Gear Ratios Auto Set to: 16

Brakes:
Front/Rear
6/6

Driving Aids
ASM (oversteer):0
ASM (understeer):0
TCS:2

I know Rotary Junkie but thats why I didn't do all the HP mods because then it has too much power. It might have too much right now I am still thinking about switching the turbo to a stage 1.

Supras are difficult to tune and drive in GT4. The torque output is so great that grip is always lacking. I have one tuned in this thead using only 400+hp and it still has grip problems from time to time.
With that said, the Supra tuned for racing is a strong competitor and certainly capable of great lap times (usually equal to those of the R34). However, on sports tires that can change depending on power level, settings, and driver of course.

All in all I really like the Supra but rarely use it since it seems more like a little brother to the speed 12 than a big brother to the MR2. :P

Green Flag: It's STILL a dyno queen.

All a Supra is good for is, truthfully, the monstrous power and torque. In a Skyline or 3KGT, that would actually be welcome, but not in the Supra. Even though cars with more torque exist, and RWD to boot, they don't have the problems that the Supra has. (My now-sold Viper of full power for over 900 ft/lbs of torque comes to mind. Less wheelspin on R2s than a full power Supra)

Seven>Supra. :P

Of course, Seven > Skyline, NSX, 911 GT2, Veyron, etc.

But not better than a 787B.

I know it has too much power and torque. I am thinking about re-tuning it for drag racing since it is all power but I don't even know if it would be good for that.

I still don't think the Supra is a Dyno Queen. However, I would say there is some truth to the RX7 being a better car. 👍
The RX7 is well balanced and fully capable of running high HP with little to no tuning. That said, I wouldn't go so far as to say the RX7 is outright better than the NSX, R34, and I doubt anyone besides a rotary junkie would ever say such a thing about the 911 GT2.
With that in mind, let's try to keep this on topic and relating to GT4. The Veyron and 911 GT2 are not in GT4 and so they are not on topic when discussing the tuning of vehicles from GT4.

Back to the point...
The Supra RZ can be a great car if you can tune well an drive just as well. It's definately not one for people with no throttle control. :ouch:

It's not so much the power that upsets the car. My Spirit, my R-S, my 2K RZ, they all stay rather wheelspin free at 600+hp (And yet my 430hp FC lights the tires whenever it gets a chance on the same tires), on R3 tires. What doesn't a rotary have that a 2JZ does?

Torque and lots of it.

^are you looking forward to it being released? or am i misreading something? UPDATE my brother has the ps2 so it doesn't look like the settings will be up for a little while.

No, sorry, I asked something about the Supra engines, I wondered if the supra would still be a "Dyno Queen" with a smaller engine.

Well, the 1JZ is a good bit less torquey... Haven't really driven the MkIIIs that much, though.

So it SHOULD be good. Might still have the problem of it being a Supra. Supras don't seem to like me, and I don't like them.

Time to bring this thread back form the dead.
RUF RGT '00​
Parts:
Oil change
Semi racing exhaust
Sports Chip
Stage 3 Tuning
Port Polish
Engine Balancing

Race brakes
brake controller
r3 tires

racing suspension
stage 1 weight reduction

full custom transmission
triple clutch
full lsd

Settings
Brakes: 5/5
Suspension-
spring rate:7.6/9.9
ride height:70/79
bound:6/7
rebound:6/7
Camber:2.0/1.4
Toe:0/0
Stabilizers:5/5
The suspension is a little on the stiff side, but it still rides nicely.
Transmission:
1:3.478
2:2.288
3:1.647
4:1.246
5:0.989
6:0.826
Final:3.440
Auto:15

LSD:18
I have been waiting to post these settings for a while know and i finally found some time. It is a really quick car with 555 horsepower. It tends to understeer, but it is not very often. THERE IS NO WHEEL SPIN. yes, i said no wheel spin. It went around el capitan in 1'41.100, i didn't really have a great lap, but its not too bad. Hope you guys enjoy it. i also have a lotus esprit ready to go.

Alright, after I get the special black cars (im on day 650) I'm going to begin work on a civic, probably and old EG-6. Hope it turns out great :sly:

We have one.

Well, it's an all-rounder.

I think it could be much better for drag racing, but... It's still alright. (It's Rockit's)

Wow, thanks for bringing back this thread just to advertise your own tuner garage. :rolleyes:

Any way, whenever you feel like contributing to this thread with a tuner, a testing, or advice for the less informed, please feel free to come back. 👍

Finally, just want to mention that the popularity of other tuner garages makes me wonder if people might be ready for another tuner showdown.
Any takers?
I'd love to get back into GT4 for something like a tuner event. :D

Finally, just want to mention that the popularity of other tuner garages makes me wonder if people might be ready for another tuner showdown.
Any takers?
I'd love to get back into GT4 for something like a tuner event. :D

But wouldn't we have the same problems as last time? :boggled:

Latest Posts

Back