this is how you move the camera, adjust fov whilst driving, etc etcPS4 

England
southport
im using a ps4 and its brilliant, by using a keyboard you can adjust the camera all over the place , forwards backwards, up, down, etc...little diagram i knocked up to show..
:D
project cars how to adjust view ps4.jpeg

im using a ps4 and its brilliant, by using a keyboard you can adjust the camera all over the place , forwards backwards, up, down, etc...little diagram i knocked up to show..
:DView attachment 498326
Don't want to rain on your parade but surely even with this setup you still can't adjust the actual FOV as that's only done in the main options? Moving your seat around isn't quite the same thing, but well worth doing nonetheless. I have these buttons mapped to my wheel already. Be handy for other things like brake bias etc though.

A question mate, does any USB keyboard work on the PS4? I was thinking of getting one just the other day to map more buttons and to do camera adjustments mid game.

im just using a cheapo usb keyboard and that works, heres a vid of fov change in action, sorry i was trying to do three things at once, im all over the place..ha, its brilliant the way you can change it while playing, ive been going back to the menu all the time, since the game came out..doh!!!

im just using a cheapo usb keyboard and that works, heres a vid of fov change in action, sorry i was trying to do three things at once, im all over the place..ha, its brilliant the way you can change it while playing, ive been going back to the menu all the time, since the game came out..doh!!!

This is crazy! Sorry for doubting you, I thought it was always going to be a trip back to the main menu for sorting FOV out. Might have to get my hands on a cheapo keyboard. My Mrs is going to think I'm nuts when she see me at my wheel with an iPhone, iPad, laptop and separate keyboard next to me just to drive cars round a track haha

This is crazy! Sorry for doubting you, I thought it was always going to be a trip back to the main menu for sorting FOV out. Might have to get my hands on a cheapo keyboard. My Mrs is going to think I'm nuts when she see me at my wheel with an iPhone, iPad, laptop and separate keyboard next to me just to drive cars round a track haha

no worries man, its ace...

So I assume if I had just a USB number pad, which has plus & minus buttons on it, I could use it to adjust camera and FOV settings without needing a full keyboard? Anyone out there using this setup?

also moving the camera in and out of the car in different views, shows some weird things, like the car isnt fully modeelld when in cockpit view, you move camera outside, ah, no wheels etc, or driver has no head, ive had no driver aswell ...good tho, pressing number 5 on the numeric keypad resets the camera back to default tho..

So I assume if I had just a USB number pad, which has plus & minus buttons on it, I could use it to adjust camera and FOV settings without needing a full keyboard? Anyone out there using this setup?

im not sure as you have to press ctrl and k first, before any buttons work, also i didnt assign any of the buttons, they just work like that..:)

driving it like this..ha

i thought this was good, i zoomed right into the rear view mirror, i know its small with low detail, but im impressed anyway..

you can zoom out etc and play like this aswell..mad..

I thought that last view was only available on PC! Keyboard, here I come!

remember tho, i havent mapped/assigned any keys to enable me to move camera and adjust field of view, just start game, press ctrl and k, then you can adjust..

fov isnt there in assign controls options etc..

Nice. You on PS4? Can you map any command you want to those buttons?

Yes. Any Command.

But as stated. They are assigned button.

Easy to do.
Adjusting the FOV with the keys isnt something i knew. But its not something i play around with either. Same as seat adjustment. Buttons are assignedand work. But i dont use them.
I drive bonnet view and thats it. Works best for me.
I use 2 Telemetry apps to tell me the details.

This stuff is crazy! I just got a PS4 and Project CARS for Christmas . . . can't wait to try this out. I have been going between cockpit and helmet (and then FOV) view to decide on which I like best - this will be great to change the FOV in each without having to exit out of the game, go to options, etc, etc. :banghead:

Thanks a ton for posting this - never would've thought to try this on my own. 👍

People :@::gtpflag:freakin' rock!!

i think i see the issue with my button box..

im using a small number keypad.
Ive assigned 2,4,6,8 as adjustments to anti roll etc
everytime i make those adjustments and push the button i get a view change (that i didnt assign) and my assigned button

How can i remove the default setting u think?

Finally got my stuff together and hooked up a keyboard. Played around with it and love it. With the small caveat that somehow my default view is now looking down at the steering wheel and pedal so i have to hit ctrl+k and numpad 5 to reset. Then I can adjust the seating to my liking. Does anyone know how to reset the camera and seat position across all cars? Or save set selected setup? 💡

Back