Vintage Tuning Garage: Official Page (Corvette Z06 Race Car/Stratos Street/Rally)

• Thread starter JLawrence
  • 169 comments
Jaywalker
Edit: Very nice tune for the Ferrari 330 P4, thanks. I added 7kg ballast to position -50 (Front) to get rid of the tiny bit of oversteer under braking on some tracks. Minor detail, though... :)

If you want to get rid of the rear end wiggle under braking i suggest + rear toe. That should help alot withthe stability of the rear end.

Just drop by to say very good tune for this lovely lady in red Ferrari 330 P4!

Tried it on the supercar seasonal event and got first on every event. cheers:tup:

Next any ford Mark IV tune to share?

StagGT
Just drop by to say very good tune for this lovely lady in red Ferrari 330 P4!

Tried it on the supercar seasonal event and got first on every event. cheers:tup:

Next any ford Mark IV tune to share?

Yes the MKIV is coming but not for a bit longer im trying to get it just perfect.

And I just got my hands on the Chaparral 2D, so expect that before long, as well as the Starios Rally Car, and a couple others!

Picture.jpg

Lancia Stratos 490PP Racing Soft Tune
Fully Tuned

Transmission
Gear Ratios Stock
Final Gear 4.308
Top Speed 174

Differential
Initial Torque 9
Acceleration Sensitivity 12
Braking Sensitivity 14

Suspension
Ride Height Fr -19 Rr +6
Spring Rate Fr 11.0 Rr 12.1
Damper Extension Fr 4 Rr 6
Compression Fr 3 RR 4
Roll Bars Fr 4 Rr 6
Camber Fr 1.8 Rr 1.4
Toe Fr -.09 Rr .06
Brakes Fr 6 Rr 4

Lap Times
Tsukuba 58.098
Deep Forest 1:18.675
Rome 1:14.268

Now this is a car that I saw had potential. The short wheelbase and mid engine layout meant i was up for a car that could turn sharp and put the power down early. The stock car, as everyone knows, is hell to control. I feel ive killed the spirit of this car by tuning it but the masses demand a tune for a car like this so here it is. Its still very nimble and can take the corners like a champ and might bite back if the tires dont heat up soon, it does take awhile on some courses. I also like the York Green ;)
Sports Soft Tune Coming

Last edited:
Picture.jpg

Lancia Stratos Rally Car 538PP Racing Soft
Fully Tuned

Aero(adapt for the track)
Fr 15 Rr 35

Transmission
Gear Ratios Stock
Final Gear 4.059
Top Speed 193

Differential
Initial Torque 9
Accel Sensitivity 16
Decel Sensitivity 10

Suspension
Ride Height Fr -36 Rr -7
Spring Rate Fr 12.9 Rr 14.5
Damper Extension Fr 6 Rr 7
Compression 5 Rr 6
Roll Bars Fr 3 Rr 6
Camber Fr 2.0 Rr 1.2
Toe Fr -.06 Rr .09
Brakes Fr 6 Rr 4

This tune is for road courses since i have no idea how to tune for rally. This car is a blast and sounds amazing, Ferrari race tuned engine in the rear you cant go wrong with that. Its a very stable car that is great when pushed hard and can hold its own in the corners. If Im able to learn rally tuning you can definitely expect a tune for that. Did i mention the sound of this little car? Pure bliss.

Thanks Ford. This is an intriguing car to say the least. Been running DF on RH's @440pp (street version). Still not sure what tires we'll run in the Series. Great fun.

I'll check out your's today. Painted mine Sublime-awesome!

is there any way you guys can tune a chevelle? i have a chevelle 454 ss and i'm having trouble getting it tuned, especially to try and win the classic sports car cup (i am still building my garage by doing a lot of offline racing)

BigT19355
is there any way you guys can tune a chevelle? i have a chevelle 454 ss and i'm having trouble getting it tuned, especially to try and win the classic sports car cup (i am still building my garage by doing a lot of offline racing)

I'd be glad to work on that for you. What specs?

Just thought I'd say I love the format of your garage, vintage cars have always been one of my favorites (this game needs MORE!!). Sadly I have not tried one yet :( (trying to get my own garage up and running) but looking forward to trying many of your tunes (big Mopar fan :)). Keep up the good work!

Side note: I use to have a 440 six-pac IRL, but got married and had kids so now I drive a 2001 Dodge Dakota :(

Thanks for the kind words!
I race a 63 Triumph Spitfire in the real world, so those old machines hold a special place in my heart as well.

JLawrence
I'd be glad to work on that for you. What specs?

I'm just trying to get the car to corner. I've bought everything from the tuning shop, including tires, engine tuning, weight reductions, suspension, full adjust tranny, and supercharger. Like I said it handles like a cardboard box. Thanx

BigT19355
I'm just trying to get the car to corner. I've bought everything from the tuning shop, including tires, engine tuning, weight reductions, suspension, full adjust tranny, and supercharger. Like I said it handles like a cardboard box. Thanx

Racing tires or sports softs, i also have this car fully tuned and would assist JL in the tune.

Thanks for the kind words!
I race a 63 Triumph Spitfire in the real world, so those old machines hold a special place in my heart as well.

My dad had/has an AMG that is just pure fun to drive. Not fast no handling but a smile on your face all the time :). Right now my wife is letting me build a 69 sport Fury, it might take me forever but when its done I'm sure my daughters will love the ride in it :D

BigT19355

Ford and I will get it right for you.

krenkme
My dad had/has an AMG that is just pure fun to drive. Not fast no handling but a smile on your face all the time :). Right now my wife is letting me build a 69 sport Fury, it might take me forever but when its done I'm sure my daughters will love the ride in it :D

What year AMG? If it's newer I can share the praise with my neighbor who happens to be the head of the department. :P
And that Fury ought to be pretty awesome. I'd like to see pictures if you're anywhere near conpletetion!

What year AMG? If it's newer I can share the praise with my neighbor who happens to be the head of the department. :P
And that Fury ought to be pretty awesome. I'd like to see pictures if you're anywhere near conpletetion!

Sorry, I do that all the time, its a '64 MG midget (not amg) so not really new at all. The Fury has the engine out and I'm trying to find some front quarter panels (rebuilding a 318). Most of the suspension is done but it will take me awhile. If I get it done I'll send some pic :)

JLawrence

Thanks. It's on racing softs, but I also have sport softs for it. Thanks a lot guys. I'm also using a tuning guide I found online to tune my '69 camaro 350 ss. When I get it done I'd love to post it and get some feedback. Thanx again guys

Sorry, I do that all the time, its a '64 MG midget (not amg) so not really new at all. The Fury has the engine out and I'm trying to find some front quarter panels (rebuilding a 318). Most of the suspension is done but it will take me awhile. If I get it done I'll send some pic :)[/QUOTE]

Ahh, gotcha. Those Midgets are as horrible and useless as my Triumph! I love em!

Sorry, I do that all the time, its a '64 MG midget (not amg) so not really new at all. The Fury has the engine out and I'm trying to find some front quarter panels (rebuilding a 318). Most of the suspension is done but it will take me awhile. If I get it done I'll send some pic :)

Ahh, gotcha. Those Midgets are as horrible and useless as my Triumph! I love em![/QUOTE]

But how can you not smile sitting behind the wheel? (On the side of the road is another story:))

krenkme
But how can you not smile sitting behind the wheel? (On the side of the road is another story:))

I do as much as I reasonably can. Of course I carry a full kit of tools in the truck for the occasional mishap

Some of you might like my Samba Bus tune. It's based on RH tires being used with every performance upgrade. I also recommend a wheel upgrade, oil change and fresh paint.

Suspension:
-60 -60
7.0 7.0
5 5
5 5
4 4

Camber and toe:
0.6 0.4
0.00 0.10

LSD:

Trans. top speed 124

I have a fun Chevelle SS tune that I run in the Seasonal races.
It's tuned for RH tires at Laguna Seca where I ran just over 600 HP. It works well at 475 HP as well and is very smooth and stable. At 600 HP there is some throttle oversteer that I really have fun with as it rewards good throttle timing and it mirrors the torque of a real 454 engine in a Chevelle. Lowering the middle number on the LSD to 30 or less would tune that down If you still had to drive with a gamepad. I drive with a Fanatec Carrera wheel. Do not do the STAGE 3 engine mods if you want to race the series.

Suspension:

-8 -9
11.3 14.7
8 8
8 8
6 6

Camber and toe:

1.0 0.2
0.0 0.0

LSD:

Brakes 4/3

Last edited:
JLawrence
Thanks Liger! I may go back and do a complete Chevelle set up with gear ratios and whatnot.

To liger: all of my cars have 3 engine tunes, full turbo or supercharger, and full exhaust. I understand where it might be better to consider vehicle control before horsepower, but I'm tuning a camaro right now and to me it makes it more of a challenge to tune.

To JL: I found a chevelle tune online, but the LSD is all maxed out and I'm still pretty loose in corners and slow on the initial throttle response. Other than that, the tranny and suspension had good numbers. If you'd like those numbers lemme know. Any help you can give me is much appreciated. Thanks afain

Unless I'm going insane, I can't seem to find the Stratos Street tune anywhere in here. If it is, would anyone care to post the link to the specific post please. If it is not here, any idea on when it will be?

Back