Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,544 comments
Anyone else getting the infinite CSP loading screen today?

This happens to me as well with all CSP's, not all the time of course.
I've been victimised by this behaviour as well.

In clicking around, I came across a little CSP dialog grumbling about "unable to reach". I dismissed it (ie closed it), cos it was too vague to be useful, but it's been nagging me, as I have to skip everytime I load in, every time I try to do CSP previews, Paint Shop in Showroom. So this morning I went looking for a setting to "turn off go look for updates/configs etc". There are a lot of lists of stuff, that CSP is trying to update and download, in Settings | Custom Shaders Patch | Patch. Configs, VAO, Textures etc, but nowhere I can find to turn this off.

That made me think about blocking those somewhere in my network stack, but that might generate... well, exactly what I'm seeing.

💡💡💡
And that made me think, "What if that's the problem?" I wasn't blocking anything outbound, but I do use Cloudflare Warp. Not for the VPN aspect, but for Cloudflare's fantastic, fast, robust network.

Easy to turn off and try, and Bingo! No more delays. There are many unknowable reasons of DNS, routing, reputation (that stuff all fetches from Github), soooo... ¯\(ツ)

Hope it helps y'all.

Last edited:
Just a hint for your work on CARS and TRACKS. Please don't use the latest CSP (0.2.3.p211) to adjust your shaders.
This CSP version has a difference in the gamma shaders compared to the 0.2.2 or 0.2.3p1 version. And actually we need to find out what is the problem there. Actually i finished the work on my rough Pure LCS adaption and saw this lately:

This is Pure in gamma mode and CSP 0.2.3p1 and older:
2024-04-25_21h26_13.png

This is CSP p211 and later:
2024-04-25_21h18_26.png

This is Pure in CSP LCS mode:
2024-04-25_21h18_58.png

So you see there is a serious difference in gamma mode with p1 and p211 and lcs looks very identical to p1 gamma.

So please don't judge your work with the CSP p211 release before we solve the issue!

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know if there is a fix for the wet tires on VRC's McLaren MP4/20 and Renault R25? Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-27 160306.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-27 160306.png
    240.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-04-27 160448.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-27 160448.png
    334 KB · Views: 5
I found this car on the internet which I didn't have yet... and it's nicely done imho.

Only flaw I see right away is the brake lights are not visible when the regular taillights are turned on.

Can someone solve this please (I'm not good at that yet).

1714226992756.png

What I usually do is search my mail box for 'Race Sim Studio' and find one of my purchase confirmations. Click on the "View Order" any cars that were updated have a higher version than your current.

How do I find and sign in to this account? I've never recieved update notices on any of my RSS purchases.
(I don't get 'update' notices either)... see my note above. There is a link to your purchases in your original invoice. The links will be updated links (from what I have seen)...
===========================================

Different topic: CrewChief related...

It's funny sometimes:
"White flag, last lap, keep your head in the game and you could win this, P forty-two."

Also:
"Let's see how wide we can make this.."
I always say, "That's what she said." (It's a reflexive response)

Last edited:
but what many of you dont know, he encrypts the data.acd, like many new reworked mods from him.....:yuck:
Can you give an example where he's done this please as I would like to test? I've just tried the king cobra downloaded from his site, data.acd unpacks as usual, files inside are editable and readable and data.acd was then deleted with no problem and mod working fine.

In clicking around, I came across a little CSP dialog grumbling about "unable to reach". I dismissed it (ie closed it), cos it was too vague to be useful, but it's been nagging me, as I have to skip everytime I load in, every time I try to do CSP previews, Paint Shop in Showroom. So this morning I went looking for a setting to "turn off go look for updates/configs etc". There are a lot of lists of stuff, that CSP is trying to update and download, in Settings | Custom Shaders Patch | Patch. Configs, VAO, Textures etc, but nowhere I can find to turn this off.

That made me think about blocking those somewhere in my network stack, but that might generate... well, exactly what I'm seeing.

💡💡💡
And that made me think, "What if that's the problem?" I wasn't blocking anything outbound, but I do use Cloudflare Warp. Not for the VPN aspect, but for Cloudflare's fantastic, fast, robust network.

Easy to turn off and try, and Bingo! No more delays. There are many unknowable reasons of DNS, routing, reputation (that stuff all fetches from Github), soooo... ¯\(ツ)

Hope it helps y'all.
I wish it were something like that but I don't use Cloudflare.
Not 100% sure if this HINT suggestion can assist you and other members that may be bothered from CM background updates... without the need of a third-party application.

Try the following (as shown in these images) by unchecking the 'Install Automatically' menu-function.

CM_Settings_CSP_disable-install-automatically.png

CM_Settings_CSP_disabled.png

When updates are available you will see a new 'Install # entries' menu-function. Just click it and updates will install - when you want to, and not in the middle of eg. racing...

CM_Settings_CSP_manual-install.png

Hope this HINT helps.

Last edited:

💡💡💡

Hope it helps y'all.
I wish it were something like that but I don't use Cloudflare.

Not 100% sure if this HINT suggestion can assist you and other members that may be bothered from CM background updates... without the need of a third-party application.

Try the following (as shown in these images) by unchecking the 'Install Automatically' menu-function.

View attachment 1350730

View attachment 1350731

When updates are available you will see a new 'Install # entries' menu-function. Just click it and updates will install - when you want to, and not in the middle of eg. racing...

View attachment 1350734

Hope this HINT helps.
That's really useful. Many thanks :cheers:
Must.remember.three.dot.menu.

Last edited:
View attachment 1350722View attachment 1350724
Hi all, when I compare the actual car with the Ford GT40MKII from WSC Legends, the proportions seem to be different, what do you guys think?

It's a known thing with the original source of that model, the Forza one is based on a recreation and is very inaccurate. Maybe a better one will show up one day but for now just have to squint a bit.

View attachment 1350730

View attachment 1350731

View attachment 1350734

Hope this HINT helps.
For me, I turned this off about 2 years ago :)
(so yeah, top tip!)

Random unrelated to my last post question...
1714247046172.jpeg

VIR, full course, but this part is shared with pretty much all the coursed(I run the Grand West the most with street cars), climbing esses the 2nd left side curb, I noticed now that if I just touched the curb it just instantly tossed the car around. I ran literally thousands of km around this track in AC and never really noticed this happen before. So far I ran 2 RSS GT1 cars(550 and the Saleen) both does this, but the NGT Porsche didn't seem to do it. Not sure if its a setup problem or something else. The car does run pretty low but this being uphill portion the car is not really in full compression here....

I remember there used to be some issue with CSP physics and curb interaction but not sure....running 0.2.3 Preview 1 currently

Random unrelated to my last post question...
View attachment 1350804

VIR, full course, but this part is shared with pretty much all the coursed(I run the Grand West the most with street cars), climbing esses the 2nd left side curb, I noticed now that if I just touched the curb it just instantly tossed the car around. I ran literally thousands of km around this track in AC and never really noticed this happen before. So far I ran 2 RSS GT1 cars(550 and the Saleen) both does this, but the NGT Porsche didn't seem to do it. Not sure if its a setup problem or something else. The car does run pretty low but this being uphill portion the car is not really in full compression here....

I remember there used to be some issue with CSP physics and curb interaction but not sure....running 0.2.3 Preview 1 currently
Physics Experiments introduced in the last preview

1714258511909.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back