Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,196 comments
Will they continue to use existing special events for specific models like TT, Urus, Jimny, Superbird, Afeela, Civic, R4, Model 3, etc. in their weekly challenges?

I’m not criticizing this. Rather, I would prefer it.
These events are a great opportunity to use cars like the R4 and Afeela that we don't normally use, and I hope to make decals and livery for these events in time.
If there comes a time when these events are no longer used in the Weekly Challenge, then I'd rather they remain as a permanent event in an update.

Race 5 - GT-R NISMO GT3 '18 - my choice of car drops on this Nissan. At the lap 2 it started heavy rain, pitted immediately on lap 3 to IM and fueled up. AI didn't pit and I catch them going 5kmh :D
When they finally reached the pits, I have already overtake them all and put to FM 6. It holded to end, before which AI pitted once more, due sun came out at lap 9. Got the 5 star ticket, from which I got 100k.

18f7fedf15259-screenshotUrl.jpg

My picks:

American FR Challenge 550: Chevrolet Camaro SS ‘16

Pickup Truck Race: Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

Special Event: Plymouth Superbird

World Rally Challenge Gr.B: Hyundai Genesis Gr.B Rally Car

Super Formula: SF19/Toyota

It’s interesting how three of the five events - barring the Special Event - seem to have relatively limited selections. Still, I’d be interested in acquiring over 800k credits any day.

Last edited:
FWIW I don't think I've done that race yet, so the fact that it's part of this week's challenges will be a nice way to further my event completion rate.
I may be in the same boat... a little more motivation to finish this event (but I've done part of the SF races so maybe not)

I may be in the same boat... a little more motivation to finish this event (but I've done part of the SF races so maybe not)
For what it's worth, I'm totally down for the 500k just for completing the last of the five challenges. Plus the right-most race for these challenges typically pays at least 100k credits for P1, so by doing all five, I think that's at least 1m credits even if you don't get any clean race bonuses.

For what it's worth, I'm totally down for the 500k just for completing the last of the five challenges. Plus the right-most race for these challenges typically pays at least 100k credits for P1, so by doing all five, I think that's at least 1m credits even if you don't get any clean race bonuses.
I get that, but I don't need that much credits anymore. So if I already achieved this event, I may skip it.

The SF race at Road Atlanta isn't that tough. Probably one of the easiest SF races in the game. For some reason I can't remember the Gr.B race at Willow Springs. It's one of my least favorite tracks in the game, but I don't think it was that tough to beat. It's certainly no Neo-Classic race at Willow Springs. Thats a tough race.

I feel so strongly about this I felt the need to create an account to complain: why in god's name is there another ****ing Superbird weekly challenge. The car is an ugly piece of trash that's terrible to drive. Why not make a challenge with the new Chevelle or something? This complaint also goes for the Tesla Model 3

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it required to have the Super Formula Menu Book done to do the SF race at Road Atlanta?
I'm currently stuck in that Menu Book because of the Fuji race i can't win (or even make it on the podium).

Is it required to have the Super Formula Menu Book done to do the SF race at Road Atlanta?
I'm currently stuck in that Menu Book because of the Fuji race i can't win (or even make it on the podium).
From memory you only need to have started it so you’re good to go!

From the article:

"That leaves this week’s big-money event, in the Super Formula series. You’ll need to unlock this event — by reaching Collector Level 31 and starting the Super Formula Menu Book — in order to access it. Naturally you’re limited to either of the two SF19 or SF23 models, with Racing Tires required."

So, @Islaygaz is correct.

Going again with the good old Kudosprime random selection...

American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59 (yikes!)
Pickup Truck Race - Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (I'll probably use my swapped one for giggles).
Plymouth Superbird One-Make - errr... maybe the Superbird?
World Rally Challenge Gr.B - Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car
Super Formula - SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19

Nice to know there's another 800k cr coming into my balance from these! Needing all the credits I can get to finish off my car collection...

Race 1 was pretty easy in a stock Mustang, getting Solis on the last turn last lap for the win
20969970416840740.jpg

Race 2 stock ford, slap on some dirt tyres and easy win
20970748223382210.jpg

Race 3 keeping CM tyres on makes this race more fun but the AI have better gearing than stock so I gave the superbird a quick gear tune
20970873819343639.jpg

Race 4 was my favourite, a quick suspension tune and 1 stop FM1 on RH tyres, I actually had the AI using different pit strategies and fight for positions in corners
20969985131679660.jpg

Haven't done Race 5 as ran out of time this morning to complete it all

Going again with the good old Kudosprime random selection...

American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Racer Concept '59 (yikes!)
Pickup Truck Race - Toyota Tundra TRD Pro (I'll probably use my swapped one for giggles).
Plymouth Superbird One-Make - errr... maybe the Superbird?
World Rally Challenge Gr.B - Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car
Super Formula - SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19

Nice to know there's another 800k cr coming into my balance from these! Needing all the credits I can get to finish off my car collection...
It turns out the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept isn't eligible for the American FR Challenge, so I ended up using the Camaro ZL1 1LE, which demolished the field with CRB.

Colorado Springs in the Lexus GT500-swapped Tundra was a cake walk. Won by over 7s, but no CRB on this one.

I used my stock brown Plymouth for this and enjoyed it so much, I decided to take it to the livery editor and give it a Levi's livery and take it back for another round. Won by miles the second time around with CRB (first time one of the AI braked so heavily into a turn I clipped it).

Three done, two to go.

My thoughts going into this round of weeklies:

1715955626501.png

It turns out the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept isn't eligible for the American FR Challenge, so I ended up using the Camaro ZL1 1LE, which demolished the field with CRB.

Colorado Springs in the Lexus GT500-swapped Tundra was a cake walk. Won by over 7s, but no CRB on this one.

I used my stock brown Plymouth for this and enjoyed it so much, I decided to take it to the livery editor and give it a Levi's livery and take it back for another round. Won by miles the second time around with CRB (first time one of the AI braked so heavily into a turn I clipped it).

Three done, two to go.
It's purely academic (and ineligible for the event) at this point, but you should try @praiano63 's tune for the 59 Corvette racecar. His work saved that car from the junkyard.

Last edited:
Back