A-spec Expert Level MR Challenge: Autumn Ring / Reverse

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 104 comments
This was the hardest race I have had and the closest MOV. By the time I crossed the finish line my hands were shaking. I used the '80 Renault R5 Turbo @496 PP. The tune was from one of the best of all tuners @praiano63 :bowdown: who I miss very much. On lap 5, P1 was the GT40 and P2 was the Zonda. I tried 3 times in a race that the Zonda was the rabbit and finished 2nd every time. The tune started out as @GhostRider65 and I tried to tweak it in those 3 races to no avail. The tune was not published at 500 PP, it was a 450 PP tune that I tried to use outside of the original design by @GhostRider65:tup:👍 the losses we my own fault and should no way reflect against @GhostRider65 at all. I went through the tunes I have saved in Word documents and also tunes that were .jpg files since the beginning of the game and found this tune from @praiano63 which immediately brightened my day. I made a few very small adjustments to the rear toe and Brake Sensitivity. I made a significant adjustment to the Final Gear. Praiano's trans flip worked great as well as the suspension.

Edit: Another really close one. Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86 at 498 PP. I found this tune from @brian wolf 👍👍, someone I have never come across since I have been at :gtplanet:. I really chopped up this tune because it was originally a 420 PP car on Comfort Soft tires. I reversed the ride heights, Changed to toe on both ends, changed the LSD and brake balance. This too was a hard fought win against the Zonda. I finally caught the Zonda on lap 5 coming through the zig zag before the right hand turn that leads you to the left for the start/finish line.

Attachments

• 20171123_134128[1].jpg
    20171123_134128[1].jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20171123_134005[1].jpg
    20171123_134005[1].jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 20171123_142426[1].jpg
    20171123_142426[1].jpg
    60 KB · Views: 26
  • 20171123_143731[1].jpg
    20171123_143731[1].jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The F40 is still scaring me so I went for its less ridiculous sibling the GTO, first attempt went full stock and got out-dragged by the GT40 exiting the final turn and got beaten be hundredths, I raged and gave the Ferrari full weight reduction and the custom transmission for the win with showboating

IMG_20171122_213653.jpg

Edit: Phone froze in the middle of trying to write that

Last edited:
The F40 is still scaring me so I went for its less ri

@8l23ub, my friend I'll gladly share cars, tunes, whatever I can if you'd like. I very much appreciate the Likes you have given me. I'm about the run a real 580 PP car. Instead of MOV 0.100 should be more like 70 seconds.

This is a 580 PP car against the GT40. McLaren F1 '94 with a @Jeje6410 tune. I used everything except the gearbox. Made 1 minor change to the front and rear toe, a 2 clicks more of Brake sensitivity to compensate for the brakes. Excellent tune, very easy to drive fast, did a little drifting but as usual you can go wrong a Jeje tune.👍👍👍👍👍

Attachments

• 20171123_161448[1].jpg
    20171123_161448[1].jpg
    58 KB · Views: 26
  • lap_times[1].jpg
    lap_times[1].jpg
    67 KB · Views: 23
  • 20171123_161244[1].jpg
    20171123_161244[1].jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
@8l23ub, my friend I'll gladly share cars, tunes, whatever I can if you'd like. I very much appreciate the Likes you have given me. I'm about the run a real 580 PP car. Instead of MOV 0.100 should be more like 70 seconds.

I'm all for that, having been on the GranTurismo journey since PS1 and the fact that tuning the car I have discovered to actually be fun, your spin on things is always appreciated, its what gives GT6 its extended life for me, absolutely no rush for GT Sport, plus I can whine about crazy opposition and whatnot in the Quick Matches :cheers:

Last run for the day. It's turkey time. This time Hommel Berlinette at 511 PP. The field this times was totally different that I run against before. The Miura P400 was the rabbit. The tune was mostly mine but did use @Motor City Hami guide to work the kinks I had made out. Fun race.

@8l23ub If I can help you can PM me.:cheers:

Attachments

• 20171123_162758[1].jpg
    20171123_162758[1].jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20171123_163731[1].jpg
    20171123_163731[1].jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 25
@cristobal, what a heartbreaker. :( I would have had the same experiences with many of the low PP cars I'ved used, but being a real life race car driver I knew to keep my eye on the rearview mirror. To me the Zonda is the fastest rabbit yet others say the GT40. The last race I had there wasn't the GT40 or the Zonda. Good luck with your next race.:cheers:

Today's cars were Alpine Vision GT, Enzo Ferrari, Hyundai HCD-6 with tune by @xande1959 which is awesome, and C8 Spyker. The others had @Jeje6410 awesome tunes with minor adjustments to all of them.

Attachments

• 20171124_120555[1].jpg
    20171124_120555[1].jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20171124_120623[1].jpg
    20171124_120623[1].jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20171124_123411[1].jpg
    20171124_123411[1].jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171124_132016[1].jpg
    20171124_132016[1].jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
@cristobal, what a heartbreaker. :( I would have had the same experiences with many of the low PP cars I'ved used, but being a real life race car driver I knew to keep my eye on the rearview mirror. To me the Zonda is the fastest rabbit yet others say the GT40. The last race I had there wasn't the GT40 or the Zonda. Good luck with your next race.:cheers:

When you chose cars with less than 500pp, you have to be cautious with straight lines because of a lower top speed :D I should have anticipated this! ^^
My next try will be with the Renault 5 turbo '80, a car from my country. I've put it to 500pp, but i don't have high hopes ^^
:cheers:

@cristobal have you got a tune for the R5? If not I have one that I don't mind sharing. I will tell you that this car at 500 PP is going to be tail happy. When I ran it I was drifting in every corner. If you up the power, you can brake before the corner in a straight line and let the car roll through the corner and get right back on the gas. Even with the tune I had it was a difficult race to keep the car from spinning out. Let me know if I can help.

@cristobal have you got a tune for the R5? If not I have one that I don't mind sharing. I will tell you that this car at 500 PP is going to be tail happy. When I ran it I was drifting in every corner. If you up the power, you can brake before the corner in a straight line and let the car roll through the corner and get right back on the gas. Even with the tune I had it was a difficult race to keep the car from spinning out. Let me know if I can help.

A couple more that I have found to use. I have been trying not to run the same cars as everyone else, but that's not the case. There some I've run that no one else has. Stuck with I will not use the GSX-R and the NSX LM Prototype. I ran both versions of the '00 Opel Speedster. The non turbo was a tune from @Jeje6410, great tune as usual even though I ran both of the cars with maxed out power when they were intended to be run at 400 PP. The Turbo tune was from @GhostRider65 as his tunes are always good as well. The amazing this is the Speedster with a low RPM turbo is faster than the Turbo Speedster with a high RPM turbo even though the turbo model ends up with more PP, HP and torque. The plain Speedster is lighter by 100 kg.

I had to get one more before I quit. '78 Dome Zero, 543 PP, tune from @GhostRider65 for a 400 PP car. Made my usual changes did my own gearbox, beat the GT40 by 1.315.:cheers:

Today 11/25/17. Didn't see a need to make another post since the last one was mine. When hunting through my garage and stockyard looking for some different MR cars. In my main garage I found I had 114 MR cars, lots of duplicates at different PP's. I pulled the FXX, the Audi Auto Union V16, Cizeta V16 AE version, and the Cadillac Cien. I bought the Citroen GT Road Car so I ran it first. I added race brakes and computer. What a car ;)? Turned lap 2-5 @ 1:19's. Next I ran the FXX expecting it to be faster but rans laps in the 1:20's. This also a fantastic car, I added only race brakes and left everything else the way it came. The Audi V16 even with a tune was another drifting race in every corner, laps in the 1:26's. I'm going to try and run the Cien, the game allowed the Citroen and the FXX so I'm hoping the Cien will be expected. I'll just add to this post when I have finished.:cheers:
Edit: The Cien is a great car too. Handles very well with the stock suspension. Only put brakes and did stage 3 weight reduction , power limiter at 71.8%, fast lap 1:20.246. Next will be the AE version of the Cizeta V16.

Last edited:
@cristobal have you got a tune for the R5? If not I have one that I don't mind sharing. I will tell you that this car at 500 PP is going to be tail happy.

I've tried to tune it but i'm not good at it. And I don't think that a good tune will help, i'm too far from the first place :D No better than 1'29.xxx, my best round was in 2nd position, 9s behind the Miura. I can't be agressive in corner because i don't manage to steer and counter-steer fast enough with the DS3 :(

Don't waste your time to share a setup, but thx a lot ^^

The Cizeta is still a hunk of junk to me. I have the AE version and it has a tune on it. It pushes like a bulldozer, will not rotate clean in the corners and make sure to stay away from the rumble strips. I ran this car at 580 PP and barely won over the GT40. It was more sideways than straight the whole race. I could not run my line at all. It was the thing @coryclifford said in slow and out fast. It would but it was drifting. The last car for today is the was the '13 Pagani Huayra with @Jeje6410 tune. Amazing tune Jerome:tup:👍👍👍👍. Earlier I ran the Citroen GT that has massive down force and the Huayra handles very close to the Citroen. Beat the GT 40 by almost 9 seconds. I really wanted to take a picture but forgot to turn the GPS off on my phone and the battery died. I think I have run enough for the time being. I used a wide variety of cars and PP levels, lost a few due to my own mistakes but as Ayrton Senna said "if you don't go for the gap you are not a race car driver" paraphrased.:cheers:

Edit: I do apologize for seeming to being a post hog. I really liked this event like I did Ascari. I had tons of fun with every car, well except for the Cizeta. If I came across like a braggart with so many posts, that was not my intention. I had hoped that by using the car I did it would give others ideas. Other than that this race paid for the Miura, the Huayra, and a bunch of other cars that I don't remember. Between the Miura and the Huayra was over 15 million credits.:cheers:

Last edited:
The Cizeta is still a hunk of junk to me. I have the AE version and it has a tune on it. It pushes like a bulldozer, will not rotate clean in the corners and make sure to stay away from the rumble strips. I ran this car at 580 PP and barely won over the GT40. It was more sideways than straight the whole race. I could not run my line at all. It was the thing @coryclifford said in slow and out fast. It would but it was drifting. The last car for today is the was the '13 Pagani Huayra with @Jeje6410 tune. Amazing tune Jerome:tup:👍👍👍👍. Earlier I ran the Citroen GT that has massive down force and the Huayra handles very close to the Citroen. Beat the GT 40 by almost 9 seconds. I really wanted to take a picture but forgot to turn the GPS off on my phone and the battery died. I think I have run enough for the time being. I used a wide variety of cars and PP levels, lost a few due to my own mistakes but as Ayrton Senna said "if you don't go for the gap you are not a race car driver" paraphrased.:cheers:

Edit: I do apologize for seeming to being a post hog. I really liked this event like I did Ascari. I had tons of fun with every car, well except for the Cizeta. If I came across like a braggart with so many posts, that was not my intention. I had hoped that by using the car I did it would give others ideas. Other than that this race paid for the Miura, the Huayra, and a bunch of other cars that I don't remember. Between the Miura and the Huayra was over 15 million credits.:cheers:

Thanks a lot my dear friend Barnabas. It's a real pleasure to read yours post and to read your enjoy and yours comments. :cheers::cheers:

The F40 is still scaring me so I went for its less ridiculous sibling the GTO
On the past Ascari Ferrari Only event I got to complete my collection, and I disliked the most the F40 followed by the GTO and next the 599.
I reckon that the F40 is a wildhorse that needs very skillful drivers in order to be tamed, but these is so much you can do with a controller, like my old man said in this kind of situations: "is like trying to peel peas with boxing gloves on"
Yeah, the GTO is a "less ridiculous sibling" as you very well described, but I dindt liked it either, for me they went for a powerful engine and put not so much detail in the driving. Its kind of the same to me with the 599: "a less ridiculous sibling" of the GTO.
Thinking about it, maybe they wanted to celebrate the drivers skill with the F40, one thing is to be able to purchase one IRL, but only a select few will be able to ride it.

Edit: I do apologize for seeming to being a post hog. I really liked this event like I did Ascari. I had tons of fun with every car, well except for the Cizeta.
After the Ferrari event, I really increased my love for Ascari, a technical course with tricky curves, chicanes and those pesky curves with negative banks. You have to respect it or it will chew you alive. At first I thought they were just messing with us with gimmicks, but the more you race on it, the more some of its design choices make sense. Its one of those tracks in which I achieved a zen-like state, you know, when everything just flows and you dont even think about it

Hi,
I saw a tommy kaira ZZ-S and boosted it @500PP. Passed the C12 in the last turn, but didn't pay enough attention in the mirror. Beaten for 0.001s. Argl. (7.58.xx)
Nice photo man!
Edit 1 : GT road car by Citroen @stock easy versus GT40
The GT by Citroen is one of those marvels on stock settings, good to hear is getting popular

I found an app at the Play Store called GT Tuning Wizard. It cost $1.73. It's been scanned and does not contain any malware, ransomware, trojans or any other sneaky tricks. I used it to retune the Cizeta V16 and won the race against the Zonda C12 by 1.098. The GT40 wasn't in the race. Had loads of fun. This is my last post. I hope everyone else is or has had as much fun as I have and maybe gave some ideas of different cars to use. I really appreciate all of you not getting irritated with so many posts. That is what makes the community here at :gtplanet: the best on the web. Thank you @Jordan and staff for allowing me to post as much as I did, but most of all thank you for making this site the best on the net.:cheers:.

Edit: A note about the GT Tuning Wizard. On my Samsung Galaxy when the app is open I have to reboot my phone to close the app. Sent an email to the author and he said it will eventually close. I uninstalled it because I don't need to have to reboot my phone everytime I use. Don't know if it is just my phone or not.

Last edited:
F40 is tameable, had to stop piling into corners like a maniac, the win was engineered by @Racin510s who provided the tune :bowdown:.

IMG_20171127_182832.jpg

Calming down helped, enabled me to be able to cruise up to the back of the AI and decide when and where to pass at my leisure.

Have they got the F40 in GTS yet, it's a tremendous car when its pointing in the right direction.

Had a few runs in the hateful Spirra. Managed to keep it from trying to kill me with some tuning tweaks.

I did try a couple goes at 580pp but I couldn't exit a corner without lighting up, so took of the Supercharger to get around 560pp and it was much more drivable.
20171128_124638.jpg

Last edited:
F40 is tameable, had to stop piling into corners like a maniac, the win was engineered by @Racin510s who provided the tune :bowdown:.

View attachment 696199

Calming down helped, enabled me to be able to cruise up to the back of the AI and decide when and where to pass at my leisure.

Have they got the F40 in GTS yet, it's a tremendous car when its pointing in the right direction.

Thank you @8l23ub for the compliment.:cheers: It sure makes me feel much better after possibly having a heart attack yesterday. I spent 18 hours at the VA hospital. The ER doc wasn't absolutely sure it was a mild heart attack. I had some strange dips and peaks in my EKG and my oxygen level was below 80 and it's never supposed to drop below 90. So they kept me overnight in the ICU on oxygen and taking my blood pressure every half hour. YHWH saved my life one more time. I'll do my best for your RX 7 by the end of the week. Thank you my friend.👍:cheers::cheers:

PP528 Opel Speedster Turbo. Tune by me. No aids. Clean race. Fast lap 1:22.128. Ford GT 40 in P1. Zonda in P2. Pass for the win over the Ford GT 40 on lap 4. Winning margin 00.986. Cockpit race on replay view.

Back