Tuner Garages

• Thread starter Kent
  • 2,497 comments
well blitz...i dont think my commodore is ready...and i havent entered a FR car yet...i think i might put in my Ford Falcon F6 Typhoon

Okay, what's your reason for slamming them, Flag?

I'll drive one of them at the 'Ring, El Capitan, and Trial Mountain. You pick.

EDIT: Good luck with the 'Line, Hemi!

Kent said it all

Rotary Junkie why don't you pick what YOU THINK would be the worst car for those tracks and tell me what you think. I know that any of my cars will be better than what YOU expected before you drove it.

Thanks Kent you saved me from typing 3 paragraphs.

Could it be better than I expected?

Definitely.

Will it?
We'll see Monday evening (No PS2, away from home).

Here's what I expect: A car that gets upset a bit too easily by imperfections in the road, hates curbs, but isn't bad on a smooth track.

TRD celica GT-FOUR RC(ST185) '91

Specs

Engine Type: L4: DOHC
Displacement: 1998cc
Power: 356HP @ 6000rpm
Torque: 330.54 @ 4000rpm
weight: 1328kg

mileage: 48167.8 and counting

0-400m: 13.143 @ 111 mph

Top Speed: 170.55 mph

MODS

RAYS 024 (golden volk CE28)

Exhaust & Air filter: semi-racing

racing brakes

racing chip

Triple-plate clutch

racing flywheel

Limited-slip: 2-way

stage 1 turbine kit

sports intercooler

semi-racing suspention

(S1) sports tire (primary tire)

(N3) road tires (secondary tire)

weight reduction: stage 1

ride height:132 mm

front camber: 1.2

spring rate(front): 3.6

total cost for mods: 37650CR​

this is my first entry to the Tuner Garages.i could of bought the VCD Controller to cure some of the understeer but i wanted to keep this project under 400HP and as cheap as possible. comments are welcome

the skyline settings should be up by monday, my run on the ring with it revealed a few issues. my time was 7'30.191.
Finally finished, turned out to be a quick fix:tup:
Nissan Skyline GTR '99 Tuner challenge V2 entry​
Parts bought from Mine's (i also bought mine used because it was yellow)
Parts:
Race exhaust
sports chip
engine balancing
displacement up
turbo stage 2
race intercooler
race brakes
brake controller
stage 1 weight reduction
refresher plan
sports soft tires (N3)
full customize transmission
triple plate clutch
race flywheel
carbon driveshaft
oil change
GT wing #1

Settings:
Brakes:4/6
Spring rate:7.5/7.5
ride height:103/103
Bound:6/7
Rebound:7/7
Caber angle:2.8/1.8
Toe angle:1/-1
Stabilizers:3/3
Transmission:
1st:3.540
2nd:2.450
3rd:1.835
4th:1.410
5th:1.175
6th:0.995
Final:3.650
Auto:13
NO AIDS

Well, there is a long story behind this car. I bought it from the used car dealer because it remined me of the skyline from one of the driving missions and i felt like spending some money. all of the cars that i tuned before this one were not very versitile, and by that i mean they couldn't handle any track other than Tsukuba. so i tried to make a great all around car. i did and no one tested it:(. then this little competion came along and i saw my chance. so, i took my ignored little skyline and made a few changes so it fit within the guidelines of the competition, i added N3 tires and hoped the car would still be the same, it was completely different. so i started tweaking, and after about 6 hours of tuning i think it turned out well. it has nice cornering speed, a decent top speed(around 175), and it is fun. you can slide the tail out in second gear and do donuts, i figured that out by accident.
i hope you all like it and feel free to comment.

I'm trying to decide on an AWD entry at the moment.

I can't quite get my 205 to get rid of 400hp-AWD-on-sports-tires understeer, but I WILL build it, dangit. Even if I can't get it great in challenge legal specs, it WILL get done.

just came around here... I'd like to judge it, but I'm afraid I can't. Godo work either way, Kent. Nice to see it up and running again, with more entries (apparently) and a broader entry list. 👍

I'm trying to decide on an AWD entry at the moment.

I can't quite get my 205 to get rid of 400hp-AWD-on-sports-tires understeer, but I WILL build it, dangit. Even if I can't get it great in challenge legal specs, it WILL get done.

Well keep at it because the 205 is the most oversteery, drift friendly AWD in the game. Drove one yesterday in mostly stock trim and had a ton of fun. Easy to oversteeer with great handling... So nice I'm wondering what you've done to get ride of the oversteer and replace it with understeer (sports tires and 400hp or not, the 205 should be oversteering so try rethinking your settings... maybe start with stock settings and see what you need to change).

Also, sorry to hear you will not be in diego. :ouch:
If you find the time for even one division of judging I'd be happy to see you get involved. 👍

Tuner Challenge V2 Entry (three of them)

Mine's GT-R Concept (Skyline GT-R Tokyo concept)

609 bhp, 810 Nm, 1294 kg

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Turbo Kit Stage 1
Racing Intercooler
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 Tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 7.0
Ride Height: 116 / 116
Bound: 3 / 5
Rebound: 6 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 6

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

New, recently introduced GT-R is an astonishing piece of machinery. It's capable of beating cars with twice it's price tag, with less power and torque, while having larger chassis. Since GT-R is very popular among tuner crowd, Nissan decided to let some major Japanese powerhouses have their way with the reborn Godzilla, and this particular car represents Mine's vision of GT-R's potential as a tuner car. 609bhp, 810nm, way less weight than previous Mine's GT-R had and 7 speed gearbox will make even a dead man scream in the claws of Mine's Godzilla.

Z-486 SC'03 (Nissan 350Z '03)

486 bhp, 726 Nm, 1122 kg

Parts to buy:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Supercharger
Port Polishing
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
FC Transmission
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
FC Suspension
S3 tyres
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Oil Change
Rear Wing
New Wheels (optional)

Suspension
Spring Rate: 6.0 / 6.5
Ride Height: 100 / 100
Bound: 2 / 4
Rebound: 4 / 8
Camber: 3.0 / 1.5
Toe: 2 / -2
Stabilizers: 2 / 5

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Auto setting, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.291
2nd: 2.231
3rd: 1.635
4th: 1.275
5th: 1.035
6th: 0.865
Final Gear: 3.300

Autoset 11

Brake Controller
Brakes: 5 / 3

LSD
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 17
Deceleration: 5

Downforce
Amount: 30 / 23

Driving Aids
ASM Oversteer: 0
ASM Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

And here it is. MFT Z-486 SC, based on the most basic Z available. This car was inspired by Wangan Midnight-anime's Devil Z, and in some ways, it is scary like the Devil Z. First off, some numbers: 486bhp, 726nm of torque. Top speed? A nudge beyond magical 300km/h (180mph) barrier. There's enough grip and acceleration to deform your face, and occasional nervous twitch of the rear keeps you awake in the corners. Despite it's lower power, it's running equally with more powerful cars like Spirra and the rest of supercars, without being as lethal. So, have fun while giving those 500bhp+ car run for their money!

if you're going to change the gearbox, please, touch only the final gear ratio.

There we go, have fun!

I suggest you properly label what car to use with those... Even the Mine's GT-R is ambiguous (although I assume you mean the "Mine's GT-R" from Tuner Hall is the car to use?).

In any case, please label those entries with the full proper name of the cars used so everyone will be able to get the car and build them when the time comes for testing.

Other than that... Great work, I'm looking forward to testing all three. 👍 :cheers:

I suggest you properly label what car to use with those... Even the Mine's GT-R is ambiguous (although I assume you mean the "Mine's GT-R" from Tuner Hall is the car to use?).

It should mean the GTR concept from Nissan, modified by Mines parts in the tuner village. :) One of the main hints is the 7 speed transmission he mentioned.

Just for clarification, can one person enter more than one car? The post regarding the rules said one car per person, but if multiples are allowed, that'd certainly make my life easier. I'm badly torn between 3 or 4 of my cars right now... though Rotary Junkie may have eliminated one by considering entering a 205 :ouch: Although I do have another MAWD monster lurking around my garage somewhere... maybe it'll make an appearance

TUNER CHALLENGE V2 ENTRY

03 Honda Odyssey
380 BHP 339 torque
No DRIVING AIDS
Mods:
Exhaust: Racing
Racing chip: sports
Tires: Soft s3's
Turbine Kit: stage 3
Semi Racing Suspension
FC transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft

Suspension settings:
Front spring rate: 5.5 Rear Spring rate: 4.4
Ride height: 122 all
Shock absorbers: 7 all
Camber angle 1.0 Front, 0.5 Rear

Transmission settings:
Autoset 12
1st: 2.430
Final: 4.494

In the Family car cup @ Cote d'azur, I finished 1st beating a Zr-1 Corvette by a half-second, I also beat a Shelby 1, Lotus Espirit v8 GT, Acura HSC, and Lotus Espirit sport 350. :sly:

pfft.. FF's are overrated :P but that's my three entrants, I left the FF out in favour of my MR2.. besides, I don't have a single FF at the moment. man has to have some sort of principles, lol. :D

pfft.. FF's are overrated :P but that's my three entrants, I left the FF out in favour of my MR2.. besides, I don't have a single FF at the moment. man has to have some sort of principles, lol. :D

I didn't even notice until now but...
You're going to have to choose between the Z and the MR2... There is only one RWD entry from each person so you're not going to be able to enter both of those.
As for the Concept, that works (I think) and it is a 4wd car (despite the lack of a designation, at NISMO you can buy a VCD which means it is a 4wd). 👍

Take your time with the choice but be sure to make the choice before the deadline. 👍

Oh, and FF can't be overrated since there are only a handful of people who actually like them or appreciate what they can offer. Plus, I think sometimes people over-tune their FFs and the result is a big wheel spinning p.o.s. 👎

removed the MR2. I think that the Z and GT-R concept will be enough serious competition for anything and anywhere. :D

removed the MR2. I think that the Z and GT-R concept will be enough serious competition for anything and anywhere. :D
is that confidence or cockyness? don't underestimate any of us here, who knows maybe one of us could defeat one of the mighty finns.

Tuner Challenge V.2 AWD Entry

KC Motorsport 1985 PEUGEOT 205 TURBO 16

1000216zn0.jpg

1000214lj0.jpg

Peugeot manufactured a mere 241 examples of this peerless Group B rally homologation special, and its rarity is only matched by its staggering handling characteristics. Unusual for an AWD car, the turbocharged 1.8L powerplant is mounted transversely amidships, eliminating understeer entirely. In fact, the car produces a THRILLING amount of oversteer. Here, KC Motorsport has coaxed a raucous 439 HP from the car's original sub-40K mile motor using a much larger, more modern turbo. A state-of-the art 5-speed gearbox transmits 325 ft.lbs of torque through the car's original drivetrain that by homologation rules is identical to the Group B race model. Testing revealed the original drivetrain to suffer from the addition of modern differentials and forced permanent torque distribution, so it was left unmolested. The outmoded suspension however, has been completely overhauled to compensate for the significant power boost. Surprinsingly soft for such a powerful vehicle, the system nevertheless retains the stock T16's state of oversteer ecstasy. Cornering feels remarkably similar to that of an AWD Porsche, and with a WPR in the two-and-a-half range, it could rival said Porsche under most any circumstances.

Initial Notes: As with many homologation specials in GT, many parts are already on the car. Keep an eye out for the GREY version of the car if you don't already own it - the version in white livery is significantly higher-mileage. Lists of the used car rotation cycle in both PAL and NTSC formats should be available in the stickied FAQ sections. Remember, buy the rigidity refresher since this is a used car (but NOT the rollcage).

Parts List:

Stage 3 Turbocharger
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
Full Custom Transmission
Full Custom Suspension
Full Weight Reduction
Sports Soft Tires
Rigidity Refresher Plan
Wing and Oil Change
Full Custom LSD (OPTIONAL - do not equip for competition judging. This is useful for driving the car in dirt if you ever wish to do so, and for added stability for those using wheel setups rather than DS2's. I prefer the car without it, but settings are included below for those who might want it.)

Power: 439 bHP
Torque: 325 ft.lb.
Weight: 1076 KG
-----------
Suspension
-----------
Spring Rates: 6.0 / 7.0
Damping (Bound): 2 / 1
Damping (Rebound): 4 / 3
Camber Angle: 3.0 / 1.8
Toe Angle: 0 / 0
Stabilizers: 1 / 1

-----------------------------------------------
Brakes, Transmission, Downforce and Differential
-----------------------------------------------

Brake Balance: 5 / 3
Downforce: 30 / 30
LSD: again please note - do NOT equip the diff for competition judging. the settings are for reference only for those who might want to use the car under very low traction situations OUTSIDE the competition
Front Rear
5 10
50 10
5 15

-------------
Transmission
-------------

As the rules state, the transmission will be geared by the judges, but for reference, most of the late-stage tuning for this car was done on the Nurburgring, where an initial Autoset of 20, followed by adjusting the final drive ratio to 5.500 proved to be excellent - the car reached peak power in the long final straight just before the crest of the hill, and the last flat-out downslope following it carried it through the power dropoff nicely.

Back