Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
could someone try my wrx wagon and nsx? and i really feel like a n00b asking this, but how do you make a garage?

quite simple actually: you make a post in this thread. Then you should put a title and links to your setups in the post. It's also very helpful to send a link to your garage to Kent, the moderator/owner of this thread, so he could put a link to your garage in the first post. That's all.

You could put a link to your garage in your signature, witch I find very helpful.
(Especially when someone is crying for a review of one of his setups:P)

Edit: Special thanks to all of you who shared his/hers way of tuning. I hoped this would learn me a lot, combined with Scaff's guide. To be honest, It did.:)

And just to let you guys know: tomorrow is one of my last days of the vacation witch I'm not occupied, so if you would like me to review a car for you, just send a pm.

Thanks. That's actually one course where I'll be driving 90% myself (Sparky is for really PUSHING at Nurburgring and being able to watch the car's behavior while not driving it) and I find it really tough going, but I do manage to take the car to the limit most of the time, even while wiping out several times a lap :)

I'm looking forward to responses on the Suzuki, even if it's only an explanation of what I'm doing that's out of step with everybody. Everything has a context and I'm still trying to work out what's proper behavior for GTplanet- I'd much rather tune cars that people will enjoy, than do stuff that annoys. I get the feeling that my R5 tires and lap times didn't go over well, but it's only a way of stressing the car more- I have the feeling that going to racing tires speeds everything up as far as throwing the car out of balance, so if you have a car that lacks composure and you throw it on the Ring on R5s at speed it'll tie itself in knots, backwards. On normal tires it might not have the force to throw itself too violently out of balance. I could be wrong...

R5's allow for such great grip that they mask VERY many problems. Tune on S grade tires when possible, R2's at most. I tune for the final car to run on R3's, so I use R2's for all tuning, and when the car is as good as I can make it, I will bolt on the R3's and drive it to check for problems (Sometimes the added front grip creates oversteer despite the grabbier rear tires) and fine-tune it. Then I release it.

LdS, Your garage has a nice line up of "wheels".:)

Oh and when I'm done, would you do one of mine?

Just to let you guys know, my Ps2 is having these disk read error problems...
This isn't a big problem, because I have a Ps3. I just don't have a memory card adapter...
That hopefully will arrive at Monday, so until then, I won't be able to review any settings(or play GT4 at all, for that matter:().

Edit: I've also updated my Shelby Mustang GT 350R page

Audi S4 '98
Parts:
Race Exhaust
Sports Chip
Stage 4 Turbo
Race intercooler
Nitrous

Race brakes
Brake controller

Race Suspension
R3 Tires
Stage 2 weight
all rigidity upgrades

full transmission
full lsd
race flywheel
triple clutch
carbon driveshaft
oil change

settings:
Nitrous:44
Brakes:5/5
Spring rate:9.0/6.6
Ride Height:127/127
Bound:8/8
Rebound:8/8
Camber angle:3.0/2.5
Toe:0/0
Stabilizers:5/5

Transmission: Auto:14 Final:4.271
1st:2.410
2nd:1.628
3rd:1.181
4th:0.906
5th:0.725
6th:0.607

LSD:13/17
44/45
20/20
No aids
Tsukuba:0'52.995
Fun car, really quick, make sure you buy the racing tires because without them this car is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT(in a bad way). Feel free to comment

The bullcrap continues...

To my greatest surprise, the memory card adapter arrived today! I was super happy, so I quickly put the GT4 disk in my Ps3.

All I got was a black screen...

anyone's got an idea? I've played GT4 on the Ps3 of a friend of mine, and he hasn't done a firmware update yet!

immm back.... im hoping to get my stuff up and running again the hommel berlinette is done i just took a break from being a tuner cause i had some SERIOUS stuff come up but dont worry ill get on probably tonight and post it and another toy ive been playing with

Nice!

After a little fiddling with my ps3, GT4 worked!:) and now GT40 is back too!

I love today.:D

@LdS: The "Widowmaker" Review is currently around 30%, I might finish it tonight.
@GT40: I've learnt a lot about tuning in the past months, and because I know you love old school American muscle cars I might redo the Shelby Mustang settings soon.;) Would you like to re-review the settings then? I will be going for 10/10 this time:sly:(extra motivation:P)

Nissan Skyline GTR '99
Parts:Bought from Mines
Race Exhaust
sports chip
engine balancing
displacement up
turbo stage 1
race intercooler

race brakes
brake controller

Race Suspension
R3 tires
stage 1 weight
refresher plan

full customize transmission
triple clutch
race flywheel
carbon driveshaft
full lsd
VCD
oil change
spoiler

Settings:
brakes:3/3
spring rate:7.5/9.5
ride height:124/124
bound:7/8
rebound:8/7
camber:2.5/1.5
Toe:1/-2
stabilizers:3/5

Transmission:auto:13 Final:3.660
LSD:30/25
50/25
15/15
VCD:45
Downforce:30/30
Out of all of my cars this is the best all around one. This car can handle any track at any time, my other cars were basically only good on tsukuba, i tested it on multiple courses making sure it wasn't too stiff or unstable. I kept it simple with 443 horsepower. The transmission may need some more tweaking, so if you find a better set up, just post it. enjoy. the car is even better without the VCD and LSD.

hemisport15, I guarantee that car will become better if you remove the VCD and LSD. The GT-R Skylines have electronical self-adjusting differentials fitted as stock and they are the best differentials you will ever see in that car. No mechanical parts can match the combination of grip and nimbleness the stock differentials offer. Other than that, it is a solid setup. 👍

@Speedster. Well, speedster, I’ve tested your S2000, and first I must say: I loved the car, it had a good acceleration and it steers so well, what a pleasant drive…but…what?...what is this??? Driving Aids??? And they are on??? ASM (BOTH):10 and TCS: 7??? Let me put all to 0 and see what the car is now!:mischievous:
Ok, it spins a little to much, especially on the Nurb, and if you push it too hard for it. Well, it is drivable, but this car can do a lot better.
I've test the car both in the Nurb and on Tsukuba.
Can I ask you to redone the settings but without the Driving Aids??? I know that the S2000 is capable of being a great car without driving aids.

I would like also to give you a tip about tune a car. Well, it works for me. I would advise you to first test the car in stock. Point out what you think it needs and what are the week points. 2nd: buy the parts that you think that should be bought. 3rd. tune the car. I would advise also to tune the car on a more “suitable for tuning” track, like Autumn Ring, Trial Mountain, Grand Valley Speedway, the Ring…, because, Tsukuba doesn’t have enough (how can I say in one word)…I don’t call them difficult corners, but a bit more balanced track like the Ring (I hope you get what I mean). I’ll leave you with the rest, and Happy Tuning.
:cheers:
P.S.- I didn’t send this advice tip for P.M., because it can be also useful for new members…

@Vince. I would like to test one of your cars, but it seems like that they already have been tested….

I have to say that I agree with Greycap here. LSD/VCD + GT-R = not good bedfellows.. I know it from bitter experience. it might work in racecars, but in roadcars.. no..

Well, I'm sorry about that LdS. Atm am I updating my ViPP Mustang G.T. 350R '07 settings.
The only thing is, I'm having trouble with excessive wheel spin in the lower gears...
what could I do about it, without doing anything to the Driving Aids ?

Adding to the previous speaker... softer rear dampers, softer rear springs, and the last but not the least, facing overwhelming power, throttle control. 👍

Toyota Celica GT-Four (ST205)
Parts: Bought from Trial (416 HP)
Sports Chip
Stage 2 Turbo
Race intercooler
Engine Balancing

Race Brakes
Brake controlller

R3 Tires
Race Suspension
Stage 1 weight
Refresher plan

Full customize transmission
Triple clutch
Race flywheel
carbon driveshaft
full LSD
Oil change
Spoiler

Settings:
Brakes:4/4
Downforce:15/15
Spring rate:6.6/7.6
Ride Height:120/120
Bound:6/7
Rebound:6/6
Camber:3.0/2.0
Toe:2/-2
Stabilizers:3/4

Transmission: Auto:13 Final:4.320
1st:2.667
2nd:1.808
3rd:1.325
4th:1.018
5th:0.820
6th:0.692

LSD:25/15
50/30
20/20
Downforce:15/15
no aids
This is another car that is more of an all around car. It is very quick, and has a pretty good top speed. The steering is quick and may oversteer. Other than that it is a great car. If you liked my skyline you will like this car. feel free to comment and make suggestions. Next car is a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V GSR '98.

Tripoint Engineering & Mazdaspeed Motorsports Presents

ms6gtrz6.jpg

2005 Tripoint MS6 GT
@ Infineon Sports Car Course Best Lap 1:46.879

This is a special edition MS6 GT in Conjunction with Tripoioint Engineering and Mazdaspeed Motorsports. This car was built with the racing technologies straight from the MS6 Touring Car. The MS6 GT is a street tuned version of the MS6 Touring Car that embodies not only performance but a pleasurable driving experience for the weekend racer. The 2.3 turbo engine produces 355hp & 350lbs-ft. With a blistering 0-60 in 4.2sec and 12.8sec in the 1/4, this MS6 GT means business. While cruising it's sport tuned suspension rides comfortably but when the roads start to curve the MS6 GT will then attack with a ferocious bite. While the Potenzas grip it pulls the GT with over 1g through the long sweeping carousel in 3rd gear but does tend to push a bit, with a little throttle control it can be tamed. Overall I like this car it drives very smooth and handles quite solid for a street tuned machine. The one thing that will require the utmost attention is the under steer. Safe enough for the street but will require above average driving skills to be driven fast. Have fun.👍

Engine Built by Comptech USA

2.3 Liter-4 Cylinder 355-hp 350lb-ft
Engine Balanced
Racing Chip
Stage 1 Garret turbo
Sports Repositioned Tripoint FMIC
Semi Racing Mazdaspeed High Flow Cat 3" Exhaust

Drivetrain/Suspension
Susp: Sports Koni Yellows & H&R Springs
Clutch: Sports ACT stage 1
Flywheel: Semi Racing Fidanza
LSD: Mazdaspeed 1.5
Brakes: Racing Stop Tech 4pot Front - 2pot Rear

PWR: 3.723
Weight: Stage 1 Reduction 1320kg

Tires & Wheels
N3 tires Bridgestone Potenza RE050A 235/40-18
OZ Racing #030 LightWeight Cast Aluminum Superleggra Wheels

Mazdaspeed Motorsports Settings

Spring Rate- 6.2......5.2
Ride Hieght- 125......125
Shock Absorb- 6.......7
Camber- 2.3.......2.2

MS6 GT Performance
0-60: 4.2
0-100: 10.4
1/4: 12.823 @ 112mph
1000m: 23.250 @ 143mph
Top Speed: 177mph
60-0 108-111ft/33-34m
Skidpad: 1.1g

Stock MS6 Atenza Performance
0-60: 5.4
0-100: 14.2
1/4: 14.2 @ 99mph
1000m: 25.9 @ 127mph
Top Speed: 162mph
60-0 113ft-115ft
Skidpad: .89g

Power: 272-hp 280lb-ft
PWR: 5.512
Weight: 1500kg

Stock allowable settings: (This information came straight from the dealership. I wanted to tune this car around the stock allowable settings only.):sly:

Front Camber -1.28 to 0.72
Front Toe -0.03 to 0.12
Rear Camber -2.22 to -0.22
Rear Toe -0.03 to 0.12

Sonzilla, that post looks quite impressive! +rep:tup:

And here's the review of LdS's Widowmaker!

Mercedes 300 SL '54 aka. The Widowmaker.

First I would like to say to you, what a wonderful choice! This car is to me a piece of art in the history of all cars.:) But don't be worried, this won't influence my observations about your tuning.;)

To see what difference your settings would make, I first took the car Stock to Autumn ring. For me, this where my observations:

On the driving part, is the car an easy going one. I think it could use some extra power and a racing suspension.

Now I applied your parts and settings to the car. I have to notice you about the fact that some things you did quite surprised me. Later this will be further explained.

So I took the car out for a ride.

The car drove quite good. I did notice though that I had some trouble with understeer at the turn in of most corners and a lot of oversteer at some corner exits, if you push it. especially at the corner after a slope downhill after the 2nd hairpin on Autumn Ring.

The things that had caused my surprise were the Ride height and the ballast weight. Because of the high rear, you would make your car oversteer, especially at corner exit. After testing, I noticed this was true. I'd suggest you to lower the rear.
And the understeer at turn in could be solved by lowering the front dampers with one tick.
Now about the ballast weight, I was wondering why did you do it?
As I can tell, -25 front/rear balance means you're adding weight to the front.
The car is FR, meaning the engine is placed up front. If you want to get closer to a 50/50 weight balance, you should add weight at the rear. So why would anyone place 50 kilogrammes(hey, that's almost as much as I am! just 10 kg to low:P) up front? Why should you add weight at all?

I would give this set up a 7/10. The set up was good, although the suspension needed some more tweaking.

I hope this will help you, Cheers!

Vince.

Thanks for the review, + REP! 👍

Well, speaking the truth, I quite don’t remember why I put more weight on the front. But it has to have a good reason. I have to test the car again to see why I did that.
Thanks

LdS
Thanks for the review, + REP! 👍

Well, speaking the truth, I quite don’t remember why I put more weight on the front. But it has to have a good reason. I have to test the car again to see why I did that.
Thanks

No problem, just let me hear about that ballastweight. I was quite astonished, so now I'm curious for the reason.:P

Good to know GT40, enjoy your meal.;)

here is the berlinette, once i get paid next, im gonna get a flash drive pics will come
hommel berlinette R/S
color-silver
Power- 297hp
torque-242ft lbs
weight- 893kg

stuff to buy
racing exhaust
race chip
s3 tires
race brakes
brake balance controller
stage 2 turbo
engine balance
port and polish
stage 2 weight reduction
race suspension
full customization transmission and lsd
race flywheel
wing
wheels-up to you
SUSPENSION SETTINGS
f r
springs- 10.0/10.5
height-85 all around
shocks-8 (both bound and rebound)
camber 2.0/1.0
stabalizers5/5

transmission
1st-2.803
2nd-2.020
3rd-1.493
4th-1.206
5th-0.995
6th-0.799
final drive- 3.930
auto set-12
downforce- front=5 rear=10
tcs-2
this car is actually really fun to drive for the bit of power its got it is fairly quick. handles really good and take the TCS off it is even better of a ride
midfield lap times-1'25.348
enjoy

I am shocked!!!
What happened is, I found that I had 2 settings for the car. One was on plot B and the other (the one you tested) was on plot C. Don’t worry, you have tested the right one. But I am shocked that how the B setting has more HP and is slower than the C setting that has less HP???:confused:

Has for the ballast weight, test the car with and without it and see the differences. Strange that may seem, the car has a more “suave” (soft) handling with the ballast set up.Maybe that is way I put it….:indiff:

Latest Posts

Back