#TheCardboardBox Tuning |Touge|Wangan|

Which kinds of setups would you like to see more of from us?

• Purpose built Race-Cars

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • High-Performance Touge (>530PP)

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • L.o.t.S. Touge (Class A, B, C)

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Wangan

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Track-Ready Street Cars

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jeez, why so nitpicky? I'll surely cover my tracks for the next update and make appropriate edits where necessary. It's just so tedious through the app.

If there was only one GTR Vspec, it wouldn't be a big deal, but there are 13. Of those 13, 4 where R33's. I have absolutely no desire to play guessing games with where to put your tunes. I'm sorry that you seem to think it's 'nitpicky' for you to include the actual name of the car you tuned. If you don't want to, I don't care, I'm just telling you the result of doing so.

If there was only one GTR Vspec, it wouldn't be a big deal, but there are 13. Of those 13, 4 where R33's. I have absolutely no desire to play guessing games with where to put your tunes. I'm sorry that you seem to think it's 'nitpicky' for you to include the actual name of the car you tuned. If you don't want to, I don't care, I'm just telling you the result of doing so.

Changes Fixed.. did i miss a spot?

Transmission tuning is of the most subjective parts, second only to the LSD. Driving style dictate your ideal setup as much as the track/car you're driving. Playing around with outrageous gear setups will hastily teach you what is wrong/right for the middle gears, like 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Which you'll spend most of your time in anyways.

For Example, In a 350hp car on Sports Hard tires:
If a mid-speed section of the with a lot of turns you would generally want a wider gear setup for that part of the cars speed range. Such as a wide 3rd gear will range from 60mph-90mph in most 6-speed trannies or 65mph-100mph on 5-speeds. That wat you would go through that mid-speed section without losing time from shifting up to 4th gear in that section. You would generally want a narrower 4th gear since high speed sections in most tracks won't have you going past 120mph for more than 2 seconds before having to slow down for a low/mid speed corner. That narrow gear you be close and accelerate to redline rather fast and using the top end of the car's powerband.

Take this example and adjust it for the car you have in mind. Take into account horsepower, torque and the powerband.. That graph on the tuning setup page that shows you what RPM range the vehicle makes torque and horsepower. Lowest gears you would generally want wide for acceleration and to avoid major wheelspin. It's all up to you! Gran Turismo lets you tune till your heart's content. :)

Now... with LSD. It is the most subjective of tuning parts because it depends on your style more so than the other parts. Suspensions can be adjusted for personal style but there is generally a few rules that apply to suspension tuning for different events. Rally, Drift, Touge, Track/Circuit, etc. That.. and LSD tuning philosophies don't apply the same to most cars. Not every MR will react the same with similar setups. Most 4WD act alike with a few exceptions. FF are my weakest point at the moment. FR are the most predictable of the lot.

Again the power band comes into play. Ask yourself these questions as you tune your car's LSD

how much power and torque my car makes?
when does my car make this power (as in during which PRMs)?
is there a dip in the torque band? a hill? a plateau? or a peak.
how drastic is the torque band's elevation/drop?
When does my car make horsepower? as well as the other questions pertaining to torque ^^
Now, the question that makes or breaks your setup is...
During which RPMs am I going to be driving the car the most in this track/type of track??

While 'trying out your own numbers notice if the car is under/over steering and adjust accordingly.
GT5 makes available the parts/tuning manual in online mode now. Meaning when you're tuning your car, click the yellow question mark (?) above the settings of each part for a brief yet detailed explanation of what each change each adjustment would make.

Above All, Practice.

If you would take the time, feel free to send me a friend request. I usually host private lobbies with friends and drive and tune together and show off our cars. You could learn a thing or two hanging around. Also, my tuning thread is a side-project of mine I update on my free time to share my setups and style.

The Renaissance:

I'm just now finalizing the setups on my latest venture, The Back-to-School Special Package and...

Lately, I've been perusing my garage and somewhat melancholic at some of my favorite cars I've driven no more since the Spec II update of a few months past. A number of my favorite mountain cars lay there untouched, collecting virtual dust longing for some Car & Driver time out on the Nurburging and other touge amongst their LotS brethren. As well as those, a majority of my track-tuned 'grip' setups from before the earlier updates also lie in wait.

Which of these cars would you, the public, like to see renewed and featured here on TheCardboarBox?
TO THE BATCAVE!!!

These are the cars:

Touge (Sports: Hard)-

[420PP]
Nissan Silvia K's Dia Selection (S13) '90
Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01

[450PP]
BMW 330i '05
Honda Accord Euro-R '02

[≤500PP]
BMW 135i Coupe '07
BMW M3 CSL '03
Honda Civic Type R (FD2) '08
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04
Honda NSX Type R '02
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Mitsubishi Lan Evo VI GSR T.M. SCP '99
Nissan Silvia spec-R AERO (S15) '02​

Track (Sports: Soft)-
[≤520PP]
Acura NSX '91
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08
Ferrari 512BB '76

[≤550PP]
BMW M3 Coupe '07
BMW M3 GTR '03
Mitsubishi Lan Evo VI GSR T.M SCP '99
RUF RGT '02 (oodles of fun!)

[575PP]
BMW M5 '08
Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
Lexus LFA '10
Ferarri F40 '92
RUF CTR2

[600PP]
Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
Ferarri 430 Scuderia '07
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
McLaren MP4-12C '10

[>600PP]
Audi R8 5.3 FSI quattro Chrome Line
Ferarri Enzo Ferarri '02
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 760-4 SuperVeloce '09​

Post and comment in regards to which of these cars most like to see!
I'll get working on them 👍

Update: List Updated

Last edited:
Tell you what I would want to see, I would like to see my EK9 back! :dopey: I've got another one fresh from the UCD for you to keep, so can I has my Yellow Spoon back now? I'll give you a sliver spoon in return. :D

And keep the S2000 on a bit longer if you're planning to take some cars off…writing a piece on it in my review thread.

As for which car from the list I would like to see…I wanna see da Evo back! :D

Tell you what I would want to see, I would like to see my EK9 back! :dopey: I've got another one fresh from the UCD for you to keep, so can I has my Yellow Spoon back now? I'll give you a sliver spoon in return. :D

And keep the S2000 on a bit longer if you're planning to take some cars off…writing a piece on it in my review thread.

As for which car from the list I would like to see…I wanna see da Evo back! :D

I'll send you back the EK tomorrow surely, and gladly accept the silver spoon :D

I'll be keeping the current set of shared cars up for a good deal of time. The one's I'd remove, though to make room for newer setups are the FD and R34 perhaps.

which Evo? the 500PP touge setup or 550PP for track?

I'll send you back the EK tomorrow surely, and gladly accept the silver spoon :D

I'll be keeping the current set of shared cars up for a good deal of time. The one's I'd remove, though to make room for newer setups are the FD and R34 perhaps.

which Evo? the 500PP touge setup or 550PP for track?

Well, it's more white, but yea. :P

Good, gives me more time. :D

The…Black Mamba, was it? That Evo VI that you so adore.

Well, it's more white, but yea. :P

Good, gives me more time. :D

The…Black Mamba, was it? That Evo VI that you so adore.

aaaahhh yes, i certainly do love that car :lol:
I've been wanting to get a Spec II-ready setup on that car, with the new tire wear model it should be handling better.. TO THE BATCAVE!!

aaaahhh yes, i certainly do love that car :lol:
I've been wanting to get a Spec II-ready setup on that car, with the new tire wear model it should be handling better.. TO THE BATCAVE!!

Well…it would be better, if the tyres weren't turned to dust every 2 laps thanks to Spec 2.02… :grumpy:

Well…it would be better, if the tyres weren't turned to dust every 2 laps thanks to Spec 2.02… :grumpy:

haha, the tires that suffered the most after that update were definitely soft compounds. though sports soft still last a fair amount of time, racing softs are obliterated with haste. comfort soft.. idk yet, i usually only run them for drifting and with wear off.

haha, the tires that suffered the most after that update were definitely soft compounds. though sports soft still last a fair amount of time, racing softs are obliterated with haste. comfort soft.. idk yet, i usually only run them for drifting and with wear off.

Well…sport soft lasts for 6 laps or so (I think), which is sort of decent. When compared to the racing soft distance of instantly disintegrating the moment you get the tyres red. :lol:

And what are you going to do with my EK9 anyway?

Well…sport soft lasts for 6 laps or so (I think), which is sort of decent. When compared to the racing soft distance of instantly disintegrating the moment you get the tyres red. :lol:

And what are you going to do with my EK9 anyway?

Well, i finished the initial setup of both the EK and DC2. Gonna do some final tweaks in online lobby as the grip and dampers seem to work a little different or just slower when online. I'll send it back tomorrow for sure though as soon as the setup is complete!

I have occasional wi-fi issues at home so my PS3 isn't always online :banghead:

6683425293_05c2c3a011.jpg

Spoon Integra Type R (DC2) '99

GT Auto
Sunlight Yellow
TE37 Bronze wheels
Engine Overhaul/Chassis Restoration
182.2 Miles​

6683424649_d300cb0120_b.jpg

6683425123_ffe5c59dfe.jpg

Spoon Civic Type R (EK9) '00

GT Auto
Naples Yellow
Enkei JS+M Dark Gray
Engine Overhaul/Chassis Restoration
1923.8 Miles

6683424843_7d6e42d0ed_b.jpg

It's January and that means it's Back to SCHOOL.. Screw the textbooks, though!! Toudou Academy demo cars setups by TheCardboardBox are now up for grabs! Two of the most capable FFs in their class, the Honda Civic and Integra Type R's tuned by famed Japanese tuner Spoon Sports, with some minor yet significant differential and suspension adjustments.

Understeer is all but gone, as is with nearly every FF simply because of the weight balance. Coming in at 450PP, these cars will be competitive and hella fun to drive! Enjoy 👍

A special thank you goes out to Onboy123 for lending me his EK for this project, I've sent it back as per our agreement.

And as per our more recent agreement, I've got you a replacement. :D It's not set up yet, so you'll have to do that yourself, I'm afraid.

And it's more white than silver.

And as per our more recent agreement, I've got you a replacement. :D It's not set up yet, so you'll have to do that yourself, I'm afraid.

And it's more white than silver.

Cool, doesn't matter.. the setup is done, it's basically just inputing the number now. a car is a car haha, thanks :D

Cool, doesn't matter.. the setup is done, it's basically just inputing the number now. a car is a car haha, thanks :D

No problem…and would the CardboardBox be interested in tuning a mildly ridiculous Spoon Fit Race Car by any chance? :lol: Or would either of the Spoon S2000 interest you more?

Think of…Postman Pat's van in a Blue/Yellow Fit with adjustable downforce, 200 ish hp and say…a set of scrappy comfort soft/sport hard tyres to keep him on the road. :lol:

I like the sound of that!! damn I just checked and actually don't have the Spoon Fit :ouch:
but i have both the S2K street and race cars.

I'd only suggest it if I knew I had a copy of the car. ;)

word, surprisingly i just haven't run into it while having the money for it.. i have upwards of 900 cars and haven't gotten that one :/

I've been running my M3 GTR a bit lately, forgot how fun it was

ToscanaTarmac-9.jpg

Blood Hound "13 Devils"
BMW M3 CSL '03

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
500PP
382hp/8200rpm | 282ft-lb/5300rpm
1385kg
Model: Standard
Type: Touge

Upgrades:
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Semi Racing Exhaust
Transmission: Close Ratio 6 Speed
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
F/C L.S.D
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Sports: Hard

Power Limiter:
98.7%

L.S.D.:
0 - 9
0 - 9
0 -14

Suspension:
Height: -18/-18
Spring Rate: 8.0/7.0
Damper Extension: 8/6
Damper Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/5
Camber: 2.0/2.0
Tow: -0.07/0.05

Downforce
No Downforce

Brakes:
6 - 6

Ballast:
0kg

An updated setup to produce better handling results...

Last edited:
Ahrweiler-Winter.jpg

Storm Trooper
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Wing B

Tale of the Tape:
604PP
686hp/8600rpm | 455ft-lb/7100rpm
1169kg
Model: Premium
Type: Grip/Track

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
F/C Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Torque Center Differential
Caron Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Racing: Hard - Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
Fully Customisable

L.S.D.:
5 - 11
10 - 24
9 - 20

Drivetrain:
25 - 75

Suspension:
Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 7.5/12.0
Damper Extension: 4/6
Damper Compression: 4/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/5
Camber: 2.0/1.5
Tow: -0.00/0.00

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 20

Brakes:
7 - 9

Ballast:
0kg

This is a track based setup with all the heavy handling resolved.
I used the Stock Exhaust because i preferred the original exhaust tone over the aftermarket exhausts for this car...

Last edited:
TheTopGearTestTrack.jpg

Eco-Drifter
Tesla Roadster '08

GT Auto:
GT Auto Wing B

Tale of the Tape:
481PP
278hp/5500rpm | 267ft-lb/2000rpm
1049kg
Type: Drift

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Rigidity Improvment
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Comfort: Hard

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
None (Electric Car)

L.S.D.:
0 - 5
0 - 30
0 - 15

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 3.0/4.0
Damper Extension: 8/8
Damper Compression: 8/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6
Camber: 1.7/1.2
Tow: -0.00/0.00

Downforce
F - 0 : R - 10

Brakes:
5 - 5

Ballast:
0kg

Eco-Drifting never felt better when drifting this small light weight car.
Due to the car having only one gear it has the power to kick out the tail when you want it to but due to the small Horsepower it's not a very fast car.
Have fun sneaking up on other drifters with this car as there is NO noise from the car....

Last edited:
6697417241_bb2e7c4f7c.jpg

The Thrustmaster
BMW M3 GTR '03

GT Auto:
Wing Type A
Paint: Japanrot (BMW factory color)
Oil Change
166.5 miles​

NOTE: DOWNFORCE IS SET TO 14 (or 15, depending how broken in your car is)
I apologize deeply for the typo

6697416885_31bbe69389_b.jpg

3.. 2.. 1.. BLASTOFF!!! What do we know about V8 engines? Generally, more so than V6, I4, and even some V12's, they have great midrange torque. But a german tuned V8.. a BMW V8 at that, that's a whole different ballpark. I could go on rambling how this car handles as good, if not better, than mid-engine cars, and how stable it is. But I WILL tell you is that it picks up speed faster than similarly spec'd (550PP) R35 Black Edition and Audi R8. And holy crap this thing can corner. I just coasts through hairpins at 55mph in 3rd gear and exits the corners with blistering acceleration. The M3 to end all M3's... The Thrustmaster

by the way... I'm in love with this car's exhaust note, dear lord!! <3

Last edited:
AutodromoNazionaleMonza.jpg

458 Monza Edition
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Auto Front A : GT Auto Canards : GT Auto Wing A

Tale of the Tape:
606PP
668hp/9600rpm | 441ft-lb/6600rpm
1232kg

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
F/C Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
Caron Propeller Shaft
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
Fully Customisable

L.S.D.:
0 - 7
0 - 14
0 - 8

Suspension:
Height: -20/-17
Spring Rate: 11.1/12.6
Damper Extension: 6/8
Damper Compression: 5/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber: 1.8/1.5
Tow: -0.11/-0.05

Downforce
F - 10 : R - 35

Brakes:
7 - 6

Ballast:
0kg

Re-tuned with downforce for a better grip as well as uprated suspension for improved handling.
I used the Stock Exhaust because i preferred the original exhaust tone over the aftermarket exhausts for this car.

Last edited:
747434-bigthumbnail.jpg

458 Monza Edition
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Tale of the Tape:
597PP
662hp/9600rpm | 60ft-lb/6600rpm
1232kg

Expect a review of this in the next day or so.

Edit: Shadow if you can put this on share that would be gratefull. Let me know cheers.

LagunaSecaRaceway_1.jpg

Sound Of The Wind
Mazda Furai Concept '08

GT Auto:
Oil Change

Tale of the Tape:
692PP
577hp/9100rpm | 339ft-lb/8600rpm
675kg
Model: Standard

Upgrades:
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo
Transmission: F/C
LSD: F/C
F/C Suspension

Tyres:
Racing: Soft

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
Fully Customisable

L.S.D.:
0 - 25
0 - 56
0 - 6

Suspension:
Height: 0/-3
Spring Rate: 13.4/13.7
Damper Extension: 6/7
Damper Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: 2.2/2.0
Tow: 0.00/0.27

Downforce
F - 35 : R - 60

Brakes:
6 - 7

Ballast:
0kg

A very fast car for only 536bhp, But this car packs very little weight which makes this car one not to be messed with on track days. A nibble handling car with a small snap if handled rough.

Last edited:
circuitdespafrancorchamrv.jpg

Aventador R-GT
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '11

GT Auto:
Oil Change : GT Auto Front C : GT Auto Rear C : GT Auto Canards : GT Auto Wing C

Tale of the Tape:
649PP
917hp/9400rpm | 593ft-lb/6400rpm
1276kg
Model: Premium/DLC

Upgrades:
Weight Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Transmission: F/C
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
F/C LSD
F/C Suspension

Tyres:

Power Limiter:
100%

Transmission:
1st: 4.020
2nd: 2.792
3rd: 2.114
4th: 1.669
5th: 1.367
6th: 1.127
7th: 0.934
Final: 3.500
Top Speed: 224Mph
(Top Speed, Individual Gears then Final Gear)
(For Higher speed tracks adjust using Final Gear)

L.S.D.:
7 - 10
60 - 30
5 - 5

Drivetrain:
25 - 75

Suspension:
Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 14.2/15.2
Damper Extension: 9/8
Damper Compression: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/3
Camber: 3.0/2.6
Tow: -0.20/-0.06

Downforce
F - 5 : R - 25

Brakes:
9 - 8

Ballast:
0kg

Tuned for GT tracks such as Spa, Monza & Nurburgring GP the Aventador R-GT is a true machine and has the handling to match it. With around 900Bhp it will without a doubt monster its way through the pack to shows whos the boss.

Last edited:
Back