What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,881 comments
Playing Animal Well on Switch, a kinda "Metroidvania" puzzle/exploration game without the combat. The game is really interesting and addictive fun, it's very satisfying to progress once you solve puzzles and figure out what certain items do. That and the visuals and sounds are so unique. Overall a surprisingly cool game.

My gaming time has been pretty limited lately, mostly because I was on holiday for 2 weeks (but had my Deck with me, just didn't feel like it most of the time), but I have been chipping away at Ridge Racer Type 4 so I now have all the extra trial cars for all the teams and 187/321 cars overall. I'm getting through it!

I have to admit I'm still using save states but I am relying on them much less than before, I mean I couldn't even reliably win races with PRC at first but now I'm only really loading states when I come up behind cars at awkward places driving as DRT or when my car inexplicably fails to drift, my lines are generally good at this point. Generally.

I have played Automobilista 1 again lately. After watching Formula SAE last weekend and seeing the Formula Student simulator mod for Assetto Corsa, I sort of been on a kart racing trip playing karts in AMS1. I spent a good amount of time racing Speedland in AMS1. Excluding the Superkarts, there are five other karts to choose from. Besides the karts, I did do one test session with the ARC Camaros. This is a good game for me to come back to, though I didn't religiously play Automobilista as I did the game it is based on- rFactor 1.

Animal Well. It’s a good one. Bit hard maybe?

I’ll stick with it for a bit at least.

I'm giving Immortals of Aveum a chance, since it's on EA Play/Game Pass and its performance has improved on both console and PC. From the intro (which I already played as a demo) I still don't know what to make of it: It's very flashy, no doubt, but the story/setting doesn't feel substantial yet.

Also, I'm about to finish the Frozen Wild expansion of Horizon Zero Dawn (now that's a story/game I have thoroughly enjoyed) so I can get Forbidden West next.

Been playing alot of F1 23 on PC lately to get ready for the new F1 24 next week.

Also just got back into Euro Truck Simulator 2 [PC] with a friend. Its alot of fun when doing convoys and jobs together. And theres some new updates to original cities and areas.

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition [PC] is another game that gets occasional game time. Its still alot of fun.

I'm giving Immortals of Aveum a chance, since it's on EA Play/Game Pass and its performance has improved on both console and PC. From the intro (which I already played as a demo) I still don't know what to make of it: It's very flashy, no doubt, but the story/setting doesn't feel substantial yet.

Also, I'm about to finish the Frozen Wild expansion of Horizon Zero Dawn (now that's a story/game I have thoroughly enjoyed) so I can get Forbidden West next.

Zero Dawn is a 10/10 for me.
Frozen wilds a 8/10 at best.
Forbidden west a 6/10 unfortunately.

Started Armored Core 6 and Far Cry 5 but lately I'm not in the mood for gaming so much.

I think I'm just going to take a break for awhile.

With that out of the way, I waited a bit for things to "wear off" after playing that game, and as of tonight, I am on to Spyro the Dragon! I have a feeling the previous games will be much more interesting since they'll be new to me, unlike the 3rd which I had played a million times. I say that, but I did briefly play the first way back in 2001 due to my cousin forgetting to take his copy home, but I only got so far before I had to give it back. Fittingly though, his exact copy is actually what I am playing, so it'll be fun to pick up where I left off over 20 years ago knowing this was the very copy I played it on. :P
Well, I said this earlier, and as of yesterday, I have finished it! My thoughts on the game are "It's alright". I played the game completionist style and I found it to be a lot harder than Spyro 3 and had to look up videos just to figure some parts out. And who knows, that may have just been me being too used to Spyro 3, which I have beaten many times over the last 20 years, and Spyro 1 being largely unfamiliar to me, but for the most part, it's not so bad once you figure it out at least. I will admit, I have kind of fallen out of the Spyro mood as of late and have been wanting to play some NASCAR games again, a natural feeling I get around this time of the year. That said, I must admit I got very impatient halfway through my playthrough and wanted it to be over already as a result, which hindered the experience a bit, but it got better near the end at least.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would, but I think part of that was me and I feel like now that I know what to expect from it, I might be able to appreciate it more if I revisit it in the distant future.

With that out of the way, I am going to start Spyro 2 sometime today and playthrough that game too. I am more optimistic about this one because from what I can tell, it's more consistent with Spyro 3, which is what I am used to. Should be fun! :)

Started with Hellblade: Senua'a Sacrifice

Not sure will I finish it.
Maybe too dark setting for me.

Started with Hellblade: Senua'a Sacrifice

Not sure will I finish it.
Maybe too dark setting for me.
It's heavy and the gameplay isn't amazing, if you can find a high quality let's play on YT it's not the worst way to experience the story. I finished it in 2020 and still look up the "in your sword still beats a heart" cutscene when I want to get goosebumps.

Liked the first Hellblade a lot and have the second one already downloaded. Will give it a go next week or so.

Somehow got sucked into Diablo IV for no good reason.

Dropped Animal Well for now.

I also plan on playing the next FH5 season. Been a while.

Last edited:
American truck simulator was 4 quid on Steam so I finally bought it and it’s strangely serene, looked a bit crap when first loaded up but now after maxing every single graphic setting it’s not a bad looker at all, some of the camera angles are a bit weird but for the price it’s a bargain

American truck simulator was 4 quid on Steam so I finally bought it and it’s strangely serene, looked a bit crap when first loaded up but now after maxing every single graphic setting it’s not a bad looker at all, some of the camera angles are a bit weird but for the price it’s a bargain

Does it support controller ?

Playing XDefiant.

Reminds me of the good old days of COD, fast paced shooter with great level design.

Would I pay £50 or more for it.. no, but it's free so I'm not complaining, I don't feel a cheated when I die in this game compared to COD, can't explain why. Good fun.

Does it support controller ?
Yep, I’m using it with a Xbox controller and it’s just fine, trying to save up enough money from contract runs at the moment to buy my own truck and start my own company.. really enjoying it a lot now

Yep, I’m using it with a Xbox controller and it’s just fine, trying to save up enough money from contract runs at the moment to buy my own truck and start my own company.. really enjoying it a lot now

Awesome, that was the only thing putting me off, thanks mate I'm gonna get it too! 😁

After playing Mud/Snowrunner I have an strange desire to play truck games!

Last edited:
Fallout 4 - I did finish this on PS4 when it was released and had my run in survival mode also. Now I will finish all DLC areas to make it complete

Dead Island 2 - also new DLC areas to explore

Zombie Army 4 - same as above

The Survivalist - funny, stupid, sandbox experience

Helldivers 2 - because my dad and his friends sometimes ask me to join

Started with Spiderman Remastered.
Must say it didn't click on me yet, I hope so it will soon, or this will be thrown 34€, that costs now on Store sale...

UPDATE: I played another 2 hours and I'm starting to like it, it has many connections to Marvel universe, and you have what to do...

18fc0bc5e0228-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Slowly learning the ropes (and sails, anchors, cannons, etc) of Sea Of Thieves on PS5. None of my friends want to join me in the pirate life so I'm living a lonely existence on my hired little sloop. Trying to grind enough gold to buy my own ship and become a Captain - it was too slow on the nerfed Safe Seas so I'm creeping around the High Seas, trying to avoid all the bloodthirsty PvP crowd.

Started Far: Generic Subtitle I've Forgotten 2, the sequel to Far: Generic Subtitle I've Forgotten, I feel like I'm already not far (PUN INTENDED) from the end but I'm not sure why.

Two new-ish hires at work are gamers, both women 10 years younger than me, and while I was heavily into Snowrunner they both came back to the office after lunch while I was sat at my desk playing it on my Deck. They asked what I was playing and I told them, they'd never heard of it so I said "it's basically Ice Road Truckers: The Game" and one looked at the other and said "sounds like a man game" - I imagine they'd say much the same about this game where you're basically just piloting a vessel in a straight line for 4 hours. It's good though! My only problem with it is keeping the thing going requires constant intervention so I can't really admire the scenery that I'm slowly munching as I go, which is really about a third of the game (the other two thirds being keeping the vessel moving and solving puzzles when you reach an obstacle.)

Just remembered, the first game is Far: Lone Sails and I'm playing Far: ______ Tides. Obviously my brain is refusing to let go of "Lone Tides" but I know it's not that.

Started Far: Generic Subtitle I've Forgotten 2, the sequel to Far: Generic Subtitle I've Forgotten, I feel like I'm already not far (PUN INTENDED) from the end but I'm not sure why.

Two new-ish hires at work are gamers, both women 10 years younger than me, and while I was heavily into Snowrunner they both came back to the office after lunch while I was sat at my desk playing it on my Deck. They asked what I was playing and I told them, they'd never heard of it so I said "it's basically Ice Road Truckers: The Game" and one looked at the other and said "sounds like a man game" - I imagine they'd say much the same about this game where you're basically just piloting a vessel in a straight line for 4 hours. It's good though! My only problem with it is keeping the thing going requires constant intervention so I can't really admire the scenery that I'm slowly munching as I go, which is really about a third of the game (the other two thirds being keeping the vessel moving and solving puzzles when you reach an obstacle.)

Just remembered, the first game is Far: Lone Sails and I'm playing Far: ______ Tides. Obviously my brain is refusing to let go of "Lone Tides" but I know it's not that.
The second one is called Changing Tides. I played them both, though I admit the second one took me a while to finish because it didn't hook me in the same way as the first one but I am glad I did get back to finish it because the ending is neat. They're fun and creative games, but also a little short but that is expected with a game like that.

I've been playing a game in the same genre as the Far games (side-scrolling, puzzle platformer) called Planet of Lana and it's great, I especially like the visuals and the world. I like these "Limbo like" games, they're bite-sized when I don't have time to play a huge game.

The more I play it, the more I like Immortals of Aveum (Series X/PC) for the gameplay. I'll reserve my opinion on the story/art design, etc. after I finish it. More sophisticated upscaling + frame generation, for all purposes, is the immediate and near future for consoles.

Last edited:
I got circuit superstars a few days ago, and been enjoying it quite a lot.
A fun little gem, well polished, more than most big name racing games of late.
Smooth and crisp on ps5.

I was finding it very swervy at 1st, when steering with the left joystick pushed to its front edge, steering by sliding it left right on its front edge.

Since the game seems to do oversteer as soon as your steering isnt straight, it made it almost unplayable, as it's hard to have zero steer input when joystick is push to its front edge.

Once i just let it at it's centre and pushed only left right to steer, it's a delight, since as soon as you let go of steering input, you're sure to have straight to the front steering.

Easy to get into but challenging enough with ai, and good feel at edge of tracks, and rumble strips, and different enough for each vehicle class.
I love that it has custom play, championships, makes it worth it for sp play.
Only thing is the lap limit seems to he 50, i did see videos of up to 99 laps, i guess that's on pc.

I wonder the setting to dynamic class ai cars for it though. It seems it should allow any class near the performance of your own, but it only adds identical cars to mine.
Maybe it's for modded car classes..

Edit: another nice little feature is, you can set a range of ai performance, so you can have more spread out ai cars.

Thinking now to get wreckfest, on ps5 it looks really nice and smooth. Not my usual style but i liked flatout back then, i know devs are pretty good.
On sale now, on pstore, dlcs too..

Last edited:
With that out of the way, I am going to start Spyro 2 sometime today and playthrough that game too. I am more optimistic about this one because from what I can tell, it's more consistent with Spyro 3, which is what I am used to. Should be fun! :)
So I finished the game today and sure enough, it was a blast! :D Spyro 1 may have been underwhelming for me but this game was anything but and it actually ended up being WAY better than I expected. The fact it played similarly to Spyro 3, which is what I am used to, was good and it did a lot of things well. It wasn't without its frustrations though, it did make me mad quite a few times, but the overall experience was great and many times better than the first. So I guess now, after 6 years, I have FINALLY finished playing through all 3 games. :lol:

With that out of the way, my desire to play NASCAR games hasn't gone anywhere, so naturally I am moving to them now. I'm still playing NASCAR Heat 5 for a little each day and I intend to keep on playing it, but I am also going to play NASCAR Racing, NASCAR '98, NASCAR 2000, NASCAR 2001, and NASCAR Thunder 2004 as well. I am going to alternate between them all depending on my mood and I don't intend to do much in any of them, just race casually wherever I want and have some fun. 😎 I always find myself wanting to play them around this time of the year and I usually have the most fun playing them during that time, so I am looking forward to this. Eventually, I am going to replay NASCAR Rumble for the first time in forever since it's a game I love and haven't done much with in a long time.

Last edited:
The second one is called Changing Tides. I played them both, though I admit the second one took me a while to finish because it didn't hook me in the same way as the first one but I am glad I did get back to finish it because the ending is neat. They're fun and creative games, but also a little short but that is expected with a game like that.

I've been playing a game in the same genre as the Far games (side-scrolling, puzzle platformer) called Planet of Lana and it's great, I especially like the visuals and the world. I like these "Limbo like" games, they're bite-sized when I don't have time to play a huge game.
Just finished it, your take is pretty much how I feel, it's nice but it didn't grab me like the first one. The first game, I played about five minutes, forgot about it for a while, then came back and finished the rest of the game in one sitting, with this one I found myself putting it down every 30-45 minutes or so, I made the most progress in one sitting last night during a long train journey home and even then I opted to turn it off a few stops before home. It's just a bit... Flat? Like it doesn't have peaks and troughs, it's just the same throughout.

Inside is still the peak of the genre for me.

The latest update with GT7 has gotten me to go back to that for a bit. Just to make a couple of liveries for the R31 Skyline and 240 Wagon. If I am feeling brave enough, might even check out the Daily races which I haven't done in close to a year now.

Mucking around a little bit with Wildforst and Dr Mario 64 on the Switch, as well.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back