Ripper Tuning Garage - 14/10/13 - Farewell.

Actually, considering the circumstances, perhaps this would be more appropriate first:

shelbyteaser.png

Double post :ouch:

Shelby Series One Super-Charged '03 - 500PP
Found in UCD
500PP
334BHP, 1230kg
FR

CapeRingPeriphery-2.jpg

Parts
GT Auto Rear Wing Type C
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

Body/Chassis
Aero: -/17
Ballast: 28kg @ 0

Transmission
1st - 2.522
2nd - 1.888
3rd - 1.468
4th - 1.175
5th - 0.975
6th - 0.831
Final - 4.130
Max speed - 174mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/5
Accel: -/20
Braking: -/5

Suspension
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 8.5/9.5
Extension: 7/7
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/7
Camber: 2.0/1.6
Toe: -0.20/0.00

Brakes
7/8

A tribute. RIP Caroll Shelby.

Tuned on GT5 Version 2.07

Last edited:
HKS CT230R '08
Found in NCD
614PP
602BHP, 708Nm, 1068kg
4WD

GrandValleySpeedway_2.jpg

Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable LSD
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Racing Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Aero: 20/30
Ballast: 0kg @ 0

Transmission
1st - 2.912
2nd - 2.090
3rd - 1.563
4th - 1.212
5th - 0.974
Final - 3.340
Max speed - 211mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: 10/5
Accel: 15/33
Braking: 5/5

Torque Split: 25/75

Suspension
Ride Height: -15/-11
Spring Rate: 11.0/14.0
Extension: 9/9
Compression: 4/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/7
Camber: 3.0/2.0
Toe: -0.30/-0.30

Brakes
6/7

Last edited:
Ferrari F40 '92
Found in NCD
587PP
677BHP, 720Nm, 1125kg
MR

RedBullHangar-7_1.jpg

Parts
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Hard tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 0kg @ -50

Transmission
1st - 3.690
2nd - 2.619
3rd - 1.939
4th - 1.520
5th - 1.249
Final - 2.570
Max speed - 205mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/15
Accel: -/11
Braking: -/23

Suspension
Ride height: -19/-15
Spring Rate: 8.0/9.2
Extension: 7/7
Compression: 2/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/1
Camber: 2.0/1.8
Toe: -0.20/0.15

Brakes
7/7

Fully maxed Ferrari F40. Enough said.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not at the moment, I'll try and get it up as soon as possible though :) Unless you'd be willing to build this on one of your F40's :P

A large set of tunes coming, all of them by one manufacturer, from one of their in-house tuning companies. Most of them are already mad enough as they are. But all are subsequently tuned again by Ripper Tuning...

...and on the other hand, two cute 380PP tunes will also be published. :P

Last edited:
Volkswagen Lupo GTI '01
Found in UCD
380PP
149BHP, 188Nm, 975kg
FF

CapeRingPeriphery5.jpg

Parts
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Hard tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 0kg @ 50

Transmission
1st - 2.872
2nd - 2.192
3rd - 1.756
4th - 1.440
5th - 1.212
6th - 1.068
Final - 3.835
Max speed - 124mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: 5/-
Accel: 29/-
Braking: 19/-

Suspension
Ride height: -5/-12
Spring Rate: 11.3/2.3
Extension: 10/2
Compression: 2/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/7
Camber: 2.7/1.3
Toe: -0.27/-0.37

Brakes
2/6

Tuned for Seasonal Tuning Challenge 2, 1.55.5xx around Cape Ring Periphery. Keep in 5th gear for the loop otherwise your lap time will suffer. Overall though, a great little car to drive, with a touch of lift-off oversteer and a small amount of safe understeer to see you home. Just try not to drive over any kerbs on the way.

Last edited:
Fiat Barchetta Giovane Due '00
Found in UCD
380PP
144BHP, 183Nm, 927kg
FF

CapeRingPeriphery_2.jpg

Parts
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Hard tyres

Body/Chassis

Transmission
1st - 3.029
2nd - 2.284
3rd - 1.766
4th - 1.378
5th - 1.089
Final - 3.270
Max speed - 137mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Accel: 29/-
Braking: 18/-

Suspension
Ride height: 0/-15
Spring Rate: 13.5/3.2
Extension: 10/5
Compression: 2/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7
Camber: 2.7/1.2
Toe: -0.35/-0.45

Brakes
2/7

A different, more stable tune compared to the Lupo GTI, mostly due to the stubborn understeer that I repeatedly dialed out. It's still there in small quantities, but not enough to disrupt the driving experience. Also, isn't it a cute little thing? :P

Last edited:
Toyota SERA '92
Found in UCD
380PP
148BHP, 172Nm, 910kg
FF

CapeRingPeriphery_14.jpg

Parts
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Sports Hard tyres

Body/Chassis

Transmission
1st - 2.766
2nd - 2.089
3rd - 1.596
4th - 1.282
5th - 1.090
Final - 4.030
Max speed - 124mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Accel: 22/-
Braking: 5/-

Suspension
Ride height: -5/-11
Spring Rate: 11.7/3.5
Extension: 10/3
Compression: 2/10
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/7
Camber: 2.7/1.3
Toe: -0.30/-0.35

Brakes
2/6

Another alternative I tuned and tested for the Shootout, but decided against. Oh well.

Last edited:
Review of the Ferrari F40

Overall, this tune has managed to capture the essence of one of the most insane supercars of the early 90's. Its powerful, has bipolar nature and it will kill you without regret if you get it wrong. But, if you manage your throttle inputs with caution, both you and the tyres might survive longer than two laps. Tweaking the gearing slightly might help this car to exit corners with bit less drama, while preserving tyres and nerves of the driver, while resulting as overall faster laps.

Keep up the good work!👍

I see you're trying kinda similar tactics to me, with uploading the main snubs and all (plus a cute thing lol). Though two of mine ended up being Scions :lol:

The Sera was a consideration I had and was second fastest among the cars I tested, behind the 106, but the driving feel was not there at all for me.

I might also try your CT230R at some point, but looking at your max speed stat, what is the final speed it reaches? Such knowledge can make or break some CT230R tunes...

I might also try your CT230R at some point, but looking at your max speed stat, what is the final speed it reaches? Such knowledge can make or break some CT230R tunes...

I'd say it's around 220mph to 240mph, looking at the final gear setting compared to default, and the max speed.

So corner exit acceleration, a key factor in the the CT230R's pace, is sort of sacrificed for top speed, I think.

I actually have about 5 or 6 tunes built in my garage for this 380PP shootout, but in the end half were not up to par. :P
The SERA holds my fastest lap so far, 1.55.3xx but the Lupo managed a 1.55.7xx with a fairly big scrape into the armco so...

And I'm not too sure actually, I think it can top 200mph but I'm not sure

trackripper123
I actually have about 5 or 6 tunes built in my garage for this 380PP shootout, but in the end half were not up to par. :P
The SERA holds my fastest lap so far, 1.55.3xx but the Lupo managed a 1.55.7xx with a fairly big scrape into the armco so...

And I'm not too sure actually, I think it can top 200mph but I'm not sure

I had like 10 cars prepared for this, and only the first 2 I posted were any good and fast. The xB is changed from its original test model (no wing) and the N360 was put in for a joke. :lol:

200 is too high up. The CT230R only has 5 speeds, and suffers very badly higher up the speed scale. Top speed is not designed to be the forte of the HKS, and you're sacrificing its best asset - the acceleration - for it. The magic number that AdrenaTune's CT230R uses is in the low 180s, and it doesn't even max out on Dottinger Hohe. Top speed is more for the S2k Turbo with the 7 gears and everything...that pulls off some 230 max w/slipstream (can't be powered up at all though). Yes, I am a tuner car nut I know. :P

Review of the VW Lupo GTI '01

For 380PP, I did not expect a fast car at all. But the Lupo isn't even as fast as the cars you race against in the Sunday Cup! The transmission setup you recommended (sat in front of my PS3 looking at my computer to exactly copy the numbers) feels like it's geared way too high for this car, even though the gearing is actually extremely low.

The thing that bothers me most is the advertised lap time of 1.55.xxx around Cape Ring Periphery. I would be willing to forgive the quirky suspension and transmission setup if it had actually been able to get the advertised lap time. But my lap times were consistently 2.05.xxx to 2.07.xxx, and that was flooring it the entire race. At least the performance difference adjustment gave me over 500,000 credits, even though I finished 3rd.

Some tunes are better than others. The Chaparral 2D tune actually dials out the understeer and makes it easier to drive. However, the Lupo tune just doesn't seem to work for me, sorry.

Onboy123
Not really…you're extremely normal, if anything. It's almost common knowledge that the CT230R is acceleration>top speed.

But then no one else has tested a full 38 of them, yeah?

Review of the VW Lupo GTI '01

For 380PP, I did not expect a fast car at all. But the Lupo isn't even as fast as the cars you race against in the Sunday Cup! The transmission setup you recommended (sat in front of my PS3 looking at my computer to exactly copy the numbers) feels like it's geared way too high for this car, even though the gearing is actually extremely low.

The thing that bothers me most is the advertised lap time of 1.55.xxx around Cape Ring Periphery. I would be willing to forgive the quirky suspension and transmission setup if it had actually been able to get the advertised lap time. But my lap times were consistently 2.05.xxx to 2.07.xxx, and that was flooring it the entire race. At least the performance difference adjustment gave me over 500,000 credits, even though I finished 3rd.

Some tunes are better than others. The Chaparral 2D tune actually dials out the understeer and makes it easier to drive. However, the Lupo tune just doesn't seem to work for me, sorry.

That's strange, on a bad lap for me, it runs around 1.57...

The setup that is currently there is slightly outdated though, I was going to update it literally right now, so maybe you could test the new setup and get back to me? :)
I'll check the setup again and see if there were any typos on the setup. If not though, then maybe its just a difference in driving style. Times over 2.00 are very rare and generally only appear if you spin, somehow. :lol: Even with all the parts bolted on and no settings adjusted it's usually around 2.00, so I can't quite understand how you're getting those times. You're not grinding armcos or walls anywhere are you?

EDIT: Nope, no typos in the transmission, keep it in 5th for the spiral bridge.

Last edited:
I had like 10 cars prepared for this, and only the first 2 I posted were any good and fast. The xB is changed from its original test model (no wing) and the N360 was put in for a joke. :lol:

200 is too high up. The CT230R only has 5 speeds, and suffers very badly higher up the speed scale. Top speed is not designed to be the forte of the HKS, and you're sacrificing its best asset - the acceleration - for it. The magic number that AdrenaTune's CT230R uses is in the low 180s, and it doesn't even max out on Dottinger Hohe. Top speed is more for the S2k Turbo with the 7 gears and everything...that pulls off some 230 max w/slipstream (can't be powered up at all though). Yes, I am a tuner car nut I know. :P

I was trawling through my garage looking for cars in the 280-360PP range for ages. :P

Hmm, I tested it on GVS though and I don't remember there being a noticable drop in acceleration up to the 200mph mark, maybe acceleration out of the corners is slower than it could be, I might re-jig the gears and see which lap time is faster.

GAAAH STUPID DOUBLE POST :ouch:

Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG '08
Found in NCD
617PP
874BHP, 949Nm, 1403kg
FR

RedBullHangar-7.jpg

Parts
GT Auto Rear Wing Type B
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Racing Soft Tyres

Body/Chassis
Aero: -/18
Ballast: 0kg @ 0

Transmission
1st - 4.255
2nd - 3.052
3rd - 2.387
4th - 1.959
5th - 1.656
6th - 1.425
7th - 1.236
Final - 2.400
Max speed - 186mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/9
Accel: -/21

Suspension
Ride Height: -26/-21
Spring Rate: 9.5/11.2
Extension: 8/8
Compression: 3/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/6
Camber: 2.1/1.9
Toe: -0.23/-0.02

Brakes
6/7

The first of the mad, bad AMG collection that's coming. Now this may be the smallest, entry level C-Class, but the AMG skunk works have put their 6.2 V8 in it, and that's been pumped up further to give near 900BHP and mountains of torque. This is devastatingly fast in a straight line, and isn't too shabby in the corners either, but it will kill you if you drive it with a lead foot and no brain.

Last edited:
That's strange, on a bad lap for me, it runs around 1.57...

The setup that is currently there is slightly outdated though, I was going to update it literally right now, so maybe you could test the new setup and get back to me? :)
I'll check the setup again and see if there were any typos on the setup. If not though, then maybe its just a difference in driving style. Times over 2.00 are very rare and generally only appear if you spin, somehow. :lol: Even with all the parts bolted on and no settings adjusted it's usually around 2.00, so I can't quite understand how you're getting those times. You're not grinding armcos or walls anywhere are you?

EDIT: Nope, no typos in the transmission, keep it in 5th for the spiral bridge.

I'm thinking it's a difference in driving style. I decided to use your tune for the Lupo because your Chaparral 2D tune won me the Historic Racing Car Cup at Monaco in B-spec. Anyone who can tune a car to win that (with a 2J starting IN THE LEAD, nonetheless!) clearly knows what they're doing.

I will certainly test the new setup once I can get to my PS3. I still got third place with the Lupo and the new PDA gave me over half a million credits because it had 380PP.

And no, I'm not grinding it into guardrails :P

Hmm odd because I overtake 1st on the 3rd lap in the seasonal then end up winning by about 10 seconds in that Lupo. A question of driving style and driving lines maybe?

Hmm odd because I overtake 1st on the 3rd lap in the seasonal then end up winning by about 10 seconds in that Lupo. A question of driving style and driving lines maybe?

First place went to an Integra who beat me by 23 seconds. Yeah, I think it's the way I drive. It's not your fault.

And I don't really take a line at all, I'm kind of all over the place when I've got so little power.

Aha, you drew the short straw in the AI lineup... If you get any other lineup apart from the Integra in 1st, then you should win comfortably. Watch some videos of the lines people take on the circuit too, that helped me immensely on some tracks I didn't know well enough. :)

Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG '02
Found in UCD
616PP
844BHP, 1166Nm, 1470kg
FR

SuzukaCircuit2.jpg

Parts
GT Auto Rear Wing Type C
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Racing Soft Tyres

Body/Chassis
Aero: -/20
Ballast: 29kg @ 50

Transmission
1st - 3.913
2nd - 2.552
3rd - 1.851
4th - 1.446
5th - 1.192
Final - 2.200
Max speed - 211mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/27
Accel: -/18

Suspension
Ride Height: -17/-15
Spring Rate: 11.8/13.6
Extension: 7/6
Compression: 2/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/7
Camber: 2.5/2.1
Toe: -0.27/-0.23

Brakes
4/7

A collaboration with krenkme at Clueless produced this beast. The E-Class AMG. With even more torque and nearly as much power as the C63 AMG, you can be sure to be in for a wild ride. Straight line speed is astonishing and it can get around corners, although remember, the car is heavy. :lol: Don't drive it with lead feet and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz CLK55 AMG '00
Found in UCD
552PP
590BHP, 750Nm, 1340kg
FR

CapeRing-1.jpg

Parts
Window Weight Reduction
Sports ECU
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Racing Hard Tyres

Body/Chassis
Ballast: 22kg @ 50

Transmission
1st - 3.341
2nd - 2.213
3rd - 1.634
4th - 1.293
5th - 1.068
Final - 2.685
Max speed - 193mph

Drivetrain
LSD
Initial: -/22
Accel: -/19

Suspension
Ride Height: -17/-15
Spring Rate: 13.2/14.7
Extension: 8/8
Compression: 3/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber: 2.3/2.0
Toe: -0.25/-0.24

Brakes
4/7

Let me make it plain I'm not particularly happy with how this tune came out, but my OCD refused to let me release an AMG collection with a car missing. So the CLK55 AMG. Less powerful than its other AMG brethren due to the lack of turbo or supercharging, but still plenty powerful enough. Believe me.

Last edited:
Back