many too late braking and going out of track, I finished second, which is ok.

18ea8a880c09-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 5 - tried with many different cars, but couldn't get in the top 3. 350km and best place 4th.
First time I didn't make it to do all five events within their requirements.

18eaadeaaaa59-screenshotUrl.jpg

I just did the R4 event stock on dirt tyres... won by 1.7s just staying in 3rd gear the whole way :lol:
Sounds like a riveting race. 🥱

I think I will skip this weeks events and play some of the new races that came with 1.44.

Last edited:
Easy races this week, not great to see the Schwarzwald League race back that we had less than a month ago though. Several you can be way under the PP limit and win easily, Autopolis was really easy too with the TS030 on RH, didn't pit and won by over 20 seconds. 5 star ticket gave me 500k.

This weeks cars:
full

How do you get so high up in your pictures? Are you using VR? I feel like I can only get maybe 25 feet above the track with the standard controls.
With walk camera and R2.
It doesn't always want to go that high...

Last edited:
I went back last night to the Laguna Seca WTC700 race, first with the Renault Megane Gr.4, then with the BMW VGT. I wanted to run these two as I'd just made fresh new liveries for them both...

Renault Megane Gr.4 was a challenge, and one which I failed quite badly at! At first I thought I could just attempt a no-stopper and fuel save to the end. Fuel use was fine and my lap times were slightly chipping away at the front-runners, slowly coming down lap after lap from 24+s to under 19s at lap 6 - when I realised that a pit stop was inevitable, purely because of the way that FF monsters the front tyres! So I pitted at the end of lap 6 from 9th place, exiting the pits in P17... I fought back through the field as other pitted around me but ended up making some mistakes in the last lap and ended P9 after climbing up to P6 briefly.

Not satisfied with that, I tried out the BMW VGT. A completely different experience in so many ways! Fuel economy is so good that I could run at FM2 (FM5 in the Renault previously, short-shifting) and easily have enough fuel for the full 10 laps. And, unlike the Renault, this thing is really easy on tyres, so a no-stop was entirely viable! Not only that, but at 699PP I was able to carve through the field in 4 laps, and take the lead and keep lapping 1:26's all the way through to the end of the race, where I finished about 48s ahead of second place.

Looking forward to getting some new experiences in this week's races. I bought one of the "Special Picks" R4's last night before I logged off, to replace the many-miles car I previously had two of, which will become a rally-spec R4 when I log on tonight or tomorrow.

For the rest of the races, I'll use my old favourite kudosprime random car selector to pick the cars...
  • European Sunday Cup 500: Ferrari 512B '76
  • Nissan GT-R Cup: R32 GT-R V-Spec II '94
  • Schwarzwald League: Porsche 911 Turbo (930)
  • WTC 900 Autopolis: Audi VGT

Reserve cars (or just second round cars):

• European Sunday Cup 500: KTM X-Bow R '12
  • Nissan GT-R Cup: GT-R Nismo '17
  • Schwarzwald League: Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01
  • WTC 900 Autopolis: Audi R18 '16

Last edited:
What car to use for autopolis? Can I use any of the 3 modern gt500 cars?

Did the other 4 events already.

Btw, PD should make the special events permanent after a few weeks. Why not take advantage that you have everything ready and increase the number of events.

Took me a while to think about this, but: does PD even need updates to deliver new events? I mean we don't get an update every week but get special events on the weeklys...

I really HATE this new set of Weekly Challenges. On the Renault R4 GTL Limited-time special event, I can't even win the race. :(
Stay in third gear the whole way. There's two bad jumps that you should aim to take square-on, and keep the inside line and shortest path where possible.

The first open chicane, before the first bad jump, is critical - you can sacrifice some entry speed to ensure the straightest possible line through the second corner, then aim to cross the jump dead perpendicular and head back to the inside up the hill.

Back