carTOON - Città di Aorta "Leopard skin"

carTOON - Città di Aorta "Leopard skin" 1

carToons Citta di Aorta captures the vintage Targa Florio mood, especially at night with CrisT86's fantastic lighting additions.

I have created some simple skin changes to give it a more 60s/70s Italian feel, as well upscaling street level textures for a better visual experience.

Changes include:
  • dirtying of road texture on the edges to simulate accumulated dirt and oild drops from parked Fiat 500s
  • altering the colour/shade of the road surafce and sidewalk surface to create a greater distinction between the two
  • lowering the luminosity of many street level textures - trying to create a more FatAlfie-like™ feel where textures aren't super bright and unrealistic
  • changing most of the French shops names to Italian (using Google translate, so let me know if inaccurate)
  • I don't know if the track is set in a particular time period but the 1980s on American ambulance & fire engine weren't working for me as a 50s to 70s period track. At first I removed them both, but decided it was a bit bare at the start so brought the fire track back but tried to make it look a bit more '60s - ideally I would love to inject vintage style kn5s in their place, but I haven't yet figured out how to go about doing that.
  • a new banner at the start/finish
  • upscaling of building face textures - they are so close to the car view
Permission kindly given by carTOON to post my skin.
  • citta_di_aorta_banner.jpg
    citta_di_aorta_banner.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 71
Author
leopardpete
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

More resources from leopardpete

Latest updates

1. Last Italian corrections

Thanks again to @Quark67
  2. carTOON - Città di Aorta "Leopard skin" with Italian title corrections

Thanks to @Quark67 for a comprehensive list of corrections to the Italian shop and banner titles.

Latest reviews

adds more feeling to a circuit which already has character
L
leopardpete
Thanks so much. Mission accomplished.
Back