What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,983 comments
I did the hypercar parade twice then did the vision race at interlagos, for the daily workout got a Bugatti invite so I bought Veyron in blue and the vision Bugatti not the GR.1 the other one. And just need the Chiron for the Bugatti menu book and did a few races to.

Last edited:
Just ran the new R8 at Tokyo and it can stomp it with a no-stop strategy. Add a stage 2 weight reduction, full aero kit, reduce it's power and at rear wing downforce to get it to 599.88pp (ish). You'll slow on the main straight but seconds faster if you and get your turning down properly. On SH tyres I managed to go the first four/five laps on FM1 and the rest of the race was FM6. Easy victory by 30s+

I did something completely free of honor or credits today.
I was lucky. No queue at the ticket office and nobody around me (not a weekend) 😅
1000010284.jpg

tourist layout

Cheers
M

On the GTP account, I spent entirely too much time redoing the last 3 races at Grand Valley. First was the "easy" American Sunday Cup 600, done in 6:49 with a 2015 Ford Mustang GT after I found the Ford Shelby GT350R a little too fast for a competitive race. The per-hour payout isn't bad for a Sunday Cup, at 590,000 Cr./hour.,

It is virtually impossible to win the Gr.1 Prototype Series with a stock Gr.1 car, as both the 2016 Audi R18 and the 2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP are too slow. I settled on a Mazda LM55 VGT. It works on either a 1-stop (with tire change) or no-stop (FM3) strategy, though the 16:15 minutes it takes on the one-stop strategy leaves the 880,000 Cr./hour grind a bit light.

In the Race of Turbo Sports Cars, if you get the manic Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm (driven by Murdoch this time instead of Gallo), especially near the front, either restart or be in a Gr.4 machine. Neither the 2017 Ford GT nor the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo can fully reel in the Giulia, and it took many, many restarts once I switched to the Honda NSX Gr.4 to get the Alfa to start near the front (2nd in the final race). I was able to get by on the 4th lap and get an 8-second win in 10:11, but the effort for 790,000 Cr./hour is too demanding.

The 4-star Wheel of Despair wasn't exactly worth it, as I got the Hellcat Safety Car. At least the 55,910 Cr. I got for it from Andi was better than either of the cash prizes showing (10,000 Cr. and 30,000 Cr.), and it was the most-valuable prize on the Wheel.

I finally got in some Sardegna grinding on the Plus account, with the Lexus SC430 GT500. I shouldn't have bothered, as the 3-star Wheel of Despair puked up a 2008 Nissan Fairlady Z, sold for 14,280 Cr.

I’ve been driving racing sims since the ‘90s and I’m very competitive, if you tried to race me to a corner, you were gonna lose, guaranteed I would beat you to every sand trap, runoff or wall (pretty sure I hold the record for 1st lap eliminations).
It took me 30 years to learn that the best my car is going to perform is in qualifying with new tires and a clean track. The only change I make to my brake points is to break earlier when tires wear. It’s very refreshing to still be in a race on lap 2.

A used a tip today at The Glen that I got on this forum, I’m just doing drive-throughs on the mandatory pit.

3 months in ( I got GT in Dec.) no podiums but, I’m no longer in the bottom 3rd.

IMG_0080.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I got really upset about the slow pace of the default AI.
(not even max) Chilli AI of Maggiore Gr.3 will do around 1m57s (on medium, which means ~ +2s on hard, which the other cars will default to)
Default AI Gr.3 same track
1712143092599.png

Default AI Gr.2 same track
1712143116114.png

I took the 962 to the 900 pp LeMans race. Tried to work on a livery for GTOne but it looked terrible so I just downloaded one 🤣. Got 30k cr from a 🌟🌟🌟🌟🎫

Did the WTC 900 at Le Mans with the LM55. The wheel gave me a 4* not worth to open.

Finally I watched my replay from the S10 license with the 917K at Spa which I golded on 28-07-2023.
I have to come back from time to time to remember the torture and to make sure that it's really done 😅

I didn't play yesterday so today ran 15 laps of Sardinia in the Merc CLK as a starter. Won a BMW i3 on the wheel, not a car I would buy normally so haven't chopped it in.
Would have done more but my daughter told me she hadn't completed her weekly challenge. So dropped onto her account, Laguna Sec wtc700 to complete. She'd not managed better than a 7th place so far so I had a look at her cars, not much close to 700pp, couple of 800pp cars a few VGT cars. Tried in a Mazda VGT failed miserably having dumped it in the gravel on the left right kink (it's a car I'd never driven before anf don't fancy driving again) where I ended up backwards in the wall on the gravel facing uphill, this then ment I had to fight wheel spin off the wall up hill in virtually zero grip. Recovery took me to the back of the grid. I restarted.
BMW M3 07 road car that's been tuned and I've seen it go round the Nurburg Ring, I took this out as a weapon of choice, on racing softs it came in about 689pp, softer than I expected and easier on tyres than I expected also, ran well for 4 laps and I was just behind the leaders but needed fuel, missed the pit lane, ran out of fuel...... Restarted.
Ran again stretched the fuel out to single stop on softs and took the lead on lap 8 when those that hadn't stopped before took on fuel . 110k for the race and my daughter got an Audi VGT endurance racer, upped her collector level by two levels, unlocked WTC900 series for her. She got 5k off a 3* ticket.

Today I spent more time with the Fuji/GT One TT combo with no push into the golden zone yet.

Also I sold my Lamborghini Countach 25th anniversary, and bought a RUF and a Porsche 918 Spyder.

That completed the Porsche extra menu and my reward was a Mazda Rx 7 engine.

That wasn't a lovely GT7 day.

-Fully modified my Aventador and took it to Spa
-Fully modified my MC20 and took it to the Red Bull Ring
-Fully modified my Lexus LC500 and took it to Nurburgring GP
-Fully modified my BMW M2 and took it to Deep Forest, which was a mistake
-Fully modified my Shelby Cobra and took it to Maggiore, which was also a mistake
-Fully modified my 2JZ swapped Silvia S15 and took it to Watkins Glen
-Sold a bunch of cars I didn't want to fund my tuning bonanza

I have restarted the game on a New account. Its a much better game now, Still pretty linear but new cars and tracks Make it better.

Also, I am obeying PP limite. So I wont get past the recommend PP or the number from the events title. Makes It so much better than Just blasting through It with a OP car

Finished up the weekly playlist used the M3 for the Luguna Seca race and got the 6 star ticket and got the Renault RS.01 16 I do have the GT3 version but not this one and now just racing at trial mountain to get my daily workout done

Attachments

• IMG_8287.jpeg
    IMG_8287.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 4
I spent entirely too much time on the GTP account finding reliable and relatively-cheap winners at the two Route X races. For the American Clubman Cup 600, I settled on the 2019 Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1, turning a 5:12 lap for the equivalent of 255,000 Cr/hour. For the Clubman Club Plus, the GAC Maverick, with the required SS tires, added high-RPM turbo, racing exhaust, full-custom computer, and racing transmission auto-set to 450 km/h (for a deceptively-low PP of 705.37), dealt with the field in 4:28, netting about 705,000 Cr./hour.

Naturally, I got a 3-star Wheel of Despair bearing the 2nd-low-showing/2nd-lowest-legal 10,000 Cr. As it was almost midnight, and there's a surprise maintenance at 1 am, I passed on doing the Plus account again.

I picked up 2,000,000 Cr. for golding the Daytona TT - my first hat-trick of golds 🥇🥇🥇, but probably my last for a very long time. Daytona TT was something of a gimme, so it feels like a bit of a freebie 2 mil, but I'm not complaining!

That allowed me to buy all 3 Ferrari invite cars again, so I now have two of each - one will be kept completely stock, and the others I'll use to modify/tune. I also bought a second Toyota GT-One, for the same reason. After that I had zero cash left, so I did the WTC700 at Le Mans to refill the bank a bit 😅

-

The other night I tried the (new?) WTC900 race at Le Mans and was disappointed to find that the CRB criteria different (tougher) than the WTC700. Although I enjoyed the race, it will not be one I go back to often - 35 mins for 400,000 Cr. instead of 30-32 mins for 875,000 Cr.? It's a shame because the WTC900 was fun, but it's a no-brainer to avoid it if the CRB is lost through minor contact when it isn't in the WTC700 equivalent.

Today was a poxy and very bad Session for a long time:

Logged onto the game and did some tweaks to my TS020 livery before the TT.
Got payout for Chappreel Daytona Gold at 2million.
Tried to do the Fuji TT but just wasnt getting a good groove, maybe thursday blues, dunno. In time maybe there will be improvements.
Tried out the Mclaren Suzuka TT and only got abronze so far, that car track combo is mentally frustrating/challenging.

This is where everyhtng went ape**** (tits up), tried to do the Daily Race C and was kinda fun until it became rammer central on Watkins Glen, cud not get a good pace and tyre wear for my Lexus, so just did that once.

I overall started at A and S ranking respectfully, did 3 races at good ol' Catalunya, two times with my Jag F-type Gr.3 and the last with a Porsche RSR, Jag had good pace despite everytime I lost ranking due to sum moronic imbecile racer, it got worser over my playtime. Especially an idiot with the username: Falco2k, avoid this guy at all costs, he just rams and doesn't care about any race. My rank now feel to a poxy C B in rating. Terrible.

Such a shame that PD cant fix a useless penalty old system from GTSport, as I got numerous pit lane crossing errors despite not doing so or the AI control was drifting that tracks pitlane exit, and colliding penalties punishing me, despite them not being affected at all when they hit me lol, double standard anyone.

Almost left a sad sour taste right before the new Online qualifiers are coming for the World Series in GT7. I'll keep on chugging, but this "Penalty issue" and "rammers need to be kicked if they do it more than once" has to be rectified by PD asap. Sanctions need to be put in place of constant rammers. Maybe.

Last edited:
I did the new 900 event. 10 laps for 400K because my boredom set in after the three laps I'm used to and CRB was lost in a turn on lap 8 when I was 1+ minute ahead. No rain was a surprise. I forgot to check if this 787B had wets so I was wondering if I would lose because of tire selection. My RH's and Fuel Map 6 kept me out of the pits anyway. Probably not going to rerun based on everyone's CRB comments. 40 minutes was a long time at one track for me.

Next thing to be annoyed, this bug still exists, never mind it only affects this race and certian few cars it seems:

1712297519389.png
1712297653356.png

Also, one AI car had really almost outdone the pitting strategy ond could have pulled a no-stopper:
1712297879382.png

This car is nearly a cheat code. I can win almost any races with it.
What did I do? I got rear ended by a Viper. LoL

Only drove it once at LeMans and yeah, it’s on rails. I like it but I think I enjoy the 787b and the other Group C cars a lot more. The GT One just feels almost unrealistically good haha. I can take that corner even faster?! I don’t even have to brake I can just lift off?! Very cool car, even cooler would have been the TOYOTA 7.

I could only manage 3 second places in the new Weekly Challenge races thus far, but each time I picked a car that made it quite challenging to win, so I was happy to pick up the 100,000 Cr. bonus in spite of not winning a race. And for my trouble, I got a 4* ticket which paid out 500,000 Cr. - nice way to start a Friday night :cheers:

Today I've claimed my TT winnings, gone to colarado in a R4 which was a close race given the mild tune that if previously applied too one of the two Renaults I bought when they first released. Won by 2 seconds.
Then took a Renault Clio V6 to Spa, on comfort softs this cat is just woeful, got a third place but far from satisfactory I bought some sports soft tyres and went again, much better control and at least 10mph exit speed onto thr straights. A win second time about.
Dragons tail in the GTR cup, took a 2017 GTR running at 700pp out on track it was a predictable win, quite like the way the car took the kerbs, 18 seconds in front of the 2nd place car.
Took the two tickets so +300k and got a 4* ticket that was worth 30k.

Following up to the above AI Screenshot of the Renaul RS1 -
what a slow car that is, but very fuel efficient and with the low speed allowing for quite good cornering instead.
Yet the efficiency of the AI is down to driving even much slower 😅

Today was good session for daily races for me:

• Logged onto the game and did the first weekly challenge race, the Renault 4 GTL rally race, had to buy a Renault 4 and gave it muddy rally car look. Meh race, quite boring ince it rally lol.
  • Bashed out soem hotlap in the SF23 car at Suzuka, got a 1min 40 just becuase i was watchin the F1 qualys on TV beforehand and wanted to try it out.
  • Then moved onto the next race which was the sunday cup race and blasted that out for 100k creds in my Clio RS.
  • Came over to Daily Race C as it was the first available race timewise, got out the NSX in black livery, started 9th and finished 5th with some time leading the race. A very good race and some nice battling with other players.
  • Moved over to the Daily Race A with the MAzdas at Tsuakuba, started 8th and finished a strong 2nd place. I like this race also.
  • Completed the Jaguar Menu book to unlock the nice D type racer.
  • Did the Mclaren and Toyota Online TT and cud not quite improve my times.
  • Lastly did the Daily Race B at catalunya three times and every race was a mess hogposh of Rammerjammers, the last being the only where I achieved a decent 7th depsite getting rammed at turn1 on lap1, lol.
Oh well, more to tomo and hopefully some decent racing (avoidin bad egg frenchies and boy racers), still trying hard to impove my SR ratings.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240406120738.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406120046.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406122148.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406125058.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406131057.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406215007.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406131757.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240406215736_1.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240406215501_1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240406215501_1.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 2
Today I finished the Moby Dick set of missions with gold. The last mission left was the 30 laps wet race at Tsukuba. And that has to be one of the most PD things PD has ever done... A wet race where you're not allowed to use wet tyres.....

Anyways, after a couple of fails I kind of cheated. I drove a Subaru Gr.B race car. SH, FM6, 1 stop for fuel (a splash and go at lap 23, even though the car could reach lap 29) and no tyres changes.

And by the way, Moby Dick is a hell of a boring book.
That isn’t remotely cheating. That’s how the race is setup. Don’t hate the player, hate the game! 😜

Back