Forza Motorsport to Add Endurance Races Soon, AI and Penalties to be Addressed in Next Update

• Thread starter Famine
  • 26 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
I have no way of playing Forza Motorsport 8 (no Xbox and no powerful PC) but this still excites me, especially the part about multi-class and endurance races.

Curious to see if they can eventually implement multiclass in multiplayer, and how it would look like.

The way FM23 starts with an endurance race tutorial, and then has no race over 17 minutes long has bothered me for a while, I'll be happy to see that rectified. Unfortunately, with their "live" model, if they do add some good endurance races, they'll remove and replace them monthly, rather than build a collection.

Interested in the changes to racing against similar safety ratings. I assume that they just filled lobbies up until this point. If that was the case, why even have safety ratings?

Also with my current SR being tanked into B class, I wonder if I will see any difference in how people race?

Last edited:
Interested in the changes to racing against similar safety ratings. I assume that they just filled lobbies up until this point. If that was the case, why even have safety ratings?

Also with my current SR being tanked into B class, I wonder if I will see any difference in how people race?
The safety ratings were there to promote better driving, but it appears that no one gave a toss and carried on driving the way they did because they'll always get a lobby full of victims.

You should see a difference going forward because those drivers who are quick-but-dirty/griefers/don't care will all disappear into C/D/E rated lobbies and you'll be in S/A rated.

Personally, I think last 20 races for rating is too little and should be last 30 races instead.

Mentioned is a tweak to proximity radar, but we don’t have proximity radar. How can something be “tweaked” if it doesn’t even exist? 😅

Or maybe push Sony to resume working on their penalty system, which has never once (since GTsport) differentiated the difference between getting rear ended and ramming someone from behind.
As far as I can remember, they stopped actually trying to make the system work better after about the end of 2018.
Could Sophy be used as a way of marshalling incidents during and/or after races?

Now that would be a good use for Ai

Hope this will push Polyphony as well a bit to finally add endurance races to GT7.

Plot twist. They already did… Nearly 2 years ago. Human Comedy missions + spa 1 hour race.

And nearly every WTC 700 and more races involve pit stops.

What people are asking for GT7 is longer endurance races up to 24 hours real time and more races like Human Comedy

I really doubt Forza will get 24 hours races… probably those endurance races in Forza will be standard 10 laps or up to 1 hour races like in Forza 7.

I think it'll be interesting to see how they implement the Endurance races. Don't forget, they're not catering for the hardcore minority who want 3, 6, 12 or even 24 hour races. They're going to cater for more casual player (who are the majority) so I can't see the races being any longer than an hour (or maybe a set number of laps that take about an hour).

Either way, looking forward to what they've got planned and what the next new track will be.

I wish PD took notes.

I don't even need real endurance races anymore. I would make do with a "Human Comedy 2.0" set of missions or even better, events.
I agree that pd should focus a bit more on endurance races more championchips and better overall events. All except maybe 1 or 2 events has been pretty poor this year.

But they should not take note on fm fomo campaign that would just be a disaster in every way.

But they should not take note on fm fomo campaign that would just be a disaster in every way.
Haven't they already? After FM released we got weekly challenges in GT7, in which it seems many of the events that may have been permanent additions (considering all the work put into the AI cars) became one-week limited events, while our new permanent events tend to be some flavor of Sunday/Clubman Cup and WTC X00 (but not the fun, longer WTC events with variable weather).

We haven't had a new permanent event category since the Jimny Cup was added in November. The Jimny Cup events are exactly the type of thing we are seeing with the one-week events, like the classic Tourist Trophy events featuring Audi cars becoming a few scattered one-week events that we can no longer play, or the tuned up Renault 4L events that came and went. They were fun, most people seem to enjoy most of the special events, but then they're gone forever.

But hey, new Japanese FR Challenge where you win by participating and not driving off the track more than 3 times. That's a totally worthy addition to the game's collection of permanent events where a win is nearly guaranteed if you simply try.

With GT7's permanent additions being absolutely nothing new or interesting and their temporary additions being fun and challenging events, I wouldn't say they're doing anything better than FM. Both need to give up on the FOMO garbage.

There are huge differences, GT7 lacks in career events but in FM you can't literally use race cars in career, besides the time limited events. Those GT7 weekly events are an incentive to play the single player mode, with bonus credits and tickets, in FM a lot of exclusive cars are locked behind the FOMO mechanics.

There are huge differences, GT7 lacks in career events but in FM you can't literally use race cars in career, besides the time limited events. Those GT7 weekly events are an incentive to play the single player mode, with bonus credits and tickets, in FM a lot of exclusive cars are locked behind the FOMO mechanics.
You are talking about another subject. I was only saying PD have already learned to create FOMO events, not that anyone was better or worse about it.

I believe FM will get new permanent races to use race cars in, eventually. I don't know why that wasn't included on release. It absolutely should have been. Maybe they were waiting for improvements to AI and FRR. I don't know.

The weekly events I was talking about in GT7 are not the entire collection of "weekly challenges", but the special events which do disappear forever at the end of that week. They are not an incentive to play through the single player mode, they are new events that appear for a limited time. All of their best work since November, I'd say. But they're all temporary. All of that work they put into tuning and painting the cars, gone. And considering we haven't seen a new permanent category of events since this started, I can only guess that all or at least some of the temporary events would have been permanent if not for Spec II's addition of "weekly challenges".

Last edited:
Those are huge differences? They're basically the same thing. lol
I don't like the fact that you have disappearing stuff in FM but at some point in time, those cars that were missed will be available. What do you need race cars in the career to do that would be any different than what can be achieved in Free Play anyways? And we have had race cars in the career, off the top of my head I remember the 60's Grand Prix cars.

Ya the races disappear but if they're constantly adding career race series that utilizes the new cars and tracks they're adding to the game then then that's a good thing, right? Why would they want to keep older series permanent when those series would be devoid of new content. Unless, the career selection process was completely random and pulled from the newest available lot of available content. But then again we come full circle to being able to do that in Free Play anyways. When they add Practice and qualify to Free Play along with the ability to create Custom Championships, it will be more complete.
I have no incentive to turn on GT7. Weekly Challenges do nothing for me. I go months without using GT7. However, I turn on FM way more frequently. Why? The experience and races are just more fun. The physics. The AI. The car classes. The endless possibilities available in Free Play including Multi-Class racing. The ability to use my high end Sim gear on PC.
FM does need a lot more tracks but they're getting there.

Haven't they already? After FM released we got weekly challenges in GT7, in which it seems many of the events that may have been permanent additions (considering all the work put into the AI cars) became one-week limited events, while our new permanent events tend to be some flavor of Sunday/Clubman Cup and WTC X00 (but not the fun, longer WTC events with variable weather).

We haven't had a new permanent event category since the Jimny Cup was added in November. The Jimny Cup events are exactly the type of thing we are seeing with the one-week events, like the classic Tourist Trophy events featuring Audi cars becoming a few scattered one-week events that we can no longer play, or the tuned up Renault 4L events that came and went. They were fun, most people seem to enjoy most of the special events, but then they're gone forever.

But hey, new Japanese FR Challenge where you win by participating and not driving off the track more than 3 times. That's a totally worthy addition to the game's collection of permanent events where a win is nearly guaranteed if you simply try.

With GT7's permanent additions being absolutely nothing new or interesting and their temporary additions being fun and challenging events, I wouldn't say they're doing anything better than FM. Both need to give up on the FOMO garbage.
What you talking about is weekly challanges special events yes they dissapear and its shame because they are some cool ones. But all the regular events is permant added while a lot of them might not be good, but they are at least not fomo.

And while we know pd holds back content as we can see with the updates they are not holding back cars that drop in the update to just dripfeed them for weeks,
And we have seen that fm keep doing that every month.

Neither gt7 or fm has a very good single player and thats the era witch we are in now, gt7 still offer more varity with more different types of races and events.

All i said was that pd should not take any notes from turn 10 because they are not doing it any better either, they should take notes on how gt4 did best career mode and progression of all time.

Last edited:

I've played GT7's career mode twice now, and I count a total of 3 series offering race cars, Gr.4, Gr.3, and Gr.B rally cars. Each of these series had me start 30+ seconds behind the leader, lapping 6+ seconds faster than any car on the grid, the only challenge they offer is making sure I drive fast enough so I can podium in time before the race is over. These races do not compare favourably IMO

Last edited:
I think it'll be interesting to see how they implement the Endurance races. Don't forget, they're not catering for the hardcore minority who want 3, 6, 12 or even 24 hour races. They're going to cater for more casual player (who are the majority) so I can't see the races being any longer than an hour (or maybe a set number of laps that take about an hour).
I'd be happy to start with if we got 20-30 minute races like Tokyo and Sardegna in GT7, with tyre and fuel multipliers hand crafted to give a genuine choice between no stop and one stop strategies, and where fuel consumption is enough of a factor that cars that are otherwise too slow become viable due to having better fuel economy. We need more fidelity on the fuel display during races, with a minimum of the % fuel remaining, and preferably to one decimal place.

I'd be happy to start with if we got 20-30 minute races like Tokyo and Sardegna in GT7, with tyre and fuel multipliers hand crafted to give a genuine choice between no stop and one stop strategies, and where fuel consumption is enough of a factor that cars that are otherwise too slow become viable due to having better fuel economy. We need more fidelity on the fuel display during races, with a minimum of the % fuel remaining, and preferably to one decimal place.
You can check fuel to 1 decimal place (along with tire wear) in the damage tab of the telemetry. I always set my telemetry tab to the damage page during practice, that way you can just press down once during the race to pop up it and check, and press down again to make it go away. I guess it's not as simple as if the numbers were just on the default HUD, but I don't mind it the way it is.

We do need a fuel burn multiplier, but we are 8 games into the series now and we still can't even separate the "fuel & tires" thing in the damage menu, so my hopes aren't high.

Hand crafted races also seem well beyond what T10 is capable of or have any interest in bothering with, sadly. The only changes they have made to the track rotation is adding in the new tracks, and we are still running the same lap counts since day 1. They also have races that run into darkness for divisions that have no headlights, and choose tracks that don't suit/fit the cars in the division (like VIR Grand in GT or touring cars that can't really fit 2 wide in the infield) and back in FM7 they even put Long Beach West in the Endurance GT hopper rotation (aka the version of Long Beach with no pitlane in the hopper that has mandatory pit stops, everyone would just get disqualified for not pitting lol)... Doesn't seem they are really interested in putting any thought into their choices.

There are several leagues that are making handcrafted races regularly that would probably happily have their events shared for Featured Multiplayer, but aside from TORA (and even that was very minimal) they have never had much interest in coordinating with the most loyal and dedicated part of their community who literally have played each game up until the day of release of the next title.

While we are being hopeful though, aside from fuel burn multipliers, I'd like to see tire compound limitations, and forced compound changes. Let us make races where you can only run softs and hards and have to do at least 1 stint on each, so there is some strategy in when you take your pain on the slower tire.

Latest Posts

Back