You CANNOT trade cars worth 1,000,000 cr and over! Details within.

• Thread starter kingaraya
  • 435 comments
Ask me
TRADING RULES from Patch v1.07 - 4th March 2011

- Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded.
- Used cars valued at 950,000 Cr and above are not able to be traded due to their un-stated 'new' car value being over 1,000,000 Cr.
- One gift of one car or ticket per PS3 per day.
- All tickets are still tradeable except individual car tickets for vehicles valued over 1,000,000 Cr
- The S Vettel, and Carbon Prototype X2010's are not tradeable.
- You are not able to gift cars over 1,000,000 cr to yourself from multiple accounts on the same ps3.
- Downloadable content cars may not be traded.

Original v1.07 restriction announcement
From --> http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/gt5news/d5560.html

Specifically.....

[Other Changes]
- Cars worth over 1,000,000 Cr. (including gift car coupons) are now prohibited from being traded to prevent issues during the trading process. When lending and borrowing cars between friends, please use the car loan system

It has also been independantly confirmed by multiple users that only one car per ps3 can be gifted per day. This means if you have 15 accounts on one console, 14 of those accounts will not be able to gift a car.

Last edited:
That just basically slashed down 70% of trading if not more giving that in the 2 cars involved there's at least one worth over the 1 million Cr if not both cars...folks will start playing the game in the TV instead of the monitor.

what ISSUES is that going to prevent?! if anything... thats going to CREATE more issues...

I can see 4 things that PD fixed with this.

1. Duping of the most valuable cars (X1s, Group C/LMP, F1s, Rally etc.) is now stopped.
2. Birthday glitching is now dead.
3. Car Values and rareness actually is back in order, as cars will actually require credits to buy.
4. GT5 is now played the way it's supposed to be played, by earning the cars, and not abusing and cheating the system to get cars for free.

Whether you think the ones mentioned above are issues, that's your opinion. On the other hand, I think this is an effective method to prevent people from abusing the system while allowing backup saves. For the people who earned their cars with their hard earned credits, this is a good thing. For the people who don't want to spend time or don't have time to play, this is a bad thing.

That just basically slashed down 70% of trading if not more giving that in the 2 cars involved there's at least one worth over the 1 million Cr if not both cars...folks will start playing the game in the TV instead of the monitor.

Not even close, all it did was knock out the people who are trading every color of X1, selling cars on ebay, and all that other kind of spamming cheap garbage all you dupers have been doing.

I can see 4 things that PD fixed with this.

1. Duping of the most valuable cars (X1s, Group C/LMP, F1s, Rally etc.) is now stopped.
2. Birthday glitching is now dead.
3. Car Values and rareness actually is back in order, as cars will actually require credits to buy.
4. GT5 is now played the way it's supposed to be played, by earning the cars, and not abusing and cheating the system to get cars for free.

Whether you think the ones mentioned above are issues, that's your opinion. On the other hand, I think this is an effective method to prevent people from abusing the system while allowing backup saves.
All but #2 and #3 are true. Because of the allowing of backing up saves, you can still rig tickets like the 1000 miles and the level tickets.

I don't really care for trading but if "earning cars" means endless grinding or stupid seasonal events instead of more races being added (permanent not a 2 week deal) then no wonder people were "exploiting" the system. Back in the days of GT4 I built up my garage from scratch and then copied it onto another memory card for a friend which is even "worse" than how trading, duping etc works now. Just seems a bit silly, they're virtual cars not worth anything in reality.

Or just move on to something else. The trading aspect was very cool and the game loses considerable appeal without it in my opinion. Very stupid move by PD. The prices for some cars are outrageous and the payouts for most races are insanely low. People will just move on to something more captivating than grinding the Indy course.

Wonder how much the online activity will go down lol if people can't obtain the cars they want to race, they're going to either quit or just be grinding offline

Given that racing online and trading for rare cars are the only things worth doing in GT5, it looks like PD has taken a giant step backwards.

Or just move on to something else. The trading aspect was very cool and the game loses considerable appeal without it in my opinion. Very stupid move by PD. The prices for some cars are outrageous and the payouts for most races are insanely low. People will just move on to something more captivating than grinding the Indy course.

agreed they need to pull their heads out of their asses on this one.. grinding up several million is too hard and boring for the average individual that doesnt have the entire day on his hands... i got basically everything i need but still they have too many limits on the 1 million plus crowd of vehicles... you cant trade them... you cant sell them... youre stuck with them if you dont like them... its BS

This only removes about 76 unique cars from trading.....

Plus I guess the unvalued cars...

Given that racing online and trading for rare cars are the only things worth doing in GT5, it looks like PD has taken a giant step backwards.

i agree not enough races and the ones there are boring

All but #2 and #3 are true. Because of the allowing of backing up saves, you can still rig tickets like the 1000 miles and the level tickets.

But the damage is way lower than before. You can't get Lvl 23 tickets, which is the level for Group C/ LMPs.

As for the rest, you could technically get it from the other level tickets, like the Rally cars from Lvl 13. But what about the X1? Which is where ticket 1000 comes in.

But, ticket 1000 is such a hit or miss...if you're gonna reload your ticket to try to get that 1 car out of the whole lot. Well have fun, that's even tougher than reloading the UCD to find that one car you want.

agreed they need to pull their heads out of their asses on this one.. grinding up several million is too hard and boring for the average individual that doesnt have the entire day on his hands... i got basically everything i need but still they have too many limits on the 1 million plus crowd of vehicles... you cant trade them... you cant sell them... youre stuck with them if you dont like them... its BS

And most of the prize cars suck....and you can't even sell them to buy something else. Which idiot came up with that idea?

Not even close, all it did was knock out the people who are trading every color of X1, selling cars on ebay, and all that other kind of spamming cheap garbage all you dupers have been doing.

All you dupers lol you got some jokes on you,show me your PD shares. If you have that stance is one thing but the opinion is to be debated freely instead of criticising others by what they do as long as it doesn't prejudice you.Maybe not everyone has the time in the day to grind 100 laps on indy and maybe you do have that time.But that's just you.

All you dupers lol you got some jokes on you,show me your PD shares. If you have that stance is one thing but the opinion is to be debated freely instead of criticising others by what they do as long as it doesn't prejudice you.Maybe not everyone has the time in the day to grind 100 laps on indy and maybe you do have that time.But that's just you.

Exactly. PD should've imposed this since the beginning of the game, but we got a lucky break for three months. GT6 is not coming next week. What's the rush?

From 2 months in progress to a 1 day (today) of total recess. Back to ground zero and swollen thumbs/palms.

From 2 months in progress to a 1 day (today) of total recess. Back to ground zero and swollen thumbs/palms.

I't's not going to affect my trading at all... the only cars I want are not even close to 1 million credits. I picked up all the expensive race cars first and they are all in my main garage so I can use them online if I want.

This just looks like PD caved in to the "barely out of diapers" set who need to feel like they have "earned" something because they setup a Bspec race and went to bed, or have so boring a life that they can sit for hours grinding an Aspec race for enough credits to pay for a car.

IMO, trading served a purpose in this game. It allowed people that enjoy the collecting aspect of the game to collect. I wasn't against the dupers, though I personally never did it, but with the amounts of money there is to earn in the game, it's sort of crazy to earn $20 million? Let alone repeatedly?

I mean even for racing fans, I suspect that it will get old racing in A-spec, which means that you can just grind in B-spec, which is 98% not fun at all? I don't really enjoy leaving my PS3 on for extended periods simply to get to level 40 (which I've done legitimately (or will do, at lvl 37)) or to earn money?

What I did enjoy was being able to trade vehicles that I had legitimately purchased that were "rare" to trade them to others (I've only made 2 trades) so that I could get cars that I enjoy, some of these are the very expensive ones.

IN short, having a 20mil cap on money, a top car price of 20 mil, AND preventing trading in this way is sort of silly. I certainly agree with some type of regulation, but this approach seems a little extreme.

Hmmm. Good patch for the people who were smart enough to get all the interesting and expensive cars earlier, bad for the people who now must spend the rest of their lives grinding Indy in order to afford anything they actually want.

The only thing I'll miss is the remaining X1's I needed. I have every car over £3m!!!! And only a couple of cars I still need in the millions, otherwise the rest are easy easy easy!!

Latest Posts

Back