#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6277271282_c18bde2690.jpg

Color: Fountain Blue (PM)

Mileage: 520 w/ rebuild

Front Aero Type B
Wing Type A
Motegi Racing TOUGE Wheels (Black/Polished Lip)

Intended Settings:
TCS/ASM: OFF
ABS: 1

6273130808_fe68ca3ff5_b.jpg

When driving a car, you must always take into account the setup and adjust your driving style/technique to take advantage of it all.

Not all NSX's are created equal. And this one is no exception. Boasting 450hp and sports hard tires most MRs would chew you up and spit you out if you counter-steer under hard cornering. But not this bad boy!! With a tightened rear suspension and fine tuned LSD coupled with carefully calibrated ballasting that's a thing of the past. Though, you should be wary that with great power comes great responsibility. And you are responsible for throttle control!

Nail it right and this car will run through corners fast and fluid.
Is it just me, or does this car already look like a fish?

Update:
Typo: Transmission: 3rd gear is 1.459, SHOULD be 1.495

Last edited:
15ib7z4.jpg

GT Auto
Color: Rojo Volcan
Wheels: RAYS VOLK RACING GTS (Rojo Volcan)
Front Aero Type A
GT Wing Type B
Mileage: 867.5 w/ Rebuild​
flymvc.jpg

Do you have guts? Can you tame the God of War?!!
A completely different philosophy was taken into account when tuning this car, when compared to Poseidon. The NSX was made to grip where it's never gripped before. On the other hand this car was made to go through corners violently!!! Yes, it still corners like an FD, and damn well but with sports hard tires there's only so much grip you can attain. And 445hp tends to break the rear tires lose with ease. With this in mind, once behind the wheel you will feel the raw power of this machine and suddenly realize that it was meant to be driven violently!! Is it as fast as Poseidon? unfortunately, no. But in the right hands this vehicle will overtake anything on the touge. But make one mistake and it will make you pay

Can YOU tame the God of War?

THERE'S A NEW GOD OF WAR IN TOWN!!
Completely revamped from the ground up. Reworked suspension, differential and modified transmission. More power and less downforce. Still the aggressive sonovabitch you expect but with more control. Lightweight and extremely agile. Get the footwork right and make the best of the increased stroke in the front with a rigid rear end and you'll be slingshooting yourself through the bends at ridiculous speeds

URGENT NOTE:
The settings sheet is missing two very important parts to achieve 520PP. Engine Tuning Stage 3 and Sports Exhaust Manifold. I follow for the inconvenience. I'll redo the sheet this week, asap. It's a result of workload overload.

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm having many troubles with tuning cars these days, and having problems competing. So I was wondering can you guys possibly tune a car for me, I can gladly send the car to you.

Thank you

mopar-440
Hey guys I'm having many troubles with tuning cars these days, and having problems competing. So I was wondering can you guys possibly tune a car for me, I can gladly send the car to you.

Thank you

What the? Mopar? Hahahahaha

My cars are now slow in the touge after 2.0 it's seriously ruining touge for me, I need a good competing car because everyone has adapted to the change in touge but me. I would be faster with a wheel but I don't have money for that so I'm asking them for help.

Last edited:
mopar-440
My cars are now slow in the touge after 2.0 it's seriously ruining touge for me, I need a good competing car because everyone has adapted to the change in touge but me. I would be faster with a wheel but I don't have money for that so I'm asking them for help.

I would help you but the few touge tunes that I have are set for my wheel.

I'll gladly help, buddy!
what car do you have in mind?

Also, I hope you have taken into account that It wont be a one-day job either.. depending on the car, I'd completely dedicate myself to tuning it for up to a week, but in most cases 3 days or so.

ps: most of the cars i tune for myself here i spend in excess of several weeks to tune lol

Take your time bud as long as it's good I'll glady represent your garage but which drivetrain would be easier to tune

IMO, the easiest drivetrain to tune is FR. It's completely predictable. As for 4WD, the ideal tuning philosophy varies slightly by company (Nissan, Subary, Mitsubishi, etc.)

With MRs they're all generally the same, albeit differences in weight distribution, and torque. There are some cars that require different and unorthodox tuning methods as well like the Nissan Zs, Honda S2K, and FD3S to name a few.

Now.. I must ask, is this a car you want set up for LotS or just online touge in general (y'kno.. to run with myself and the guys nightly lol)

by the way, your profile pic is badass

Last edited:
Well I got a (standard) silvia s15 spec r, its not a bad car handles real well but it has bad tire spin through the end of the corner making its making it exit slow. I will send the car to you today. I would like this car to handle great and have control for ds3. (because wheel and ds3 physics are different)

Well I got a (standard) silvia s15 spec r, its not a bad car handles real well but it has bad tire spin through the end of the corner making its making it exit slow. I will send the car to you today. I would like this car to handle great and have control for ds3. (because wheel and ds3 physics are different)

ewwwww standard cars :yuck::yuck::yuck:
lol no problem, I'm actually online now with optomuscrime running touge, feel free to join us, i'll be running your car

btw, wanna keep it at 450PP?

Touge Gods Update:
Artemis has been cancelled. Personally, because lately I've been quite disappointed by standard cars in GT5 that i refuse to dedicate a month's time on tuning a standard car. I feel that such a project should lay on the laurels of a Premium automobile.
I'm open to suggestions for vehicles to take the place of Artemis or another greek god(goddess) to be the 5th representative in this set.
Im hesitant to use Tuner cars simply because most of the work has already been done and it takes away from the challenge of tuning a street car to outperform all others on the touge

Touge Gods Update:
Artemis has been cancelled. Personally, because lately I've been quite disappointed by standard cars in GT5 that i refuse to dedicate a month's time on tuning a standard car. I feel that such a project should lay on the laurels of a Premium automobile.
I'm open to suggestions for vehicles to take the place of Artemis or another greek god(goddess) to be the 5th representative in this set.
Im hesitant to use Tuner cars simply because most of the work has already been done and it takes away from the challenge of tuning a street car to outperform all others on the touge

Fairlady Z34 or Evora.

Fairlady Z34 or Evora.

hrmmmm, the Z34 actually sounds good. and it has a lovely exhaust note too. I have a tuned Evora as well, i doubt it could reach 550 PP. Im guessing 530PP is a good number for it though, and the fact that its a lotus means it corners better than most of the cars on the planet haha

How about the Mazda AZ-1 Autozam at 450PP for one of the lesser gods like Hermes/Mercury.

Also the Alfa Romeo Brerra should be good for around a 500PP car.:D

I was thinking of doing a Japanese Kei car series in the future
featuring the AZ-1, Cappuccino, March 12SR and Vitz RS.
probably sometime after christmas though

SolidSnake7735
I was thinking of doing a Japanese Kei car series in the future
featuring the AZ-1, Cappuccino, March 12SR and Vitz RS.
probably sometime after christmas though

Interesting, do you know what PP will you are looking for in this category?

Interesting, do you know what PP will you are looking for in this category?

Well, i have a maxed AZ-1 though not fully broken in and it rakes in 435PP, so i was thinking to have them around all around 420PP to keep them in line with each other

Fully broken in they should all make over 450PP fully lightened and with wings. I believe max for the AZ-1 is about 457PP.

XDesperado67
Fully broken in they should all make over 450PP fully lightened and with wings. I believe max for the AZ-1 is about 457PP.

Yeah, but I don't think they'll stand a chance against most other 450PP tuned vehicles.

Yeah, but I don't think they'll stand a chance against most other 450PP tuned vehicles.
Really depends on tire selection and tracks. If you stick them on comforts because of their lower HP they suffer very bad skinny tire syndrome. Put them on the same tires as more powerful 450PP cars and they should hold their own on the really twisty tracks. The Kei cars seem to get more improvement from higher grades of tires than most cars. Probably because of their generally low HP and torque.

Oh and you might want to add the Daihatsu Copen active top to the group mentioned for a series above. (Two of those cars aren't Kei cars by the way :sly:)

Really depends on tire selection and tracks. If you stick them on comforts because of their lower HP they suffer very bad skinny tire syndrome. Put them on the same tires as more powerful 450PP cars and they should hold their own on the really twisty tracks. The Kei cars seem to get more improvement from higher grades of tires than most cars. Probably because of their generally low HP and torque.

Oh and you might want to add the Daihatsu Copen active top to the group mentioned for a series above. (Two of those cars aren't Kei cars by the way :sly:)

I totally forgot about the Copen.. also, isn't the main qualification for a Kei car that it measures under 4200mm in length? cause if that was the case the Honda S2000 would almost qualify since it's like 10mm off the limit haha.

On that note, I intend to tune them on Sports Hard tires as the rest of the touge cars on here. Also, i agree with timber.. most cars tuned to 450PP have upwards of 220hp and these Kei cars barely reach 170. They'd keep up in the turns but would suffer on any straight longer than 30 meters.

That being said.. since the selection of Kei cars and similarly spec'd cars is actually quite varied if you count the European alternatives (premium vehicles) they would mostly be pit against each other in races. Which, in turn, cause for some really fun races :D

I totally forgot about the Copen.. also, isn't the main qualification for a Kei car that it measures under 4200mm in length? cause if that was the case the Honda S2000 would almost qualify since it's like 10mm off the limit haha.

There's also the maximum engine output of 64ps or 63 hp, which the s2k has about 4x that amount. :lol:

There is also an engine displacement limit. Also the size limit is a lot smaller than 4200mm, that's the "limit" for compact cars not Kei cars.:D

There is also an engine displacement limit. Also the size limit is a lot smaller than 4200mm, that's the "limit" for compact cars not Kei cars.:D

hmm, then i must've been mistaken.

So if we're to do a Kei car series of setups.. which cars should i include then?

hmm, then i must've been mistaken.

So if we're to do a Kei car series of setups.. which cars should i include then?

Easiest way to determine that is to look at the list of cars that are eligible for the Kei Cup races and/or Lightweight Kei cup seasonal.

Of the premiums the Cappucino, Cervo, AZ-1 Autozam, Copen Active Top, and OFC-1 are all premiums. The Copens are probably the best of the bunch as they have 4 cylinder engines that helps generate better torque and allows them to be tuned to higher HP. The Cervo and AZ-1 are my choice as next in line with the Cervo probably having a slight edge. The Cappuccino is definitely the most overrated as people think that since it can be RMed it must be great, when actually RMing it is just about pointless especially in a PP restricted setting.

If you search in the Seasonal Events Forum here on GTPlanet there is a thread covering the fastest times for the Eifel race. My above listing of the available premiums was drawn from that though the cars there were running RS tires and made no restrictions on the use of ballast and power limiter.

Oh almost forgot the I-Meiv or however its spelled. Think its all electric though and haven't a clue about its performance.

word, i'll check out that list for sure. besides, i'm tuning on sports hard tires so it takes a great deal of test-driving to get it to handle right because with sports soft (and more so with racing tires) just about any setting would handle better than stock

i don't know if im out of line here or not asking this but could you make a touge tune for an FC3S, 450 or 500 doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't have toooooo much over steer. Thanks. Also do you guys have a touge room open daily if so can you add me PSN: PulpJuice, I'm not that good but i do enjoy the touge.

i don't know if im out of line here or not asking this but could you make a touge tune for an FC3S, 450 or 500 doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't have toooooo much over steer. Thanks. Also do you guys have a touge room open daily if so can you add me PSN: PulpJuice, I'm not that good but i do enjoy the touge.

I actually have a good tune for the FC at 450PP, I think you might enjoy it.
I'm planning a big update to the thread around christmas time for all to enjoy!

Back