Garage B Tuning

• Thread starter Garage B
  • 70 comments
Garage B Tuning
Gone for a two day Tuning Session...check back Wed 8/22/07

At Garage B we specialize tuning Japanese cars.
We also tune these cars for both Grip and Drift.
We will also be joining any online race series as long as there are Japanese cars.

If you have any car you want tuned, just send a pm.

If someone is interested in joining Garage B..please pm me

Grip Cars
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04
Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B - STI Ver. '98

Drift Cars

Why?

An S2000 or an NSX I can see the point but why tune Nippon-siki's when you can work on BMW's, Mercs, Jags, TVR's, Porsches (RUF's, sorry :embarrassed:)?

Ah well, each to his own - I should take my bag of prejudice elsewhere; excuse me ... of course there is the fact that the game engine is skewed to bias the Japanese manufacturers (but given that that's where the bribes ... sorry ... development money came from who can blame them?).

Why?

An S2000 or an NSX I can see the point but why tune Nippon-siki's when you can work on BMW's, Mercs, Jags, TVR's, Porsches (RUF's, sorry :embarrassed:)?

Ah well, each to his own - I should take my bag of prejudice elsewhere; excuse me ... of course there is the fact that the game engine is skewed to bias the Japanese manufacturers (but given that that's where the bribes ... sorry ... development money came from who can blame them?).

i want to focus only on japanese cars because i like them and if someone wanted a setting for a japanese car, they can easily find it here....if u want to tune european cars...go and make up your own tuning thread

and no need to get on the topic about where $ came from for the game....this thread is for settings for cars not a debate thread

so please keep this thread clean and not full of BS talk or i wont even bother wasting my time posting my settings

Garage B,can you give me a good grip set up for one of these cars:
Lancer Evo VIII RS.
Lancer Evo VIII GSR.
Lancer Evo VIII MR GSR.

Thank you.
serge

Why?

:lol: you're funny dude.

Parnelli, I thank you, sir :D.

Toronado and Garage B, I should've sprinkled a few 'jesty' smilies through the post I reckon - I was tired but their lack was a bad oversight. Sorry that it came across as much more serious and snippety than it did in my head :(.

However, proof of fiscal malfeasance notwithstanding, there is a general accepted performance bias in the game in favour of the Japanese manufacturers and their cars. It's a Japanese game company after all so it's not exactly a surprise - it's just an annoyance in the best/most fun racing game available.

Still, it's not something I should've brought up in someones tuning thread.

That's especially true when it's someone who I don't know and who doesn't know me (or what passes for my sense of humour) - my apologies.

IMG0060.jpg

Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04
GRIP Car
Power: 534 PS

Part List:
Racing Exhaust
Sports Racing Chip
Sport Tires (S3) - for sport tire races
Race Tires
Original Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Original Suspension
Full Custom Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
2-way Limited Slip
Roll Cage
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Spoiler
Port and Polish
Engine Balancing
Displacement Up
Weight Reduction 3

Suspension
-Spring Rate: 12.0 / 11.0
-Ride Height: 110 / 120
-Absorbers: 8 / 8
-Bound: -- / --
-Rebound: -- / --
-Camber: 2.5 / 1.0
-Toe: 0 / 0
-Stabilizers: 4 / 3

LSD
-Initial: --
-Acceleration: --
-Deceleration: --

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
-ASM Oversteer: 0
-ASM Understeer: 0
-TCS: 0

Brake Controller
-Brakes: 10 / 7

Transmission
Gear Ratios
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:

Final:
Autoset 15

Ballast
-Weight: 0

Garage B can you tune the Toyota GT-one, I know this is an expensive car, but I want it for Extreme Section (Gran Turismo All Stars ) and make it grip with R1/R1 tires .

Regards

shangoob

And sorry for my bad english

Suspension
-Spring Rate: 12.0 / 11.0
-Ride Height: 110 / 120
-Absorbers: 8 / 8
-Bound: 6 / 6
-Rebound: 8 / 8
-Camber: 2.5 / 1.0
-Stabilizers: 4 / 3
Tell me, how can you set up all the damper settings at the same time? The Fully Customizable Suspension has the "Bound" and "Rebound" values, while the Original Suspension has the "Damper" values. There is something a bit fishy in this.

As much as I hate saying this, did you actually tune the car from ground up or did you just apply a preset formula of setups and pass it off as a complete car? The vehicle understeers to no end thanks to the 2-way diff and the rollcage. Maybe it's just driving style but odd nevertheless.

Tell me, how can you set up all the damper settings at the same time? The Fully Customizable Suspension has the "Bound" and "Rebound" values, while the Original Suspension has the "Damper" values. There is something a bit fishy in this.

As much as I hate saying this, did you actually tune the car from ground up or did you just apply a preset formula of setups and pass it off as a complete car? The vehicle understeers to no end thanks to the 2-way diff and the rollcage. Maybe it's just driving style but odd nevertheless.

hey woops my bad, i copied the "how to post settings" and forgot to take the bound and rebound off...sorry

ps. i will try and tweak it a lil more and add the custom lsd, check back later for updates

I request some settings, for the Sarthe II, with a Subaru Impreza 22B STi? The straightaway is everything here. If you could still allow the car to have at least some acceleration would be nice. No AIDS.

I request some settings, for the Sarthe II, with a Subaru Impreza 22B STi? The straightaway is everything here. If you could still allow the car to have at least some acceleration would be nice. No AIDS.

yea gimme a few and ill have something good, i was actually working on some other cars for that track for top speeds

IMG0004.jpg

Car: Subaru Impreza Coupe 22B - STI Ver. '98
GRIP Car
Power: 548 PS

Part List:
Racing Exhaust
Sports Racing Chip
Race Tires (R3)
Original Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Original Suspension
Full Custom Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Custom Limited Slip
Rigidity Refresher Plan
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Spoiler
Port and Polish
Engine Balancing
Displacement Up
Weight Reduction 3

Suspension
-Spring Rate: 12.5 / 12.0
-Ride Height: 100 / 112
-Absorbers: 9 / 9
-Bound: -- / --
-Rebound: -- / --
-Camber: 2.5 / 0.0
-Stabilizers: 4 / 5

LSD
-Initial: 30 / 30
-Acceleration: 40 / 40
-Deceleration: 20 / 20

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 30

Driving Aids
-ASM Oversteer: 0
-ASM Understeer: 0
-TCS: 0

Brake Controller
-Brakes: 5 / 5

Transmission
Gear Ratios
1st: 2.492
2nd: 1.669
3rd: 1.214
4th: 0.927
5th: 0.742
6th: 0.624

Autoset 15 then
Final: 4.000

Ballast
-Weight: 0

(test it out and lemme kno what you think) opinions welcome

guys can u plz tune a NISMO SKYLINE GT-R R-TUNE 99

drift and grip settings plz if u dont mined

cheers,
dimlpz

Please, take a look at the AUP and start using proper grammar. It makes our lives easier when we all actually understand what you're asking for. Thank you.

Garage B, what you could do to reduce instability while braking from high speeds by increasing the rear brakes settings in the Brake Controller, to say, 10-15 maybe? More powerful rear brakes induce understeer.

Or is it front brakes? I believe its rear though.

The general wisdom is that front brake bias increases understeer and rear brake bias enhances oversteer.

However, trying to adjust cornering behaviour with brake bias is a last resort approach and cranking them up very high is not good - all you do then is make sure the simulated ABS operates all the time (I even run the F1 car with brakes in the 4 - 5 range :D).

It's interesting to see a thread on tuning that uses what I assume is the so called 'original' suspension from the Nihon-centric "Tuning Hall" (not sure of the name). At first I thought you were using Semi-Custom and couldn't figure out why you would be putting roll cages and wings with it :lol:.

I have to confess I've never used any of the parts from that section (see earlier post about being very pro-European in my car choices :embarrassed:) so I can't really offer informed comment - that said, they're looking a little stiff Garage B (ooh er, missus! :D). Dampers that hard would be overriding the action of the suspension to a large extent, or so I would suspect, transmitting energy directly between the sprung and unsprung weight and not allowing the springs to do their job properly.

Try turning them down a little and see what happens.

The general wisdom is that front brake bias increases understeer and rear brake bias enhances oversteer.

However, trying to adjust cornering behaviour with brake bias is a last resort approach and cranking them up very high is not good - all you do then is make sure the simulated ABS operates all the time (I even run the F1 car with brakes in the 4 - 5 range :D).

It's interesting to see a thread on tuning that uses what I assume is the so called 'original' suspension from the Nihon-centric "Tuning Hall" (not sure of the name). At first I thought you were using Semi-Custom and couldn't figure out why you would be putting roll cages and wings with it :lol:.

I have to confess I've never used any of the parts from that section (see earlier post about being very pro-European in my car choices :embarrassed:) so I can't really offer informed comment - that said, they're looking a little stiff Garage B (ooh er, missus! :D). Dampers that hard would be overriding the action of the suspension to a large extent, or so I would suspect, transmitting energy directly between the sprung and unsprung weight and not allowing the springs to do their job properly.

Try turning them down a little and see what happens.

hey i appreciate the tuning help sukerkin...feedback like this while greatly improve Garage B:tup:

im going to go back and fix the Evo and 22B and then ill finish up the GTR

ok due to the fact i need to improve on some things....im taking a two day break to fix some stuff up and get some other car settings together.....so check back Wed 8/22/07

I'm sorry, what mistake is there? I can't see any visible mistake.

Tell ya what: Go to MS Word after copying "puncuation" from my post > Paste it on MS Word > Spell Check it.

I'm sorry, what mistake is there? I can't see any visible mistake.

Tell ya what: Go to MS Word after copying "puncuation" from my post > Paste it on MS Word > Spell Check it.

puncuation - Incorrect
punctuation - Correct

you guys sound like lil kids arguing over stupid crap...o wait just checked your profile...your 15

can we PLEASE keep this freakin thread for Tuning! and opinions on the cars and not spelling or grammar or stupid BS...bc its really annoying me and i wont bother posting on GTP anymore:tdown:

Hey, being young is no excuse for it either. I'm 14 and I do my best to get it all perfect. And English is my most hated class.

BTW, my Firefox has spell check. And puncuation is wrong. Anyways, let's listen to the big man and keep it on the subject of tuning.

thanks ill check back WED for the settings for the NISMO SKYLINE GT-R R-TUNE (R34)'99
thanks a bunch GARAGE B :TUNING ill spread the word about you guys and your tune ups
thanks,
dimplz

While you're at it, go and pay a visit at the thread in my signature. Oddly enough, there had been no tuning threads for months until I made one... after only a few days these began to pop up. Just a coincidence? Maybe. :odd:

IIRC, I fired mine up shortly after yours.

A-Spec did one too. GB and MFT are the only ones to be floating properly. I ain't putting time into something people don't want. I've got an utter lack of requests coming in, all I have available to do is a 787B... And I don't own one right now.

Back