What movies have you seen lately? Now with reviews!Movies 

• Thread starter scentedsoap
  • 8,165 comments
ipadbannerportrait.jpg

C+

It's... it's pretty dumb, and the weakest entry into the Monsterverse for me, but it really, really wants to entertain you.

The human drama isn't too unbearable. The monster action is mostly good, if a bit messy and hard to follow at times. Feels rushed for a 2 hour movie.

One scene was so hilarious, it's almost worth the price of admission alone.

Damsel ….nope 4/10

Cocaine Bear …at least some funny Moments 6/10

Roadhouse… another mindless reboot …at least entertaining 5/10

Three thousand years of longing …the strong parts are the flashbacks otherwise Tilda and Elba are to good to fail …entertaining…7/10

Last edited:
Kung Fu Panda 4

It's quite meh, the weakest of the 4 movies, the comedy is there and it has some good ideas but doesn't place them correctly which leads a lot of wasted potential and questionable decisions.

Tai Lungs return is a sales trap. It happens at the end and barely does anything other than say a few lines before heading off and confirming Po is the true Dragon Warrior which hardly feels earned at all and also off when Po isnt meant to be the Dragon Warrior anymore. Probably comes down to a lack of focus as they brought back Kai and Shen too though they really don't do anything other than still potential Tai Lung screen time. They don't even have voice lines.

Chameleon is a weak villain with the problem of trying to be too many things. It tries to be the villain for Zhen to overcome but also some foil to Po. Having a plot twist also didnt help with the lack of focus so she just ends up being a boring. Dont even know why they gave her the motivation of wanting to learn Kung Fu but cant so she chose evil? Just cut that out and have her be a generic villain, it doesn't even make sense why that would be thing.

I had a weird viewing of Zhen, I didnt think much of her at first but grew to like her at the middle but at the end I wanted to keep liking her but couldn't. Nothing felt rewarding as she went through her arc only to suddenly come up as the Dragon Warrior after all that. I think the twist is what really soured it, especially when the regret kinda just happens. Im not against the concept of the movie or her being Pos successor but there needed to be much more weight into this as I wasnt compelled enough of her as a character to want to see her as the successor.

Pos Dads were definitely the best characters. I adore their chemistry and easily had the best scenes when they appeared. Master Shifu was also pretty good but his appearences are brief.

Overall. I would skip this one, I only really saw it because my friends wanted to and wouldnt have done it by myself. Though the complaints of the lack of Furious 5 in the movie is absurd to me, even if you fix the script to give it a proper goal and more time on important elements, you still wouldnt have room for the Furious 5, they just dont have a purpose in the movie.

Last edited:
6375ce53e5cb6ca4bb0ba212d6271f1c.jpe

A

A firefighting meathead and a supersexy swingin pyromaniac femboy reluctantly team up to stop a megalomaniac and inter-dimensional beings from accidentally destroying the planet. It's as dumb as it sounds, and it's awesome.

Latest Posts

Back