Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Tires: Test and tune the car on lesser tires than you plan on releasing it, as a car that corners well on cheap tires will just get better on grippier tires.

In my experience, that's only true some of the time.
An example to use would be the Toyota Supra RZ.
I tuned a Supra RZ to about 450hp for use with S3 tires. IMO it was just right but when racing tires are used on the exact same setup and settings the car's behavior changes dramatically. What was once a well tuned car suddenly becomes a horrible car that needs all new settings.

You can find a link to the car under my name on the first page of this thread. Give my Supra RZ a try if you get the chance, it just might show you that when tuning for a specific setup you can often come up with specific settings that don't necessarily work once the setup has been changed.

True, Kent.

Do you want me to write you a review about your Supra RZ?

Edit: Is it an idea to make a redesign to the first post? Say put in a top three of most popular tuner cars, a top 5(/10) of interesting cars that haven't been set up in this thread, and so on.

I wouldn't mind to help you with that.

Just send me a pm, if your interested in my help.

Hey Kent, long time no see:)

@Vince: You mean like a statistic to this thread? Do you think that is a good idea??? Having a top 5 or 10 interesting cars to be tuned would be like a good idea but, what are for you interesting cars to tune? I tuned mainly cars that I like, but (for example) for me an interesting car for tuning is a challenging car for tuning. (oh, how I wish I’d have the Jay Leno Thank car….). Just a thought...:)👍

@ Vince: Thnaks for testing my Golf R32. Glad you liked it. I've been busy with RL, so GTP, GT4 and PS2 are waiting for better and relaxed days to come... I'll keep scrolling this thread in the meantime ;)

Kent: Your setup was off in the first place on said Supra. It may have cornered well enough, without oversteer, but let me guess: You put the racing tires on and it oversteered, right? Means that you had been overusing the front tires. While it may not have understeered, the grippier tires reduced the front slip angle more than the rear, hence the wonkiness. Or did it start understeering?

I always do a few laps with tires at grade to make sure it checks out.\

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have not tested yours yet. To be honest, I think Supras are overweight piles.

Kent: Your setup was off in the first place on said Supra. It may have cornered well enough, without oversteer, but let me guess: You put the racing tires on and it oversteered, right? Means that you had been overusing the front tires. While it may not have understeered, the grippier tires reduced the front slip angle more than the rear, hence the wonkiness. Or did it start understeering?

I always do a few laps with tires at grade to make sure it checks out.

Well are you asking me what it did or are you telling me what it did for you? ;)

PEUGEOT 205 Turbo 16 '85.

L4: DOHC.
1775cc.
433HP/6750rpm.
440.61NM/4000rpm.
1076kG.
4WD.
Parts to buy.
Racing exhaust & airfilter/Racing brakes kit & brake controller/Transmission fully customisable/Variable lsd/Stage 3 turbo kit/Fully customisable suspension/VCD controller/Weight reduction:stage 3/Increase regidity/Body rigidity refresher plan.
Tyres:Sports medium.
Settings
Sprigrate:Front 9.8/Rear 7.8.
Ride height:Front 95/Rear 95.
Damper (bounce side) Front 6/Rear 6.
Damper (rebound side) 6/6.
Camber angle:Front 2.3/Rear 1.5.
Toe angle:Front 1-2/Rear 1-2.
Stabiliser:Front 5/Rear 5.
Downforce:Front 12/Rear 16.
Gears
1st:3.026.
2nd:1.994.
3rd:1.425.
4th:1.078.
5th:0.862.
Final:3.961.
Auto settings:10.

Asking what it did. Too bad my edit didn't come soon enough...

EDIT: Serge, what's with the 1.5 on toe? We only have -4 to 4 in whole numbers.

Asking what it did. Too bad my edit didn't come soon enough...

EDIT: Serge, what's with the 1.5 on toe? We only have -4 to 4 in whole numbers.

Sorry,little mistake there from me,that must be 1 or 2.
Sometimes I can't read my own hand writing.:dopey:(I hope that is correct English)
Thank you Rotary Junkie for correcting my mistake.;)

serge

LdS
Hey Kent, long time no see:)

@Vince: You mean like a statistic to this thread? Do you think that is a good idea??? Having a top 5 or 10 interesting cars to be tuned would be like a good idea but, what are for you interesting cars to tune? I tuned mainly cars that I like, but (for example) for me an interesting car for tuning is a challenging car for tuning. (oh, how I wish I’d have the Jay Leno Tank car….). Just a thought...:)👍

yeah, sort of.

Example:

Interesting* cars to tune:

Cars that are known as very hard to tune:

*for me interesting cars to tune are cars that have the potential to be fast, but just need a proper set up.

@ Vince: Thanks for testing my Golf R32. Glad you liked it. I've been busy with RL, so GTP, GT4 and PS2 are waiting for better and relaxed days to come... I'll keep scrolling this thread in the meantime ;)

No problem Azevedojose, I enjoyed it.

---------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime I will be off for tuning for a couple of days. I'll be back!

I'm Busy with

- Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
- Black car Project (japanese)
- Spyker C8 Laviolette '05
- Updating Tuner garages settings(noted as under construction in my garage.)

spykercrossbarca9.jpg

Source: http://www.spykercars.nl/
http://www.spykercars.nl/
http://www.spykercars.nl/
Spyker ViPP C8 Laviolette S '01

476 HP
964 Kg
0-100 km/h in 4.2 sec.

spykercrossbar02mh4.jpg

Source: http://www.spykercars.nl/http://www.spykercars.nl/http://www.spykercars.nl/

Parts:

Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Port & Polish
Engine Balancing
Fully Customizable Transmission
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable Limited Slip Differential
Carbon Driveshaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sports Soft Tires
Weight reduction Stage 3

spykercrossbar03ds7.jpg

Source: http://www.spykercars.nl/?pag=8
http://www.spykercars.nl/?pag=8
http://www.spykercars.nl/?pag=8
Settings:

BBC: 9/4
Susp:
9.6/10
93/93
3/4
4/6
2.3/1.3
0/0
4/4
Trans: Auto 11,
1st to 3.400,
2nd to 2.300,
final to 3.650

Driving Aids: 0/0/0

LSD: 10/35/10

Ahh the Spyker, one of the few cars that are made in the Netherlands. It is also one of the few that is hand-built from scratch.
Have fun, just don't forget to write me a review.;)

I am having some serious tuner block here and can't think of a car to tune. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Thanks.

Toyota 2000GT? It's expensive, but it's good ol' classic and deserves some good treatment from skilled tuners.

I agree with Leonidae,

If I can't find a new project to tune, I always go here

Examples:

Audi TT, BMW 120 d, Honda HSC, Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione,

just to name a few interesting ones.

Edit:

I think I need your advice, I'm having a slight problem right now.
I want to win the Nissan GT-R Tokyo Motor Show Car.(the one you quite frequently see in the GT5:Pro trailers)
Now you can obtain that car by golding all medals in the National A licenses.
Now after a week of hard trying I've golded them all except the last 4 tests...
especially the A-13 is hard, I've been trying this one for four hours now.(last 4 days 1 hour a day.)
This is a real heart breaker, I'm feeling quite melancholic at the moment.:(

Any help would be very much appreciated!

(I know I need patience, it's just that frustration is "kicking" patience's "ass" right now...)

thanks for the suggestions. i will probably do the cougar, but i have a baseball tournement this week and i will be out of state so if you guys give me a week or two i will have it up. thanks.

Soo... Very precise and agile. Preferably capable of kicking the tail out around hairpins, but stable otherwise. Am I correct?

Yeah, you got the right idea, you're gonna want the car to be stable, if it isn't then it'll lose control going through a set of chicanes. If anything you'll want it to spin tires in maybe 1rst and 2nd so it'll rotate.

'03 BMW M3 CSL

IMG0018.jpg
IMG0016.jpg

IMG0015.jpg
IMG0017.jpg

Specs:
HP: 517
Torque: 379ft-lbs
Weight: 1177kg
Drivetrain: FR
Engine: L6
Displacement: 3246cc

Parts to Buy:
Racing Exhaust
Brake Controller
Stage 3 NA Tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Full Custom Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Full Custom Suspension
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Oil Change

Settings:
Front/Rear
Spring Rate:14.8/13.8
Ride Height:63/63
Shock Bound:7/7
Shock Rebound:9/9
Camber Angle:2.2/1.6
Toe Angle:0/0
Stabilizers:4/4

Gear Ratios Auto Set to: 18

Brakes:
Front/Rear
7/7

Driving Aids
ASM (oversteer):0
ASM (understeer):0
TCS:1

The Bugatti EB218 was a concept sedan. It is a limousine in the vein of the legendary 1926 Bugatti Royale with a 3 meter (118 in) wheelbase and is 212 in (5385 mm) long. It features a longitudinal groove intended to echo the Bugatti Atlantic. It shared some stylistic features with the EB 112 prototype presented in 1993.
Power comes from a Volkswagen-designed W18 engine. This 6.3 liter engine is entirely different from the "production" W16 found on the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - it features three banks of six cylinders with 60 degrees separating each bank. Power is quoted at 555 hp (408 kW) and 479ft·lbf (650 Nm), exactly the same as the Bugatti EB 118 concept car.

Image:Bugatti_EB218_Concept_1999_1.jpg

The Bugatti EB218 was a concept sedan. It is a limousine in the vein of the legendary 1926 Bugatti Royale with a 3 meter (118 in) wheelbase and is 212 in (5385 mm) long. It features a longitudinal groove intended to echo the Bugatti Atlantic. It shared some stylistic features with the EB 112 prototype presented in 1993.
Power comes from a Volkswagen-designed W18 engine. This 6.3 liter engine is entirely different from the "production" W16 found on the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - it features three banks of six cylinders with 60 degrees separating each bank. Power is quoted at 555 hp (408 kW) and 479ft·lbf (650 Nm), exactly the same as the Bugatti EB 118 concept car.

Image:Bugatti_EB218_Concept_1999_1.jpg

I appreciate your enthusiasm. :cheers:
However, the purpose of this thread is just a bit off from what you've got here.

What we do in this thread is post a reply with the parts and settings of a car we (you) have tuned for use in GT4.
If you want to include photomode pictures you are welcome to do so. 👍
Also, if you want to create a post with a title like "Welcome to IronHorse's Garage" then post links to all the various cars you've tuned I will gladly add your name and post to the first page list. 👍

In any case, thanks for the effort but next time try to post a car from GT4 that you use (including the parts list and settings). :D

So, nobody's interested in reviewing my spyker?

Here's the Review of GT40's Hommel Berlinette R/S:

First I took the car out for a ride.

This car is very stable, handles great and goes quite fast for the amount of HP under the hood.

Now, I applied your settings:

The upsides of this car.
Well, to be honest, you got me in the flow with this design. It's simple and I like that.:)
Also worth to notice is the good handling and steering responses, I was quite surprised you got that without doing much to the suspension alt all.👍

The downsides.
The things that I didn't like about this car weren't that much, it's just those things that you could easily erase with some suspension tweaking . What I didn't like though was, it seemed that you didn't do much to most upgrades at all.(BBC, Susp, FC LSD for example) It seems that you'd just slapped them on. I mean, if you weren't planning to do anything to the suspension, you'd just could have bought a semi-racing one.

I'd give these settings a 7/10, but I'd be happy to do another review, and a possibility of a higher note if you'd improved your settings a little.

Latest Posts

Back