Renown Tuning ™ WTC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm extending the deadline again, because I'm losing interest in this as each day goes by and I'm almost certain no one has really run the round yet (I only have lap times from two people, and that's not including myself). So, yeah....round seventh will now end 12:01 PM April 24th. I'll also waive the rule of one submission per player, if you want to submit a newer time because you feel you can dart around the track faster, then feel free. If you do end up with a faster time just send it my way, and I'll consider your previous time null and void.

We'll work out Round 8 once this one is over.

OK. So now i will run much more laps in right car :) And just send one the fastest lap time.

OHHHH I'm going to win this one '-.-'

Oh, crap. I just remembered I won't be here tomorrow as I'm taking a bit of a trip and won't be back until sometime Sunday morning or afternoon.

We'll just stick to the current deadline, but it won't be updated until I get back, so, consider this a reason to "cheat" the deadline and run all day on Saturday if you want, however, once you submit a time...that's your time.

i'd like to get involved in this T-12, i use a controller also. I'm still tinkerring with the set ups of the steering values though. But I have yet to download the new car pack. So i don't mind if i'm not apart of certain events involving those cars or tracks. But if there ever is an event that involves the regular cars or tracks, i'd like to see what lap times i can produce compared to others here.

i'd like to get involved in this T-12, i use a controller also. I'm still tinkerring with the set ups of the steering values though. But I have yet to download the new car pack. So i don't mind if i'm not apart of certain events involving those cars or tracks. But if there ever is an event that involves the regular cars or tracks, i'd like to see what lap times i can produce compared to others here.

I'll put you down for the eighth round.

I have returned (most senseless waste of time, er, most senseless waste of a "trip" I've ever been on) And Round seven has officially ended.

I'll update everything in the next 24 hours or so.

I didn't know that round 7 was under way. Hopefully i can participate in round 8. I have a feeling my times won't be the amongst the best, but at least trying for a fast lap should be fun.

Only in this way you could learn the track. I'm also waiting for Round 8. 7th was a disaster, i know i could do better but now it's irrelevant.

The results of Round 7 are as follows

1st: NITROVIOUS - 1:48.107 - Nissan GTR, R35 (+18 Points)
2nd: darkos - 1:51.344 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 (+14 Points)
3rd: OZR-MrB52 - 1:51.872 - McLaren MP4-12C (+10 Points)
4th: Terronium-12 - 1:54.218 - Ferrari F430 GTC +9 Points
5th: RickyRacer - DNP
6th: MannyMoenjack - DNP

Congratulations to NITROVIOUS for taking the lead, with darkos and MrB really close to one another. The funny thing is we ended up in the exact same positions as all of our current series standings. :lol:

The real question is will you survive Round 8?

ok, i live in pacific time so the only time i usually get to play is late afternoon and late night for those who live in eastern time.

ok, i live in pacific time so the only time i usually get to play is late afternoon and late night for those who live in eastern time.

That's fine. The start and finish times are native to each player's timezone, so, don't worry about any of that.

I'm afraid the worse has come to, and by that I mean after the eighth round has finished I'm officially hanging up my racing gear for this game; all of the problems, the incessant (and ridiculously unnecessary) bouncing, powersliding, and the lack of any feeling whatsoever in any car (how an F430 GTC has no attainable grip unless you bat through every corner at 100+ is simply dumb) has finally gotten on my last nerve. While the WTC 2 was originally scheduled for 18 rounds, I'm cutting it 10 rounds short of that. Anyone here can feel free to continue it in my absence, but I just can't participate anymore.

It's been a real pleasure racing with all of you, and I look forward to the same whenever Sony/PD decides to release GT5...but until then (unless you have an Xbox 360 with Forza or any other racing game) I'll be seeing you.

If someone does decide to continue where I'm leaving off, feel free to copy and paste the first post in this thread over to a new thread of your own - make it your own, but try to maintain the feeling that I brought with the event. 👍

Last edited:
I'm afraid the worse has come to, and by that I mean after the eighth round has finished I'm officially hanging up my racing gear for this game; all of the problems, the incessant (and ridiculously unnecessary) bouncing, powersliding, and the lack of any feeling whatsoever in any car (how an F430 GTC has no attainable grip unless you bat through every corner at 100+ is simply dumb) has finally gotten on my last nerve. While the WTC 2 was originally scheduled for 18 rounds, I'm cutting it 10 rounds short of that. Anyone here can feel to continue you it in my absence, but I just can't participate anymore.

It's been a real pleasure racing with all of you, and I look forward to the same whenever Sony/PD decides to release GT5...but until then (unless you have an Xbox 360 with Forza or any other racing game) I'll be seeing you.

If someone does decide to continue where I'm leaving off, feel free to copy and paste the first post in this thread over to a new thread of your own - make it your own, but try to maintain the feeling that I brought with the event. 👍

l had a feeling that the end was near.
lt has been my absolute pleasure to compete with all of you guys , you are all great racers.
Terronium , thanks for the WTC competitions , but most especially a big THANK YOU for putting together such a great tuning garage with the most comprehensive collection of tuning setups to be found anywhere.👍👍

l had a feeling that the end was near.
lt has been my absolute pleasure to compete with all of you guys , you are all great racers.
Terronium , thanks for the WTC competitions , but most especially a big THANK YOU for putting together such a great tuning garage with the most comprehensive collection of tuning setups to be found anywhere.👍👍

Was I drunk when I wrote that post out? :lol:

The third and fourth lines from the bottom didn't make much sense, it's fixed now, so that means I'm sober - yay!

Back on topic, I'll still be around GTP as much as I am now and I'll stop by this particular section every now and again to see what the people here are up to. Who knows, perhaps one day I'll come back and start another WTC or an entirely new event - I can never say never...well, except for just then. If any of you have GT5 Prologue or Burnout Paradise don't fret to send a race invitation my way because I'll gladly accept it. Once the full game releases I'll only be on the PS3 29/10 (That's right, 29 hours a day, 10 days a week :lol:).

(how an F430 GTC has no attainable grip unless you bat through every corner at 100+ is simply dumb)

No downforce until you hit high speed. A lot of those racing cars (M3 GT2, etc) have that same kind of restricted aero in comparison to non-FIA spec cars. Typically much lower downforce per angle on their aero and fairly low default angles set.

too bad T-12. Maybe we shift players can ban together and make up another series. Or w can schedule some times to use certain cars and race against eachother. there is another thread here and i got on that the other day. raced online against a few others, it was pretty decent.

It's a Shame that so many racers decided to Quit WTC 2 Completely.

Terronium-12
The results of Round 7 are as follows

1st: NITROVIOUS - 1:48.107 - Nissan GTR, R35 (+18 Points)

Thats a fantastic time. I did not think to go in GTR because this car in my hands is slower from Gallardo on Ring. So in my head decision was right, but i was wrong. :yuck:

It has been my absolute pleasure to compete with all of you guys , you are all great racers.

I'll quote Nitrovious, its what I would have said. Thank You Terronium, its been great, but all great things come to an end :ill: wish it wasn't.
If someone else starts a new WTC I'll be one of the first in, but until then, hope to race everyone soon. 👍 We still have round 8 to finish. :)

That's a very fast time NITROVIOUS,well done mate, I tried the GTR, but I was slower in it than the MP4. You must have a good tune for the GTR, must get your tune off you. 👍

The great thing about works GTR R35 is you can shift any gear at 6000 revs on tachometer , but after a shift the needle only drops back to 5500 revs , so very quick shifting indeed almost as fast as works lotus elise. l will PM the tuning setup to Mr B52 and anyone else that wants it. l tried MP4 and Gallardo but found much better control in corners with GTR , l think GTR has better tires as well .

I'll update the first page with the results of Round 8 later on today, and then from there it's anyone's game.

The results of Round 8 are as follows

1st: darkos - 1:43.621 (+18 Points)
2nd: NITROVIOUS - 1:45.369 (+14 Points)
3rd: freshseth83 - 1:47.250 (+10 Points)
4th: OZR-MrB52 - 1:47.780 (+9 Points)
5th: Terronium-12 - 1:53.680 (+ 8 Points)

Congratulation to darkos for snagging the lead, with Nitro following right behind. A further congratulations goes to the WTC's newest member freshseth83 for snagging third on his first race.

That's all for me people, I can still generate some events to finish off the season, but I won't be participating anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back