Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,585 comments
I was so confused at first at the Honda engine swap...

...and as I read this thread, it's the RCR engine. 🤦‍♂️
What? The Sileighty gets a Honda Civic engine?! WT-actual-F? That's possibly the weirdest engine swap I've heard in a while!
https://www.speedhunters.com/2023/06/balancing-act-a-k24-dct-nissan-silvia-s13/

Again K24 swapped S13/14/15 are quite common these days, more common than any non nissan swap(likely only SR20 are more commonly swapped in the states). Honda K series in general are likely the most common non OEM engine to end up in other cars. Like there are K series in all of these cars that are not hondas.

MR2
MRS
911s
Boxter/Cayman
E30/E36
Miatas
Rx7
Rx8

these are just "common" ones, truth be told name car and someone has swapped a K series into. The K series is arguably the most reliable 4 cylinder ever made when making big power either naturally aspirated or boosted.

The funny thing about GT7 is the K20C swap is the LEAST common K to swap. The K24 from the RCR civic is a much more common swap. These swap are not weird, they are actually quite common in tuner circles.

Some more examples of K swapped cars.

the reason why people will go this route especially on porsche is you can find K series for far less money than the flat six engine.

Last edited:
https://www.speedhunters.com/2023/06/balancing-act-a-k24-dct-nissan-silvia-s13/

Again K24 swapped S13/14/15 are quite common these days, more common than any non nissan swap(likely only SR20 are more commonly swapped in the states). Honda K series in general are likely the most common non OEM engine to end up in other cars. Like there are K series in all of these cars that are not hondas.

MR2
MRS
911s
Boxter/Cayman
E30/E36
Miatas
Rx7
Rx8

these are just "common" ones, truth be told name car and someone has swapped a K series into. The K series is arguably the most reliable 4 cylinder ever made when making big power either naturally aspirated or boosted.

The funny thing about GT7 is the K20C swap is the LEAST common K to swap. The K24 from the RCR civic is a much more common swap. These swap are not weird, they are actually quite common in tuner circles.

Some more examples of K swapped cars.

the reason why people will go this route especially on porsche is you can find K series for far less money than the flat six engine.

Wow! I'm actually dumbfounded by that!! I'll admit I'm out of the loop, but I'm stunned a FWD Honda engine is a viable candidate for a RWD Nissan swap. I would have thought the drive train would be a nightmare to match up.

Back