Vintage Tuning Garage: Official Page (Corvette Z06 Race Car/Stratos Street/Rally)

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 169 comments
Picture001.jpg

Lamborghini Countach '74
Hp 525 Weight 905kg PP 568 Tires Racing Softs
Fully customized

Transmission
1st 3.093
2nd 1.873
3rd 1.314
4th .972
5th .732
Final Gear 4.091
Top Speed 224

Differential
Initial Torque 10
Accel Sensitivity 10
Braking Sensitivity 10

Suspension
Ride Height Fr -22 Rr -20
Spring Rate Fr 8.4 Rr 10.6
Dampers Extension Fr 4 Rr 5
Compression Fr 3 Rr 4
Anti-Roll Bars Fr 3 Rr 4
Camber Fr .6 Rr .2
Toe Fr -.05 Rr -.01
Brakes Fr 7 Rr 3

This car had to be one of the most fun cars to tune. Not only does it sound amazing with the Titanium exhaust, it just carved up the corners like a Lamborghini should. With a top speed of 219mph who wouldnt enjoy this classic? I loved every minute driving this car and i hope this tune works out for everyone else as well. Comments and criticism are appreciated, it only helps me to know my audience better. For all the fans of the Countach, give JL a little hell for not liking Lamborghinis :sly:

Edit 8-8-11
Sports Soft Tire tune

Transmission
1st 3.093
2nd 1.873
3rd 1.324
4th .997
5th .772
Final Gear 3.827
Top Speed 224

Differential
Initial Torque 9
Accel Sensitivity 10
Braking Sensitivity 10

Suspension
Ride Height Fr -19 Rr -15
Spring Rate Fr 7.9 Rr 10.2
Damper Extension Fr 4 Rr 7
Compression Fr 3 Rr 5
Roll Bars Fr 4 Rr 5
Camber Fr 1.2 Rr .8
Brakes Fr 7 Rr 4

I did a Sports tire tune because I have become a bit of a "purist" when it comes to racing tires on street cars. I'm not completely opposed to them on street cars but this car does well with both compounds. It still retains the massive grip and is still a very fun car to drive.

Last edited:
@ JLawrence

I'll try and have a go with your Spit tune over the weekend.

I agree with your synopsis - not as wild IRL. I used to have a fast road GT6 and it had loads of grip with Yokohamas on; slight understeer (heavy engine) but the vicious Triumph let-off over steer if you were careless.

Anyway on a similar theme, anyone doing a Ginetta G4? In-game it seems to have similar characteristics - I'm attempting the Brit Lightweight Seasonals but can't tame it enough.

@ JLawrence

I'll try and have a go with your Spit tune over the weekend.

I agree with your synopsis - not as wild IRL. I used to have a fast road GT6 and it had loads of grip with Yokohamas on; slight understeer (heavy engine) but the vicious Triumph let-off over steer if you were careless.

Anyway on a similar theme, anyone doing a Ginetta G4? In-game it seems to have similar characteristics - I'm attempting the Brit Lightweight Seasonals but can't tame it enough.

I tried to get as close as I could to the feel of my Spitfire racer, but it still loses grip way too easily in the corners. What year Gt6? I'm finishing a 1970 up to be my daily driver at the moment.

Ford and I were actually just talking about doing the Ginetta. It's a pretty wild car, but we're gonna give it our best shot

gt5-1.jpg

BMW 2002 Turbo '73

Maxed Out:
281Hp, 918Kg, 471Pp, RS

Transmission: 3.300 Final, 137Mph Top Speed
LSD: 16,22,36
Ride Height: -14/11
Spring Rate: 10.4/5.5
Dampers (Ext): 7/5
Dampers (Comp): 6/6
Anti Roll Bars: 6/3
Camber: 2.9/1.8
Toe: -.14/-.38
Brake Balance: 7/5

Times:
Eiger Short Track (Weather Change): 1:09.566
Deep Forest: 1:16.610
Grand Vally East: 1:09.127

430pp Set With Sports Softs. (No turbo)
Because I had initially maxed out the car I had to remove parts and limit the engine to 98.5%, but after racing several sessions online and not losing once, I think this is probably the best tune for it (On a side note, one of the lobbies I was in changed the settings to 440pp with RM tires, so I bumped it up and ran a 1:31.6xx on Trial Mt. and got the win by 4 seconds.)

Transmission: 4.000 final/ 137Mph
LSD: 26/22/36
Ride Height: -10/11
Spring Rate: 8.1/7.3
Dampers (Ext): 4/6
Dampers (Comp): 6/6
Anti Roll Bars: 2/4
Camber: 2.1/1.6
Toe: -.09/-.08
Brake Balance:7/5

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, why do most of your tunes use Racing Soft tires? Nothing wrong with it, just wondering.

Racing soft tires are what is being requested. If you'd like a tune for sport tires, name it. We'd be happy to. I've actually got a Cuda at 530pp on sport softs I'm still perfecting.

Just out of curiosity, why do most of your tunes use Racing Soft tires? Nothing wrong with it, just wondering.

I use racing softs because I tune these to be the best race cars they can be. I know people diss them and say that they carry too much grip, but in fact they have grip that is very much on par with the racing slicks they use for SCCA vintage racing. I have also found that, at least for me, if I have a good tune for a set of RS tires I can generally use that for any other compound tire. If you would like I can do some specific stuff for any given compound, but regardless of the bias against them by some people they seem to be the most popular.

On a side note, we had a very in depth conversation about the various tires in the thread here

The E-type is tough like the YB. The back end is crazy loose. I did a tune on one for a buddy, took much to contain that tail end on those skinny tires.

I tried to get as close as I could to the feel of my Spitfire racer, but it still loses grip way too easily in the corners. What year Gt6? I'm finishing a 1970 up to be my daily driver at the moment.

Ford and I were actually just talking about doing the Ginetta. It's a pretty wild car, but we're gonna give it our best shot

Only managed a quick go with your Spit setup in the Brit seasonal, with RH and 190 BHP. Found sharp turn in and pretty good grip, but couldn't get early power out of the bends. I was using DS3 though and the instant opposite lock meant it was fun, if not efficient, driving. Hopefully I'll be able to try with my wheel before long. It'll be interesting to see a G4 setup - I've spent a lot of time facing the wrong way in that...

My GT6 was a '74 MKIII (non-roto) the last time on the rolling road it produced about 128BHP at the wheels, with moderate needles in the triple Webers. It had a very addictive sound!

Someone had restored in the early 90s with the fast-road spec and DCOE 40s, cream leather and walnut interior, MiniLites - lots of money spent! I had it from 2002-06, but then bought a house!

Enjoy yours.

hey, when are you going to release the E-type tune? i know your gonna make it a joy to drive

The E-Type tune will come soon, im having trouble connecting online right now but when i get back on i'll finish up the tune for this car and post it a.s.a.p. Thanks for the patience i hope you all enjoy the tune.

I came across an overdrive transmission and a spare engine for mine, so at the moment I am putting all of that together, and I'm gonna see if I can nick the triple webbers that my dad got for his tr6 that will never be finished :P

The maxed out g4 is a monster and a real pain at any speed, but I am making progress with it, and I have an updated tune for the spit that is way better than my original (as in I have cut multiple seconds on every track).

Fords jag tune is brilliant as it sits, but we think there is just a little more room for improvement, so it'll be up shortly

Ok my internet connection is fixed so expect the Jag tune to be posted either today or tomorrow. Also, if anyone requests a tune with sport tires and less pp or anything less than racing soft let us know i'll be happy to tune anything up that way.

I'd like to see the 2002 and the Countach with sports soft since you guys are willing to do it.

Mac K
I'd like to see the 2002 and the Countach with sports soft since you guys are willing to do it.

Try my current Countach tune and let me know what you think. I am definitely up for tuning it with a different tire. I havent driven my BMW yet so that will be interesting. Would you like them fully tuned or have a PP limit in place?

My 2002 is maxed out, so I can't do much for limited unless I can find another, but I'm game

Alright, with my original tune on Trial Mountain, I was running consistent 1:32's on racing softs. I then slapped on the sports softs, and it got very squirrely on acceleration and got lose in high speed corners. I had it down to a 1:38.8xx, but I was fighting it the entire way around. Anyways I changed the Initial Torque to 24 to compensate for a little of the wheel spin, then the suspension as follows:
RH: -14/14
SR: 9.8/4.9
D (EXT): 7/4
D (COMP): 4/4
ARB: 6/2

If you could give me a desired Pp level for the car, I would be glad to get to work on it as soon as I get a hold of another 2002. Most of the vintage cars require the racing compounds once they are fully prepped to cope with the horrible power/weight ratios they then have. Like I have said before, once a car has been built up to a certain point you can't really think of it as a street car anymore.

Last edited:
Grand_Valley_Speedway.jpg

The Ultimate Beetle
Beetle 1100 Standard '49

Fully Prepped, RS
83Hp, 652Kg, 367pp

Transmission: 4.430 Final, 112Mph
LSD: 8,9,17
Ride Height: -20/4
Spring Rate: 7.1/5.7
Dampers (Ext): 6/5
Dampers (Comp): 4/4
Anti Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 2.6/1.4
Toe: -.16/-.09
Brake Balance: 6/4

I really had no plans to post a Beetle in this thread, but I was driving it around Trial Mountain and I managed a 1:44.468 in the thing so I thought that any 83Hp critter going that fast deserves to be shared, so here it is! Enjoy!

That's another one I don't have, so if you could send me one or if it pops up in the UCD I'll be glad to get it done.

I have another version of that Skyline actually. I found it in my garage looking for something else :dopey: I think it is the 2000Gt-B. Will that one work, or does it need to be that specific model?

I'd prefer it to be that one because I own that one.. I let you use it if you want.

That'd be great.
Send me an invite (JLawrence_) and then give your car whatever mods you'd like and I'll get busy.

That'd be great.
Send me an invite (JLawrence_) and then give your car whatever mods you'd like and I'll get busy.

Okay I'll send you the Skyline today.. I'll tell you over PSN what I'd like unless you want it here.

lame, i wish i could race vintage cars...well i guess i wishi could race overall ahaha, i wish i could be apart of this, in saying so, since i can not do this, the whole idea is lame !! :)

Back