• 114 comments
solarr-GTLMsquad
Not a chance
Expert Class 600PP AWD / PRO
Race Times: Every :00 and :30
Game Spec: SpecIII
Physics: Professional
Track: Suzuka
Car: Whatever that tickles your bones, though the favorites are the Audi R8, the Evo 9, and the Evo X.

The following is thanks to El_Zissou
(saving me a helluva lot of times):D

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times.
Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
The White lines is the track boundary, any part past the white line (asphalt or not) is not part of the track. (thanks for the correction Clacksman :D)
No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible :D
No hybrids :D
No cheating of any kind, God will strike you down with a bolt of lightning if you do :D
Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
Clutch or not who cares up to you!!!
NO BITCHING IS ALLOWED

Race chat:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111320

Lap times and replays:
http://gtdb.net/?laps/1/700/0/*/3

Last edited:
Am I the only person who likes this event? Anyway, there are some seriously quick Subaru 05's out there today. I thought mine was pretty fast but some of the Japanese guys are super quick. Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

I'll try to get in on this for a few tonight 👍
I'm going to be out of town for a week, so this is my last chance to get my GT fix for a while. :(

@ Lynx-Can... How fast are you talking? I've gotten mine down to about 2'13.2, and thats been pretty competitive so far.

Last edited:
The following is thanks to El_Zissou
(saving me a helluva lot of times):D

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times.
Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
The White lines is the track boundary, any part past the white line (asphalt or not) is not part of the track. (thanks for the correction Clacksman :D)
No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible :D
No hybrids :D
No cheating of any kind, God will strike you down with a bolt of lightning if you do :D
Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
Clutch or not who cares up to you!!!

Ha ha ha! dude I copied that from another GTP member :)

NO BITCHING IS ALLOWED

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, i tell you, the integra event is incredible! The racing is amazingly close and heated! You should start an NTSC integra cup! I'll race!!

@ Lynx-Can... How fast are you talking? I've gotten mine down to about 1'13.2, and thats been pretty competitive so far.

I've been running between 1.13 and high 1.14's (my fastest lap being a 1.13.222)

Earlier on I was having a clean race and was consistently between 1.13 and 1.14. Like you said those are pretty competitive lap times. However, I was loosing about a second a lap to the leader.

On the 8th lap I skidded off the track at Spoon Curve. When I reached the start grid, the guy in the lead was waiting, (think he was bored running 8 laps with no competition)

Anyway I passed him and went in to the lead. When I reached T1 I had roughly a 2 second lead . By the time I had reached Casio Triangle he had caught me up, was on my tail so I let him pass. By the time we had reached the home straight he was to far ahead to draft.

I'm thinking his acceleration might be his strong point? Or maybe he's just a kick ass driver?

He's probably just a really good driver like you said. The acceleration is definitely not this car's strong point, but it is good in the corners.

Fooking amazing!!! :cheers:

Haha thanks. Coming from you, that means a lot. :cheers: Just now I hit 2'12.899.

Last edited:
Haha thanks. Coming from you, that means a lot. :cheers: Just now I hit 1'12.899.

He he, I was just giving you a hard time because I think you meant 2'xx and not 1'xx :dopey:

But for sure, your lap is one to be proud of :cheers:

In at :30! :dopey:

He's probably just a really good driver like you said. The acceleration is definitely not this car's strong point, but it is good in the corners.

Haha thanks. Coming from you, that means a lot. :cheers: Just now I hit 1'12.899.

Just switched to the '05 STI, ran a 1'12.892 :dunce: 2'12.892 in freerun, so there! :sly:

Last edited:
Oh! *facepalm* :lol:. So is 2'12.8** seriously any good?

EDIT: Yeah whatever Egghead, I still won last time :sly:.

Ah damn! Double facepalm :dunce:
I didn't even read El_Zissou's post either, duh.

I think 2'12's are reasonable, but the aliens will be in the 2'11's.

Yes, you won the last one :cheers:, but I was still in the '07 STI then. With my 0.007s faster time, I'll be 0.070s ahead of you by the end of the race ;)

Hit my first 2:12 (2:12.349) If only I could find consistency, ohh and avoid being lumbered behind drifting GTR 07's :nervous: I'm to scared to pass them. :)

Last edited:
Tested my R8 tune for Fuji here and get 1.13.437. Not fast enought, but think its possible to get good times with that car too.

Per

Hit my first 2:12 (2:12.349) If only I could find consistency, ohh and avoid being lumbered behind drifting GTR 07's :nervous: I'm to scared to pass them. :)

That's a solid time 👍

I know what you mean about the GTR, at least the one that was in our race. Punted me off a couple times before I got around and away from them :(

Tested my R8 tune for Fuji here and get 1.13.437. Not fast enought, but think its possible to get good times with that car too.

Per

It's definitely possible to get good times with that car. There are a couple of 2'11's posted on GTDB

What tyres are you guys on? I was using s3s on a wrx 07 and got a best time in free run of a 2,10.8XX but in the races everyone was using r1s so i was getting in their way. Best i could get with r1s was 11s

I'll try and join you today.👍
Best time so far 2:10:3xx with my EVO.
The last time we had this i've manage 2:09:7xx with this setup so i need some laps i think.

Last time this event was up, I managed to hit 2'09.385. This morning I was trying my damndest to at least get close to it, but only manage a 2'09.843s. Spent an hour running hot laps OMG! Don't even know how in hell I got that time before.

Aw man, I was proud of my 2'12.899 too. Thanks for ruining that guys. ;) I guess more tuning is yet to come.

Aw man, I was proud of my 2'12.899 too. Thanks for ruining that guys. ;) I guess more tuning is yet to come.

Zo6fun is crazy fast with the '05 Subi aswell. If you know him, maybe you can shoot him a PM for tips on tuning that thing man.

Managed a 2.11.461. I think that's about my limit with this tune I'm running. On the straights I'm lacking acceleration and speed. On the straight after ''spoon curve'' I'm hitting about 120-125 mph, it's pretty much the same for all of the straights.

I'm going to stick with my 05 Subaru though, I know there's a lot more I can get out of it.

i had a short warm up session today with the Evo X. best lap = 2.09,340. did two online races, best clean lap = 2.09,6xx. but i´m not 100% happy with the setup. tomorrow more. there was not much time for me, was a working day for me today. :ouch:

Had some good races with you Rudi :sly:
managed a 2:09.240 in race without slipstream, with the evo....
but still not happy with the gearbox...tomorrow I'll test a bit...

:)

Had some good races with you Rudi :sly:
managed a 2:09.240 in race without slipstream, with the evo....
but still not happy with the gearbox...tomorrow I'll test a bit...

:)

hey guy. honey car is super fast here. Rudi omg, not happy with the set up and already hit low 09s. Super Alien!!!

Wow, I'm humbled. I thought 2'11's-2'10s would be as fast as it would get, or maybe I was just hoping ;)
Got down to a 2'12.377 in clean air with '05 STI, but all I've done to it is tires/weight and gearing so I can at least hope for a few tenths from it without requiring more skill :) Anybody got a link to a good tune?

Last edited:
Wow, I'm humbled. I thought 2'11's-2'10s would be as fast as it would get, or maybe I was just hoping ;)
Got down to a 2'12.377 in clean air with '05 STI, but all I've done to it is tires/weight and gearing so I can at least hope for a few tenths from without requiring more skill :) Anybody got a link to a good tune?

Today I started with the Lions Den tuning shop 05 STI as my base. The first port of call was to swap the s3 tyres for r1's. I haven't really done anything major to it apart from that.

Best I've run is a 2.11.461.

I need to work on the speed on the straights. I think I'm loosing .400 maybe .500 a lap.

I've also set up an Evo which has good all-round speed but because the handling is a bit off. I'm only running mid 2:12's.

If I could somehow fuse the two together. :)

I'm not much of a tuner anyways, so I'll just hang around for someone to post up there tune :sly: lazy boy.

Got down to a 2'12.377 in clean air with '05 STI, but all I've done to it is tires/weight and gearing

Wow, maybe my tuning has been making it worse :scared:. I'll go back to stock suspension and see what happens. Shows you how much of a tuner I am :dunce:.

Latest Posts

Back