Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
Finally, just want to mention that the popularity of other tuner garages makes me wonder if people might be ready for another tuner showdown.
Any takers?
I'd love to get back into GT4 for something like a tuner event. :D

I think that's a great idea!

I know I would race in it. I would also be more than happy to help set it up.

Finally, just want to mention that the popularity of other tuner garages makes me wonder if people might be ready for another tuner showdown.
Any takers?
I'd love to get back into GT4 for something like a tuner event. :D

Count me in.👍
Just tell me how and when.

Hmm, a tuner showdown, does that have class restrictions?
I would be honoured if someone tried my Monaro settings over at Aussie Tuners. Sorry I don't know how to create link to it. Fow now just head over to car tuning and settings and go to Aussie Tuners if you're interested. Any help on the link?

That being?... Not enough participants?
Not sure, we'll have to wait and see.
(or did you have something else in mind?)

I meant along the lines of the judging, all people have different preferences to how a car should run. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this problem occur when this thread was in its birth weeks?

To Rotary Junkie... Sort of but not really, the purpose of the thread was to post creations and link them to your garage posted in this thread. There's a difference between that and posting links to a thread/garage of your own in a different place (it's almost like saying 'my garage doesn't get traffic so I will advertise in a thread for other people's garages').

To Blitz 69...
I thought the Judging worked well on the last go around.
Judges and GTP members of the public had a say in the judging. Further, the diversity of the judges accounted for the various prefferences.
"This" problem didn't occur in the birth weeks of this thread. The problem that occurred in the birth weeks of the thread had to do with lots of people talking big and then not actually taking part in the event (and so it was changed from a limited event to an on going event).

Now, if there is beef with the judging from the last time please let me know and we can address the issues before anything happens. 👍
That said, I never got a complaint and I never got the impression that the system was all that bad.

In fact, I felt the system worked well due to the number of judges and the participation of the GTP's public. 👍

To Blitz 69...
I thought the Judging worked well on the last go around.
Judges and GTP members of the public had a say in the judging. Further, the diversity of the judges accounted for the various prefferences.
"This" problem didn't occur in the birth weeks of this thread. The problem that occurred in the birth weeks of the thread had to do with lots of people talking big and then not actually taking part in the event (and so it was changed from a limited event to an on going event).

Now, if there is beef with the judging from the last time please let me know and we can address the issues before anything happens. 👍
That said, I never got a complaint and I never got the impression that the system was all that bad.

In fact, I felt the system worked well due to the number of judges and the participation of the GTP's public. 👍

Well in that case, count me in as a judge. I'm not sure my tuning skills are up to par yet, but I'd be more than happy to judge for you 👍

'04 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR​

IMG0009-1.jpg
IMG0007-1.jpg

IMG0006-1.jpg
IMG0005-1.jpg

Specs:
HP: 570
Torque: 496ft-lbs
Weight: 1190kg
Drivetrain: 4WD
Engine: L4
Displacement: 1997cc

Parts to Buy:
Racing Exhaust
Brake Controller
Racing Chip
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Original Suspension
Stage 3 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Full Custom Transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
R3 Tires
Stage 1 Weight Reduction
Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Oil Change

Settings:
Front/Rear
Spring Rate:5.8/4.6
Ride Height:76/76
Shock Absorbers:7/7
Camber Angle:2.3/1.6
Toe Angle:0/0
Stabilizers:5/5

Gear Ratios Auto Set to: 15

Brakes:
Front/Rear
5/5

Driving Aids
ASM (oversteer):0
ASM (understeer):0
TCS:1

Tuner Challenge Version 2

Entries open for FF, RWD, and 4WD.

Winners will be announced in each division as well as overall.

Who can enter?
Everyone, just follow this...

All entries are to be posted in this thread.
Mark your submission as "Tuner Challenge Version 2 Entry."
Only Normal, Concept, and Tuner cars allowed (no racecars).
You may only make ONE Submission (per division).
Tune for use on any track (*judges will pick their own test track)
List the exact car.
List the exact parts.
List the exact settings*
(*with or without transmission settings since judges may need track specific adjustments, directions for transmission adjustments are a good idea)
List the exact hp & kg.

Entries will be accepted until December 11th (roughly 3 weeks from today).

Who can judge? Anyone.
Judge any one or all of the divisions.
A judge may not enter a car in the division he or she will judge.
The only criteria to being a judge is testing all of the cars and grading them on a scale of 1-100 (100 being best) while keeping track of your best single lap time for each car.

We will know how many cars you need to test on December 11th (as well as if there will be categories of cars or one single group).

Good luck, I hope many of you are interested in both submitting and testing cars by other members.

This sounds like a lot of fun... expect an entry from me! If the cars end up classed, is there a chance of an extremely competent test driver taking them all out for an objective lap time shootout based on WPR? Maybe solicit a volunteer from WRS D1? It seems likely that a good number of the cars will end up in the 1.7-3.3ish range, which would make classing by increments of ~.15 to .2 fairly easy with enough entrants. And then there's always the old-school "x.xliter-x.xliter x cyl or less" type classing, but with such variety of tuning, this could be very inaccurate. No need for this to play a part in the final scores, although it would add an interesting dimension to the competition. Just a random suggestion.

Just one question about the Tuner Challenge. Can I submit one of my cars that I have posted here long time ago, but nobody cared or they were busy. Can I repost that car and submit it to the Challenge? Thank you. :)

Mine own entry: (Tuner Challenge Version 2, FR division)

Mazdaspeed-RX-8.jpg

Parts List
Sports Exhaust
Supercharger
S3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
Triple-plate clutch
Sports Flywheel
FC LSD

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------6.5/6.5
Ride Height:-------95/100
Shock Bound:-----5/5
Shock Rebound:---6/6
Camber:----------2.35/2.0
Toe:--------------0/0
Stabilizers:--------5/5
-----------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 8/20/5

Brake Balance: 5/7

Downforce: None

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuner challenge version 2 entrant
Car- Holden Monaro CV8 '04
Parts- race brakes
brake controller
NA tune up stage 3
port polish heads
engine balancing
Racing computer chip
FC suspension
FC transmission
Triple Plate Clutch
Race Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon driveshaft
R3 tyres
Weight reduction stage 3
Increase rigidity
A wing
Rims optional
Oil change

Settings
Downforce: 30/30
Brake Balance: 3/5
Spring rate-standard
Ride Height: 89/89
Camber Angle: 3.5/2.5
Toe Angle: 2/-3
Autoset transmission: 25
Driving Aids all zero

Power= 508KW (690hp) @ 5600rpm Torque= 898.46 Nm @ 4000rpm
Weight= 1376 kg

Well just read the part about S or N tyres so just ignore this car here.

Just one question about the Tuner Challenge. Can I submit one of my cars that I have posted here long time ago, but nobody cared or they were busy. Can I repost that car and submit it to the Challenge? Thank you. :)

Go for it. 👍

Also, I'm glad to see entries already coming in, at this rate we may have more than one division to judge.
Heck, I may even play some GT4 again to get involved in this one. :D

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII G.S.R ENTRANT
Power: 564 hp

Parts to buy: From MINES tuning

Racing Muffler
Sports ECU
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
NOS
Original Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller Balance
Original Suspension
Fully Customised Trannie
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon propeller shaft
Racing Flywheel
Fully Customised LSD
s3 any tire you choose
Wing
Oil
mags (optional)

Settings:

Spring rate: 10.5/4.4
Ride height: 85/86
Damper: 6/8
Camber angle: 3.0/0.5
Toe angle: 0/0
Stabilizers: 5/4

Transmission
Auto Setting: 14
1st 2.306
2nd 1.587
3rd 1.174
4th 0.938
5th 0.780
6th 0.660

LSD Setting: Fully Customised
Initial Torque: 10/10
LSD Accel: 40/60
LSD Decel: 20/20

Brake ballance: 6/9

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

Downforce: 30/24

Little description of handling characteristics:
A little ripper through the gears and then the power band thins out a little.
Handles well although a little taily for cornering purposes.

I'm going to cook up a Toyota 2000GT over the break here for you guys. I know it won't be the fastest here but I can't get enough of that exhaust note! Don't know if anyone else will like it. :crazy:

well the music from the Merc 190 E does give me the chills to be honest(stock),

On subject, I might tune a nice AWD for this battle. :)

OK, here are my thoughts...

Judging will not be done on one track, it will be on the track each judge chooses. :crazy: :confused:

The is an old saying I've heard... Knowing the course is better than knowing the car. I believe this is true.

This will give drivers the chance to concentrate on the cars alone thanks to already knowing the circuit. 👍

Because of this rule, I suggest all cars be equipped with Full Custom Transmissions so the driver can tune the transmission for the course. 👍 (I'd hate to see a good car do poorly because it couldn't run the back stretch of the Ring or get through 3rd gear at Tsukuba :indiff: ).
Also, check the first post, I'm going to mention that only "street" cars are allowed. Likewise, only S or N tires. 👍 (sorry if that messes up the game of anyone who has already submitted an entry)

PM me if there are any problems. :cheers:

My goodness this 2000gt has got me stumped, I got it to tuck the tail back in (it was a butt dragger) but now it's all tight and resistant to turning... :grumpy:

At least I got the engine setup sorted.

My goodness this 2000gt has got me stumped, I got it to tuck the tail back in (it was a butt dragger) but now it's all tight and resistant to turning... :grumpy:

At least I got the engine setup sorted.

That seems to be the quandry with the 2000GT. Go diffless, it's tailhappy. Add a diff, it feels like it's running on novocaine instead of gas. I personally prefer it to kick the back out a bit. Good luck!

i may not be entering the lotus esprit. it is really quick but sometimes it just understeers way too much. i just can't get it to handle like i want it to. so i think i will come out with a completely new car.

well, it doesn't understeer so much that you go off of the track, some times you have to fight it through the turn. i am not the best driver in the world, so it might just be me. i don't know right now, i just can't decide, i have 2 other cars in mind right now and i don't know which one to enter.

Back