Porsche 919 Hybrid (2017)

Porsche 919 Hybrid (2017) 1.6

v16_1.jpg

This took longer then expected, but (exactly) two months after my initial release, here is version 1.6 of the 2017 LMP1 Porsche 919 Hybrid.

I've done loads of bug fixes: the smurfs have been kicked out so the car no longer turns blue when you crash, I've added lots of LODs, and I migrated everything to the correct folder.

Wait, correct folder? Yeah, I made a stupid mistake on v1.5: when comparing the many versions of the 2017 Porsche 919 Hybrid I accidentally started working with the gtp_ version of the car, instead of the str_ (SpeedStar) version of the car. Now the car was and still is based on the SpeedStar (str_) version of the car, it's just that I merged to the wrong folder/files in v1.5. This is now corrected in v1.6. This means that version 1.5's folder was 'gtp_porsche_919_2017' and for 1.6 it's 'str_lmp1_porsche_919_hybrid_2017' - you probably want to delete any previous versions of the car, both my v1.5 gtp_ version, and any v1.4.x str_ version you might have.

v16_2.jpg

The full changelog for version 1.6:
  • Renamed folder to str_lmp1_porsche_919_hybrid_2017 (please delete both older str_lmp1_porsche_919_hybrid_2017 and my v1.5 gtp_porsche_919_2017 folders)
  • Added LODs, they are not perfect but good enough for now (and better than nothing)
  • Slightly changed some data files to better align with SpeedStar2000's latest version (1.4.1)
  • Issues with blurred rims becoming transparant have been solved (in a hacky way because the 3D-model is weird)
  • Re-textured some rim decals and corrected the shaders
  • Issues with visual damage creating a blue hue over the car have been solved
  • Basic implementation of visual damage added, the car will somewhat correctly crack and scrape if you crash it and have damage enabled
  • Minor updates to AO textures
  • Minor updates to NM textures
  • Updates to Tribute versions of the car with regards to sponsors (very minor)
  • Corrected white number on the back of the car (very minor)
  • Cleaned up the Data folder and some other development stuff before release

Enjoy! And do let me know if you run into any issues.

v16_3.jpg
Back