What have you done to your car today?

Damn, dude. Ever think of doing that for a profession? You could make some big money doing that for a professional restoration shop. đź‘Ť

Damn, dude. Ever think of doing that for a profession? You could make some big money doing that for a professional restoration shop. đź‘Ť
Thanks a lot. I have pretty much been doing this my entire life. I do some side work but I dont really like doing it on other peoples cars because of liability and because its very time consuming. I have several hundred hours into her moms car because as you can see, the car was quite rough when I first started working on it.
I decided to redo her moms car because she has done so much for us and no one does anything for her mom at all.
Hopefully the thumbnails were ok.

Not today, but yesterday I cranked-up and drove my 95 GTI that has been sitting for a while. I still love it and now I dont want to sell it!

Thanks a lot. I have pretty much been doing this my entire life. I do some side work but I dont really like doing it on other peoples cars because of liability and because its very time consuming. I have several hundred hours into her moms car because as you can see, the car was quite rough when I first started working on it.
I decided to redo her moms car because she has done so much for us and no one does anything for her mom at all.
Hopefully the thumbnails were ok.
I could see how liability could be an issue. But you look like know what you're doing, so I don't think it'd be that much of a hassle. But you certainly have a great skill in it.

Have you done a full restoration on any of your cars?

My 69 Camaro is about the same as the last pics you have probably seen of it.
However, Heathers 67 Mustang is currently under massive body modifications which I will post pics of hopefully within the next couple weeks. Lets just say its some of the most dramatic bodywork I have ever performed. :sly:

Decided to start working on Heathers 67 Mustang now that her moms Mustang is gone.
Heathers Mustang just would not run and we havent tried to start it in over 2 years. I even rebuilt the carburetor and had someone else rebuild the carb not realizing the problem was right in front of my face the entire time. It was 2 year old gas rotting away in the gas tank. So after draining the gas and putting new gas in, the car runs great. Its just so nice to hear her Mustang running again. Too bad it sounds like a tractor because it has the straight 6 200 engine. lol
The brown is the gas from the tank, the yellow is what brand new gas looks like. Eventually I will be installing a fuel cell into Heathers Mustang.

My neighbor came over yesterday and he wanted me to start up the Camaro for his friend. So I made sure to do that for them. I also popped the hood and showed them my interior. :)

I put the stock exhaust on my car last friday. I was tired of the racket. I painted it all flat black with high-temperature paint to help keep it from rusting.

MyEM133.jpg

Also, I finally got these on:

MyEM135.jpg

MyEM137.jpg

MyEM136.jpg

And it came with the stickers I had hoped for. I put them on by hand.

MyEM139.jpg

MyEM132.jpg

I had my tires rotated yesterday. The oil level is also down again, so it needs to go back to VW so they can continue with their "study." Also, that dent that I had fixed aweek or so ago is popping back out so the car also needs to go back to the body shop to get that fixed. And that nasty rock chip on the windshield was not able to be fixed but oh well.

Nothing but problems this time. Oh well.

6 hours to install my fuel pressure gauge that is now dash mounted.
So now I've got a mechanical gauge in the engine and a gauge on the dash to monitor fuel pressure.
The Autometer gauge is pretty accurate too, I was quite surprised.
Wideband controller is coming soon and that should be the last gauge to adorn the car. :D

Nice wheels.

I trust you will be lowering it at least a bit soon, theres too much room between tyre and guard :P.

1" or so should do it IMO.

It's not bad... It's not like the gap gapes at you like on some cars...

Oh, and Keef: Good on 'ya for quieting it down a bit. I don't mind a car that's somewhat loud, but when it's loud enough to be heard idling more than a couple yards away, it's too loud for a daily.

Took my Camaro to a local car show on Sunday. Seems to be running pretty good. Here are a couple pics of my car from the show. Imageshack has been VERY slow today so I dont even know if these pics will load.
im009174fj7.jpg

im009171qm5.jpg

im009173gr1.jpg

Amazing Camaro! I love it, have you checked out cardomain before? I bet alot of people would love to see that beauty. Anyways, I took some pics of my car today and cleaned her up cause of the birds.

Thanks for the compliments on my Camaro. No I am not on the cardomain site.

Started working on Heathers 67 Mustang last night. A company called Modo Innovations used Heathers pedals for a mock up for aluminum pedals. Their product is very nice and it was exciting that out of all the cars in the world, they picked her car. We sent our original pedal assemblies to them. Then they mocked up the pedals and sent them back and gave them to us for free. Here is what they look like. I installed them last night. The little pedal is for the windshield washer fluid pump. lol
Sorry the floor looks rough but I will be ordering carpet soon.
79906656rt8.jpg

23733096uh0.jpg

Those are really clean designed pedals that aren't over the top like you see with most aftermarket pedals.
Nice man.
Good luck with your car, it's really nice.

1" or so should do it IMO.

It's not bad... It's not like the gap gapes at you like on some cars...

Oh, and Keef: Good on 'ya for quieting it down a bit. I don't mind a car that's somewhat loud, but when it's loud enough to be heard idling more than a couple yards away, it's too loud for a daily.
Right, when I do I won't be lowering it very much. But before that I'm going to upgrade my rear sway bar because the rear end doesn't want to slide out anymore.

Right, when I do I won't be lowering it very much. But before that I'm going to upgrade my rear sway bar because the rear end doesn't want to slide out anymore.
Go in faster and brake harder keef, don't let those Falken Azenis fool you!

Keef, I love those wheels. I think they'd look nice on my Integra, how much did they set you back? I know they'd look infinitely better than the stock 14" wheels with stock hubcaps I'm using right now. :D

Keef, I love those wheels. I think they'd look nice on my Integra, how much did they set you back? I know they'd look infinitely better than the stock 14" wheels with stock hubcaps I'm using right now. :D
I paid 860 for mine, but I think Keef got them for a lot cheaper.

Somewhere around 170 a wheel or so, and yes, they will look better than the 14's.

Getting my Jeep back from the shop tomorrow, getting a new engine put in (mentioned before I believe). Stock 4.2 I6, but with the addition of a Weber carb and Borla header. The guy working on it said that it has a nice growl and is super quick, in fact he said that all the guys at the shop were taking it out for a "test drive" :lol:

Those are really clean designed pedals that aren't over the top like you see with most aftermarket pedals.
Nice man.
Good luck with your car, it's really nice.
Thank you. I like the pedals in her Mustang a lot. I will probably get a set of those for my Camaro eventually.

I talked to an interior company about carpet and they will be sending us some samples for free. One sample will be 80/20 loop like the original old cars had. The other sample will be cut pile like brand new cars have. I want the new carpet but we will see which looks better. Since her car will be HOK sunset pearl orange with white stripes we want to get white or orange carpet. I am leaning more toward orange carpet. So at this point we just wait and see how the samples look. After that I will order the carpet for her Mustang.

I got mine for just over 800. Excluding tires, of course.

Today... Today...

Washed it. Cleaned the windows, did the door sills too. Spot cleaned and glazed, then waxed a few areas of the car. I also screwed up the polished finish of two of the wheels by using a little too harsh of a cleaner on them. Note to others: Castrol Super Clean + Bare Aluminum = Bad. I think I etched the surface. Needless to say, it'll probably take a couple hours each to repair the damage.

It needs...
-An oil change. I have the oil and filter, now I must find time. Despite running synthetic, the car still tells me when it wants fresh oil - The lifters tick when it's warming up and the oil is getting old. I think I'm at about 6500km on the synthetic in there now.
-Possibly front pads/rotors. I thougt I'd glazed them at the track, but they appear to be stopping properly now, save for the warped-ish rotors.
-Street tires. Because knowing that my Azenis will probably last ten or twelve thousand kilometers on the street hurts.
-Possibly an exhaust. Every bloody heat shield rattles, so I might as well upgrade while I'm at it. Mabye in autumn.
-Lastly, it needs a full job on the body. I've got some touch-up work to do, and then a fine cleaner, glaze/pure polish, and wax.

Today... Today...

Washed it. Cleaned the windows, did the door sills too. Spot cleaned and glazed, then waxed a few areas of the car. I also screwed up the polished finish of two of the wheels by using a little too harsh of a cleaner on them. Note to others: Castrol Super Clean + Bare Aluminum = Bad. I think I etched the surface. Needless to say, it'll probably take a couple hours each to repair the damage.
Use mothers aluminum polish and it will repair those wheels in a matter of minutes. I use it on any aluminum and it works miracles. You can make dull oxidized aluminum look like chrome with almost no effort.
Motorcycle-Polish-Mothers-Mag-And-Aluminum-Polish.jpg

This is what it looks like used on stainless steel.
24.JPG

iv been up n down to bedford 4 times this week, trying a new way via the great M25, cos sitting in traffic and contraflows is fun! i was amazed how disciplined everyone was on that road, im not used to other drivers sticking to the limit :dopey: im getting more settled into the car, although the dodgy volume knob blows my head off now and then still lol.

Use mothers aluminum polish and it will repair those wheels in a matter of minutes. I use it on any aluminum and it works miracles. You can make dull oxidized aluminum look like chrome with almost no effort.

I've been using Meguiars All Metal Polish...

I'm not sure, though - It may require wetsanding (It was more of a satin polish to start with, as I handsanded and brought the wheels to a polish from a previously sandblasted finish). I'll have a go at it with polish and a buffing wheel after work next week (Since a 10,000RPM Socatt plus a buffing wheel is a whole lot more effective than my hands).

Back